IGNORED

US House Of Representatives 3: The Dems Govern While The GQPers Genuflect To The Former Guy

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

As if declaring to hear the voice of a deity doesn't raise further doubts about her mental state.and capacity to serve.

For some of her base, it doesn't, I'm sad to say.

I am not at all surprised to hear Boebert using the same bullshit Bro Gary Hawkins does - God called them, and their lack of "high-dollar education" or actual skills for the job, is irrelevant.

• Upvote 8

I really don't care what their educational background is, I just want all candidates for national office to be able to pass a basic civics test that covers the Constitution with emphasis on the three branches of government, their responsibilities and limitations, and to have a mandatory class on ethics in government.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

14 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

and to have a mandatory class on ethics in government.

That's a really good point. The rest of us in the working world have to constantly put in our CEUs and attend trainings. There is no reason that our elected officials shouldn't be sent to a mandatory orientation and training at the start of each new session. And instead of doing the pledge, why not have a brief "civics moment" where they take turns presenting a 5 minute micro lecture on a current topic or even just a historical precedent. 

• Upvote 11

I'm right there with Tony. I have no patience for Ronny's crap:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

And this is the idiot who is representing SE Iowa now

An Iowa Republican congresswoman Sunday night retweeted a story from a satire site claiming the Biden administration will withhold medical benefits from unvaccinated veterans and 20 hours later, the tweet was still posted after backlash from the public.

The tweet from Mariannette Miller-Meeks, reading “If true, this is insane!” directs readers to an “article” posted by the website “DelawareOhioNews.com” with the headline “Biden Orders VA to Withholds Health Benefits from Unvaccinated Veterans.”

The website is a self-described satire site, even saying on their website: “Everything on this website is made up. Do not rely on anything said here.” The article is comprised of fake and made-up quotes, including some with profanity.

As of 6 p.m. Monday, Miller-Meeks' tweet garnered more than 200 replies, many pointing out the article was satire and not to be taken as truth.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The website is a self-described satire site, even saying on their website: “Everything on this website is made up. Do not rely on anything said here.” The article is comprised of fake and made-up quotes, including some with profanity.

Let's be fair here. As a Republican, how was she to know the difference?

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Mariannette Miller-Meeks

Marionette? Yep. That explains a LOT. Most republicans seem to be puppets for Trump or above him, Putin, so that name couldn't be more appropriate!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

U.S. Representatives August Pfluger (R-Texas) and Lauren Boebert (R-Colorado) hosted a Second Amendment Rally Thursday morning at Ally Outdoors in Midland. Both the Congressman and Congresswoman spoke on the Second Amendment and held a meet and greet with rally-goers following their remarks.

Pfluger is my congresscritter. :pb_rollseyes:

image.thumb.png.b0f13e6c04ce4a14fd8cefbcbde8e872.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e818ad78b3598aee16f38318ff0d5c33.png

Since the event was in Midland, one of the insurrectionists from January 6th was there. That's Jenny Cudd in the "Trump DeSantis 2024" t-shirt.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dd25fb09f7815048f66c1004639df2f9.png

The video that brought her national attention if you need a refresher:

Spoiler

Cudd's trial is currently set for January of 2022.

• Thank You 9

he has " big problems" with the climate provisions

Well, he would have, wouldn't he, with his rather large finacial stakes in fossil fuels...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

BarbieQ being her normal idiotic self:

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 9
  • WTF 1

Who is surprised that BarbieQ doesn't follow election finance laws? Not me.

"Rep. Boebert reveals she used campaign funds to pay rent and utilities, FEC filing shows"

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) used campaign funds to pay for her rent and utility bills, her campaign revealed in a new filing this week with the Federal Election Commission, first reported on by Forbes and the Denver Post.

The filing provided further detail on four Venmo payments Boebert had made in May and June, totaling $6,650, that had been described in a previous FEC report as personal expenses. In August, the FEC sent a letter to Boebert’s campaign flagging those disbursements as possibly constituting personal use of campaign funds and warning of possible legal action if she did not provide clarification.

A report her campaign submitted to the FEC on Tuesday specified that Boebert had made those four payments — two each of $2,000 and two each of $1,325 — to John Pacheco, and described them as rent and utilities “billed to [the] campaign via Venmo in error.” The report also noted that Boebert had reimbursed her campaign for those expenses, and that those reimbursements would be reported in the next FEC filing period.

In the report, Boebert’s campaign listed Pacheco’s address as 120 E. 3rd St. in Rifle, Colo. — the same address as Shooters Grill, a restaurant Boebert and her husband own, as well as a former marijuana dispensary next door that was converted into Boebert’s campaign office. However, no public records show Pacheco affiliated with that address. A deed shows Pacheco as the owner of a two-bedroom townhouse on Capitol Hill, and interior pictures from a Zillow listing for that townhouse show elements that match the background from recent interviews Boebert has given from home.

Reached by phone Thursday, Pacheco confirmed Boebert was his tenant in Washington but said he had “no idea” whether her rent money had been paid through her campaign or about anything regarding the amended FEC reports.

“I just collect the rent. I don’t know where the funds come from,” Pacheco told The Washington Post. He declined to comment further.

A representative for Boebert did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday or to questions seeking to clarify why her campaign had specified that her landlord’s address was the same as that of her restaurant and campaign office. Boebert spokesman Ben Stout told CNN that the funds “were reimbursed months ago when Rep. Boebert self-reported the error.”

An FEC spokeswoman said the agency could not comment on cases in connection with specific candidates and committees. In the agency’s Aug. 17 letter to Boebert’s campaign, the FEC said it could take further legal action if it was determined that Boebert had used campaign funds for personal use.

“However, prompt action to obtain reimbursements of the funds in question will be taken into consideration,” the FEC letter stated.

Boebert’s campaign finance reports have raised red flags in the past. Last year, Boebert’s campaign paid her $22,259 in mileage reimbursements, which the Denver Post calculated would have required Boebert drive 38,712 miles over a year "despite having no publicly advertised campaign events in March, April or July, and only one in May.”

At the time, Boebert’s campaign defended the exorbitant reimbursements, saying Boebert had “traveled to every nook and cranny of the district to speak with and hear from the people about their concerns.” She later claimed that wildfires in the state had forced her “to take the long way” to some events, the Colorado Times Recorder reported.

Boebert also failed to disclose until August that her husband had made nearly $1 million from consulting for an energy firm in the past two years. Previously she had indicated her income had come from Shooters Grill, and only identified her husband’s income source as “N/A” on candidate filing forms.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Look out Margie and Lauren, Gosar is competing with you for dumbest person in congress:

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 5

Here’s the face that wants me to get the FUCK out of Iowa in a goddamn nutshell. 

E7909B9B-B7DF-42A9-98BE-30A415717235.thumb.jpeg.9a335e71d6c706e1cdb4c54c87f3bb0a.jpeg

I’m fucking done with Iowa. I’ve got no voice in this fucking state any more.

Hey any covidkim fuck stick supporters lurking around here….I took the bar in MINNESOTA because I fully intend to head up that way after I pass the bar and get licensed up there. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I definitely can't as I'm only a woman and I'm sure that he would spout the Bible verse about women should not be leaders of men.

• Upvote 8

My penmanship is so bad that my first grade teacher told my mother to buy me a typewriter. However, I know how to spell my own name.

image.png.5beb17b3830b1a8f6aad0e0ca368eba5.png

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My penmanship is so bad that my first grade teacher told my mother to buy me a typewriter. However, I know how to spell my own name.

image.png.5beb17b3830b1a8f6aad0e0ca368eba5.png

Wow. 

I knew "they" didn't teach penmanship in school anymore. I've been amazed by writing I've seen by a couple teens I know that looks like a 2nd grader wrote it. I know that most people develop a "signature" that might or might not look anything like their actual name. (I had a co-worker named Patrick Lastname whose signature looks like "Phil", and my last name ends with an H that swoops up to cross the T before it, so isn't totally clear.) My handwriting was considered absolutely terrible throughout school, and we DID learn penmanship. 

But damn. That letter R is just plain missing, and the handwriting as a whole looks like a 7th grade girl scrawled it on top of a homework assignment.

I might get my Spencerian copybooks back out and start practicing again just to further improve my penmanship, after seeing that. 

• Upvote 7

Based on his signature, I read his last name as Cauthon instead of Cawthorn. :confusion-shrug:

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

the handwriting as a whole looks like a 7th grade girl scrawled it on top of a homework assignment.

With ink that smells like Love's Baby Soft.

• Haha 9

Todd Akin who had some pre Stone Age opinions about women died.  Of course the bullshit is flying about him now. 

“He was a devout Christian, a great father, and a friend to many. We cherish many fond memories from him driving the tractor at our annual hayride, to his riveting delivery of the freedom story at 4th of July parties dressed in the full uniform of a colonial minuteman. The family is thankful for his legacy: a man with a servant’s heart who stood for truth.”

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Todd Akin who had some pre Stone Age opinions about women died.

Death? If it's legitimate death, I thought the male body had ways to shut that whole thing down.

I know, I'm cruel. But sometimes ya just gotta say it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Alisamer said:

But damn. That letter R is just plain missing, and the handwriting as a whole looks like a 7th grade girl scrawled it on top of a homework assignment.

Or “Mrs. Crush’sFirstName Crush’sLastName” on her notebook.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Or “Mrs. Crush’sFirstName Crush’sLastName” on her notebook.

When I was in the sixth grade, two of my classmates got in trouble for using their boyfriends' last names on an assignment.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Cawthorn is deplorable:

• WTF 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic