IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

I think the one good thing pointing towards her not being a front runner to be cast in the spin off is that her character name was never (to my knowledge) said in any of the movies, I did not even acknowledge her in the movies (because she is such a background character). Until all this happened with Lawson. I did not even recognise that she was in multiple scenes in the movies until Lawson. Now I hate that I see her, I am a huge spider-man and marvel fan. I will hate it no end if she gets the role and makes me vomit watching it or worse yet turning me off watching it. Speaking of, just started rewatching Hart of Dixie which I love and George Tucker reminds me of a better looking more put together less slimy  Smuggar and now I can't unsee it and it takes the shine off. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, theotherelise said:

If anyone is interested, Nick DiRamio on YouTube does some amazing pure flix reaction/commentary videos. 

I'll have to check them out. The Cinema Snob has some hilarious pure flix and other fundie movie reactions. His reactions to War Room and Saving Christmas are hilarious.

• Upvote 2

I'm not really into Marvel so I don't know for sure but I guess she would need to wear a skintight suit and possibly have a love interest in the movie.

While the Bates are trying to keep up appearances that they are 'normal' I think this would be a big bridge to far for their modesty standards.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

The book is "Pray Big for your Marriage"

That sounds like an odd title! Kind of like your marriage has gone horribly wrong, so you need to “pray big” in order to save it?

But then neither English nor fundie-speak are my native languages, so who am I to say… 😁

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I'm not really into Marvel so I don't know for sure but I guess she would need to wear a skintight suit and possibly have a love interest in the movie.

While the Bates are trying to keep up appearances that they are 'normal' I think this would be a big bridge to far for their modesty standards.

And that might be the point where we find out how much Lawson and Tiffany, at least, are willing to bend their standards for enough fame and money.  

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

I knew her Cindy Moon role was known.  Wasn't sure if it had been discussed that the spinoff is confirmed.  I'm guessing her chances are slim, but I can see her and Lawson having a very hard time passing that up if they thought she had even an outside shot at it.  The level of fame it would give her that he could then leverage as a platform for his music would likely be irresistible.  Not to mention that selling a wedding special between a superhero lead and a reality star would bring them far more money than what they have to offer right now.

It's totally ISB, but I could definitely see them being OK with holding off on a wedding a little longer if they think this is in the realm of possibility and think waiting will improve their position.  

ETA - and this is acknowledging that what *they* think is in the realm of possibility and what is *actually* in the realm of possibility may be two drastically different things.  

I don't think Lawson would like her to get a role in a big tv show. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be OK with his wife being more famous than him. I also think he wants a wife with enough time to cook him dinner, wash his clothes and be available to travel with him whenever he wants. She wouldn't be able to do that if she was the lead on a tv show. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I don't think Lawson would like her to get a role in a big tv show. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be OK with his wife being more famous than him. I also think he wants a wife with enough time to cook him dinner, wash his clothes and be available to travel with him whenever he wants. She wouldn't be able to do that if she was the lead on a tv show. 

I agree. He would hate to be the husband of. Especially, while his own career goes nowhere. I also agree that he expects his wife to provide all the traditional housewife schtick, while looking presentable all the time (and with someone loving the camera as much as he does that’s really all the time). I am not sure if he is actually aware of that though. I can totally see him believing in traditional values but also thinking he will be a modern Christian husband. Spoiler-it’s actually way more severe than what most people do that emulate their parents model of life aka nothing modern about it. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 9

On 10/7/2021 at 1:40 AM, GreenBeans said:

That sounds like an odd title! Kind of like your marriage has gone horribly wrong, so you need to “pray big” in order to save it?

But then neither English nor fundie-speak are my native languages, so who am I to say… 😁

I grew up as a native English speaker and strict Latter Day Saint (big on marriage books), and interpreted it the same way you did 😂 It's the correct interpretation as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I hope Lawson doesn’t suddenly need two hands on the steering wheel.  Honestly, so many of the Bateseses family videos show them driving with a distinct lack of attention on the road.   I would feel so unsafe with a driver like them. 

1C50AB5E-CF7D-415E-AE06-64AC1B912BEE.jpeg

• I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Karma said:

I hope Lawson doesn’t suddenly need two hands on the steering wheel.  Honestly, so many of the Bateseses family videos show them driving with a distinct lack of attention on the road.   I would feel so unsafe with a driver like them. 

Lawson has regularly been referred to by the rest of the family as an unsafe driver and the worst family driver. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lawson has regularly been referred to by the rest of the family as an unsafe driver and the worst family driver. 

Is that Trace behind him? It’s blurry, but he looks like he’s thinking, “eyes on the road, dude!”

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Is that Trace behind him? It’s blurry, but he looks like he’s thinking, “eyes on the road, dude!”

Warden, I think. I wonder if he and Ellie (I think, could be Addalee) lost the draw and had to ride with Lawson lol. 

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Looks more like Isaiah 

Honestly I can't tell Trace/Isaiah/Warden apart. I also can't tell Jeb and Jud apart. Or the younger 3 girls. They all blend together. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Honestly I can't tell Trace/Isaiah/Warden apart. I also can't tell Jeb and Jud apart. Or the younger 3 girls. They all blend together. 

Bet their parents can't either. My three girls all look alike and I can't tell them apart. Can you imagine 19? 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Bet their parents can't either. My three girls all look alike and I can't tell them apart. Can you imagine 19? 

I watched a clip on YouTube of them trying to identify baby pictures and mostly failing. And yeah, I struggle with baby pics of my 3 and I only have 3. No way I would be able to keep 19 kids straight. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, Karma said:

Isn't he in the passenger seat? not driving?

1 minute ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Isn't he in the passenger seat? not driving?

No he was driving. Tif was recording. It took me ages to get used to the flipped effect of social media stories.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Who else thinks Lawson is going to propose at Nathan’s wedding?

Not sure, but I could see that happening.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Or announce their engagement by playing a looooong proposal video from whatever gorgeous location they were at recently.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I don't think he'll propose at the wedding but I could see Tiffany showing up with a ring.

• Upvote 4

I mean according to both of their Instagram stories yesterday, they were somewhere with their photographer friends the Garridos, so maybe they got pictures of an engagement then. It would be like Lawson to get engaged literally the weekend before his brother gets married to pull some attention to himself. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Eh, I don't think they'll be engaged until she finishes her Master's. Or at least closer to the end of her "semester" (even if she's just doing online stuff lol). I like to think that for as obsessed as she is with Lawson, she has a similar sense of self-importance. 

4 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Eh, I don't think they'll be engaged until she finishes her Master's. Or at least closer to the end of her "semester" (even if she's just doing online stuff lol). I like to think that for as obsessed as she is with Lawson, she has a similar sense of self-importance. 

Do we know when she'll finish her masters

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic