IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, LydiaAnn said:

Well, guess who has ANOTHER book coming out....? It’s a pop up on Lisa’s blog. 

https://thepurposedrivenwife.com/motherhood/f/unspoken-truths

C7F076D9-2129-4A62-B0F6-AA9D95BA5AA5.png

I clicked on "Learn More" and got a site that said, "Looks Like This Domain Isn't Connected To A Website Yet!" Putting the cart before the horse, Your Royal Majesties King RC and Queen Lisa, Mrs. and Mr. Reverend Doctor Pastor Bon Vivants Sproul?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, bea said:

Craft beer and Christian liberty.

I guess you can start a podcast about ANYTHING.

Podcasts about some combination of alcohol and theology are a dime a dozen among Reformed guys in their 20s and 30s.  Usually bearded hosts, occasionally cigars make an appearance.  

It's the young Reformed male version of being a basic white girl. 

• WTF 1
  • Haha 12

13 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Putting the cart before the horse,

The Wayback Machine last crawled innersanctumpublishing.com Nov 1, 2020. The site went offline sometime after then. They also have a Facebook page but the last entry was from 2012. Apparently not a viable publisher.  

Amazon shows the publication date of the paperback version of Call Me Barabbas was January 1, 2020.  Here's the description of Call Me Barabbas by Paul Derry and RC Sproul Jr:

Call Me Barabbas looks at the journey of both Paul Derry and R.C. Sproul Jr. Paul Derry, having a dramatic conversion after a life of scandalous living and R.C. Sproul Jr. having scandal in his life long after conversion. R.C. Sproul told Paul, "You and I know that Jesus came to save sinners. The people in the world you came from know they are sinners but need to learn Jesus saves. The people in the world I came from (Reformed evangelicals) know Jesus saves, but need to learn they are sinners."

"...R.C. Sproul Jr. having scandal in his life long after conversion."  I don't think Dr. Rev. Pastor RC Sproul Jr has a clue what "conversion" means.

2 the fact of changing one's religion or beliefs or the action of persuading someone else to change theirs: my conversion to the Christian faith.  Christian Theology repentance and change to a godly life.

For the life of me I just can't see it how RC Jr is converted. All I see is one ginormous pile of stinky rotting hypocrisy. If anyone sees some evidence of RC Jr's "conversion" please explain it to me.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

Interesting name for the Amazon reviewer: 

WIKI: Deo Vendice is Latin for "(With) God (as our) defender/protector"

Also the motto of the Confederacy. 

• WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Interesting name for the Amazon reviewer: 

WIKI: Deo Vendice is Latin for "(With) God (as our) defender/protector"

Also the motto of the Confederacy. 

From the name I'm guessing Deo Vendice is a "Southern Sympathizer." RC Sproul Jr also identified as a Southern Sympathizer for some years. Like many other Southern Sympathizers he identified theologically with "old South Presbyterians" like Robert Lewis Dabney. Same goes for Doug Wilson. Wilson however took things to the extreme, earning himself the label "Neo-Confederate." The release of Doug Wilson's Southern Slavery as It Was, a so-called "biblical justification for slavery," caused many Presbyterian Southern Sympathizers to repudiate Wilson. They were cool with the South but not onboard with justifying slavery. Later came Junior's defrocking. Wilson cleaned Sproul's dirty laundry and re-ordained him in his "Confederation" (he seriously called it that). Between being defrocked and then teaming up with a slavery apologist, Sproul earned the ire of Presbyterian Southern Sympathizers. Getting defrocked, joining a slavery apologist's Confederation, and then publicly saying that slavery apologist is "one of my best friends," probably isn't a great way to hold onto your fan base, including even among Southern Sympathizers.

Edited by Banyan
  • Thank You 7

12 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Sproul earned the ire of Presbyterian Southern Sympathizers.

IIRC, a lot of this happened when he & Denise adopted two Black children, after which they received a shit ton of abuse from the kinists & related factions in the largely white evangelical Christian world. 

It was incredibly disgusting & vile. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 2

Birds of a feather flock together........ I don't really know a lot about Tullian Tchividjian, just enough to know there's no great surprise that they're being promoted by Spanky and the Queen.

Spoiler

1357296038_ScreenShot2021-03-10at7_56_41pm.thumb.png.e246657aaa88143c239b4be0e6c40d3e.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

41 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Birds of a feather flock together........ I don't really know a lot about Tullian Tchividjian, just enough to know there's no great surprise that they're being promoted by Spanky and the Queen.

Yup, when you think about the parallels between the two couples...I'm sure Lisa especially identifies. 

• Upvote 2

In my previous comment I said that RC Sproul Jr was, and perhaps still is, a Southern Sympathizer. But I was careful to draw the distinction between what I consider the rather moderate "Southern Sympathizer" position and neo-Confederates like Doug Wilson who defend slavery and/or advocate for the secession of Southern States ("the South shall rise again"). Since posting that I've had suspicions that it may have gone beyond a mere Southern Sympathizer position with RC Jr. So I did a little digging.

There were rumors floating around in the 1990s that RC Sproul Jr was a member of the League of the South. LoS defends slavery and Southern State secession. It's reasonable therefore to label LoS members neo-Confederates. I'm unable to verify that RC Jr was ever an LoS member. But what I can now verify is that while he was still ordained in the Associate Presbyterian Church he became an ardent supporter of Pastor Martin Murphy of York Presbyterian Church in York Alabama. Murphy was himself an LoS member. The LoS President also became a member of York Presbyterian. Legal testimony reflects that Murphy pressured York Presbyterian members to join the LoS. When those efforts failed Murphy attempted to pack his church with LoS members from outside the area by encouraging them to join the church. Most LoS members who joined York Pres lived nowhere near York and couldn't regularly attend. But having them on the church roles furthered Pastor Murphy's agenda. The existing York Presbyterian members viewed it all as a neo-Confederate hostile takeover.   Murphy wound up in legal hot water and was legally removed from his church. RC Jr wrote an article entitled The League Against The South, supporting Pastor Murphy while excoriating the ARP. Sproul demitted his ARP ordination over the incident.

Again, I have no proof RC Jr was ever an LoS member, and I'm not going to claim that he is anything beyond a Southern Sympathizer. But RC Jr's vociferous support of Pastor Martin Murphy's LoS hostile takeover of his church makes for some really bad optics.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

1089615561_ScreenShot2021-03-15at9_14_07AM.thumb.jpg.9236f2295b7f0b8bbce319835cf5932f.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd assumed Mr. and Mrs. Pastor Rev. Dr. Sproul Jr, D.Min. had run out of people to throw under the bus. How foolish of me! In this latest episode they start in trashing ministry friends and associates. They name more people than they have in all prior episodes combined. Don't ever underestimate the ability of pathological narcissists to play the victim in perpetuity. When you have an insatiable craving for victimhood you can always come up with more names of perceived enemies.

• Thank You 10

4 hours ago, Banyan said:

They name more people than they have in all prior episodes combined.

Had some filing to do so played this while getting the work done.

Not a lot is new here except that, somehow, Tim Bayly is also now a villain in their story. Spanky & Lisa go after James & Stacy McDonald some more, including a dump on Young Living oils.

They both talk about a visit from CPS -- called to their house by vengeful family members -- but claim that there was no investigation or action taken because there was nothing to investigate.

• Thank You 9

They are all about nurturing wounds, revenge, marinating in anger over perceived ill treatment.  It's sad really. There's no true spirituality, no growth, no caring, love, light or forgiveness -- nothing positive.  Lisa and The Spank truly do bring out the worst in each other. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not a lot is new here except that, somehow, Tim Bayly is also now a villain in their story. Spanky & Lisa go after James & Stacy McDonald some more, including a dump on Young Living oils.

RC 2.0 did the heavy lifting, giving us a complete rundown of the newest members on the Spanky/Lisa hit parade of hate (the rest of the comment is worth a click to read too):

98562091_ScreenShot2021-03-15at7_01_39PM.thumb.jpg.f170409d8e56999bfcfbd14b95597089.jpg

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 10

I've learned to screen shot interesting new comments on RC Jr's YouTube channel. If they're good they usually don't stay up more than a day. I'm thinking Lisa is the one with the heavy hand on the Delete button. I shot this one before going out for lunch. By the time I got back sure enough it's gone.

814393663_ScreenShot2021-03-15at8_57_27PM.thumb.jpg.3e8e410f635ae11964d90df4cd020784.jpg227239615_ScreenShot2021-03-15at9_00_46PM.thumb.jpg.825820ff564f06f523d43c1003972de8.jpg

• Thank You 7

3 hours ago, Banyan said:

RC 2.0 did the heavy lifting, giving us a complete rundown of the newest members on the Spanky/Lisa hit parade of hate (the rest of the comment is worth a click to read too):

Wow that's quite a list. I would humbly suggest to Spanky and Queen Lisa that if such a large number of people were telling you you fvcked up, then you've fvcked up. No amount of verbal wriggling will let them off this hook. They need to STFU on this topic forever. FOREVER. This is a really bad look for a wanna-be grifter pastor. I still want to know if they're doing this as click-bait. The majority of Spanky's other videos have very few views.

The League of the South rabbit hole mentioned by @Banyan earlier is horrifying. It would be no surprise to me if Spanky sympathised with their cause. At least one of his recent Vlogs demonstrates a fairly confused view of what fascism/Nazism is and I'd be interested to know why this topic is on his mind at the moment. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Sacred Marriage Under Fire is simply a Lisa grievance platform.  I mean, why even name it that, because who cares? 

Were they growing spiritually, it would be about growing spiritually and emotionally and arriving at forgiveness in a difficult situation, BECAUSE JESUS. Jesus was 100% about forgiving those who persecuted him, a point which seems to have escaped the Demitted Ordination Reverend Pastor Dr. DUI (Do you even know who my Dad is?) RC Jr. and his sacred hot wife. 

Instead, Lisa promotes the victim narrative and attacks anyone she thinks may have slighted her.  That's it.  It's all they have to offer.  There's zero inspirational message. It's painful to contemplate how awful this is and they have ZERO insight into how it's being perceived by any sane reader. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

It's amazing, really. Junior used to be a lot better at the branding involved in church planting. This is a long way from the "Simple, Separate, Deliberate Kingdom" that had so many headships and wannabe prairie muffins breathlessly taking up new lives as homesteaders in Mendota, Virginia. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, mountaineer said:

It's amazing, really. Junior used to be a lot better at the branding involved in church planting. This is a long way from the "Simple, Separate, Deliberate Kingdom" that had so many headships and wannabe prairie muffins breathlessly taking up new lives as homesteaders in Mendota, Virginia. 

Maybe that slogan was Denise's input.

-----

Lisa has taken to Facebook to trash Lori Anne Thompson, an early accuser of Ravi Zacharias. She says that being herself a victim of sexual abuse, she -- Lisa -- knows how to sniff out fakes and Lori is fake because she lacks shame.

Then, to prove that irony is dead, she writes: "Being a celebrity victim brings entitlement, pity, and freedom to slander others. But is it true? Are you really a victim or just using victimization as a platform."

Edited by older than allosaurs
Saw something else to snark about
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

Lisa has taken to Facebook to trash Lori Anne Thompson, an early accuser of Ravi Zacharias.

Lisa might be the only person who does not now believe Lori Anne Thompson's accusations against Ravi Zacharias. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

Lisa might be the only person who does not now believe Lori Anne Thompson's accusations against Ravi Zacharias. 

I haven't followed the Lori Anne Thompson story. But I do find it crazy-ironic that Lisa makes reference to sexting in her comment.

1434474652_ScreenShot2021-03-16at5_50_08PM.thumb.jpg.df3952c85ba1242a5d488255c2a42cbd.jpg

Really stupid of Lisa bringing up sexting. That's a topic she should never EVER talk about. Is this some sort of diversion from her own sexting scandal? Even worse Lisa forced her teenage son to take nude photos of her to send RC Jr. Then she showed her son photos of RC Jr's dick. How is that not "Being groomed as an innocent child unaware"?  RC Jr and Lisa were sexting each other while she was still married to her third husband, while she was in "objective counseling" with RC Jr, and while he was getting paid six figures as the Rector of Ligonier Ministries' Reformation Bible College. While "objective counseling" Lisa he encouraged her to divorce her husband so he could marry her. The moment she filed for divorce he went to Fort Wayne to propose marriage. If that's not conspiring to steal another man's wife I don't know what is. 

But, yeah Lisa, you're the moral authority. Judging and condemning the sins of others while diverting attention away from your own far worse sins is what pathological narcissists do.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 2
  • Love 1

This comment from Lisa Sproul reveals far more than she likely intended:

1381412280_ScreenShot2021-03-16at6_39_11PM.thumb.jpg.e842ba29198b103c9fea65a8f4cd71d3.jpg2144473311_ScreenShot2021-03-16at6_38_49PM.thumb.jpg.2140cc71dd4367fd70ecc3bbaad885d7.jpg

I view Lisa as a "pathological victim." But "professional victim" works too. So thanks again, Lisa. I'll be liberally using the term "professional victim" from here on out when I speak of Lisa Sproul.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

31 minutes ago, Banyan said:

But, yeah Lisa, you're the moral authority. Judging and condemning the sins of others while diverting attention away from your own far worse sins is what pathological narcissists do.

I don't think self-reflection before judging is Spanky and PV's (I like Professional Victim) super power. I noticed this little piece of wisdom on their FB page earlier. 

378569490_ScreenShot2021-03-17at10_17_46am.thumb.png.c0c39e7d081ef6391a66332911c9cf23.png

"We are judged but do not learn repentance." An unintentionally true statement? 

And the fact that she's paying attention to anything that human boil YogiOabs says means there's more revolting depths to be plumbed here.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

New comment on SMUrF 9 which I'm positive won't be deleted. My vote is definitely on PV this time.

Spoiler

1201830816_ScreenShot2021-03-17at11_11_56am.thumb.png.db73bdc37988efe4ebf55d65002d34ab.png

I'm supposed to be studying for a tutorial this afternoon, but this is way more entertaining.

Edited by Katzchen24
I forgot to put the screen dump under a spoiler.
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic