IGNORED

Maxwell 47: Vestigial Tales of the Messy Towel Drawer

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father” (Romans 8:15).

I just read this multiple times and the only interpretation I can come up with is too NSFW for me to type.  

What does this actually mean?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I just read this multiple times and the only interpretation I can come up with is too NSFW for me to type.  

What does this actually mean?  

It's one of those verses that make no sense at all except perhaps to students of 17th century English lit. The NIV translates and annotates it thusly:

15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[a] And by him we cry, “Abba,[b] Father.”

a) The Greek word for adoption to sonship is a term referring to the full legal standing of an adopted male heir in Roman culture; also in verse 23.

b) Aramaic for father

I picture  the Maxwells using an app with some sort of AI algorithm to find their Bible quotes, and it took "non-stick" to mean "no bondage" 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

In my experience, non-stick pans always chip eventually, no matter how well you take care of them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I'm late with this, since the mention of the Coughlins was several pages back, but, for anyone who hasn't seen the shelf-beds that led to the line about children stacked like cordwood, here you go:

My pets sleep in better conditions. Hell, my plants have more room to breathe.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Carry on here:

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic