IGNORED

US House Of Representatives 3: The Dems Govern While The GQPers Genuflect To The Former Guy

GreyhoundFan

@thoughtful, I can't help but chuckle at the thoughts in his head being all, "oooh man, you are so cool and clever! You're TOTALLY making it look like the ebil libruls are druggies and whores!  HAHAHAHA!" only to pick up his phone after the interview was released and find a bunch of texts from Mitch, Lindsay, Josh, Jym, Susan, and the rest of the gang flipping losing their minds because they, like us, right away realized he was only implicating his own party.  Right about now Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney are probably feeling pretty damn good about distancing themselves from the likes of Maddy. 

• Upvote 6

Yeah, I want Madison Cawthorn to name names.  Then pass the brain bleach. :brainbleach:

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

Yeah, I want Madison Cawthorn to name names.  Then pass the brain bleach. :brainbleach:

He can't because he wasn't invited.  Probably they were trying to have some sort of political strategy meeting and they didn't want to include Maddie so they told him it was an orgy, thinking he'd pass on that.  😆

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Xan said:

He can't because he wasn't invited.  Probably they were trying to have some sort of political strategy meeting and they didn't want to include Maddie so they told him it was an orgy, thinking he'd pass on that.  😆

I can't decide if I really, really want you to be right or really, really want you to be wrong.  But man, if Olivia Beavers' sources are accurate, time had to be taken out of actual Congressional business in order to address Maddy's dumbass comments.  Even if what he said had a smidge of truth (or a whole mountain of truth) he should have known to keep his mouth shut.  But hey, the right has been driving the dumbing down of America train, insisting that the "elite" who try to get educated (whether through formal education or self-education through seeking out credible knowledge) are evil and trying to somehow ruin America so now they are reaping the consequences.  They embraced the ongoing race to the bottom and are now having to deal with a bottom feeder who would be outwitted by a catfish. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Zanona's a Capitol Hill reporter for CNN:

• Upvote 10

MC is clearly (still) not very savvy. The fact that conservative Christianity is bound up so deeply in Trumpism now should make for some interesting interactions and revelations in the coming years. 

I imagine, as more sheltered and undereducated homeschoolers potentially rise in the GQP, they’ll be honestly shocked by some of the behaviors they witness (or the behaviors they imagine are going on when they aren’t around…) and they won’t necessarily know when to keep their mouths shut. 

Maybe it’ll at least be amusing?

I have to find amusement where I can… The recent NC redistricting had him planning to run in a different district, but no! he’s staying in my district and he’s probably going to win despite everyone’s best efforts 😭 I’m unaffiliated so will probably vote against him in the Republican primary and then for the Dem in the regular election, but other than Asheville, it’s mostly red around here. 

• Upvote 8

On 3/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Did Maddy just tattle on his fellow R's?  He said it's people he admires and respects and he's been very clear about how he feels about the D's.  Sounds to me like Little MadCaw just exposed the corruption and hypocrisy amongst his own party!

Sounds like Matt Gaetz' prenuptial lifestyle.

• Haha 7

20 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Well I don’t wanna know if the two SOTU hecklers were at any of those parties.  As a mater of fact I thiink I’m gonna dip my head in a vat of brain bleach.  

• Haha 5

Rep. Pete Sessions Agrees That the ‘Democrat Party Embraces Racism Against White People’

GOP Rep. Pete Sessions of Texas appeared Monday on “The Stew Peters Show,” where he agreed with Peters’ assertion that the “Democrat Party embraces racism against white people.”

“We’re being attacked at our southern border,” Peters said. “And they don’t want to talk about this because the great replacement is real. White Christian Americans, America First patriots, people who believe in conservative core values, they want them out and replaced. … The Democrat Party claims to be anti-discrimination, yet they want more and more discrimination against certain groups all the time. Are you willing to say that the modern Democrat Party embraces racism against white people?

“Well, I don’t think there’s any question that they are pushing not just the narrative but the answers that would be exactly to that point,” Sessions replied. “When you look at the things which this Congress does, the conversation, when you look at the committee hearings, the outright lies that are being told about creation of wealth in this country, who is doing the things that are good for everybody, they’re attempting to throw that back. Not just on bankers, not just on the energy sector, not just on education, they are trying to throw this entire matter back.”

Sessions went on to complain about an unnamed “white student” who is captain of the football team and “scored a perfect score of 36 on his SAT” and has been deferred by every Ivy League school to which he has applied.

“He’s being deferred by every single one of these schools.” Sessions griped. “And it makes you wonder whether education has caught on also on being woke.”

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5

28 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Captain of the football team and perfect 36 on his SAT but deferred from every Ivy League school?  Absolute horseshit unless there is something not being disclosed.  What's his GPA? Is that football team ranked very low in the nation and does it have a seriously losing record?  Has he engaged in conduct that makes him a risk to the schools or perhaps even have criminal convictions that make him an unsavory candidate?  Give up his name, Jeff, because I bet he would be happy to be the reigning "victim" and embarrass the schools into accepting him.  Or maybe he just doesn't exist and you totally made him up. 

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Captain of the football team and perfect 36 on his SAT but deferred from every Ivy League school?  Absolute horseshit unless there is something not being disclosed.

My grandson just took his SATs.  The perfect score is 1600.  If this kid made a 36, I can understand why no school wants him.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

So, I'm reading posts about Madison Cawthornintheside and all of the orgy talk, and then I get to this:

“We’re being attacked at our southern border,”

And out comes that inner 12-year-old again.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

So, I'm reading posts about Madison Cawthornintheside and all of the orgy talk, and then I get to this:

If MC Qammer starts naming names and those people named start claiming it wasn’t them but a reptilian “critter” with a posse of gargoyles, we are all going to owe Sharon Gilbert an apology. 

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

If MC Qammer starts naming names and those people named start claiming it wasn’t them but a reptilian “critter” with a posse of gargoyles, we are all going to owe Sharon Gilbert an apology. 

Updated: Supposedly McCarthy got him to admit he lied. Funny how none of them were upset when he claimed Nancy Pelosi was an alcoholic when reports are she doesn’t drink alcohol at all. None of them seem to care about Loud Marge or LBo lying. Where was all the pearl clutching over Trump’s lies (even about fellow party members?) I guess it only matters when the allegations involve sexual conduct they fear would upset their voters and rails of blow. They seem to forget those same voters turn a blind eye to proven adultery on the part of their orange idol and evidence of substance abuse among members of his family and circle of close supporters. 
https://www.axios.com/cawthorn-mccarthy-orgy-cocaine-exaggerated-e801218d-aa88-4f15-8925-204348711ba0.html

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

NC GQP members may have had enough of Maddy

Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina is throwing his weight behind a primary opponent to freshman Rep. Madison Cawthorn -- an extraordinary broadside against a fellow Republican from his home state, as internal frustration with the controversial MAGA firebrand reaches a boiling point.

"It comes down to focus on the district, producing results for the district, and in my opinion, Mr. Cawthorn hasn't demonstrated much in the way of results over the last 18 months," Tillis told CNN, describing why he is backing state Sen. Chuck Edwards in his primary against Cawthorn.

And Tillis may not be alone. Other GOP lawmakers who are at their wits' end with Cawthorn are considering endorsing one of his primary foes, according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions, amid growing concerns that the North Carolina Republican is dragging down the entire party with his problematic behavior. The two most powerful North Carolina Republicans in the state legislature -- Senate leader Phil Berger and House speaker Tim Moore -- are headlining a fundraiser for Edwards on Thursday, according to the Edwards campaign.

It's the latest sign of turmoil for the 26-year-old, who has angered and annoyed a wide swath of his colleagues with a steady stream of controversial antics and attempts to play political kingmaker in North Carolina and beyond. Most recently, Cawthorn sparked an uproar after claiming on a podcast that people in Washington have invited him to participate in orgies and used cocaine in front of him. Even fellow members of the House Freedom Caucus, a far-right crew with a penchant for controversy, have turned on Cawthorn: They've floated the idea of kicking him out of the group if he didn't clarify his wild accusations, according to GOP sources, though such a step seems unlikely.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

20 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

NC GQP members may have had enough of Maddy

I hope to Rufus that’s enough to unseat him.

All he does is lie, speed while driving with a suspended license, bring weapons into places he shouldn’t have them, and lie some more while thinking his homeschooled ass should have any say about local public school policy when he’s also unlikely to ever send any of his future children to public school and doesn’t even bother to respect the rules.

I don’t think he’s chaotic enough to cause any real damage to the GQP, so I’d really like for him to fade away into the background ASAP. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I hope to Rufus that’s enough to unseat him.

All he does is lie, speed while driving with a suspended license, bring weapons into places he shouldn’t have them, and lie some more while thinking his homeschooled ass should have any say about local public school policy when he’s also unlikely to ever send any of his future children to public school and doesn’t even bother to respect the rules.

I don’t think he’s chaotic enough to cause any real damage to the GQP, so I’d really like for him to fade away into the background ASAP. 

Thing is though there are five people seeking to primary Mattie.  Unless they all coalesce around one candidate it's likely to split the vote to the point that Mattie will get enough votes to hold on for the general election.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, thoughtful said:

:worship:

20 hours ago, Xan said:

My grandson just took his SATs.  The perfect score is 1600.  If this kid made a 36, I can understand why no school wants him.

Good catch!

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Thing is though there are five people seeking to primary Mattie.  Unless they all coalesce around one candidate it's likely to split the vote to the point that Mattie will get enough votes to hold on for the general election.

Please, please, please! :pray:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I have a feeling that even if they primary him he won't stop being a problem. He is making damaging claims about his fellow Republicans now,  what is he going to do when they shove him out of the group?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah…. perhaps I should go to the local progressive groups and encourage everyone unaffiliated to vote in the Republican primary for the most promising candidate that we can agree upon. None of them sound great from the little I’ve been reading, but almost anyone else would be an improvement, and if we can get organized then maybe we can have a decent influence on the percentages.

If no candidate gets at least 30% then there’ll be a second primary. That might be the best initial outcome to work towards.

The primary date is on my calendar with a ridiculous number of reminders so I won’t forget to vote!

• Upvote 2

From Raw Story:  "On Thursday, Lauren Witzke, the far-right former Republican Senate nominee for Delaware, claimed on The Stew Peters Show that Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) "exposed" the GOP as child traffickers with his recent assertion that Republican members of Congress engage in drug-fueled orgies — an unsubstantiated claim that has gotten him broadly disowned by many Republican officials in his state."  And:  "Yes," said Witzke. "And not only that, now [House Minority Leader Kevin] McCarthy's getting involved. He heard about it. It sparked some outrage. It's upset some people in the GOP that Madison Cawthorn would have the audacity to expose them for the orgy-attending, drug-sniffing, children-raping people that they are."

I do hope that a few more Q-heads jump on the "Republicans have cocaine orgies" bandwagon.  I'm just gonna be over here with a bowl of popcorn...

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

And punch trees - don't forget, he punches trees:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic