IGNORED

Maxwell 47: Vestigial Tales of the Messy Towel Drawer

Coconut Flan

@PennySycamore, I remember that poem! Back in second grade, we were doing a unit on transportation, and my mom found it in a children’s anthology I had, and had ne bring it to school.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Years ago my parents bought a two-door car for the first time.  They reasoned that they didn't need a four-door anymore since all the kids were launched.  But that same evening one of my brothers came over with his wife and two small children.  Dad suggested he drive all of them to dinner in the new car.  After struggling for an hour to install the car seats and then get hungry squirmy toddlers in them, they realized that none of the adults were small enough to fit in the back between the seats.  Rather than move the car seats back to my brother's car, Dad and my brother drove to the restaurant in the new car while my step-mother and my SIL followed in brother's car.  The adults switched cars on the way back to the house so my SIL got a chance to ride in the new car.  Then they had to move the car seats back to brother's car so they could go home.

They turned in the two-door the next day and came back with a four-door.  They'd had the two-door less than 24 hours.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 19

51 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Per the newest blog post... Gigi got vaccinated (!!!) and Anna Marie finished her last treatment.

I knew Gigi would. She’s always had the most common sense in that family. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

What do they mean when they say Gigi or Anna "felt freedom" to meet with family? I can't work out if they are being snarky or pragmatic or something else?? 

Steve seems very legalistic and everything in his bible is black or white but then they have these expressions like so-and-so "felt freedom to do X". 

I don't know whether they take covid seriously or not, or whether they think God tells each of them individually what they can do, or if maybe they disagree with Anna and Gigi secretly but know it won't fly to say what they really think to people outside Steve's control? It's a very strange saying for such a very black and whie thinking set of people.

Also, sorry I don't know how to quote and edit at same time but in reply to the above post, do you think the rest of the family will refuse vaccinations?  I would have thought they would all want to protect themselves, they seem to use medication for physical illnesses as needed?

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

What do they mean when they say Gigi or Anna "felt freedom" to meet with family? I can't work out if they are being snarky or pragmatic or something else?? 

Steve seems very legalistic and everything in his bible is black or white but then they have these expressions like so-and-so "felt freedom to do X". 

I don't know whether they take covid seriously or not, or whether they think God tells each of them individually what they can do, or if maybe they disagree with Anna and Gigi secretly but know it won't fly to say what they really think to people outside Steve's control? It's a very strange saying for such a very black and whie thinking set of people.

Also, sorry I don't know how to quote and edit at same time but in reply to the above post, do you think the rest of the family will refuse vaccinations?  I would have thought they would all want to protect themselves, they seem to use medication for physical illnesses as needed?

Out of all the fundies we talk about on FJ, I would say Steve and Teri are the likeliest to get the vaccine. I 100% don’t think Chelsy will. She’s too influenced by her ignorant parents. It’s hard to say with the others. Anna Marie will probably listen to her doctor. But I can’t say what Nate or Jesse would do.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Out of all the fundies we talk about on FJ, I would say Steve and Teri are the likeliest to get the vaccine. I 100% don’t think Chelsy will. She’s too influenced by her ignorant parents. It’s hard to say with the others. Anna Marie will probably listen to her doctor. But I can’t say what Nate or Jesse would do.

Thank you! I don't know why but I think of them all as one big family except Gigi.   I hope we find out more but I can also imagine them deciding it is private unless the extended families share it themselves.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Did GiGi JUST get her vaccine? 

It says in the blog she had dinner with them two weeks after her second dose.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

It says in the blog she had dinner with them two weeks after her second dose.

She not only had the sense to get it, but to wait the two weeks for it to work. Good for Gigi.

I do think Teri and Steve will get the vaccine if they haven't already, and the at-home girls probably will too. Teri and Steve met in college and despite their over-the-top Bible thumping they do have some scientific education and knowledge. However they'll probably keep it quiet as to not upset any anti-vaxx potential customers who might be reading their blog. Since Gigi isn't under Steve's "umbrella" they can share about her getting it.

• Upvote 18
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

However they'll probably keep it quiet as to not upset any anti-vaxx potential customers who might be reading their blog.

Truth be told. They are SO slimy! 

• Upvote 11

My parents gave me a good used car as a high school graduation gift in 1970. It cost them $1500, was only three years old, and had something like 15,000 miles on it. I drove it till 1982.

But, boy, it was no picnic when 1978 came and I had to put my baby into and out of a car seat!

• Upvote 8

In the first picture - that Sarah is in but didn't take - John is there, but his family is not. Must have been taken while Chelsy went to visit her family in Iowa - for whatever wedding was taking place? 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

On 4/27/2021 at 5:38 PM, PennySycamore said:

I think what color of car you end up with has less to do with your personality and more to do with what's on the car lot.  

Absolutely. When I was car shopping locally I had a choice between white, silver, and black in the model I wanted. I said I would have a red car if I had to fly to Nebraska to buy it. The salesman called around and was able to get one from a dealer in the next state over if I was willing to wait a couple of days. It came with a bunch of extras that I didn't have to pay for because I didn't necessarily want them. Of course now that I've been enjoying those options for the last 10 years, I wouldn't want a car that didn't have them.

20 hours ago, Bethy said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's definitely a 4-door.

I. am. crushed. But you are correct.

Spoiler

Heart Crushing GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

This week we are enjoying advancing into more normal, pre-Covid family interactions.

Advancing into pre-Covid interactions.

Moving forward to what is behind you?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

On 4/27/2021 at 11:22 AM, MamaJunebug said:

I traded in a red car for a grey. Last evening I literally wandered the parking lot, unable to pick out my jalopy  from about 2 dozen similar grey cars there!  Down to the make & model!!  #GoRedOrStayHome :D 

We have a small black car that resembles most every other small black car in a typical suburban parking lot.  Grampwych saw a rainbow-colored steering wheel cover in a Dollar Tree store, and voila, problem solved.   We’re on our third rainbow wheel cover now and keep spares on hand.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Judging by Teri’s responses to questions, she and Steve are likely not getting the COVID vax. 

Was she responding to questions on the latest post or somewhere else, because I don’t see anything in this recent one asking about the vaccine (other than mentioning GiGi) and nothing from Teri that would indicate they won’t be getting theirs.

Edited by sparkles
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Truth be told. They are SO slimy! 

Ah ok, so we will never know but now I'm thinking the "X felt freedom to Y" is a way of getting around the fact that their customers will all have different views on what is gospel truth in any matter?  I think I have seen it on someone's blog about wearing trousers actually, feeling freedom to wear pants even though grandma thinks they are men's clothes only.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sparkles said:

Was she responding to questions on the latest post or somewhere else, because I don’t see anything in this recent one asking about the vaccine (other than mentioning GiGi) and nothing from Teri that would indicate they won’t be getting theirs.

Agree.  She doesn't seem to be saying either way.

And I'll give them a little bit of credit for mentioning the vaccines in a positive way, as well as some of their commenters.  So many fundies are against them.

And yeah, what's with that "advancing into more normal, pre-COVID interactions" stuff?  Do they think writing like this makes them sound more intelligent?  Weird is more like it.

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Advancing into pre-Covid interactions.

Moving forward to what is behind you?

Odd, even for the Maxwells.Gothard-types are. Wasn't Steve an engineer? He may not have totally lost his brain on medical matters.

Have we had proof they are anti-vax? Not all

• Upvote 3

To me, her responses would have included if they themselves were also having them/their response to second shot etc. Teri is generally more conversational. YMMV! 

• Upvote 4

Did anyone else notice the caption under the first photo, about Sarah being in a meal photo?

• Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Did anyone else notice the caption under the first photo, about Sarah being in a meal photo?

I’m pretty sure that’s in response to multiple commenters saying they would like to see her in pictures more often. ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I thought so too. I was actually going to write more in my comment, but didn’t in the end. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic