IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I keep up with this topic just to see if he ever gets a true comeuppance, but I always feel grimy from the time I see there's a new post, to a few moments until after I've been able to turn my mind to something good .... like Henry Golding, or cute puppies.

It's my firm and sad belief that he will never get his comeuppance. He has too much privilege behind him to ever have to truly face himself. Spanky's God is fashioned in his own image and will never require him to be held accountable for the damage he's done (I suspect Queen Lisa thinks she's scruffing Jesus as well).

Spoiler

IMG_2337.thumb.JPG.30255f3cbc2710b6fe5dbe09815cce38.JPG

I can't offer much apart from Molly-girl when she was only just bigger than the pigs ears she loves to chew on.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

47 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

It's my firm and sad belief that he will never get his comeuppance. He has too much privilege behind him to ever have to truly face himself. Spanky's God is fashioned in his own image and will never require him to be held accountable for the damage he's done (I suspect Queen Lisa thinks she's scruffing Jesus as well).

Hide contents

IMG_2337.thumb.JPG.30255f3cbc2710b6fe5dbe09815cce38.JPG

I can't offer much apart from Molly-girl when she was only just bigger than the pigs ears she loves to chew on.

That’s precisely what I need!! So many thanks you’s!!!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 2

Pastor Rev. Dr. RC Sproul Jr, D.Min. has a new article entitled I Won't Tell in which he takes an oblique swipe at Lori Anne Thompson,

Sellers of Silence

What should we think, however, when instead of someone offering to buy the silence of another, someone offers to sell their silence to another? Suppose, for instance, Person A knows that Person B has done something wicked, something that would, if found out, rightly ruin Person B’s reputation, work, future income, marriage, life. Person A knows what Person B did, having shared in the evil deeds. Suppose that Person A is persuaded, having participated with Person B in his shameful acts, that Person B is a menace, a danger to others that should be stopped, and exposed. Suppose Person A, instead of humbly acknowledging her own guilt in the matter, instead of bravely, publicly exposing Person B in order to protect others, offers her silence, at the price of $5,000,000. “Give me the millions,” she says, “and I won’t tell anyone what we’ve done.” A real victim doesn’t throw future victims under the bus by selling her silence for the right price.

It never ceases to amaze me how RC Jr never passes up an opportunity to point the accusatory finger at others while completely ignoring his own grievous sins. Projection and deflection. Much of what he says in the article applies to his Steven Sitler pedophile coverup scandal in which it's alleged he received a payoff to buy his silence. If he did receive a payoff he most likely had to sign an NDA, which means he can't say anything about the Sitler scandal, one way or the other. The fact that he hasn't said anything about it since it's been exposed only adds weight that what's been reported is accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa C. Sproul just can't hold herself back from using the opportunity of sharing a memory to launch another round of passive-aggressive attacks against her enemies family.

296776262_ScreenShot2021-04-13at8_56_54AM.thumb.jpg.d6ef44503264692073b70cbaf21779b1.jpg

• Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 1

Paul Maxwell, formerly a writer for Desiring God, just renounced his Xtian faith. I linked to the article about this on the Exvangelical thread. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Paul Maxwell, formerly a writer for Desiring God, just renounced his Xtian faith. I linked to the article about this on the Exvangelical thread. 

Spanky is such a piece of shit. I've been keeping an eye on his YouTube stuff and there's a couple that reflect this attitude. There's one particular video where he seems convinced that atheists are people who do believe in god but pretend they don't. He may have spoken to an atheist or two, but I don't think he's ever listened to one.

Exvangelicals wouldn't be a thing if being a xtian wasn't pain and trauma-filled for a lot of people. Exvangelicals wouldn't be a thing if assholes like Spanky and Doug Wilson didn't actively support paedophiles like Steven Sittler and suppress the victims of their crimes.

He and the PV totally deserve each other.

Note: I've just watched 'The Sin of Father Amaro' and I'm angry all over again.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I went down a bit of a Twitter rabbit hole thanks to @Howl. I'm so glad people are calling Spanky out for his hateful words, but I hate the fact that it's getting him attention. I still think he's doing this kind of shitposting to make get himself followers.

I also noted this treasure posted by PV. As soon as someone starts talking about bloodlines we're in white supremacist territory as far as I'm concerned.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 3.26.33 pm.png

Edited by Katzchen24
Formatting
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Jr's doubling down and gaslighting hard in his replies:

"I didn't mean I want them to suffer, that's all in your head!"

"When I said I'm praying that they'll experience unbearable pain, I meant it in a KIND way!  Now you're being mean!"

"And I mean this in the most merciful way possible, honest!"

Ugh.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Thank You 4

Yuck, reminds me of my ex (who, since the divorce, has decided he’s been called to ministry ?).

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Deciphering Lisa's convoluted social media posts is often a lot like solving a complex riddle. Take for example the following screenshots.

1758894405_ScreenShot2021-04-18at2_35_38PM.thumb.jpg.64c48fc97de3a1e9b600b6c72e96dd53.jpg

699496485_ScreenShot2021-04-18at2_36_17PM.thumb.jpg.59851ebccc72a4c3acb9b29c69a6f943.jpg

1374950080_ScreenShot2021-04-18at2_42_33PM.thumb.jpg.9255cd5f44f8fa66631646d83c82f208.jpg

1186378870_ScreenShot2021-04-18at2_41_28PM.thumb.jpg.ddd3c57fa7147617f1b18275dbb5b332.jpg

1258148410_ScreenShot2021-04-18at3_02_52PM.thumb.jpg.f7891492a65d127c3a1d3284d4d13de8.jpg

I get that she's telling the world that she was right and her ex was wrong about something 7 years ago. But other than that does anyone comprehend what this family mess is Lisa is going on about? Any ideas what any of this means?

Edited by Banyan
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 5

I'd guess that the daughter sided with the dad against Lisa, perhaps blamed Lisa for the dad going to prison?  Or something? Lisa is a serious drama queen, so who knows. 

Is there a word for revenge posting social media posts from long ago?  Keep in mind, THIS WAS SAVED FROM 2014.  That was four phones and three computers ago in my life. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

The way she's vague-booking seems to imply some sort of incest.  With anyone else, I would assume I was reading too much into her clumsy writing, but this is the same woman who tiptoed around accusing her predecessor of adultery until she actually blatantly and clearly stated it.  Not saying there was any sort of abusive relationship with her husband and her (his, also?) daughter, just that maybe that it suits her smeary purposes for people to assume so.

Having read enough of her delusional familial hit jobs, I'm more inclined to believe that she gaslit her ex into apologizing for things he may not have done.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

If Lisa is talking about her 3rd husband, Dr. David Ringel, and her adult daughter, Sarah Kelley, I'm 99% sure that's David's stepdaughter, not bio-daughter. IIRC, Lisa had a son, Jordan, with David, but her daughters, Sarah and Heather, were from her previous marriages.

Sarah has publicly come to David's defense concerning his legal issues, basically blaming his troubles on a new medical practice he had just joined (supposedly not knowing that the other physicians there were being shady with 'scripts) and getting busted along with them by virtue of proximity.

Not idea if that's true or not, but Lisa has been trying to trash David as much as possible, in order to justify her divorce (and subsequent marriage to Spanky), and, like the true narcissist Lisa is, probably feels like Sarah's defense of David is a betrayal of biblical proportions.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

From the horse's mouth: her recent FB post recaps her marital history. 

Bonus: there are additional photos of Spanky's & Lisa's wedding. 

857631178_QueenLisasMaritalHistory.thumb.jpg.cfbca80161cfd65e2b98ede742f2c721.jpg

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 7

"God's richest outpouring came as a gift wrapped in Sproul clothing."

Yeah, I don't think her highness is going for a metaphor here. She set her sights on Spanky because she viewed him as an upgrade (as she no doubt viewed Dr. Ringel once upon a time). Without the promise of the Sproul bucks, she'd have never spared him a second glance. Or probably a first.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

The latest SMURF episode is up on YouTube, and for once, no-one has been thrown under the bus. Instead they're talking about their favourite subject - themselves! I read the transcript so no-one else has to. I didn't seen anything of interest.

As for the FB stuff, I think Her Highness is missing an important point, specifically the point below. Most of us don't give a toss how many people she marries and divorces, it's the hypocrisy we choke on. 

On 4/14/2021 at 6:15 AM, Howl said:

In one of Spanky's videos (Why are some Old Testament laws no longer binding? 10/04/2021) he performs a magnificent piece of not answering his own question with some really woolly thinking.

"but what i want us to do given our short amount of time is to remember that the fact that the law may change in differing circumstances doesn't mean that god has changed it doesn't mean that righteousness has changed it means that circumstances have changed Jesus has come everything that pointed toward him to go back to it would be to deny that he has come so don't get too uptight about this now"

I get what he's trying to say, but it doesn't work in my opinion. When they condemn one action but excuse another they're playing semantic games. I think they're using this kind of fuzzy thinking to excuse their behaviour. Either the Bible says you can do it, or you can't. As far as I can tell, the OT allowed divorce under whatever reasons, but JC said NO this is wrong and only death can separate a married couple. The NT says adultery is a valid reason for divorce, and that maybe explains why Spanky is so keen to slander Denise. It doesn't explain Her Highness's track record. 

Either way, I think Lisa is becoming more unstable and drifting into some dangerous territory. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

After all the horrible things Lisa Sproul has said about the late Denise Sproul, Lisa now informs gaslights us that she once did something nice in relation to Denise. So you see, Lisa doesn't really deserve the reputation of being an odious narcissistic psychobitch. Yes, she destroyed all the family photos of Denise. But just look at what a wonderful thing she did for Maili.

575702187_ScreenShot2021-04-22at3_07_24PM.thumb.jpg.a33ef9895e80b6badb90e6e3f71f0f49.jpg

Edited by Banyan
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

I think we're all missing the great tragedy here....

Several years ago

Lisa did a thing, and she's waited YEARS to receive head pats for it. SEVERAL YEARS.

Forget dying of cancer in your 40s and being constantly maligned on social media by your longtime husband (father of your eight children).

Won't anyone think of Lisa and HER pain??? :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 12

At this points Lisa simply disgusts me. And so does Spanky. I feel so sorry for the Sproul kids.

I know that photos can't replace a person, but I hope that Denise's family has lots and lots of pictures of her so that her children have some form keepsake.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Oh FFS. They just can't leave it alone. What a pair of assholes.

673003349_ScreenShot2021-05-02at8_49_00pm.thumb.png.a52346df2cf63102ba40ff69e7339bce.png

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 9

My version: 

"When children blame their wickedness on you," we (RC and Lisa) wallow in our god of self pity... 

I'm going to resurrect irony so it can die yet again. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Oh FFS. They just can't leave it alone. What a pair of assholes.

673003349_ScreenShot2021-05-02at8_49_00pm.thumb.png.a52346df2cf63102ba40ff69e7339bce.png

They seriously don’t see their 3 fingers pointing RIGHT back at them.  Indeed, they take stupidity to a brand-new low. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic