IGNORED

Alyssa & John 9: It’s All About Dressing Up and Looking Perfect on Instagram

nelliebelle1197

If Alyssa has enough money to buy a giant house with a pool, she would have been better getting a night nanny, if she doesn't want to deal with screaming infants during the night. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If Alyssa has enough money to buy a giant house with a pool, she would have been better getting a night nanny, if she doesn't want to deal with screaming infants during the night. 

Sadly, Alyssa most likely has a night nanny in training already.....Allie Jane Webster.  And she comes free.  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:56 PM, JuanitaBanana said:

No one thinks she's harming her baby because Maci sleeps through the night. People think this because she has admitted to using an abusive sleep training method. 

The poster who made that comment actually said Maci is likely sleeping through the night because of the methods she uses, so the connection was indeed made.

Let's just all agree that while we know her overall philosophy on nighttime feedings or comfort or lack thereof, with Maci we do not in fact know if her sleeping through the night is a direct result of Ezzo tactics or not.

Alyssa is reading a book and drinking coffee while the girls "do school".

Do homeachool teachers get any training on teaching methods? I ask because I taught ESL where for instance we were trained that even when students were just working on a workbook, you would at least be walking around, checking on progress, seeing if anyone needs help. It doesn't seem Alyssa is even aware to do that or anything beyond clicking play on the videos.

• Upvote 9

On 8/4/2021 at 12:02 AM, lumpentheologie said:

(And before anyone claims their kid slept through the night at that age, we know she starves/neglects those babies.) 

Does anyone really think Maci is starved? She is a gorgeous, chubby, thriving baby. 

It's weird how they feed Maci flat on her back, but the baby is clearly well-fed. She's also is bright, alert and happy. No one is starving her or neglecting her.

The other little girls are full energy and quite exuberant. They show no signs of developmental or physical delays due to starvation or neglect.

Take a look at a baby who's really been starved (Chloe Anderson, for example). Maci looks nothing like that.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

And formula really does help babies sleep longer, so the fact that Alyssa formula feeds and doesn't breast feed likely contributes to the sleeping through the night. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

And formula really does help babies sleep longer, so the fact that Alyssa formula feeds and doesn't breast feed likely contributes to the sleeping through the night. 

Truth be told, as a working mom (off 6 months and 4 months for maternity leaves), I breast and formula fed. And I always gave a formula feeding at bedtime once I was back at work- Why? Because I needed to sleep. The lives of the critically ill infants and children that I cared for during the day deserved an attentive nurse. Yes, pumping was a PITA-

• Upvote 14

I think I've figured out the problem with Alyssa's content. She is creating it for a fundy audience, where babies are supreme. But the internet is full of cute babies. She doesn't realize that while Maci is a beautiful baby, not everyone thinks she is as fascinating as her mom does. Constant pictures of Maci on instagram is just as boring as a proud parent showing off pictures in the office.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I think I've figured out the problem with Alyssa's content. She is creating it for a fundy audience, where babies are supreme. But the internet is full of cute babies. She doesn't realize that while Maci is a beautiful baby, not everyone thinks she is as fascinating as her mom does. Constant pictures of Maci on instagram is just as boring as a proud parent showing off pictures in the office.

Yeah, she would be better to focus on the older girls tbh. Her q&a session with Allie was actually really cute and my daughter made me play it twice. Carlin has a lot of Layla but Layla is old enough to interact and it's not just Carlin telling us how cute Layla is, it's Carlin interacting with her and with the audience. Carlin and Josie both do the mom blogger content between than Alyssa.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yeah, she would be better to focus on the older girls tbh. Her q&a session with Allie was actually really cute and my daughter made me play it twice. Carlin has a lot of Layla but Layla is old enough to interact and it's not just Carlin telling us how cute Layla is, it's Carlin interacting with her and with the audience. Carlin and Josie both do the mom blogger content between than Alyssa.

First of all, I would prefer if Alyssa generated content without her kids, who both have to perform and probably aren't compensated. 

Secondly, Allie is exploited enough as a sistermom.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

First of all, I would prefer if Alyssa generated content without her kids, who both have to perform and probably aren't compensated. 

I mean, this is true but she's exploiting Maci and I was just responding to the comment about her content. The older girls are more interesting than the baby. If she is trying for the mommy blogger life then she is doing it wrong. 

I agree she is exploiting her kids (they all do) but Allie and Lexi are at an age where they probably do enjoy it to an extent. They don'5 better and probably think it is fun. My kids greatest wish in life is for us to get a YOuTube channel. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I agree,and I'd never make my kids perform for the camera. You can tell when kids are expected to perform, because there is one constant phrase that is used. I've seen it since the Duggars.

"Are you excited?"

"Are you excited we are going to Granny's?" "Are you excited you're going to ride on airplane?" "Are you excited about your new bath toys?"

"Are you excited?" is code for "please perform for the camera." I've also seen it used by reluctant adults who find themselves expected to perform. "I'm so excited about the wedding," for example. That's code for, "I'm shy, my emotions are my own business, but I need (or my parent/friends/family needs) the internet money."

Alyssa's kinda unsophisticated, so she sticks the camera in her kids' faces. If you must exploit your kids, at least do it like Jessa Duggar does. First of all, she does't film them every day. Secondly, she usually has them busy doing something, so they don't notice the camera. Making a smoothie, trying on a new dress, taking a walk, riding a bike. It makes for much better content. Nonetheless, once kids hit about 7, they start to notice when they are being filmed, and most of them clam up as a result (some will clown around in a way that is pretty boring to everyone but their parents).

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean, this is true but she's exploiting Maci and I was just responding to the comment about her content. The older girls are more interesting than the baby. If she is trying for the mommy blogger life then she is doing it wrong. 

I agree she is exploiting her kids (they all do) but Allie and Lexi are at an age where they probably do enjoy it to an extent. They don'5 better and probably think it is fun. My kids greatest wish in life is for us to get a YOuTube channel. 

My fifth grader  dreams of becoming a YouTuber.  He would be thrilled if we created a channel.  Instead he shares and ipad with me and has limited screen time.  Though he created a cardboard ipad and pretends to film himself.  :)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, Jewels64 said:

My fifth grader  dreams of becoming a YouTuber.  He would be thrilled if we created a channel.  Instead he shares and ipad with me and has limited screen time.  Though he created a cardboard ipad and pretends to film himself.  :)

Some outgoing kids love this sort of thing. I suspect they'd rather have their own channel than being part of their mom's, though!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

...once kids hit about 7, they start to notice when they are being filmed, and most of them clam up as a result (some will clown around in a way that is pretty boring to everyone but their parents).

Wasn't it Kathy Lee Gifford that used to talk about every tiny thing her kids said or did?  Then one day she announced that her oldest child had become aware of her oversharing and asked her to stop it?  If I'm remembering it right, she did back off considerably after that.

• Upvote 10

I over-shared pics of my kids on fb in the early days of its existence. When the oldest was 13 we let her have an account and she was mortified how many photos I had of her. I realized I loathed pics of myself that people would try and post, and it was so hypocritical to do it to my kids when they had no say. So now, I ask before sharing anything with anyone. I quit fb but still have instagram and sometimes send pics to family members. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I think the main problem with Alyssa is that she posts waaaay too often. It's ok to post pics of your cute kids and all but 12 stories in 24 hours??!!! No one is that interesting.

She should choose more carefully what she shares and when because this just makes her seem obsessed with social media and desperate for attention. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I think the main problem with Alyssa is that she posts waaaay too often. It's ok to post pics of your cute kids and all but 12 stories in 24 hours??!!! No one is that interesting.

No one is, but a lot of people post that much…if not more. It’s the life of an influencer. Did you watch “Married At First Sight”? Jamie from season 1 posts constantly…she’s attempting to take social media breaks on the weekends for her marital/mental health, but seems to be having a hard time with it. I think some people start out attempting to be influencers, but they get addicted to sharing and stop knowing how to live in the moment without recording it. 
Kimmy Houghton, Turtle Creek Lane, My Baby Dolls, The Bucket List Family, etc. they’re just a drop in the bucket and but they all have thousands of people who like to see what they do all day. I admit, it amuses me to check in on influencers, while also having no desire for the whole world to know what I’m doing constantly.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JuanitaBanana said:

She should choose more carefully what she shares and when because this just makes her seem obsessed with social media and desperate for attention. 

She's going for quantity over quality. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

No one is, but a lot of people post that much…if not more. It’s the life of an influencer. Did you watch “Married At First Sight”? Jamie from season 1 posts constantly…she’s attempting to take social media breaks on the weekends for her marital/mental health, but seems to be having a hard time with it. I think some people start out attempting to be influencers, but they get addicted to sharing and stop knowing how to live in the moment without recording it. 
Kimmy Houghton, Turtle Creek Lane, My Baby Dolls, The Bucket List Family, etc. they’re just a drop in the bucket and but they all have thousands of people who like to see what they do all day. I admit, it amuses me to check in on influencers, while also having no desire for the whole world to know what I’m doing constantly.

I know that influencers post a lot but they dont post the same thing over and over again. Alyssa posts the same boring stuff every day. Pictures of Maci's outfit, Maci eating solids, Alyssa carrying Maci...

If she wants to be an influencer and share every moment of her life  then she's going to have to start doing more interesting stuff. Oh and based on the stories she posted today, being funny is not her thing either.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

She's going for quantity over quality. 

And that statement right there captures the evil root of the ALL the Bateses’ and Duggars’ issues. They have made money off of quantity and nothing more; essentially monetized irresponsible procreation. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

So in today’s stories she is sitting in the classroom while the girls finish up. She has errands to run and a workout to do. You can almost hear her drumming her fingers on the table. Does she not see how horrible and disengaged she looks. 

Also, has Alyssa ever been so enamored with a baby? She realllly dotes on her little click bait, money maker-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Per her stories today, Alyssa took the girls to the chiropractor. Lexi and Zoey got adjusted.

wtf kids need with that i don't know 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

wtf kids need with that i don't know 

I thought the same thing, but then I figured, if those kids spend half of each day glued to their screens for "school", it wouldn't surprise me if they have back pain already.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I thought the same thing, but then I figured, if those kids spend half of each day glued to their screens for "school", it wouldn't surprise me if they have back pain already.

Tru dat I had not thought of that 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic