IGNORED

Maxwell 47: Vestigial Tales of the Messy Towel Drawer

Coconut Flan

On 4/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, SPHASH said:

Sarah has got to be the worst blog writer, ever.

WTH Nate and Mel's kids going to a PUBLIC LIBRARY?  I thought libraries were a no no in Maxhell.

IMG_1645-2-768x576.jpg

Poor Calia getting trained in as a tortilla helper.

Sarah honey Christians are not being persecuted in this country.  Go to Iran if you want to experience persecution.

No idea why Arnold would like Teri.

Arnold shows the face of Christ--he shows compassion for the suffering. :)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 11

7 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Arnold is a good Christian.

But does he know where he is going when he dies?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

The Maxwells and otherChristians in America crying persecution are just so insanely naive, clueless and frustratingly ignorant. They have absolutely no idea. 

I think they honestly believe that, once upon a time, everyone in America was a good little Christian just like them. They seem so ignorant to things, like homosexuality or example, existing prior to the present day. By which I mean obviously homosexual people have always existed, but it’s now acceptable and considered normal (and rightly so). People have always committed adultery, skipped church, not believed in God, and been “sinful” (which for the Maxwells is anything fun. It’s not new. The country has never been like the Maxwell family. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

Yeah I think it's just the general "True Christians are persecuted because non-Christians are allowed to live in the same country and true Christians can't legislate the lives of others as easily or extensively as they wish to." Just like how "Jesus is coming soon, I just know it" since at least the 80s.

• Upvote 17

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

He's a cat so I doubt that he cares.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Sarah is recovered enough to do the Spring100  challenge ( 100 mile walk over several months)  She looks good.

phttps://spring100challenge.com/

20210422_094907.jpg

It's good that Sarah's feeling better, but I don't understand why walking 100 miles over the span of a few months is that impressive.  I'm not an athlete, but my chosen daily exercise is walking.  I purposely walk five miles per day on my treadmill and usually log another 2 or 3 at work every day.  I am a serious Fitbit fan, so I consistently aim for 49 miles per week.  I walk some miles faster than others (treadmill), but the Fitbit helps me stay motivated.  I'm really not bragging because I'm not a perfect physical specimen (still overweight but I like to walk and move), but this doesn't seem like a tremendous accomplishment for a young woman who doesn't seem to have a challenging career, family to care for, and is not even 40 years old.  Maybe I'm missing the point.    

• Upvote 20

44 minutes ago, Caroline said:

It's good that Sarah's feeling better, but I don't understand why walking 100 miles over the span of a few months is that impressive.  I'm not an athlete, but my chosen daily exercise is walking.  I purposely walk five miles per day on my treadmill and usually log another 2 or 3 at work every day.  I am a serious Fitbit fan, so I consistently aim for 49 miles per week.  I walk some miles faster than others (treadmill), but the Fitbit helps me stay motivated.  I'm really not bragging because I'm not a perfect physical specimen (still overweight but I like to walk and move), but this doesn't seem like a tremendous accomplishment for a young woman who doesn't seem to have a challenging career, family to care for, and is not even 40 years old.  Maybe I'm missing the point.    

I’m guessing it’s just easy and doable for families with small children. I could do it easily but if I had to drag my 6 and 8 year old along, it would be a struggle. They have energy for playing and running around with their friends. But they think walking is boring. 

• Upvote 7

I know why Arnold likes Teri. I’ve noticed that cats often like quiet people who rarely make fast or sudden movements. I doubt Teri ever talks loud and sits quietly while reading her Bible. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

You and me both. I'm an arthritic septuagenarian who just signed up for the Bend to Whistler challenge: run/walk/swim/bike 700 miles in 6 months. I need to work off my covid quarantine poundage (ironically I ended up being exactly 19 pounds above what I need to be to make my clothes fit comfortably again) and I do my best work when I have a goal, especially one that I've paid for. Also, it's a cool T-blouse.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing it’s just easy and doable for families with small children. I could do it easily but if I had to drag my 6 and 8 year old along, it would be a struggle. They have energy for playing and running around with their friends. But they think walking is boring. 

My boyfriend has an eight year old daughter from his previous relationship and while I really love that kid going on a walk with her is just a pain in the ass. It only works when other kids accompany us.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know why Arnold likes Teri. I’ve noticed that cats often like quiet people who rarely make fast or sudden movements. I doubt Teri ever talks loud and sits quietly while reading her Bible. 

That's why our cats mostly hang out with my boyfriend. I just talk too much ??

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

On 4/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, SPHASH said:

And he certainly didn't buy his house debt free - he just simply walked in.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And he certainly didn't buy his house debt free - he just simply walked in.

Arnold believes in squatters rights.  

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

Arnold did it the truly debt free way.  Feed me I'm yours.

Melanie in the latest photos looks like she is absolutely over Maxhell visits.  Maybe it dragged on too long or she was tired, but she had quite the let me out of here look.

• Upvote 12

If I was made to sit on the floor in a long skirt while the penis owners enjoy comfy seats, because god, I'd look annoyed too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

I hate sitting on the floor. It was impossible when I was pregnant. I would look and sound like a sea lion anytime my fat pregnant self tried to get up off the floor. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate sitting on the floor. It was impossible when I was pregnant. I would look and sound like a sea lion anytime my fat pregnant self tried to get up off the floor. 

I used to love sitting on the floor and my Lamaze teacher recommended it when I was pregnant.  Now, at 66 and overweight, sitting on the floor is pretty uncomfortable and I have a hard time getting up.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 4/22/2021 at 10:07 AM, SPHASH said:

Of course he does. He evangelizes to the other kitties in the neighborhood to procure tuna fish for a being  a "good boy"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

Stevie boy might be surprised at what awaits Arnold.  It might be the Rainbow Bridge or it might be something like this:

That scene is from the Disney film The Three Lives of Thomasina.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 5

On 4/22/2021 at 4:54 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

He's a cat so I doubt that he cares.  

With the proverbial nine lives, Arnold has quite a few choices for all those reincarnations.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Stevie boy might be surprised at what awaits Arnold.  It might be the Rainbow Bridge or it might be something like this:

That scene is from the Disney film The Three Lives of Thomasina.

I had almost forgotten that film! On my library request list now! Thank you!!!

• Upvote 2

On 4/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, SPHASH said:

Poor Calia getting trained in as a tortilla helper.

Another Maxwell girl roped into tortilla making, but (to me) the look in her eyes says, "I've got a life away from here".  

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic