IGNORED

Alyssa and John 8: Four Daughters, a New House, and a Pool

Coconut Flan

On 5/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, AussieKrissy said:

My child is my whole world (pretty much, I do have friends and work but you know what I mean) but in no way and shape do I want me to be her whole world.

This is so true! My kids benefited so much from their relationships with their teachers over the years. They got so much from them, things I couldn't give them for whatever reason. They helped expand my children's world with their varied experiences and backgrounds. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, MomJeans said:

I honestly cannot understand Alyssa's claim that she cleans the house while Allie is watching her Abeka videos.

How is this possible? Zoey hasn't even started school yet, and watches preschool videos, which can't be very long. Plus, there's Maci. I don't see how Alyssa can clean house with these two younger ones needing attention, even assuming that Allie and Lexi sit like soldiers in those hard plastic chairs.

My own kids could never sit in a chair, not till they were about 8. They could *climb* on chairs, wiggle around in them, stand on them, crawl under them, but not sit on them. Do Allie and Lexi really sit and watch other children learn in a far-off classroom? Seems unbelievable, unless those videos are really, really engaging (I've seen them, though, and they are basically videos of a class)

• Upvote 4

Oh the irony of one of the most superficial fundies. And let just post it with a pretty and wistful picture of myself... 

Spoiler

fundies.... 3CBC8522-ABBB-4BA4-9966-3AE80BBAE0EB.thumb.png.a358e203e0efe49b81be7a3d95da34b4.png

Spoiler

23DE5250-B794-4363-883B-4672A2C1BF37.thumb.png.ceb39711cefc6c29f9c16007287ad743.png

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh the irony of one of the most superficial fundies. And let just post it with a pretty and wistful picture of myself... 

My sentiments exactly. I have a strict policy of never commenting on fundie instas, but in this particular case I was sorely tempted to leave a sarcastic remark.

You can just tell she was really pleased with how that picture turned out… 

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Well go ahead and give all your dresses and makeup away, and those of your daughters. I dare you. In the name of the Lord. 

• Upvote 25
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

My sentiments exactly. I have a strict policy of never commenting on fundie instas, but in this particular case I was sorely tempted to leave a sarcastic remark.

You can just tell she was really pleased with how that picture turned out… 

I’m terrible at witty comments. What would yours have been? Anyone else got some pearlers? Lol 

and yes She does look rather smug with that photo. 

Oh yeah I just thought of a snarky comment I would put. 
yep all that,  and yet you still layered a six year old’s eyelashes with mascara.... 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I’m terrible at witty comments. What would yours have been?

Nothing super witty - just something along the lines of "And yet you took the time to dress up and do your make-up to take the perfect picture to go with this little sermon."

Compounding the irony, there's a bunch of people in the comments asking her where she bought the shirt she's wearing... ?

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 5/19/2021 at 4:23 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

My son is obsessed with the TV show Bluey, and when I found matching PJs from Peter Alexander, I had to buy them. They were expensive, but the joy on my sons face when we all wear our matching set is priceless.

Thought of you straight away when this popped up on your feed. I suppose you already have a set. Pity these were not available earlier. 

Spoiler

666281A0-01CD-43AC-8B89-81FD24540736.thumb.png.35697c65c0a6d42b51ac7b8265bb49f9.png

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

This thread made me question my tv taste because Bluey is one of the children’s shows I cannot stand. I make daughter watch it in another room because it irritates me so much. 

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Hide contents

fundies.... 3CBC8522-ABBB-4BA4-9966-3AE80BBAE0EB.thumb.png.a358e203e0efe49b81be7a3d95da34b4.png

Hide contents

23DE5250-B794-4363-883B-4672A2C1BF37.thumb.png.ceb39711cefc6c29f9c16007287ad743.png

Where’s the ridiculous button?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how long she spent perfectly curling her hair vs how long she spent on Bible study. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

I wonder how long she spent perfectly curling her hair vs how long she spent on Bible study. 

Or paying any quality attention to her children. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Or paying any quality attention to her children. 

Precious Blessings Sent From Heaven.™

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
punctuation aesthetics
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Precious Blessings Sent From Heaven.™

Lol I stand corrected. :) thanks for the chuckle. 

• Upvote 6

Alyssa loves The Count of Monte Cristo.

Have we all forgotten abouther passionsfor such classics? ?

In the photo above I'm curious about the need to hold my sunglasses, indoors, for a photo about not being too vain ?

... I can get my hair to do curls that look almost "done" if I put the right product in and twist it up right before bed. Bates women have good hair. I know they're still spending more time than I, and with children... but it may be less than one thinks.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Alyssa loves The Count of Monte Cristo.

Have we all forgotten abouther passionsfor such classics? ?

In the photo above I'm curious about the need to hold my sunglasses, indoors, for a photo about not being too vain ?

... I can get my hair to do curls that look almost "done" if I put the right product in and twist it up right before bed. Bates women have good hair. I know they're still spending more time than I, and with children... but it may be less than one thinks.

If I had 4 kids under 7 and fancied myself exercise and cleaning obsessed, I’d be using dry shampoo and calling it a good day. There’s just not enough time in the day to totally be focused on self care+ a good sized home+4 kids, with a newborn in the mix+ homeschooling. From the looks of things, I think homeschooling draws the short straw. 

I think immaturity has a in serious play. All smoke and mirrors...

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

These are the moments where I cannot accept that these fundies truly believe what they preach.

To put up Proverbs 31:30 with a picture of yourself in perfect hair and makeup, carefully posed, taken by someone else, likely shot until it was perfect,  means you don't actually believe in the words you are posting.  

(And I have a small soft spot for Alyssa.  I think she really hated most of her childhood.)  

But seriously.  You cannot have read the Old Testament as much as these people claim to have, and still get it so wrong. So .... it appears they don't actually believe in the words of the Bible. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 16

32 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

These are the moments where I cannot accept that these fundies truly believe what they preach.

To put up Proverbs 31:30 with a picture of yourself in perfect hair and makeup, carefully posed, taken by someone else, likely shot until it was perfect,  means you don't actually believe in the words you are posting.  

(And I have a small soft spot for Alyssa.  I think she really hated most of her childhood.)  

But seriously.  You cannot have read the Old Testament as much as these people claim to have, and still get it so wrong. So .... it appears they don't actually believe in the words of the Bible. 

I often thought that.  Too many times the words of the Bible are used to show are how serious you are while at the same time doing things that completely undermine that same message.   The Pecan Thief did an excellent example of that.  

And yes, I have a soft spot for Alyssa as well (though I think she's pretty superficial as well, I agree that she really didn't like growing up in her family home.   While I think she truly cares for John, she knew what she was doing when she got married at 19.   She wanted out of there.   I also noticed that she seems to be more distanced from her family and I am not talking about the hundreds of miles between the family homes in Tennessee and Florida.   She wants it that way.

Too bad she seems to be on the path of depriving her kids of a decent education.  Honestly if she can't manage it, then send them to school.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I often thought that.  Too many times the words of the Bible are used to show are how serious you are while at the same time doing things that completely undermine that same message.   The Pecan Thief did an excellent example of that.  

And yes, I have a soft spot for Alyssa as well (though I think she's pretty superficial as well, I agree that she really didn't like growing up in her family home.   While I think she truly cares for John, she knew what she was doing when she got married at 19.   She wanted out of there.   I also noticed that she seems to be more distanced from her family and I am not talking about the hundreds of miles between the family homes in Tennessee and Florida.   She wants it that way.

Too bad she seems to be on the path of depriving her kids of a decent education.  Honestly if she can't manage it, then send them to school.  

She wanted out, but didn't have a way of getting out without being saddled down with a bunch of babies to boot. I wonder if she privately wishes she and Michaela could trade fertility.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 5/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Thought of you straight away when this popped up on your feed. I suppose you already have a set. Pity these were not available earlier. 

Hide contents

666281A0-01CD-43AC-8B89-81FD24540736.thumb.png.35697c65c0a6d42b51ac7b8265bb49f9.png

Ohhhhh, they are very cute! I may pick DS up a pair of those ones, that way he can have double the Bluey PJ fun. Thank you for sharing!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:54 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

She wanted out, but didn't have a way of getting out without being saddled down with a bunch of babies to boot. I wonder if she privately wishes she and Michaela could trade fertility.

I think that if she was raised differently, at the sames ages she got married and starting a family, she might have been going to college, enjoying a social life, doing what a lot of single young women do in their late teens and 20s.

In her world, getting married and going to Florida was probably the closest she was able to get to that.   Unfortunately, the idea about waiting on having the babies until she was well and truly ready, instead of something she was raised to just automatically do, was something she was not raised to think about.   And probably thought it would be all great and wonderful but now she's finding out that 4 kids is a lot of work. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm not sure that they think about Michaels fertility as anything but unfortunate for her. It seems really cold and contrary to their training to think about fertility as me vs my sister. I could be wrong. It strikes me as ungodly and something they'd pray not to think.

If anything, it'd be, lord, don't give me more bblessings.

• Upvote 4

I don't even get how she has time for make up and hair and instagram. I had three under 7 (3.5-4 years apart) and I was winning if I showered lol. My youngest was a little hellion. I couldn't take my eyes off her for a second. 18 months and she was doing things like pushing a chair to the kitchen counters and climbing up and getting into the cupboards. Getting on top off the dining table and trying to hang off the chandelier like it was a piece of playground equipment. Climbing out of her crib. Climbing over the baby gates. If I would've taken the time to look like Alyssa she would've been 1/2 way to Canada. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I don't even get how she has time for make up and hair and instagram.

Blanket training would be my guess. I wouldn't even be surprised if she starts having Allie help train the littlest one. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

Pardon if this has already been discussed, but I just learned that Rep. Webster has a primary election opponent for Nov. 2022--a state legislator who thinks that Webster isn't sufficiently Trump-loving: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-ne-webster-sabatini-gop-primary-20210308-wr45bxwmcjdz5j7dma6y2fgyoy-story.html

• Rufus Bless 6
  • Eyeroll 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic