IGNORED

Maxwell 47: Vestigial Tales of the Messy Towel Drawer

Coconut Flan

Sarah has got to be the worst blog writer, ever.

WTH Nate and Mel's kids going to a PUBLIC LIBRARY?  I thought libraries were a no no in Maxhell.

IMG_1645-2-768x576.jpg

Poor Calia getting trained in as a tortilla helper.

Sarah honey Christians are not being persecuted in this country.  Go to Iran if you want to experience persecution.

No idea why Arnold would like Teri.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Rosie said:

"Everything looks some brown, although you can see a hint of green. Amazing what some time does to green things up."

We say "greening up" -- and things like "crisping up" when it comes to finding a glasses prescription that makes things look sharper. But "some brown?" Did she mean "somewhat brown?" I'm not even gonna go farther with that.  

I'm beginning to think that maybe she's just really, really tired.  Whatever her head injuries may/not have had to do with that.  It's like me - I've never been real interested in sports.  If you told me I had to play catch every day for the rest of my life, I would,, but I wouldn't care if I got better at it than I am now.  Sarah indeed does not seem to enjoy writing and it's a doggone dirty shame she's still expected to do it.

The Nathan M kiddos are a super-cute group.  Libraries, an aunty making her way in the Nashville music scene, Maxcousins who live in faroff Olathe -- Abby & her crew (!) have a better chance at a normal life than I once thought.

From my keyboard to Heaven's ears.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

If Steve reads here, maybe he saw my praising his saying that Christians weren't persecuted so the Maxwells  went back on it. Hi, Steve, Sarah, and any other Maxwells. I have expect him to talk about persecution in his Seriously, Dad? column tomorrow. Maybe they got pushback from the fans who think they're persecuted.

Sarah's hair is browner than I remembered.

They washing a car that says "Jesus" on a sign instead of the front license plate. 

Chelsy and John have been less featured on the blog lately. I think they'll announce a new pregnancy sooner than later.

• Upvote 8

Here, some stats.  1/5th of the people in that table pic are wearing vests.  1/5th (a different 1/5th) are wearing massive-ass food catchers around their necks.

Thus, Maxwells = 40% Bib-lical In-vest-ment

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 4

Sarah wrote, “Spring can’t be hidden, and it will burst forth in even more beauty soon.” and MJB takes back some of the gloom she felt about Sarah’s writing desire. 
Tgsts also a really nice photo of the redbud (?) tree covered o er in snow. 

Kansas doesn’t require front license plates snd people use those square inches for self-expression. :) 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

People like Stevehovah would love to enjoy the USA  being a Christian version of Iran.  Christians aren't persecuted in America for fuck sake.  It was nice to see Arnold & I thought that the pic of Elliott & Ellie was cute.  Also, nice to see that kids visited a public library.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Kansas doesn’t require front license plates snd people use those square inches for self-expression. :) 

I was a lifelong MN resident (with front license plates) and am now in NC and a bit taken aback by the amount of confederate flags I see on that front space. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3

I was so happy to see that Nathan and Melanie's kids get to go to the library! I'm sure they can't just check out whatever they want, but at least they are allowed to read mainstream books.

• Upvote 16

6 hours ago, freejugar said:

Why does she say the US is in turmoil?

The only big current event in the US that I can think of is the Chauvin trial, but it hasn't have to do anything with christians.

I’m sure it has far more to do with the ebil, abortion loving Dems being in power than anything having to do with racism and its horrendous fallout. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I was so happy to see that Nathan and Melanie's kids get to go to the library! I'm sure they can't just check out whatever they want, but at least they are allowed to read mainstream books.

That library recently lent a lot of support to “Big Sonia,” a film-based Shoah educational organization based in Kansas City, KS.  The Maxwell children quite possibly saw a variety of displays that will have them asking their parents some questions.  (I’m pulling for Nate & Mel and choose to hope that they’re educating their children a whole lot better than was Nate.)

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 4/18/2021 at 7:48 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Colds are not necessarily contagious. Kids catch colds very easily, for example playing in the lawn in a cold day, or being under the rain, etc.

Wut? Are you being sarcastic?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I’m sure it has far more to do with the ebil, abortion loving Dems being in power than anything having to do with racism and its horrendous fallout. 

You forgot the gays.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

WTF with the persecution quote in the latest blog. Did I miss something about a round of persecution against white middle class christians?

• Upvote 12

13 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Here, some stats.  1/5th of the people in that table pic are wearing vests.  1/5th (a different 1/5th) are wearing massive-ass food catchers around their necks.

Thus, Maxwells = 40% Bib-lical In-vest-ment

My niece put a couple of those food catchers on her baby registry. To be honest, I'd never seen them before Maxhell - no babies I've been associated with have ever had them. I asked her why she wants them - it was easy to ask an invasive question like that because I am helping plan her baby shower and one of the games is guessing the wrapped baby item, so I've been asking a lot of questions about stuff on her registry (just to say I don't typically ask questions like this of my family & the choices they make).

She said she heard they're good for the food introduction period. Like, when baby is learning to use their own hands to eat & drink. 

That made sense - a bit more sturdy & with the little part on the bottom to "catch" stuff. 

But....in Maxhell, those kids are well past the food introduction stage. Why the hell do they need to wear those things, still? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Sarah honey Christians are not being persecuted in this country.  Go to Iran if you want to experience persecution.

What is she even talking about? I’m scratching my head trying to figure it out. Could she be referencing the in person church closures due to covid restrictions? Those have been going on for nearly a year, if I remember correctly. And the restrictions are starting to be relaxed now that more people are vaccinated (at least that’s the case in my neck of the words).

• Upvote 13

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

15 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I was a lifelong MN resident (with front license plates) and am now in NC and a bit taken aback by the amount of confederate flags I see on that front space. 

I'm also in NC and on one hand - I'm kind of glad they label themselves. On the other hand? UGH. 

The front plate on my black PT cruiser is this one:

Spoiler

Unknown-2.jpg.ba08262f66598806ac477290909439e9.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

21 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Mine too (here in the US south)! When did they change the name to Nutty Buddy? It's been within the last few years I think. It used to drive my sister crazy her husband called them Nutty Buddys when they were Nutty BARS thank you... and now they are Nutty Buddys.

Please let this not be a Berenstain/Barenstein Bears thing.

I’ve always considered “Nutty Buddies” to be vanilla ice cream cones topped with chocolate and chopped peanuts.

21 hours ago, Alisamer said:
Edited by smittykins
Remove duplicate post
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I’ve always considered “Nutty Buddies” to be vanilla ice cream cones topped with chocolate and chopped peanuts.

YES! Exactly! Nutty Buddy is an amazing ice cream thing, Nutty Bars are Debbie Cakes. But not anymore, apparently.

• Upvote 11

22 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

MN cop killed a man ten minutes from where Chauvin is being tried, there is a police brutality reckoning going on, and the pandemic isn’t over. I’m impressed that Sarah knows any of that TBH. 

I doubt she does. I don't think she was even fully aware of the January 6 insurrection. I think she's referring to the mere existence of the Biden-Harris administration.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

The front plate on my black PT cruiser is this one:

Hide contents

Unknown-2.jpg.ba08262f66598806ac477290909439e9.jpg

That's so cool!

I don't know if we're required to have a front license plate here, but I always put mine on my car. This is my license plate frame on the back of my car:

Spoiler

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2a1c16a51a218d33235d42eada075288.jpg

I just wish my car were blue like the Tardis, or shaped more like Serenity!

I was thinking that I hadn't seen many Confederate flags on cars lately, but then I remembered that I haven't been going out as much this last year. I don't know if that has actually changed. :my_sad:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
added thought
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

YES! Exactly! Nutty Buddy is an amazing ice cream thing, Nutty Bars are Debbie Cakes. But not anymore, apparently.

Sorry to double post, but I just did a quick search on the name "Nutty Buddy" and I have another one to add:

https://nuttybuddy.com/

Screenshots from the website:

Spoiler

1021511296_Screenshot_20210421-141108_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.981e32d28d38dd3071e72ec02d7ce752.jpg

20210421_141210.thumb.jpg.a9ead691d9b0de0c242d548182917cdf.jpg

:my_biggrin:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 16

Persecution of Christians in Maxhell consists of the following:

Abortion is legal. 
Gay and trans people can wander free in society and get legally married and have kids via birth or adoption.
Women can be voted into public office.  
Tax dollars are used to benefit people who do not follow Stevehovah’s moral code. 
Women can live independently and hold positions of leadership. 
The First Amendment gives people the right to say that Christianity is garbage and/or should not be our state religion.
The US isn’t living in a hyperreligious Christian version of 1955. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, SPHASH said:

No idea why Arnold would like Teri.

I'm sure Teri loves Arnold, probably more than her grandkids.  I'll bet he gets more than 15 minutes of her time per week!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Hane said:

Abortion is legal. 
Gay and trans people can wander free in society and get legally married and have kids via birth or adoption.
Tax dollars are used to benefit people who do not follow Stevehovah’s moral code. 
The First Amendment gives people the right to say that Christianity is garbage and/or should not be our state religion.

Sometimes it pays to listen to conservative radio.  "Issues, Etc." (issuesetc dog org) just interviewed a religion reporter (Terry Mattingly, his website is Getreligion dot com) and Hong Kong Christian leaders are being persecuted pretty badly.   Like, prison sentences just for being a sect leader persecution.  

Now, then: The particular Hong Kong Christians of whom he speaks are Roman Catholic. IIRC in past the Maxblog snarked at the sight of a defunct Catholic chapel in Colorado (IIRC), in so many words snickering that it was .... yes, a church, sure.  *Maxes rolleyes*

So I don't know if Steve would direct Sarah to research that and write about Christian persecution in a land where religions had been established and encouraged until the PRC takeover as scheduled. 

Maybe that's what he's extrapolating to say that persecution could look like in USA as governments change.  But at present, I do not see that situation here.  And granted, I am only one.  OMMV.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Hane said:

Abortion is legal. 

Adding that Christians are being persecuted because the Ebil Gummint has imposed COVID restrictions on in-person gatherings regardless of their religious status.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic