IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 16: Praise - ing Their Brooklyn All the Day Long!

nelliebelle1197

This morning I was thinking about these young families and all the babies they produce. I do think that most of the Dug couples are using some form of NFP or even barrier BC. For the couples who have been married a bit longer, I think Joe and Kendra are the only couple who either: A) have not given family size control a thought,  b) can’t figure out when Kendra is ovulating, c) they just don’t care or d) they are actively trying to out procreate his parents.

I think the likely answer is a combo of b and c.   

• Upvote 5

Question for experienced parents; my one year old is off her food lately. Still active, still laughing and the opposite, having full blown tantrums when she doesn’t get her way. It has been hot, 36 degrees and I don’t have AC so I’m assuming the heat is what’s doing it but am I taking this too lightly? Should we be going to the paediatrician? 

• WTF 1
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Question for experienced parents; my one year old is off her food lately. Still active, still laughing and the opposite, having full blown tantrums when she doesn’t get her way. It has been hot, 36 degrees and I don’t have AC so I’m assuming the heat is what’s doing it but am I taking this too lightly? Should we be going to the paediatrician

I wouldn't go to the doctor if she's acting normal and doesn't have a fever or any other signs of illness. Is she getting enough fluids? Dehydration can make you lose your appetite. Or maybe she's teething? Sometimes babies don't want to eat because of teething discomfort. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Question for experienced parents; my one year old is off her food lately. Still active, still laughing and the opposite, having full blown tantrums when she doesn’t get her way. It has been hot, 36 degrees and I don’t have AC so I’m assuming the heat is what’s doing it but am I taking this too lightly? Should we be going to the paediatrician? 

My baby used to go off her food if she had a massive poop blockage. As soon as she got it out she was back to eating and drinking normally. 

Mother's instinct is best, if you think she needs to go take her. You know her best. 

I also second that she may be teething, teething or poop blockage is my vote. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I agree that you know your child best and if you feel something is wrong it doesn't hurt to get her checked. 

That being said, once my kids hit 15-18 months they would go through streaks where they didn't eat much for several days or even a week then they might eat everything in sight for 2 or 3 days and then go back to not eating.  They also just seemed to want to graze a bit and not eat a full meal. They didn't have any health issues, it is just how they were. 

If she is acting normally, using the bathroom normally, drinking plenty of fluids and not having any obvious symptoms of being sick I'd not be overly worried, but I'd keep an eye on her and watch for any changes. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

On 8/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, SassyPants said:

There is NO tired that equals new baby tired. And this is coming from someone who worked the overnight hours for 10 years and rarely slept more than 5 hours. Thank God it was only 3 nights a week-the memory of new baby tired never faded, and my baby is going to 31 YO on 8/28.

I agree, but will state that last year when someone asked me how teaching hybrid was going I did say “I’m so tired. I’d rather have a newborn.” 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, SassyPants said:
Edited by janey
It doubled!
  • Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Thanks everyone! She’s back to vacuuming her food so I think she was just too hot. It was a bit cooler today (29 Celsius) and we went to the wading pool where she threw herself underwater repeatedly. Apparently, in one year old land this is hilarious. Supper was gobbled up. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 10

3 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Thanks everyone! She’s back to vacuuming her food so I think she was just too hot. It was a bit cooler today (29 Celsius) and we went to the wading pool where she threw herself underwater repeatedly. Apparently, in one year old land this is hilarious. Supper was gobbled up. 

Great to hear! Heat definitely plays a role. I mean - even we adults tend to be grouchy, grumpy, and less hungry when it is very hot, so it's not surprising if a baby is too.

Generally little children will sometimes eat less, sometimes more. It can be disconcerting (or annoying) at times. We had pizza yesterday, and our toddler hardly ate one slice even though she normally adores pizza. Said she wasn't hungry anymore 🤷‍♀️ As long as they stay hydrated and are not losing a significant amount of weight, try not to worry or stress too much about it. It will pass 🙂

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 8/13/2021 at 10:20 PM, Meggo said:

Jeez- the sleep deprivation alone would have killed me. We adopted (so I didn’t have that “didn’t get a lot of sleep in 3rd trimester” stuff) but I have NEVER been that tired in my life. I fell asleep talking to my sister. I regularly woke up for the 3am bottle having fallen asleep in the rocking chair from the midnight bottle and not being able to move my neck because it was as such a weird angle. I can’t imagine having given birth, being exhausted, smelling of baby spit up and then being “joyfully available” and hoping for “blessing number X” knowing I might never sleep through the night again…

shudder

I feel asleep eating pancakes. Like at the table, fork in my hand, with a piece of pancake on the fork, syrup dripping onto the plate. My Mom came in (she was helping out when my husband went back to work because I had a CSection)and was like what are you doing? I've never been so exhausted in my life.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:08 AM, SorenaJ said:

My SO and I are planning on taking alternate nights with any future babies, at least then every other night will be a good night’s sleep. 

My husband and I started a version of this when our oldest was a newborn. We each get a "Sleep In" day each week. He takes Sat and I get Sunday. My kids are 8 and 6 now but our 6 year old gets up 2-4 times a night still and our 8 year old is usually up for the day by 6:30

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

I feel asleep eating pancakes. Like at the table, fork in my hand, with a piece of pancake on the fork, syrup dripping onto the plate. My Mom came in (she was helping out when my husband went back to work because I had a CSection)and was like what are you doing? I've never been so exhausted in my life.

My husband and I started a version of this when our oldest was a newborn. We each get a "Sleep In" day each week. He takes Sat and I get Sunday. My kids are 8 and 6 now but our 6 year old gets up 2-4 times a night still and our 8 year old is usually up for the day by 6:30

My first Mother's Day - my son was all of a wee little nugget maybe three months old?- my husband asked what I wanted for Mothers Day. I said "I want to sleep till I wake up. I want to have a cup of coffee that stays hot from top to bottom and I want to take a shower, with NO ONE ELSE in the bathroom and not having one ear listening for someone to wake up." 

Deal. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 21

On 8/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, SorenaJ said:

My SO and I are planning on taking alternate nights with any future babies, at least then every other night will be a good night’s sleep. 

I read somewhere that three nights is a better swap schedule because you can actually get some restorative rest built up. It worked very well for us with the first baby when we were both working students. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

On 8/14/2021 at 12:20 PM, Meggo said:

Jeez- the sleep deprivation alone would have killed me. We adopted (so I didn’t have that “didn’t get a lot of sleep in 3rd trimester” stuff) but I have NEVER been that tired in my life. I fell asleep talking to my sister. I regularly woke up for the 3am bottle having fallen asleep in the rocking chair from the midnight bottle and not being able to move my neck because it was as such a weird angle. I can’t imagine having given birth, being exhausted, smelling of baby spit up and then being “joyfully available” and hoping for “blessing number X” knowing I might never sleep through the night again…

shudder

I feel like I still have PTSD from the sleep deprivation when we brought home turnip #1 (now 3.5). We had a snoo with turnip #2 and it was much more manageable.

I always found it incredibly hard to relate to people who would talk about how "yes it's SO exhausting but its the best feeling in the world and the happiest time!". To me that is like taking me to the top of a mountain, setting me on fire, and expecting me to appreciate the view. I don't think I loved my babies until they slept at least 4 hours at a time, and I enjoyed them infinitely more when they started sleeping through.

• Upvote 21

I can't sleep through my baby. The best thing about breast feeding this month is she has gotten adept at adjusting the boob and latching herself if she's in bed with me so I barely have to wake anymore.

The snoo was a lifesaver from months 3-5. After 12 weeks of never being able to put her down the shine was beginning to wear off a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

Lord help me if I ever need to turn to Kendra to feel inspired.. I mean, I am sure she has some nice clothes sometimes, but I remember the shirt with Baby and the arrow.. No need for fashion advice, tyvm!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She looked like a cute 19YO(?) on her wedding day. She probably is a nice person.

well, thats because she was a cute 19 YO. I totally agree she seems nice. Still wouldn't want to get fashion advice from here though. 😆 I like my bikinis too much for that

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

She is still conservative and skirts only. Not a fashion icon, and who would have time with 3 littles? I like they picked a photo with her and Joe in matching shirts, though. What an absurd article.

• Upvote 7

Every person is different. I was never tired when I had babies. Hormones helped me, I suppose. BUT toddlerhood... a complete different story. Newborns to 15 months: my dream come true. 15 months to 3 years: OMG I need coffeeeee!!!!

I would get mad if I were a quiverful fundie. A baby plus 2 toddlers, again and again and again? The definition of hell. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Lord they are scraping the bottom of barrel for articles… 

8210BDBE-71DA-4BD6-87FB-D770152C907C.png

Maybe they're willing to spend on some absurdity now in the hopes of a scoop later re. Josh?

I didn’t read or open the article. Does it look like one they got paid for and or participated in. I assumed it was just a fluff piece written with stolen pics of social media. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2021 at 10:48 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I didn’t read or open the article. Does it look like one they got paid for and or participated in. I assumed it was just a fluff piece written with stolen pics of social media. 

It was bad even for fluff click bait. 99% of it were just grabs from some Instagram photo with multiple people where you couldn’t even see most of what she was wearing. 

• Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic