IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]

Destiny

37 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

And if you have no idea what The Prisoner was, I suggest checking it out:

Thanks for the recommendation! Prime Video has it!! I'm going to check it out.

Oh, shoot, it looks like only the first episode's free. Oh, well.....

Edited by ManyGoats
insufficient information
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

All the episodes are free at the link for the first episode that I posted - Shout! Factory.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpHaAKu74UHvcYCi2g_PvBQ

• Thank You 6

3 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Anyone going?

image.png.d7e59aa65ce1c5cc1b525a9e0400c293.png

I am guessing the order of the names is on purpose and from the highest in power to lowest. As I typed that, it dawned on me it could be Gwen and Joe top and the other 5 in alphabetic order. I like the hierarchy theory but I'm probably just making up conspiracy theory for the order of names.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

26 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am guessing the order of the names is on purpose and from the highest in power to lowest. 

I'm inclined to agree with your first thought that it's hierarchical. The Martins have been with Gwen the longest but Brandon is family.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

That's strange. My Prime Video shows all 17 episodes for free, with ads from IMDb TV. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 6/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, ManyGoats said:

Check out mamallama's avatar. It has a similar look!

image.png.6933324cc0ccbbd33ffd980c43c8e075.png

@mamallama I hope I didn't commit a faux pas by copying and pasting your fabulous avatar.

No faux pas.  I love my llamas (not mine just a pic from the internet) but they always make me smile.  Love your goats!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Yeah, the thumb and forefinger making a circle, with three fingers sticking up, varies a lot in meaning. I've been avoiding it lately due to the alt-right crap, but it has a long and varied history.

In fact, pre-Trump, we joked here about someone (Taryn?) thinking it was satanic because it looked like the number 666 - someone has it as their avatar. More here:

By sheer coincidence, I found and have been re-watching The Prisoner, and putting that hand up to your eye, then dropping it, goes with the the creepy-cheery "Be seeing you!" good-bye everyone says in the The Village. McGoohan does it sloppily here, to show his scorn, so it looks more like a normal salute, but you can see the hand shape more clearly in some other instances.

And if you have no idea what The Prisoner was, I suggest checking it out:

I bought a Blu-ray player some years back just so I could buy the complete series in Blu-ray.

The Sixties!

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

That's strange. My Prime Video shows all 17 episodes for free, with ads from IMDb TV. 

Can you send me your password? Ha ha! Just kidding! I'll look more carefully at my Prime. Thanks!!

• Haha 6

It was mentioned above that the church is disputing Joe's expired medical. That's impossible to dispute as its a VERY public record and can be looked up online at FFA.gov 

It has been done and his medical was expired thus his pilots license was invalid and it was a crime for him to be operating the aircraft. 

The cult can and does lie about a lot of stuff, but NOT this. It's public record. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Gothard is a perv said:

It was mentioned above that the church is disputing Joe's expired medical. That's impossible to dispute as its a VERY public record and can be looked up online at FFA.gov 

It has been done and his medical was expired thus his pilots license was invalid and it was a crime for him to be operating the aircraft. 

The cult can and does lie about a lot of stuff, but NOT this. It's public record. 

Facts are meaningless when it comes to this stuff and RF. Leadership will say it was not expired and then members will repeat it to each other. In their circle the “fact” will be that it was not expired.   They live in an echo chamber bubble.  It’s pretty difficult if not impossible to break through that bubble.

But my hope is that maybe a few of my family members will see that lie or see leadership start to power grab, or some other way through this tragedy they will break out of the trance. I’m not counting on it but this is the most hopeful I have felt about the possibility in a long time. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Gothard is a perv said:

The only reason I can think they may have to dispute is that was done recently and public records have not been updated. Not defending this clown car of a church but it is possible.

Can someone address the elephant in the room? Why would someone with expired certifications and no ratings on a particular aircraft actually be allowed to take off from a federally regulated airport in said craft????

• Upvote 21
  • Thank You 1

Even if he has very recently gotten his medical certification, it has been expired for years and he has been flying. So there can be no dispute that Joe flew while not properly licensed. It seems rather scary that he was able to do that.

But RF seems to create their own reality so they will just keep saying he was licensed even if the official report shows he wasn’t. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, Gothard is a perv said:

I have heard they are saying it isn’t a big deal that it was expired!  Shock!

They also say the Smith’s didn’t kill their son when everyone else knows they did! 

They also like her hair when everyone else says it is crazy!

They also believe working out is not good, vitamins are bad, muscle is fat and needs to be lost...

We could go on and on, but they are just wrong on so many things and you will never be able to convince them otherwise. 

They are brainwashed living and actively participating in a cult. ??‍♀️

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

It is not at all surprising that the RF political leanings would be MAGA. In that way they are more alike than different from the Baptist or any other church down the road from them. Williamson County is overwhelmingly red. Tennessee elected an ultra-conservative man who inherited his father’s business and had no prior political experience as governor. The state still has less than 35% Covid vaccination rate. Put in context, it would be surprising if RF were not MAGA supporters.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

I wonder if they planned to join in on the MAGA grift wagon.  Apparently there's gold in them thar hills.

I think the ill-fated trip to Palm Beach was RF/Gwod heeding the siren call...

4 hours ago, Gothard is a perv said:

Family member who is a pilot & instructor (retired military) gets flight physicals at a military installation.  I suspect that when he leaves the physical, the appt. is already set for the next one. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

I think the ill-fated trip to Palm Beach was RF/Gwod heeding the siren call...

Family member who is a pilot & instructor (retired military) gets flight physicals at a military installation.  I suspect that when he leaves the physical, the appt. is already set for the next one. 

Can you ask your family member why a pilot is allowed to take off from a federally regulated airstrip without certifications and ratings? My uncles were all three pilots (one of them even has a plane and an exhibit at the Smithsonian) but sadly they have all died. My extent of aviation knowledge is that my uncles were all pilots and did cool stuff.

I have a friend who is a Delta captain but I am concerned if I text him my secret FJ life will be exposed ;)

I have a bee in my bonnet about this. I will google and do some research but I find asking a better way to really get the info.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I found something! 
This article actually talks about a situation similar to the Lara incident.

It seems like it would be super easy to make the licenses a scannable card that pilots have to scan before even hitting the tarmac or upon entry at the airport. How can this not be easy?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I found something! 
This article actually talks about a situation similar to the Lara incident.

It seems like it would be super easy to make the licenses a scannable card that pilots have to scan before even hitting the tarmac or upon entry at the airport. How can this not be easy?

Well that is disturbing. I had zero idea that it was possible to hop in a plane to fly without a proper license. It seems like it wouldn’t be that hard to fix this.

In Joe’s case it would seem like he would have been aware he had a health issue that would prevent him from being able to fly. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 8

So my partner who is a pilot says that when filing a flight plan someone could check but probably don’t, so expired health checks and rating for an aircraft probably wouldn’t be caught. He flies from very small airfields all over the south and says it would be easy to just climb in a plane and go, it’s all on you really.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10

I'm going to speculate that the plane was kept at the regional airport  and Joe. L. had been flying it for years without an updated/current license. 

Rampant speculation based on my own inflated opinion:   If Joe was seriously deep in the weeds of alt-reich politics, he may have felt he was above and beyond government oversight and regulations.  The Gwod environment, which certainly insulated them from the demands of ordinary life,  would certainly have supported this.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm going to speculate that the plane was kept at the regional airport  and Joe. L. had been flying it for years without a current license. 

Rampant speculation based on my own opinion:   If Joe was seriously deep in the weeds of alt-reich politics, he may have felt he was above and beyond government oversight and regulations.  The Gwod "we're beyond special" attitude would have supported this. 

Basically exactly what my partner said. Little regional airports have really no oversight, it’s all on the pilot to do.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, Gothard is a perv said:

They lie constantly! And it looks like they’re trying to lie about the medical clearance, too!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm going to speculate that the plane was kept at the regional airport  and Joe. L. had been flying it for years without an updated/current license. 

Rampant speculation based on my own inflated opinion:   If Joe was seriously deep in the weeds of alt-reich politics, he may have felt he was above and beyond government oversight and regulations.  The Gwod environment, which certainly insulated them from the demands of ordinary life,  would certainly have supported this.

That seems plausible. After watching this I would conclude that most RFers think the rules don’t apply to them. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jacked said:

They lie constantly! And it looks like they’re trying to lie about the medical clearance, too!

Well this is just weird. Would they go so far to forge documents? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic