IGNORED

Alyssa & John 9: It’s All About Dressing Up and Looking Perfect on Instagram

nelliebelle1197

7 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Lol thanks guys,  though I'm now 2 days past due date and still hear looking at all these stupid fundies popping out their endless babies. I remember knowing Whit/Tori/Josie were all due at the same time with Josie an almost identical date, and here they've now all had their babies and I'm still here. Seeing the babies having issues certainly adds some anxiety. Unlike them though, excited to close this womb right on up afterwards.

And not gonna lie, a poop sounds great and cant wait for the constipation struggles to subside post baby!

I feel you! The last month of pregnancy is 2 years long, and every day overdue is another month extra. Hoping baby comes safely and soon!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

@freethemall hang on in there! I remember being so desperate to Not Be Pregnant Anymore with one of mine who was overdue that I tried so many old wives' tales, including the one about pineapple getting labour going. I ate a whole pineapple: it took me about an hour, and I just remember sitting at the table, sobbing, as I shoved underripe pineapple chunks into my face. It didn't work, and I haven't touched pineapple for nearly 7 years now ?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 31

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Lol thanks guys,  though I'm now 2 days past due date and still hear looking at all these stupid fundies popping out their endless babies. I remember knowing Whit/Tori/Josie were all due at the same time with Josie an almost identical date, and here they've now all had their babies and I'm still here. Seeing the babies having issues certainly adds some anxiety. Unlike them though, excited to close this womb right on up afterwards.

And not gonna lie, a poop sounds great and cant wait for the constipation struggles to subside post baby!

When I was in my very long labor with my first, I was completely cleaned out. I was constipated during pregnancy too. But when I was in labor, I pooped and pooped and pooped. I had nothing left by the time I went to the hospital to give birth. I was positive I wouldn’t poop while giving birth because I was empty. So if you suddenly are pooping a lot, know you are close!

I was overdue and I’m convinced the stress of having a new roof being put on our house put me into labor. Listening to the pounding was horrible and I know that’s why I went into labor. At least the roofers couldn’t hear me moaning inside the house because they were being so damn loud. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I'm 32 weeks and was happy to hear from my OB that the science (mostly thanks to the ARRIVE study) seems to show these days that it's not advised to go over 41 weeks due to risk of stillbirth and c-section, so mercifully there's an end date to being overdue. I already think the entire third trimester lasts eons and can't wait for it to be over.

This pregnancy has given me new insight into how utterly insane and misogynistic quiverfull fundies are. I can't think of anything worse than being perma-pregnant.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I think its interesting to see who doesn't visit Alyssa.  Katie and Carlin are there a TON.  She had Addie and Ellie to help her recently.  But I can't recall Erin ever being there. Or Michaella.  Or Tori. 

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think its interesting to see who doesn't visit Alyssa.  Katie and Carlin are there a TON.  She had Addie and Ellie to help her recently.  But I can't recall Erin ever being there. Or Michaella.  Or Tori. 

The middle boys visit her sometimes. She seems to adore one of them (the boy who recently graduated, I don't know the names). Addie and Ellie are there just no help. Alyssa tried to make it look as they were friends, but they were lost girls until they were useful!

Erin visited Alyssa once or twice. To be fair, Erin, Tori and Michaela don't spend a lot in trips. Erin goes to the nearest beach every other year and Tori and Michaela do not use to travel. So apart from being more o less friendly or similar to Alyssa, Katie and Carlin have more "posh" lives, so it is normal they go to Florida a lot.

My surprise is that Josie, who was close to Alyssa and travels several times a year, does not go to Florida.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

The middle boys visit her sometimes. She seems to adore one of them (the boy who recently graduated, I don't know the names). Addie and Ellie are there just no help. Alyssa tried to make it look as they were friends, but they were lost girls until they were useful!

Erin visited Alyssa once or twice. To be fair, Erin, Tori and Michaela don't spend a lot in trips. Erin goes to the nearest beach every other year and Tori and Michaela do not use to travel. So apart from being more o less friendly or similar to Alyssa, Katie and Carlin have more "posh" lives, so it is normal they go to Florida a lot.

My surprise is that Josie, who was close to Alyssa and travels several times a year, does not go to Florida.

It imagine Tori and Bobby visit his family at least occasionally, and they live like an hour from Alyssa. Tori rarely posts on social media, but I can't remember Alyssa ever mentioning seeing Tori, even just meeting up for an afternoon while Tori was visiting her in laws. 

• Upvote 5

Was Josie visiting back then because she was close to Alyssa?  or was she visiting back then along with Tori because of the proximity to PCC so she could see Kelton (and Bobby)?

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Was Josie visiting back then because she was close to Alyssa?  or was she visiting back then along with Tori because of the proximity to PCC so she could see Kelton (and Bobby)?

I think Josie and Katie visited Alyssa at least once when Josie was pregnant with Willow. I'm not sure why I remember that, but I have an image in my head of them in a store trying on hats or something and Josie is very pregnant. But I could have dreamt that. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Katie isn't married yet and Carlin has one baby who seems pretty easy (my first was like that, could take him anywhere) so it is probably a lot easier for them than to travel than Tori or Erin. But I also can't see either of them having much in common with Alyssa.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

Orlando is a good 6+ hour drive from Pensacola. I can’t imagine deciding to drive an extra 12 hours to visit a sister when you could spend that time with your boyfriend instead.

• Upvote 7

SOTDRT strikes again. 

1) You can’t draw a photo. You draw a picture. 
2) It is Maci and I, not Me and Maci. 

Just go back to school. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Maybe it's because its not my first language, but I would definitely say me and..

Probably would use it the other way around, Maci and me will be watching, instead of we will be watching, but I never considered this grammatically wrong. Maybe someone can enlighten me why it is? (genuinely interested)

the drawing a photo part is just plain stupid though :D

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Maybe it's because its not my first language, but I would definitely say me and..

Probably would use it the other way around, Maci and me will be watching, instead of we will be watching, but I never considered this grammatically wrong. Maybe someone can enlighten me why it is? (genuinely interested)

The easiest way to tell is to take the other person’s name out of the sentence, and in this case it would then say “me will be watching.” 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 5

Aaah ok, yeah, like that it makes sense.. you could translate into other languages, but I feel like english in some ways is just so different to the other languages I speak, in a way that the stem of the verb barely changes, that I am never sure wheter there's not other things that are different either.

I also never liked learning grammar, I use it very instinctively, especially when it comes to english.. has worked so far.. :D

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I and me are both pronouns that refer to yourself. I is used when the person (you) is the subject of the sentence. I am going to the store with Ben. 

Me is used when the person (you) is an object of the sentence. Ben went to the store with me. 

So in this case Alyssa said Me and Maci will be watching. To figure out if she should have used I or me, you drop the and Maci. Me will be watching (wrong). I will be watching (right). Or in the words of my favorite writing professor - when in doubt change the sentence. We will be watching would be right and you don't have to test it. 

I currently am fluent in five languages with English being the first. However, I still have to stop and consider it when I am talking about myself and another person. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

Unrelated to the grammar, I was also taught to name myself last in the list of participants. My mother wasn’t even strict about manners aside from “please, thank you and excuse me” so I am surprised that someone raised with that horrendous j.o.y shit would list herself first. 

For those who don’t know, j.o.y stands for “Jesus first, others next, yourself last” ?

Edited by Mrs Ms
Explaining j.o.y
  • Upvote 4

I was taught to name myself last too. Especially when signing cards for some unknown reason. I still stumble with this when signing cards from me and my five year old, it feels wrong to list her first as I am the adult and it feels “vain” not too. Odd 

• Upvote 5

haha, yeah, definitely, thats what I meant when I said I would do it the other way around. I just didn't put it quite as eloquently as you guys did.

I'll remember that now. Thanks for the grammar lesson, you never stop learning here (if you are interested in learning, that is..)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, SeekingAdventure said:

I also never liked learning grammar, I use it very instinctively, especially when it comes to english.. has worked so far.. :D

Formal English can be weird and challenging. As long as you are communicating effectively you are doing fine. Everyone understands Alyssa's intent with "me and Maci..." and all the other grammatically 'incorrect' ways of communicating. No one here is writing a treatise; Alyssa is not writing a college admission essay; all the grammar mistakes made by SODRT fundies are also made by HS and college graduates. Formal writing is a different matter, especially for people who write professionally or are applying for certain jobs. But for everyday communication and social media grammatical differences are just fine.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

This is kind of weird to say, but I watched their latest vlog and I have butt envy - Alyssa has a great butt! So does Carlin! Haha! They are blessed!

I say this as someone who had an ok butt from working out and doing many squats, but I don't have time for that with kids... so I'm feeling a little lacking in that department these days ;)

• Upvote 1

Alyssa loves the snack muffin trays, as do I. I am going to post hers compared to one of mine and Alyssa if you read here, might I offer some suggestions?

- ditch the white bread, replace with either a healthier bread or I'll use crackers (sometimes 2-3 types for variety, or even peanut butter crackers) or rice cakes, I've also done little grilled cheese bites. But also just white bread in general.

- it may look like we also have chips and cheetos on ours, those are actually veggie chips and chickpea puffs. There are so many healthier easy snacks than cheetos.

- slice up the damn grapes, your littlest ones could choke!

- good job on the strawberries! See, I can say something nice too.

- other ideas: nuts, veggies, popcorn, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, lots of other stuff. Muffin tin snack trays are great!

Screenshot_20210702-201343_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-201845_Photos.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

I’ll give her huge credit for that. Yes, the grapes should be sliced but she has grapes, strawberries and I think pear slices which are all healthy. I’m not going to snark on the white bread because some people just prefer the taste. My 18 month old likes homemade French bread, Ciabatta, pita and rosemary bread. She does not like multigrain bread at all and won’t eat it. 
If the kiddos eat some cheezies as a treat after their healthies, I don’t have a huge problem with that. It was 36 C yesterday and I don’t have air conditioning. My toddler ate tuna, pita, carrots, blueberries, and unsweetened apple peach sauce. We had lunch at a park and I let her try her very first popsicle on the way home. Total junk but she was hot and sweaty. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, Dominionatrix said:

Bless her heart

7338E751-AF88-4828-A157-1A2106B47C63.png

This is actually embarrassing.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Alyssa loves the snack muffin trays, as do I. I am going to post hers compared to one of mine and Alyssa if you read here, might I offer some suggestions?

- ditch the white bread, replace with either a healthier bread or I'll use crackers (sometimes 2-3 types for variety, or even peanut butter crackers) or rice cakes, I've also done little grilled cheese bites. But also just white bread in general.

- it may look like we also have chips and cheetos on ours, those are actually veggie chips and chickpea puffs. There are so many healthier easy snacks than cheetos.

- slice up the damn grapes, your littlest ones could choke!

- good job on the strawberries! See, I can say something nice too.

- other ideas: nuts, veggies, popcorn, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, lots of other stuff. Muffin tin snack trays are great!

Screenshot_20210702-201343_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-201845_Photos.jpg

DID YOU HAVE THE BABY?

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic