IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Oh FFS. They just can't leave it alone. What a pair of assholes.

673003349_ScreenShot2021-05-02at8_49_00pm.thumb.png.a52346df2cf63102ba40ff69e7339bce.png

Lol, this from Mister I Was Helping My Elderly Parents Navigate the Internet and That's How I Accidentally Set Up an Account on Ashley Madison?

Also, didn't he just throw his mom under the bus for something?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, forgetmenow said:

Lol, this from Mister I Was Helping My Elderly Parents Navigate the Internet and That's How I Accidentally Set Up an Account on Ashley Madison?

Also, didn't he just throw his mom under the bus for something?

You would think he would run out of buses to throw relatives under.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Does he have the slightest idea what Behaviourism is?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

He's done a video (YouTube 03/04/2021) about it. I haven't watched it. 

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

You would think he would run out of buses to throw relatives under.

He's only got one bus but Lisa assures him it's REALLY big.

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

I'm not going to watch his video to find out, but I'm guessing by the style that these new posts about Skinner are mostly Lisa. As she is now studying Christian Counseling online through Liberty U, we may be getting her special take on her Godly Prof's explanation of behaviorism.

Darby has tweeted that Josh Duggar's arrest has been triggering for people like her, "who were abused in similar lifestyles." Is that what Lisa calls perpetuating "lies against their childhood"? I wouldn't put it past her.

PS -- She has a TikTok account now. If you've been waiting to see RCJR bouncing around to a Nappy Roots song, wait no more.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

As she [Lisa] is now studying Christian Counseling online through Liberty U,

Sweet Rufus, irony has died once again...

• Upvote 5

The implications of Lisa Sproul becoming a "Christian Counselor" are terrifying.

There have been a lot of studies showning that, on average, mental health professionals, counselors, psychotherapists, etc. are a lot crazier than people in other professions. It's not the profession itself that makes them go nuts. They're nuts to begin with and go looking for answers. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Where it goes off the rails is in their narcissism they think their personal struggles make them qualified to help others. A psychotherapist former friend informed me of this truth 30 years ago. And yes, he's quite nuts. On a professional level he's probably very competent. But on a personal level his life is a disaster. He has a genuine Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde personality that especially comes out when he's drinking. Gratefully he's self-aware enough to know he would have made a horrible father. So he never had children. But he's not self-aware enough to recognize he could never make a decent husband. Sadly, he did marry and I feel very sad for his wife whom he often subjects to cruel psy-op trickery.

Watch out world! Lisa Sproul will soon be a Psychology Degreed Christian Counselor™.

Do you recognize that there is a need for qualified counselors who can be a safe place and source of healing to others? With a spirit of love and compassion, you’re probably interested in a way to help those who need it. Liberty University’s online Christian counseling degree program can help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to counsel others.

Throughout our bachelor’s in Christian counseling degree online, you will develop your counseling skills. You’ll gain an understanding of human behavior and development grounded in biblical principles and leading research.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Banyan said:The implications of Lisa Sproul becoming a "Christian Counselor" are terrifying.

There have been a lot of studies showning that, on average, mental health professionals, counselors, psychotherapists, etc. are a lot crazier than people in other professions. It's not the profession itself that makes them go nuts. They're nuts to begin with and go looking for answers. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Where it goes off the rails is in their narcissism they think their personal struggles make them qualified to help others.

100% this, though I’d say that this applies equally to pastors/ministers in some denominations and traditions, and ISTM that Jr started off following in his dads footsteps and is now pursuing leadership out of a similar brand or narcissism. 

Also, re the Darby post upstream, I assume that this might lend credence to the rumours re Sitlers behaviour when he was staying at the Sprouls. 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

PS -- She has a TikTok account now. If you've been waiting to see RCJR bouncing around to a Nappy Roots song, wait no more.

I went and had a look at the content thumbnails (not the videos themselves, trying not to see Spanky twerking :shock:)

The first piece of content was about Reilly and Donovan's allegedly exploitative Insta accounts set up by the adult kids (the private accounts no-one could access) and the new content features a whole bunch of public TikToks starring Reilly and Donovan............

It seems irony has more lives than a cat (thanks @Howl).

Edited by Katzchen24
I don't want to picture or see Spanky twerking.
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I don't want to picture or see Spanky twerking.

Oh, Sweet Rufus, NO!

No one should be subjected to that. No one. Ever. The cringe factor alone could break the universe.  

• Haha 4

On 5/4/2021 at 12:00 PM, Katzchen24 said:

I went and had a look at the content thumbnails (not the videos themselves, trying not to see Spanky twerking :shock:)

The first piece of content was about Reilly and Donovan's allegedly exploitative Insta accounts set up by the adult kids (the private accounts no-one could access) and the new content features a whole bunch of public TikToks starring Reilly and Donovan............

It seems irony has more lives than a cat (thanks @Howl).

do they have zero self awareness?  I've seen no evidence of any.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

do they have zero self awareness?  I've seen no evidence of any.

None. Zip, zero, nada, but an abiding belief that they are so very special. It's a toxic situation that I don't think will end well. 

I just hope the boys come out of this situation with some shred of sanity and enough self worth to successfully launch them selves into young manhood. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/4/2021 at 12:35 AM, older than allosaurs said:

Darby has written publicly that she was one of Sitler's victims. 

That's pretty horrible :( and perhaps explains her trajectory since (I'd guess that's a really sure way of stripping ones illusions away).

Edited by stylites
correction

On 5/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Darby has written publicly that she was one of Sitler's victims. 

❤️

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

Apparently the land Spanky wanted to purchase grift for his latest church grift has been sold to someone else (YouTube video dated 6th or 7th of May).

Luckily, he seems to have decided that he doesn't need a seminary to train up new pastors as it's not an academic pursuit. He wants to do it 'organically'. But please, GIVE HIM MONEY. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been feeling a Sproul update/rant coming on.

RCJR and Lisa are busy throwing stuff against the social media wall, hoping something will stick long enough to bring in some more cash now that their real estate deal is kaput.

Spoiler

175067678_756709268342683_8923697216769976265_n.jpg.1b5f24662ebee51cf76fc2e743ae2908.jpg

As @Katzchen24 noted, they have pivoted from a brick-and-mortar campus for pastoral restoration to an online pastor training program. It's called Shepherds College, it's supposed to start in August, and RC is -- as you can see by the still from one of his many recent videos -- totally spiffed up and pumped to be promoting it. Megachurches are on the way out, he says, because they aren't intimate enough, and instead we are going to have lots of small, family-integrated churches so "we're going to need lots and lots of new pastors." But when people go to seminary, they mostly decide they want to teach at seminaries, he says, so instead we need "pastoral training colleges" that invest in "the character of pastors." (And who better to provide character training than RCJR?) So if we just send money, they will "remove the burden of seminary" for aspiring pastors (men only, of course) from all over the world.

Meanwhile, Christians need to prepare for persecution, lots of persecution. For example, Christians today are being challenged the way German congregations were during the rise of the Nazis, except this time it's the homosexual agenda -- "practicing perverts" -- who are out to get them. He spends some time explaining why it's OK to conflate gayness with Nazism and has provided this helpful graphic so we won't miss the point:

Spoiler

Unknown-3-2.jpeg.4de42a3623f3c68d536c8eb5295702d1.jpeg

He's upset with Bethany Christian Services, one of the biggest and oldest evangelical adoption agencies in the U.S., because they have recently decided to allow children to be placed with same sex couples, and also to consider race as a factor in choosing adoptive families. This means, says RC, that "the broader culture just boarded a hand basket scheduled to soon arrive in hell."

So let's review: Back when an adoption agency, quite possibly Bethany, placed Reilly and Donovan with a family that had already failed to protect their children from a serial pedophile boarding with them (Steven Sitler), failed to inform the other parents in their church about Sitler, and failed to follow up when contacted by law enforcement in Idaho after Sitler went on to molest kids at Doug Wilson's church, that was Christian adoption as it should be.

Now that Bethany is acknowledging that gay people can be good parents and the race matters in American life, we're on our way to hell.

Here's the quote that set me right off --  “Our two dark skinned teenage boys know before they are dark skinned, teenaged or boys, that they are Sprouls." So they're Scottish now? When the world treats them like Black men, can they just say, "No, actually we're Sprouls"?

One of my children is a peer counselor to other adult transracial adoptees. She has been on Zoom gatherings with grownups who have never before been in a room -- even a virtual room -- with people who look like them. They've  been raised "to not see color" as though that's all it takes for race to be irrelevant. That doesn't work. It's an lousy thing to do to kids. We can add it to the list of lousy things RCJR and Lisa have done to their children.

Edited by older than allosaurs
extraneous pic
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

Meanwhile, Christians need to prepare for persecution, lots of persecution. For example, Christians today are being challenged the way German congregations were during the rise of the Nazis, except this time it's the homosexual agenda -- "practicing perverts" -- who are out to get them. He spends some time explaining why it's OK to conflate gayness with Nazism and has provided this helpful graphic so we won't miss the point:

Wow. Just wow! I will never be able to wrap my head around the ignorance which is found in statements like this.

• Upvote 6

So Lisa popped into Julie Anne Smith's Twitter feed last night to WK Tullian Tchividjian and I don't think it went the way she thought it would.  Julie Anne held her ground really well.  I was thinking about screenshotting, but Lisa goes into some detail about her own history of abuse.  I don't think it would be wrong to document her replies, but I'm not totally comfortable doing it, even though she put it out in public.

Anyway, here's the link to the thread: 

ETA: Well, she couldn't take the heat and made her account private about 5 minutes ago after arguing last night into this morning.  I did happen to catch one screenshot (unrelated to her history of abuse), just because it made me snort laugh:

Spoiler

image.png.c73c819baca75461ffaebd0aafd7475e.png

Spanky joined in, too.  Since his Tweets aren't as personal I don't mind screenshotting those.  Also, because he's a dick.

Spoiler

image.png.aa37d71059cd8d8c425d7961237f09cc.png

Spoiler

image.png.629227e8437f37e75466c7ba35fd0b02.png

Spoiler

image.png.cc1a5d171d4d231fc1de3cbeeaeb8693.png

ETA: Ok, she's no longer private, so that lasted about 10 minutes.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Thank You 8

35 minutes ago, forgetmenow said:

So Lisa popped into Julie Anne Smith's Twitter feed last night to WK Tullian Tchividjian and I don't think it went the way she thought it would. 

Dayum.  I follow Julie Anne Smith on twitter and missed this somehow.  JA is such a super smart, kind, decent, compassionate and thoughtful person. Or course, Lisa and RC Jr. (the opposite of Julie Anne) immediately revealed themselves as the arrogant assholes they are. 

And of course, as y'all recall, fellow disgraced/scandalous semi-celeb pastor Tullian Tchividjian wrote the forward to Growing Up (With) R.C.: Truths I Learned About Grace, Redemption, and the Holiness of God.

Tullian and RC Jr. are two peas pod. I know nothing about Stacie, Tullian's 2nd wife. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

So Lisa popped into Julie Anne Smith's Twitter feed last night to WK Tullian Tchividjian and I don't think it went the way she thought it would.  Julie Anne held her ground really well.  I was thinking about screenshotting, but Lisa goes into some detail about her own history of abuse.  I don't think it would be wrong to document her replies, but I'm not totally comfortable doing it, even though she put it out in public.

Anyway, here's the link to the thread: 

ETA: Well, she couldn't take the heat and made her account private about 5 minutes ago after arguing last night into this morning.  I did happen to catch one screenshot (unrelated to her history of abuse), just because it made me snort laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c73c819baca75461ffaebd0aafd7475e.png

Spanky joined in, too.  Since his Tweets aren't as personal I don't mind screenshotting those.  Also, because he's a dick.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.aa37d71059cd8d8c425d7961237f09cc.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.629227e8437f37e75466c7ba35fd0b02.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.cc1a5d171d4d231fc1de3cbeeaeb8693.png

ETA: Ok, she's no longer private, so that lasted about 10 minutes.

I was on this thread last night and into today. I didn't know who Lisa was. She and RC got a lot of pushback. I found you guys after googling her because her take on Tchividjian & victims was so awful. It turns out Lisa is the true victim. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 5.42.05 AM.png

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

3 minutes ago, TF1 said:

I was on this thread last night and into today. I didn't know who Lisa was. She and RC got a lot of pushback. I found you guys after googling her because her take on Tchividjian & victims was so awful. It turns out Lisa is the true victim. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 5.42.05 AM.png

The woman who lives to destroy other people has the audacity to accuse another of bullying? That’s rich.

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

The woman who lives to destroy other people has the audacity to accuse another of bullying? That’s rich.

That would be the same woman who lies about her husband's deceased first wife & publicly reviles the adult children of that marriage.

She & Spanky are fucking monsters, as is Tullian. No wonder they stick up for each other.

I just wish that the minor Sproul children still in their home could leave immediately.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

On 3/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, hoipolloi said:

Excellent point and, sadly, probably true. There is no evidence that Queen Lisa has any gainful employment, her MaryKay business & whatever else notwithstanding. Spanky only grifts -- that's all he knows how to do now.  

It absolutely originates with Queen Lisa, and Spanky is happy to go along. What a toxic pair. 

I have it on good authority (Lisa herself), that she is a medical professional studying for a degree in counseling. She mentioned it today several times in a thread to demonstrate her authority to speak on abuse in churches. 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

That would be the same woman who lies about her husband's deceased first wife & publicly reviles the adult children of that marriage.

She & Spanky are fucking monsters, as is Tullian. No wonder they stick up for each other.

What absolute monsters they are. 

Victim-blaming, victim-shaming, pretending to be good Christians while publicly supporting paedophiles and domestic abusers. There is no depth these two can't sink to. 

26 minutes ago, TF1 said:

I have it on good authority (Lisa herself), that she is a medical professional studying for a degree in counseling. She mentioned it today several times in a thread to demonstrate her authority to speak on abuse in churches. 

I'm pretty sure she's doing some kind of course in biblical counselling, which I translate to mean she's learning how to tell women to suck it up at one of those online bible courses.

This leads me to the following thought...... I wonder what their take on the Josh Duggar crimes are. My predictions are that they will find some way to blame Anna and Satan. They have shown themselves to be supportive of abusers in the past, and I don't see how they can condemn Duggar when they've stood by Sitler and Wilson. They've put themselves in the position where they have to be supportive of the redemption story, because without that, Spanky is just an alcoholic creep and Lisa is a three times divorced crazy person (as far as I'm concerned, there's no redemption for any of them - Sitler, Wilson, Spanky, or Duggar).

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic