IGNORED

US House Of Representatives 3: The Dems Govern While The GQPers Genuflect To The Former Guy

GreyhoundFan

11 hours ago, thoughtful said:

And punch trees - don't forget, he punches trees:

What the Hell did I just watch?  This guy is either on something or is just too cheap to spring for a punching bag. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

This is so important to me because I have family who were born with this condition and need insulin to simply survive. No insulin = passing out, coma, death. "Pro-life" republicans my ass. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, thoughtful said:

And punch trees - don't forget, he punches trees:

Imagine what Maddy would have done if he was the little boy in The Giving Tree.  That poor tree would've been withered away by year three due to being traumatized.  

@meep, I am with you on the insulin cap vote.  I really hope your relatives are able to get their much needed insulin.  It's so disgusting that 193 people could have voted to make the lives of so many people better by making sure they could all afford life-saving medication.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Apparently as the votes were being tallied and it was becoming clear that Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson would indeed be the next Supreme Court Justice, several Republican Senators began to leave the Senate chambers.  Shameful behavior.  It's bad enough the antics and theatrics that went into the vote but the childish action of getting up and going out of the room - especially during such an incredible moment in history- is unbelievably boorish and low even by GOP standards.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall any Democratic Senators leaving when Kavanaugh or Comey Barrett's votes were being counted and, let's be real, walking out on Kavanaugh's votes would have been justified given the very credible testimony of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.  (I know I am in the House of Reps thread and maybe this should go in the general GOP thread so if I should move it please let me know.)

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Do we know if Collins and Murkowski stayed? It’s pathetic that only Romney acted appropriately. The whole lot of them. 

I really love that Burr and Tillis spoke out against Cawthorn. He’s my representative and he’s so deeply unqualified, just a liar, a collection of bad stereotypes. Dystopian world bad. And yet he spoke with Trump yesterday— still looking for video. 

• Upvote 6

Racist shits 

In a bitterly divided Congress, it was a rare measure that had been expected to sail through without a fight.

A bill to name a federal courthouse in Tallahassee, Florida, after Justice Joseph W. Hatchett, the first Black man to serve on the Florida Supreme Court — sponsored by the state’s two Republican senators and backed unanimously by its 27 House members — was set to pass the House last month and become law with broad bipartisan support.

But in a last-minute flurry, Republicans abruptly pulled their backing with no explanation and ultimately killed the measure, leaving its fate unclear, many of its champions livid and some of its newfound opponents professing ignorance about what had happened.

The objector was Rep. Andrew Clyde of Georgia. Shortly before the House vote, he began circulating an Associated Press article from 1999 about an appeals court decision that Hatchett wrote that year that struck down a public school policy allowing student-approved prayers at graduation ceremonies in Florida. The decision, which overruled a lower court, held that the policy violated constitutional protections of freedom of religion.

Of course Clyde was all full of the I’m not a racist bullshit excuses. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

• 2 weeks later...

The tape of McCarthy and Cheney talking about Trump resigning:

• Thank You 6

MAGAs are beside themselves over McCarthy's "betrayal" but why not at McConnell whose public statements immediately post Jan 6 were equally damning of Trump?

The big question: who released the tape? Liz Cheney denies that she did. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

This was before the recording of his call with Cheney was released:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dce6d51145dae9f16e3264d00a117fad.png

• Thank You 7

16 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I used to go on rants about how good writers with good books can't get published but the abomination "50 Shades of Grey" not only got published but sold like crazy and ended up with sequels, a spin-off told from the abuser's standpoint, and movies.  I can't help but feel like that 50 shades dreck is going to be literary genius by comparison to whatever burbles out of LBo's mouth and onto the pages of her "book".  

• Upvote 5

GOP Rep. Pushes Bizarre Bill to ‘Expunge’ Trump’s Jan. 6 Impeachment

Congressional Republicans have found yet another way to demonstrate their fealty to Donald Trump: attempting to “expunge” his impeachment after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

A stalwart member of the party’s MAGA wing, Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), is expected to introduce legislation on Wednesday to expunge Trump’s second impeachment vote in the House, according to an email his office sent to fellow GOP lawmakers on Tuesday morning.

“The Democrats’ weaponization of impeachment against President Trump cannot go unanswered in the history books,” Mullin’s office declared, in an attempt to garner more cosponsors for the measure.

Such a resolution faces no chance of passing the Democratic-led House, or even receiving a vote.

But Mullin, who was photographed trying to fend off the mob from the House floor on Jan. 6, is running for the U.S. Senate seat in Oklahoma being vacated by GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe.

In that deep-red state, the June 28 GOP primary will likely determine who is Oklahoma’s next senator. Mullin faces a crowded field of Republican hopefuls, which includes Luke Holland, Inhofe’s former chief of staff, and a number of candidates with ties to Trump and the far right.

The resolution, as described by Mullin’s staff, is full of MAGA red meat that would play well to primary voters.

It decries the “rabid partisanship the Democrats displayed in exercising one of the most grave and consequential powers with which the House is charged.”

More notably, in a sympathetic nod to baseless election fraud conspiracies and the violence that they unleashed, the resolution also details “the legitimate concerns held by protesters.”

The text of the resolution, obtained by The Daily Beast, is full of grievances regarding the allegedly haphazard process of the impeachment that Trump faced for inciting the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. Ten Republicans joined all Democrats in voting in favor of impeachment.

It also proudly boasts that Trump received more votes than any incumbent president in over 100 years, omitting the fact that Joe Biden received more.

Mullin’s office did not provide comment.

:shakehead2:

• Thank You 8

Stacey Plaskett kills it in this speech:

• Upvote 6

On 5/18/2022 at 1:14 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Stacey Plaskett kills it in this speech:

We really need an applause reaction choice.  Hell, we need a standing ovation reaction choice.  She is fierce!

• Upvote 6

Madison Cawthorn foes who published a damaging nude video launch campaign to 'fire' Lauren Boebert

The group that posted a viral sexually explicit video of a nude Rep. Madison Cawthorn in bed with another man is now focusing on Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado for its next takedown, Insider has learned.

"I think we're going to go after Lauren Boebert in Colorado in a similar way," David B. Wheeler, a cofounder of the American Muckrakers PAC, told Insider Wednesday. "I think we're going to engage in that race pretty quickly."

The group on Thursday launched fireboebert.com, seeking tips on information, pictures, videos, or documents on Boebert or her associates. The first tweet by @FireBoebert read, "Hi @RepBoebert - Ask @RepCawthorn about us. We look forwarding to getting to know you." 

Their logo: a Dumpster fire emblazoned with "FIRE BOEBERT."

While Wheeler is a Democrat, his cofounder is unaffiliated, and the group counts some Republicans among its advisors. 

Wheeler told Insider on Wednesday he'd already received "interesting information" about the Republican firebrand, whose primary against GOP state Sen. Don Coram is on June 28. The information is "certainly not as salacious as some of the Cawthorn stuff," he said. It deals, instead, with financial matters, he added, declining to disclose more details.

A spokesperson for Boebert did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Last year, The Associated Press reported that the first-year lawmaker failed to disclose her husband's income during her campaign, in violation of ethics and campaign-finance laws. She said her husband made nearly $1 million over 2019 and 2020 as a consultant for an energy firm. 

Former President Donald Trump endorsed Boebert in December as "a fearless leader, a defender of the America First Agenda, and a fighter against the Loser RINOs and Radical Democrats," shortly after she was rebuked for making Islamophobic comments about Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.

Wheeler's PAC, also known as firemadison.com, played a key role in exposing damaging information about Cawthorn, who lost his Republican primary in North Carolina to state Sen. Chuck Edwards on Tuesday. 

The group brought to light Cawthorn's attempt to take a gun through the Asheville Regional Airport last year. It also filed a complaint accusing Cawthorn of violating US House ethics rules, saying he provided free housing and gifts to a staff member.

Cawthorn responded to the nude video released by the PAC by saying: "I was being crass with a friend, trying to be funny. We were acting foolish, and joking. That's it."

In Colorado, where Boebert is running for reelection, unaffiliated voters can participate in either the Republican or Democratic primary. Wheeler said he planned to focus on targeted messages through texting and social media to unaffiliated women.

"We helped fire Madison Cawthorn. Now it's Lauren Boebert's turn," fireboebert.com says.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

image.thumb.png.a55b8c6db4b54303d70c88f812fa4f23.png

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Gym needs to shut up. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. 
image.thumb.png.9e17fc6253256997bbdc70a7d1d2c637.png

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Gym needs to shut up. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. 
image.thumb.png.9e17fc6253256997bbdc70a7d1d2c637.png

They might have voted against the bill but they did do something. They gave Americans their thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic