IGNORED

US House Of Representatives 3: The Dems Govern While The GQPers Genuflect To The Former Guy

GreyhoundFan

Translation: she figured out that he's an asshole

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) announced on Wednesday that he and his wife will be getting divorced after having been married for the past eight months.

In a statement released by Cawthorn's office, the freshman congressman explained why he and his wife decided to separate.

"When my wife Cristina and I were engaged, I was not a member of Congress, I felt called to serve and we both agreed that I should run," he began. "Overnight our lives changed. That change has been both hectic and difficult, it's neither the pace nor the lifestyle we had planned for."

Cawthorn added that while the couple "committed to make things work," in the end they "realized that balance was not attainable, and that we had irreconcilable differences between us."

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

I call bullshit on his statement. If their relationship withstood the stress of campaigning then it could withstand the stress of the job. Eight months is hardly giving it the ol’ college try (see what I did there?) to make it work. Wasn’t he just praising the merits of marrying young and ditching college? He had to know this divorce was coming while making that statement. I genuinely hope anyone who thought about following that advice is having a very real wake up call. @Cartmann99, I believe you have the answer. I suspect MadThorny crossed a line (or has crossed many). Perhaps she got out by herself or perhaps she has someone(s) in her life who helped her but yes, I think something happened and she is the one who is breaking it off. 

Or- maybe she know the Jan. 6 committee  is about to uncover or reveal something.  Maybe she’s jumping off the ship before it sinks! (Do we dare hope?) 

@Becky, yes he is a huge hypocrite in this and many other ways. Love your avatar! 

• Upvote 13

So here is my theory.

I count Madison as being basically just another homeschooling Fundy who we follow here. I think that he used all of the appropriate buzzwords while he was dating her the conservative, the submissive wife, all of that funding nonsense and she had 8 months of living it and decided that was not what she signed up for. I wouldn't be surprised if he did double down on the submissiveness when she was married.

• Upvote 8

This is in southeast Iowa

Iowa’s 2nd congressional district has the dubious distinction of having the second-most structurally deficient bridges in the country. So, it struck some Iowans as strange when the district’s Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks voted against a bill that would pour more than $100 million in federal money to repair and replace bridges into southwest Iowa.

Miller-Meeks objected to majority Democrats’ handling of the bill, a common refrain from the minority that overwhelmingly opposed it. If anyone in Iowa was surprised that the Republican would oppose money for a glaring local priority, few in Washington were.

Yeah you'd think Miller-Meeks would want to see Iowa bridges getting attention but since she worships at the altar of the orange fuckstick of course she doesn't want to support BBB.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

This is in southeast Iowa

Yeah you'd think Miller-Meeks would want to see Iowa bridges getting attention but since she worships at the altar of the orange fuckstick of course she doesn't want to support BBB.

Seriously, vote these morons out. Or, if there is a serious incident involving the bridge's structural deficiency (hope not) her political opponents (R and D) need to highlight her vote and hold her directly accountable in every single ad.

• Upvote 8

19 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Seriously, vote these morons out. Or, if there is a serious incident involving the bridge's structural deficiency (hope not) her political opponents (R and D) need to highlight her vote and hold her directly accountable in every single ad.

I hope whoever faces her next year does just that and calls her out for her fuck face worship, along with how she puts the GQP ahead of the people of Iowa all the fucking time. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Someone should be taking a closer look at Cawthorn and his soon-to-be ex. The story of how they met is pretty fishy. 🤔

Edited by Cartmann99
  • I Agree 7

So- Mad fell into a honey pot?  This is what happens when you don't let your homeskoolers watch "Archer"!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

So- Mad fell into a honey pot?  This is what happens when you don't let your homeskoolers watch "Archer"!

I really wish his last name was spelled Cowthorn so we could call him MadCow.

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I really wish his last name was spelled Cowthorn so we could call him MadCow.

Please tell me that when he posts his fits on social media, people do their best imitation of his douchebro self and flood his feed with “U MAD bro?” memes and gifs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I'm putting this here since Gosar's currently in Congress. McCarthy is running for Congress in New York state.

Spoiler

image.png.29ffb0b1ecbc4940630395bc1c7b5c25.png

image.png.8d52fd719bff80e9fd0e0c7f62bf4cf3.png

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm putting this here since Gosar's currently in Congress. McCarthy is running for Congress in New York state.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.29ffb0b1ecbc4940630395bc1c7b5c25.png

image.png.8d52fd719bff80e9fd0e0c7f62bf4cf3.png

So presumably in his "giving American workers a leg up" he supports raising minimum wage to a liveable level, universal health care and legislation protecting workers from unfair dismissal then? No? What a surprise...

• Upvote 7

I'm screenshotting this because his source is Breitbart.

image.png.4f7d19ac306077357eb2dfb6ca64390b.png

I posted a tweet in the Faux thread earlier this week where Congressman Jim Banks goes after Pelosi about Capitol security on Laura Ingraham's show. Talking points have been dispersed.

• Thank You 5

Sure, Bobo, Rachel, who was a Rhodes Scholar, is afraid of debating D-student dropout Madison. I totally believe that. /s

image.png.233ff3973669f65cd90d792d8f80a9e6.png

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sure, Bobo, Rachel, who was a Rhodes Scholar, is afraid of debating D-student dropout Madison. I totally believe that. /s

image.png.233ff3973669f65cd90d792d8f80a9e6.png

Did this thought just come out of thin air or was there some sort of challenge from Mad and Rachel Maddow declined?  

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Did this thought just come out of thin air or was there some sort of challenge from Mad and Rachel Maddow declined?  

I believe one of his staffers reached out to Rachel's show and wanted to go on and the show representatives indicated they weren't interested.

• Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I believe one of his staffers reached out to Rachel's show and wanted to go on and the show representatives indicated they weren't interested.

Thanks.  I was trying to figure out if LBo had some kind of fever dream or if there was some kind of basis for her stupid tweet.  While I commend Rachel Maddow for not bothering to waste her time with MadCaw, it would be very enjoyable to watch her give him a go.  She'd take him apart easier than a guy with gloves punching a dead, rotting skinny tree!

• I Agree 6

Maddie is displaying his stupidity in an effort to be seen as important:

I'd love to see Rachel Maddow wipe the floor with him. Of course, it wouldn't be fair for her to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic