IGNORED

Alyssa and John 8: Four Daughters, a New House, and a Pool

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

These statements are incompatible Alyssa.

They're not. I don't know if Alyssa is lying or not in this particular instance, but I've always eaten as much as I wanted, and I gained all of 16 pounds with my first pregnancy. And both me and the baby were perfectly healthy and normal-sized. It happens. People are different.

• Upvote 19

7 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

It irritates me to no end that in her Q&A someone asked what her pregnancy diet is like and she said “oh I literally eat everything I want.”

A few questions later someone asked how much weight she gains during pregnancy and she replied “20 pounds with the first two.”

These statements are incompatible Alyssa. I don’t care if she wants to restrict her eating while pregnant to gain LESS than the recommended amount but don’t be flippant about it and act like you didn’t try to stay as thin as possible since that’s one of your few personality traits.

It is possible to eat what you want, even junk food, and not gain a lot of weight during a pregnancy, yet have a normal sized baby. It was my case, even with my second baby when I was in my late thirties. It's just the metabolism. 

Bodyshaming is not only mocking overweight peiole, it is also saying that thin people don't eat enough or calling them liars. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Moving on from the boring political discussion I come to FJ to escape...

Agree with previous poster that HG is a serious medical condition and can legit cause you to lose or not gain weight in pregnancy. I'm not convinced that's the whole story with Alyssa, though. I suspect she also diets and tries to stay slim in pregnancy, especially her first as a newlywed. I think the fact that she gained more weight with successive pregnancies despite claiming to get sicker with each one proves it's less about the sickness than about control and being attractive.

Sad that for her being  at the young, most attractive stage of adulthood had to coincide with married life AND having kids.

This exactly. If you read between the lines so much of what she shows and says on Instagram stories points to some disordered eating habits. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps parents should have to pass a basic exam before they can homeschool their kids to ensure they have basic reading, writing, and math skills.... I can't believe she is still saying dinning. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

39 minutes ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

Perhaps parents should have to pass a basic exam before they can homeschool their kids to ensure they have basic reading, writing, and math skills.... I can't believe she is still saying dinning. 

And Carlin just used “binje” instead of binge. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 6

Even if they have had a terrible education and don’t know how to spell it basic rules for pronunciation, use Google! They don’t even have to open a dictionary! This isn’t a quick casual text to a friend. It’s being posted publicly for thousands of people to read. It’s so careless, and either reveals how naive they are, or little they care about how it reflects on them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

18 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Moving on from the boring political discussion I come to FJ to escape...

Agree with previous poster that HG is a serious medical condition and can legit cause you to lose or not gain weight in pregnancy. I'm not convinced that's the whole story with Alyssa, though. I suspect she also diets and tries to stay slim in pregnancy, especially her first as a newlywed. I think the fact that she gained more weight with successive pregnancies despite claiming to get sicker with each one proves it's less about the sickness than about control and being attractive.

Sad that for her being  at the young, most attractive stage of adulthood had to coincide with married life AND having kids.

Uh if you find the discussion boring then why did you continue to participate and drag it out? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

I think spoiled rotten is one of our confusing southernisms. We use it pretty liberally to speak affectionately about our kids, like I give them everything they want and they don't know any meanness or want because I love them so much. I don't mean they're literally ruined or terrible children and if someone said the same to me, I'd take it to mean the kids are doted on by their parents like we've loved them so much and given them everything they've wanted so we've ruined them for polite society, lol. It's not unusual for me to respond about my kids "they're a mess" or "they're rotten" when someone compliments them. I mean it entirely affectionately. I can see why if you're not used to hearing that language it would sound like a negative thing, but really it's the opposite. Southerners often say one thing when they mean the opposite, like the now famous "bless your heart." My grandparents famously would say to folks as they were leaving the house "well, y'all stay with us" or if they were the ones leaving "Well, y'all go with us." It just meant they had a good time and enjoyed your company, and wasn't a literal invitation. My grandfather likes to tease me when I leave his house with the phrase "Come back when you can't stay so long," again he knows I know he'd be happy if I came over and never left. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

I’ve lived in Ohio for 8 years now, and hearing people say kids are rotten/ a mess etc is commonplace here as well (my city is a mixture of city and rural). Took me a while to get used to it. I’m a labor nurse and hear moms say it before the baby is even born ?‍♀️?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

23 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I think spoiled rotten is one of our confusing southernisms. We use it pretty liberally to speak affectionately about our kids, like I give them everything they want and they don't know any meanness or want because I love them so much. I don't mean they're literally ruined or terrible children and if someone said the same to me, I'd take it to mean the kids are doted on by their parents like we've loved them so much and given them everything they've wanted so we've ruined them for polite society, lol. It's not unusual for me to respond about my kids "they're a mess" or "they're rotten" when someone compliments them. I mean it entirely affectionately. I can see why if you're not used to hearing that language it would sound like a negative thing, but really it's the opposite. Southerners often say one thing when they mean the opposite, like the now famous "bless your heart." My grandparents famously would say to folks as they were leaving the house "well, y'all stay with us" or if they were the ones leaving "Well, y'all go with us." It just meant they had a good time and enjoyed your company, and wasn't a literal invitation. My grandfather likes to tease me when I leave his house with the phrase "Come back when you can't stay so long," again he knows I know he'd be happy if I came over and never left. 

Having grown up in the south, I always heard people using the phrase spoiled rotten. To me it spoke more about the caregiver or adult, as it meant they were over coddling a child. For example, my grandmother would say it about an aunt of mine who would make dinner for herself and her husband and a separate dinner for her child because the child didn't like what they were having. Or it was said about me when my dad carried me (I was 5) on the last mile of a hike from a waterfall because I didn't want to get my new shoes dirty. 

To me, as a person who was often called spoiled rotten, I viewed it as proof that I was loved and cared for and that others could see and recognize that. 

• Upvote 5

I could be totally wrong... But does it look to anyone else like Alyssa photoshopped her shorts in this photo (likely to make them appear longer)? 

Spoiler

1720530718_Screenshot_20210429-1641452.thumb.png.5c1139de1ce61610f729de18fd5adca0.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

It does look kind of like it's Photoshopped, but I have shorts almost exactly like that and I think it's just the way the panel that runs along the side of her leg is laying. I would think if she went to the trouble to Photoshop them because she was concerned about the length, she would've made them longer. They're still really short by her family's standards. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

It does look kind of like it's Photoshopped, but I have shorts almost exactly like that and I think it's just the way the panel that runs along the side of her leg is laying. I would think if she went to the trouble to Photoshop them because she was concerned about the length, she would've made them longer. They're still really short by her family's standards. 

Thanks! Thought maybe she pulled a Jana but I couldn't figure out why she would do it to herself lol it's probably just the lighting and the way the shorts fit.

• Upvote 4

Allie is almost up to Alyssa's shoulder. I think she'll be tall like her dad, and I'll be she catches up to her mom in  height with five years or so.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Allie is almost up to Alyssa's shoulder. I think she'll be tall like her dad, and I'll be she catches up to her mom in  height with five years or so.

Allie's 6. Guessing it'll be less than four years. My BFF is 5'11 and she was 5'0 by age 9 (finished growing at 13). I'm 5'3 and finished growing at 11. A few girlfriends in middle school were 6'2 at 12-years-old. Girls grow EARLY.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Johannah said:

The girls standing in a line like that is extremely creepy

You know I thought that too but then I was wondering if I was being weird. It’s just a stupid pose that makes her look like a naff try hard. (Can you tell I’m no fan) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

You know I thought that too but then I was wondering if I was being weird. It’s just a stupid pose that makes her look like a naff try hard. (Can you tell I’m no fan) 

I was getting a Sound of Music vibe and wondered if they responded on command to whistles. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Alyssa is shilling some pre cut up dinner stuff using the excuse that she is so much busier in a bigger house stating there is so much more washing because of the pool. Is it just my lazy arse that was like ahhh no. One set of swimmers each one towel each hung out to dry daily and maybe washed at the end of the week? I mean is it normal to wash swimming towels every day. Personally I would just be hanging them outside to dry near the pool to pick up and use the next day... or am I abnormal and lazy? 
edit to add if she said more time hair washing due to chlorine now that I would believe 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Kids are so hard to take pictures of - at least mine are. I was sweating, cursing, and snapping at them by the time I got my mediocre Easter pictures of them earlier this month. I also thought it was weird her girls were all just staring forward at first and then I remembered she's in a picture with four kids and that was probably the best shot of her where one of them wasn't blurred with another one trying to wander off so I gave her a pass. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Johannah said:

The girls standing in a line like that is extremely creepy

It’s a popular Instagram thing (lining up your kids like that).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Alyssa is shilling some pre cut up dinner stuff using the excuse that she is so much busier in a bigger house stating there is so much more washing because of the pool. Is it just my lazy arse that was like ahhh no. One set of swimmers each one towel each hung out to dry daily and maybe washed at the end of the week? I mean is it normal to wash swimming towels every day. Personally I would just be hanging them outside to dry near the pool to pick up and use the next day... or am I abnormal and lazy? 
edit to add if she said more time hair washing due to chlorine now that I would believe 

What in the world? We had a pool. Hang the suits and the towel up to dry and use them again the next day. They're hardly dirty--they've been used to dry clean little bodies! 

If chlorine on the kids is a concern, give the girls a rinse with the garden hose after they swim. In warm climates, the water that comes out of the garden hose is quite warm--my kids thought it was fun to rinse off.

John's the one who has extra work. If he is serving as "pool boy," he has a few extra weekly chores. Real chores, not just washing towels that are already clean. If he doesn't do his job, the pool will turn green.

OTOH, having a big house means a lot more to take care of. I could see the house causing her extra work. Plus, of course, a newborn.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic