IGNORED

US House Of Representatives 3: The Dems Govern While The GQPers Genuflect To The Former Guy

GreyhoundFan

46 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

BarbieQ is one of the dumbest people around. That's saying something, considering she hangs out with the likes of Gohmert.

Does she actually think we have ROYALTY in our government??  I mean, there was kinda a whole statement- one might even say a declaration about not being under royal rule and sort of a war over it and all.  LBo really is such an embarrassment to GED holders everywhere.

• Upvote 6

On 3/2/2022 at 9:00 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

“Also, my rambling nonsense is in NO WAY related to my stupidity OR any attempt to try to keep attention away from my short-lived marriage to a Russian honeypot.”

So Cawthorn thinks that the people who generally support forgiving student loan debt and making college free or affordable are the ones trying to get everyone into major student loan debt. Got it. 

7 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Does she actually think we have ROYALTY in our government??  I mean, there was kinda a whole statement- one might even say a declaration about not being under royal rule and sort of a war over it and all.  LBo really is such an embarrassment to GED holders everywhere.

I've seen two possible explanations for BoBo's "Prince John" thing.

1 - She meant Prince John, the villain from Disney's animated Robin Hood, but couldn't remember "Robin Hood".

2 - "Prince John" is a Q reference regarding John F. or John Jr. Kennedy. 

I personally think it's option 1, because she's just that dumb, and because it seems she and the Qs would love for one of the JFKs to really be in charge. Despite the fact that they would certainly do the exact opposite of what the Republican Q crazies want.

• Upvote 8

Maddie Cawthorn got another ticket!  He's gotten a couple of speeding tickets lately and the latest one was for driving without a license.  His court date is 5/06/22. 

From WLOS: 

On Monday, Oct. 18, 2021, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol says just before 1 p.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop involving a white 2009 Dodge passenger vehicle for a speed violation on I-40 near mile marker 59 in Buncombe County. The driver, identified as David Madison Cawthorn, 26, was charged on a citation for traveling 89-mph in a 65-mph zone and was given a court date of Jan. 4, 2022, in Buncombe County District Court.

A few months later, on Saturday, Jan. 8, just before 6:30 p.m., troopers again stopped a 2009 Dodge passenger vehicle for a speeding violation, this time on US 74 in Polk County. The driver, Cawthorn, was charged with speeding 87-mph in a 70-mph zone and was given a court date of Monday, April 18 in Columbus.

Nearly two months later, Cawthorn was again pulled over, this time on Thursday, March 3 at approximately 10:30 p.m., this time in a 2019 Toyota, for a left of center violation on US 74B in Cleveland County.

89 mph in a 65 mph zone?  Good grief.  I'm glad that they cited him and that they've taken his license.  He doesn't have the sense that God gave fish.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Maddie needs to shut the fuck up: "Rep. Madison Cawthorn calls Zelensky a ‘thug,’ says Ukrainian government is ‘incredibly evil’"

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) recently called Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky a “thug” and said the Ukrainian government is “incredibly evil,” in remarks that are at odds with the broad bipartisan support for Ukraine among American lawmakers and the public amid Russia’s invasion.

“Remember that Zelensky is a thug. Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt, and it is incredibly evil, and it has been pushing woke ideologies,” Cawthorn told supporters at a recent event in North Carolina, according to video published Thursday by Raleigh-based TV station WRAL.

Cawthorn, 26, is on his first term in the House and is a vocal supporter of former president Donald Trump, who has recently praised Russian President Vladimir Putin’s handling of the invasion as “genius” and “savvy.”

The congressman’s comments were first reported Wednesday night by Republican strategist Karl Rove in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.

Rove said Cawthorn had made the remarks Saturday at a town hall in Asheville, N.C. He said Cawthorn and a handful of other Republican candidates who are “echoing Mr. Trump’s isolationism, and Kremlin apologetics are out of sync with GOP voters.”

In a statement, Cawthorn spokesman Luke Ball said the lawmaker was referring to pro-Ukraine misinformation.

“The Congressman was expressing his displeasure at how foreign leaders, including Zelensky, had recently used false propaganda to entice America into becoming involved in an overseas conflict,” Ball said. “He supports Ukraine and the Ukrainian President’s efforts to defend their country against Russian aggression, but does not want America drawn into another conflict through emotional manipulation.”

He also pointed to a Twitter thread Thursday afternoon in which Cawthorn shared a link to a blog detailing some pro-Ukraine misinformation being spread online.

“The actions of Putin and Russia are disgusting. But leaders, including Zelensky, should NOT push misinformation on America,” Cawthorn said in a tweet. “I am praying for Ukraine and the Ukrainian people. Pray also we are not drawn into conflict based on foreign leaders pushing misinformation.”

Later Thursday afternoon, Cawthorn sent a tweet from his campaign account appearing to blame President Biden for Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

“It should shock no one that Putin wasn’t afraid of Sleepy Joe,” he said.

Democrats quickly seized on Cawthorn’s town hall comments, with the Democratic National Committee noting that “the overwhelming majority of the party sided with Trump when he tried to withhold military aid from Ukraine.”

“It’s only natural that a Republican Party led by Donald Trump, who regularly praises Vladimir Putin as a ‘genius’ and ‘savvy’ as he launches an unprovoked and unjustified war on the Ukrainian people, would evolve to attack the democratically elected president of Ukraine who has shown true heroism in the face of Russian aggression,” DNC spokesperson Ammar Moussa said in a statement.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee weighed in as well. “Putin Republican shows his true, disgusting colors. Another day, another anti-democracy tirade from the House GOP,” the House Democratic campaign arm said in a tweet.

Some Senate Republicans also criticized Cawthorn during a news conference Thursday, with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) calling him an outlier “in the largest sense possible on our side.” Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) called Putin “an actual murderous thug" and reminded Cawthorn that it was Russia who invaded Ukraine, not the other way around.

Cawthorn was also one of 15 House Republicans who voted this week against banning oil imports from Russia.

A Washington Post-ABC News poll last month showed a large and bipartisan majority of Americans supports economic sanctions on Russia for its military invasion of Ukraine. Members of both parties are relatively unified in their negative views of Russia as well. More than three-quarters of Democrats and Republicans regard Russia negatively, including 47 percent of Democrats and 40 percent of Republicans who view it as an “enemy,” the poll showed.

Zelensky in particular has drawn widespread praise from around the world for his resilience, determination and his fight for Ukraine’s sovereignty against the invading Russian forces. He received a standing ovation from the British Parliament on Tuesday when he addressed them virtually and praise from U.S. lawmakers who have described him as a hero.

Spokespeople for House Republican leaders — House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (La.) and Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (N.Y.) — did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Cawthorn’s remarks.

McCarthy and Stefanik, however, have been vocal about their support for Ukraine in recent days.

McCarthy on Wednesday said he doesn’t think “anything’s savvy or genius about Putin,” declining to echo Trump’s praise for the Russian leader. McCarthy also said he agrees with a statement last week by former vice president Mike Pence that there is no room in the Republican Party for “apologists for Putin.”

Stefanik, meanwhile, sent a video message of support to Zelensky and the Ukrainian people through her Twitter account on March 1.

“Your bravery, sacrifice and resistance against a gutless, bloodthirsty authoritarian dictator is a beacon of hope for freedom and democracy around the world,” Stefanik said in the video to Ukrainians.

She also noted that, as a senior member of the House Armed Services Committee, she led a bipartisan group of congressional members to Ukraine in 2018, where she “saw firsthand the importance of the security partnership between our two countries to counter Russian aggression, combat Vladimir Putin’s disinformation and defend democracy and freedom.”

“Never stop fighting for a sovereign self governing and free Ukraine,” Stefanik said.

Scalise has recently drawn criticism for attempting to reframe the relationship between Trump and Zelensky, in particular the phone call between the two that led to the former president’s first impeachment.

On Tuesday, Scalise was asked if he had new thoughts on Trump’s decision to withhold foreign aid from Ukraine in hopes that it would lure Zelensky into launching an investigation into Biden and his family. Scalise then said Zelensky called Trump “to thank him for the leadership that he provided.”

“In fact, when Zelensky got elected, he said he modeled his campaign after President Trump’s — and ultimately he got the relief money he was asking for,” Scalise said.

Zelensky did not call Trump to thank him for his leadership — it was Trump who called Zelensky to congratulate him for winning the election. Scalise also ignored the portion of the call in which Trump tied aid to Ukraine with efforts to affect Biden’s 2020 campaign.

• WTF 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Someone needs to do a side by side video of that jackass spewing that obnoxious speech and the one of him punching the dead tree. Make it go viral. 

Zelensky is trying to protect his country and its people from a predator. Woman on Cawthorne’s college campus were warned he was a predator after word got out about some of the encounters females had endured with him. Zelensky has won the admiration and respect of world leaders and average citizens all over the globe. Cawthorne earned the disdain of his best friend who heroically returned to a burning car to pull him to safety only to have a disgusting lie spread about him.  Zelensky ran on an anti-corruption campaign and refused to bow to Trump’s bullying even though it cost his country much needed money for security measures against aggression. Cawthorne advocates violence against certain citizens of the very country he swore an oath to uphold and protect.

Who’s the thug?  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Speaking of Cawthorne...

Hide contents

tumblr_muoq70aGQ91qjl1wro1_400.gif&f=1&n

Oh for the MST3K commentary on that clip! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Reps’ Punishment For Addressing A White Nationalist Conference? Talking To Kevin McCarthy

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) confirmed Wednesday that there would be no consequences for two sitting Republicans in the House who recently addressed a white nationalist conference. 

The only punishment for the two representatives, apparently, was a conversation with Kevin McCarthy.

In a press conference, McCarthy said he’d talked to Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R), who last month attended the America First Political Action Conference, which is run by Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist. Fuentes has said of segregation, “It was better for them, it’s better for us, it’s better in general,” among other, similar comments.

And… that’s it. “I’ve talked to her!” McCarthy told an inquiring reporter. 

McCarthy said he hadn’t spoken yet to the other member of his conference who addressed the event, Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ).

So, no repercussions for addressing white nationalist conference? “My conversations with my members are exactly that,” McCarthy said. 

The minority leader did say that Greene would not be attending the conference again — though one wonders how serious he is about enforcing that commitment, given that this was Rep. Paul Gosar’s (R-AZ) second year addressing the gathering. 

McCarthy also said he wouldn’t prevent either member from joining potentially powerful congressional committees if Republicans win the House majority in November. 

“They have the ability to be able to get committees, based upon that time when it comes,” McCarthy said. 

Greene — who unlike Gosar attended the event in person this year — has been essentially unapologetic about her appearance, saying at first that she didn’t know about Fuentes’ views. She then referred to AFPAC attendees — a group consisting of open racists and extremists — as “1,200 young conservatives who feel cast aside and marginalized by society” and “1,200 people gathered to declare that Christ is King.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

I guess the GQP doesn't want people to learn about the internment of American citizens during WWII because they probably think it's related to critical race theory.

image.png.c24e4af5d444fb56a43dabacb0f83c12.png

If you haven't seen it, George Takei's "Allegiance" movie and "They Called Us Enemy" graphic novel on the topic are excellent. 

• Thank You 9

On 3/9/2022 at 4:43 PM, Xan said:

89 mph in a 65 mph zone?  Good grief.  I'm glad that they cited him and that they've taken his license.  He doesn't have the sense that God gave fish.

I am not a fan of Cawthorn and he's a total moron, but I will say that I am not surprised by that speed. On my morning commute (to Charlotte, so in a different part of NC) that would be faster than the rest of the traffic, but not by much! I tend to try to keep up and be neither the fastest nor the slowest on the road, and 80 mph is around the average speed then. And that's NOT on the road where the exotic car owners like to run. 

I'm thinking for him to have been pulled over at those speeds, it's either at low traffic times, in an area where the officers have a quoto of tickets they are supposed to give... or the police are watching for him specifically!

• Upvote 3

I'm just ready to send that whole little MTG Bobert Cawthorne etc group to Russia along with Trump since all of them love Russia so much. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Before Trump, this information would have been the death knell of a politician’s career. Now, it is an endorsement in some (deranged and twisted) minds. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Before Trump, this information would have been the death knell of a politician’s career. Now, it is an endorsement in some (deranged and twisted) minds. 

Yeah I'm finding it totally bizarre that Russia has gone from The Big Bad to Righteous Heroes of Our Time for some of the right wing. Like... weren't you Tom Clancy's preferred audience? Did you follow him all the way after his books broke with reality? Why aren't you at war with Japan then?

• Upvote 10

I agree. Like, OK, maybe the youngest ones like Madison Cawthorn I can see why they might not be strongly wary of Russia. But the majority of Republican politicians are old enough to remember when Soviet Russia was the Big Bad. When there was talk of nuclear proliferation and missiles in space and kids were having "tornado drills" in school in areas that really don't get tornados because that's good preparation in case bombs start flying. Back when pro wrestling had it's villains be Russian, and the cheapest laziest way to indicate a villain in a cartoon or movie was to give them a Russian accent. 

Like I'm solidly Gen X. And I think Russia as a country is beautiful and full of people just like all other people. But I was aware enough during the "Cold War" to be suspicious of anyone who cozies up with the Russian government, because the Soviet Union was largely just Russia having taken over nearby areas that should be their own countries, and thus Russia was THE enemy for most of my childhood. 

Some of the Republican politicians are old enough to remember when acting charitable toward Russia was enough to get you investigated by the government!

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Back when pro wrestling had it's villains be Russian, and the cheapest laziest way to indicate a villain in a cartoon or movie was to give them a Russian accent. 

Or make them a Nazi, something else the right has moved from Big Bad to "there are good people on both sides".

• Upvote 6

I thought conservatives packed everything up and went over to Rumble? 🤔

• Upvote 6

Cawthorn Awkwardly Admits To Voting Against BIF During Photo-Op Bragging About BIF Funds

Rep. Madison Cawthorn’s (R-NC) photo-op touting the infrastructure funding for his district that came from the bipartisan infrastructure package (BIF) didn’t go quite as planned on Thursday.

A video published by American Muckrakers PAC, a Cawthorn opposition group, shows the GOP lawmaker being confronted by a person off-screen who asked him point-blank if he actually voted for the funds.

“This particular appropriation we advocated for in the appropriations [inaudible], but the larger bill we voted against,” Cawthorn replied as he posed with a giant check in front of the cameras.

“Did you vote for it, though?” the questioner pressed.

“As I just said, I think the larger bill we voted against,” the Republican replied tersely.

Cawthorn, who’s running for reelection against seven primary challengers, finds himself positively drowning in bad headlines lately: He was charged with driving with a revoked license earlier this month in his third traffic violation, he’s come under fire from members of his own party after he went off on a deranged tirade against Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and a group of North Carolina voters are still trying to get him disqualified from office over his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, even after a Trump-appointed judge blocked their effort.

• Thank You 8

49 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I like the whispered “Thank you for asking that question,” from someone near the reporter. Elmer Fudd’s stupider cousin holding the big check couldn’t figure out how to bullshit his way out of the direct question. 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Did Maddy just tattle on his fellow R's?  He said it's people he admires and respects and he's been very clear about how he feels about the D's.  Sounds to me like Little MadCaw just exposed the corruption and hypocrisy amongst his own party!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Did Maddy just tattle on his fellow R's?  He said it's people he admires and respects and he's been very clear about how he feels about the D's.  Sounds to me like Little MadCaw just exposed the corruption and hypocrisy amongst his own party!

You were not alone in that coming immediately to mind. That was my first thought, and:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/madison-cawthorn-orgies-cocaine_n_624110ebe4b0e340f6a52ba2

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic