IGNORED

Alyssa & John 9: It’s All About Dressing Up and Looking Perfect on Instagram

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

Hah I love you FJers for caring. Today is my first day back checking the forum!

Yes, I was induced and had the baby last Saturday, July 3rd (41 weeks). It was a slow/gentle induction until all of a sudden my water popped and I went from 0 to 100 in less than 2 hours, less than 5 minutes of pushing. By the time I begged for an epidural they were like "uh we can see his head!". Quite a break from pushing my first 8 hrs over the course of a day. Probably more detail than you wanted but oh well. We've been home healthy and safe since Tuesday. 

Congratulations!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Tell me this isn’t Micah Plath in doll form! ?

But the hair is Jim Bob's!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

But the hair is Jim Bob's!

I bet JB’s hair is just as hard too!

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yeah! And that is my brother-cousin’s birthday (our moms are twins so it is all weird)! How big was he? How does sibling feel? How do YOU feel?

9 lbs 5 oz

And just to be clear, I'm about Alyssa's size - 5'1, 115 lbs pre-pregnancy. So you can imagine....

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 9
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

9 lbs 5 oz

And just to be clear, I'm about Alyssa's size - 5'1, 115 lbs pre-pregnancy. So you can imagine....

Oh my goodness.

Steve Irwin and Paul Hogan made some popular Aussie catch phrases well known overseas but barely anyone uses them in conversation here. One is ‘strewth’ and is said as a way to express shock, in a similar way to ‘holy moly’ (or Holly Molly if you’re a Rodrigues). I have heard about 4 people ever use the word strewth in my life, but it’s the first word that popped into my head when I read your post. And to make it even more apt, my Mum teases if she ever hears it on TV by saying ‘strewth-us Rufus’ in a bogan accent, so you got Rufus blessed with a strewth alongside it for your efforts! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

On 7/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, SassyPants said:

I always scratch my head at parents who are so focused on car seat safety, yet put their kids on the school bus out of personal convenience- Um, what-

School buses are actualy SUPER safe, even without seatbelts.

"NHTSA concludes, from comparing the number of deaths and injuries involving school-age children in cars and the number of deaths and injuries involving school buses, that riding the bus is 8 times safer than arriving at school in a car."

https://csftl.org/school-buses/

And you KNOW if the Carseats For the Littles ladies are saying it's safe then it is or they would be marching for boosters and seatbelts in every single bus.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 7/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, adidas said:

Oh my goodness.

Steve Irwin and Paul Hogan made some popular Aussie catch phrases well known overseas but barely anyone uses them in conversation here. One is ‘strewth’ and is said as a way to express shock, in a similar way to ‘holy moly’ (or Holly Molly if you’re a Rodrigues). I have heard about 4 people ever use the word strewth in my life, but it’s the first word that popped into my head when I read your post. And to make it even more apt, my Mum teases if she ever hears it on TV by saying ‘strewth-us Rufus’ in a bogan accent, so you got Rufus blessed with a strewth alongside it for your efforts! 

Alf Stewart, is that you?

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:39 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I am a terrible Mum, I never cut up grapes, I am lucky the only thing I had to be careful with was sausage skin, that seemed to get stuck in her throat a couple of times. My daughter was so not prone to choking that one time, I found a whole unchewed and undigested blueberry in her nappy, she was and still is addicted to them. At the time punnets were like 6 dollars, it crossed my mind what a waste this perfect little blueberry was and that it could be washed and regiven to her lol (I did not), but it did cross my mind. 

My nephew who is 6 months younger than my daughter needed everything cut up, His words are not as clear as my daughter's and I often wonder if his jaw and mouth muscles may need some work... (mindless occasional analyse). I just concluded that some kids are more prone than others and though I didn't work on the side of caution (most probably ignorance on my part). Now In future I most probably would cut up grapes and do a big talk with a child about eating them slowly and not running around with them in their mouth ad to chew properly etc....

My youngest is 20 now, but she always put stuff in her mouth. Fun fact- ladybugs come out perfectly intact too. ?‍♀️

• Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

My youngest is 20 now, but she always put stuff in her mouth. Fun fact- ladybugs come out perfectly intact too. ?‍♀️

I will add that to my list of useless facts I love that I know :) RIP Ladybug who did not get to fly away home.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I will add that to my list of useless facts I love that I know :) RIP Ladybug who did not get to fly away home.

Oh it was ladybugs. Plural. More than once. She was my third, what can I say? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 15

5 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I hope you regularly give her grief about being a serial ladybug killer msfluffernutterjnrlector lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Watching AW’s IG story with her cleaning, and like many have said, she’d make a fabulous worker(and I wish she’d come to my house and wash down my bathroom cabinets). I feel sad for and the kids that her default lifestyle is such a poor match for her personality type.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Watching AW’s IG story with her cleaning, and like many have said, she’d make a fabulous worker(and I wish she’d come to my house and wash down my bathroom cabinets). I feel sad for and the kids that her default lifestyle is such a poor match for her personality type.

I agree. I think she would've done really well career wise if she had been able to pursue that path.

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I could see her as a real estate agent. I wish she would send her kids to school when they are older and she became an agent. I think she would enjoy it much more than homeschooling. 

• Upvote 9

On 7/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, fluffernutter said:

Mine is rocks. I’m constantly fishing them out of her mouth. And cat food. On the daily. At least it’s protein? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

This is a screenshot from her latest story- I never knew how much she looks like Kelly Jo without makeup on! 

Spoiler

FFCB6101-3AE4-4484-86E4-4CDEE0C3F475.thumb.jpeg.b0d90b1f80a06ac7b2aab59041359030.jpeg

• Upvote 9

41 minutes ago, mstee said:

This is a screenshot from her latest story- I never knew how much she looks like Kelly Jo without makeup on! 

Hide contents

FFCB6101-3AE4-4484-86E4-4CDEE0C3F475.thumb.jpeg.b0d90b1f80a06ac7b2aab59041359030.jpeg

Oh yeah, she’s KJ’s twin!

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, mstee said:

Hide contents

Yes, she looks most like Kelly out of all the daughters. I think it’s why her oldest looks just like Kelly. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Oh yeah, she’s KJ’s twin!

Agree. Plus, she looks really exhausted. I can't recall her looking so tired when her three older girls were babies, but maybe she just didn't post such pics then. Or maybe four really is her limit. But she really looks like she could use a break (no snark -  I know from experience what a number lack of sleep does on you).

• Upvote 5

Today’s IG story has her making cookies. There are zero kids in sight. I find that odd. It’s always what’s the easiest with these folks. I feel sorry for fundie kids. Their lives are seemingly so dull and limited. Who doesn’t allow the kids to help, or at the very least watch?   And where are they? Maybe the cookies were for a church bake sale and she didn’t want them contaminated with kid germs? What are the odds? 

• Upvote 6

God I hate making cookies with my kids. I know that sounds terrible but it always ends up in a bicker fest of who gets to stir. So I often buy the pre-made sugar cookie dough, buy icing squirters and lots of sprinkles. Then they get to decorate instead of helping to bake.  They prefer that anyway.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

God I hate making cookies with my kids. I know that sounds terrible but it always ends up in a bicker fest of who gets to stir. So I often buy the pre-made sugar cookie dough, buy icing squirters and lots of sprinkles. Then they get to decorate instead of helping to bake.  They prefer that anyway.

This kept my two occupied for hours!! We then shared them them with our neighbourhood kids. Everyone survived!!!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same! I love to bake, it's a stress reliever for me. Except when I have to do it with my kids, then it becomes a chore. So the compromise is I make cookies and then I set up the icing and sprinkles and let them go wild decorating. Same with cupcakes, I do the baking and then let them decorate and this way, we all win.

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Mine is rocks. I’m constantly fishing them out of her mouth. And cat food. On the daily. At least it’s protein? 

No lie. I REMEMBER the taste of cat chow. ?‍♀️ Guess I stuck everything in my mouth too.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic