IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

"Though You Slay Me-- Shane and Shane"

Evanjellyfish song or gay fashion blog? You decide! 

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

It may have been his dancing.  I don't have kids, but would I disinherit one for dancing like this?  I mean, maybe...

Reveal hidden contents

OMG why is this video? I'm pretty sure I mentioned somewhere upthread my lack of interest in seeing Spanky twerk. *sigh* I can only blame myself for looking under the spoiler.

As for Spanky and Lisa, the struggle to be the victims of EVERYONE's persecution is real y'all.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Whoa... he didn't just "remove his blessing off" the wedding... he acutely removed it!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

I just have to wonder what lies ahead for these two, because (as far as we can tell) there is no income stream for a family of four that includes two teen boys who presumably eat a LOT and a hefty mortgage payment on a large house that costs a lot to heat and cool. 

Also, is this a passive aggressive shout-out to Vesta to send $$$$ for the boys?

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Whoa... he didn't just "remove his blessing off" the wedding... he acutely removed it!

Yeah, I thought Spanks was more of a "chronic" type of guy, but you know what they say about the love of a good woman total psycho. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

On 6/8/2021 at 6:47 AM, Antipatriarch said:

Yes, but don't forget that acute removal (whatever that's supposed to mean) of Spanky's blessing was for some unspecified "heinous behaviors." And what constitutes heinous behaviors? As defined by Lisa anyone who disagrees, challenges or calls her out is guilty of heinous, wicked, diabolically evil, etc. behaviors. Anyone still trying to figure how Lisa fails to see that Spanky isn't guilty of heinous behaviors? As long as he continues to always agree and kiss her feet Lisa can overlook everything else he does. Quoting from  Has RC Sproul Jr Gone Completely Insane?

From the beginning of the marriage Lisa Sproul set about to sabotage the Sproul family, employing some of the worst forms of parental alienation imaginable. As an example, there's the marriage of Delaney Sproul to Joshua Phillips on September 29, 2017. RC Jr had accepted the couple's request to officiate the wedding. But Lisa sabotaged the Sproul family once again. At the last minute she insisted they boycott the wedding. As he'd consistently done with Lisa's prior demands, RC Jr submitted to his wife. The minor Sproul children were also prohibited from attending. RC Sproul Sr. saved the day, stepping in to officiate the wedding.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Banyan said:

Yes, but don't forget that acute removal (whatever that's supposed to mean) of Spanky's blessing was for some unspecified "heinous behaviors."

Oh but he did specify. It's on one of the Sacred Marriages videos/transcripts a few months back. When he found out that Delaney was included in whatever discussions the older sibs were having about Lisa, and that Jtits evidently knew about it, he ordered them to cancel or at least postpone the wedding a year so they could brood on their sins and repent. When they, being grown-ass adults, declined to do that he withdrew his blessing and boycotted the ceremony. That apparently was the final straw for Vesta.

I remain mystified that he thought laying all this out, out loud and online, would gain him sympathy.

Edited by older than allosaurs
to try to make sense
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

10 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I remain mystified that he thought laying all this out, out loud and online, would gain him sympathy.

It's driven by narcissist needs.  The narcissist is ever the perpetrator; always the victim who deserves sympathy.  Victimhood is also used to justify seeking retribution/revenge. 

"he ordered them to cancel or at least postpone the wedding a year so they could brood on their sins [against Spanky] and repent"

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

Per RC-Lisa Facebook:
(the song itself if only available to her friends, I guess)

At this time 5 years ago, I was warfaring in prayer for RC. He had begun pursuing me, but God showed me I needed to pray for this man to come out of the valley of dry bones. 14 days of intense 7-10hours on my face interceding. This was one of the songs I played as I prayed.

God moved RC out of that valley and into life.

I have a question for those more theologically versed than I am. What is the deal with intercessory prayer? If you already believe that God has planned out every detail of your life, every trial and triumph, why would it help to pray about it? Is God a kind of forgetful deity who needs reminding? Isn't this transactional religion the kind of stuff that the Reformation was supposed to eliminate?

And also, did Lisa log her time during those 14 days? It's so weirdly precise.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

So interesting that Lisa realized right up front that RC was a train wreck in progress.  For example, when she was originally talking about the day that RC Jr. was arrested for driving shit faced drunk (after they were married, no less), it seemed she had zero idea about his raging alcoholism. 

Maybe the Valley of Dry Bones was his emotional state,  but I don't recall her ever having mentioned this before in any context. 

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, Howl said:

For example, when she was originally talking about the day that RC Jr. was arrested for driving shit faced drunk (after they were married, no less), it seemed she had zero idea about his raging alcoholism. 

Lisa knew he had a serious drunk driving problem, and "laughed it off."

On the way to him proposing he actually hit and ran over a median bc he was drunk…. But she ignored it.. and laughed it off…

Good reply from Katherine:

Lisa knew RC was a drunk but married him anyway? I've known a lot of women who have a rescue complex. They're drawn to men they know have major problems thinking it'll all work out because they can fix them. Makes them feel important to rescue a man. It rarely works out like they think it will.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

If you think the gross, drunk driving R.C. was bad, you should have seen him in the valley of dry bones before he was extricated by Lisa's intercessory prayers!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Banyan said:

Lisa knew he had a serious drunk driving problem, and "laughed it off."

Good reply from Katherine:

While "I can fix him!" is very much a thing, I rather doubt it was Lisa's mindset. I think she assumed that Precious was guaranteed his Ligonier/RBC positions (and their salaries) by birthright, and as long as her bills were paid, she was more than happy to overlook his myriad issues. 

I'd even go a step further, and be willing to bet that Lisa tried to "cool girl" it, at least before they married, and before the ramifications of the DUI. "Baby, I'm not like your (mom/first wife/daughters)! I understand that you're a strong, virile man with everything TOTALLY under control! I would never DREAM of trying (however gently) to correct you! I think everything you do is perfect!" Spanky is the sort of man who (until recently) had ever received much push-back, and absolutely could not handle it when he got it. I'm sure that if Lisa fed him a line of BS like that, he would have eaten it up with a spoon and asked for seconds and thirds.

I don't think she ever seriously considered that he might be cut off. I also think she vastly underestimated the flak they would get over Lisa being being a 3 time divorcee (a bit unfairly, I think, as it's the least of my issues with Lisa, but fundies gonna fundie). I'm sure that Lisa thought she'd step into the role of Queen of the Cult, with a built in audience for whatever home business philosophy or MLM she was selling at a given time, and it obviously did not work out that way.

• Upvote 9

I keep wondering if there is still $$$ coming in from Vesta/Ligonier to cover basic expenses just to keep the boys from being homeless. Are they refinancing the house? Accruing astronomical credit card debt? 

The boys must get some kind of Social Security survivors benefits, so there's that, but it can't be much. 

These two are as poor as church mice (!) but somehow they haven't had to downsize. 

• Upvote 3

The Spinderella Sproul blog claimed that Ligonier was paying him (handsomely) all along. While it wouldn't exactly surprise me (in terms of Vesta never forcing Precious to face the consequences of his actions), I'm still confused in terms of things like Lisa's house being in foreclosure multiple times their first few years of marriage.

Even *if* Spanky was smart enough not to sink too much money into a house in Lisa's name (and I'm not sure he is), one would think he would ensure that the mortgage and taxes were up to date enough to keep the sheriff's knock from the door; at least as long as he and his children were living there.

I'm not sure if Denise worked outside the home long enough for the boys to qualify for Social Security benefits after her death.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I'm still confused in terms of things like Lisa's house being in foreclosure multiple times their first few years of marriage.

I've seen more than one comment on Spinderella Sproul saying the house was paid off by David Ringel and awarded to Lisa in the final divorce decree. But that only came after the house had already gone into foreclosure several times.

As for the home in Fort Wayne, that's Lisa's baby and exclusively titled to her. It's fully paid off (she got it in her divorce settlement courtesy of her third ex).

• Thank You 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Banyan said:

I've seen more than one comment on Spinderella Sproul saying the house was paid off by David Ringel and awarded to Lisa in the final divorce decree. But that only came after the house had already gone into foreclosure several times.

Thank you, I missed that!

That would explain a LOT.

• Upvote 1

But they supposedly almost lost the house after Lisa and Spanky were married.  Were they behind on taxes? 

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

But they supposedly almost lost the house after Lisa and Spanky were married.  Were they behind on taxes? 

They've been in & out of foreclosure at least a couple of times since they married. In October 2019 they posted this which implied they had full title & were no longer in debt:

SpankyandtheQueen.thumb.png.6e5ccd0767d4e1ddcbb90ea215062e5a.png

Who knows if it's true?

• Thank You 1

I made the mistake of listening to the latest Sacred Marriage. Just checking to see if they were done throwing their exes under the bus. They're not.

I know what it's like having a spouse cheat on me. Worst form of betrayal ever, and worst pain ever. Can take years to recover. Many people know about the resulting divorce, but only a few close friends and family members know, or need to know, the ugly backstory of the cheating. What would be the point in airing that laundry, especially widely and publicly?

In Lisa's case the point in publicly airing her dirty laundry via a so-called "Christian ministry" is all about slandering the late Denise Sproul (whom she appears to be threatened by and hate a great deal), as well as playing the innocent victim spouse who allegedly suffered the misfortune of marrying 3 husbands in a row who were all cheaters. Even if everything Lisa says is true (Lisa's pathological projection disorder makes me think she's the real cheater) how are the two of them justified in repeatedly throwing their exes under the bus, and all so publicly? How does any of this qualify as a "Christian ministry"? To me it just looks like a pity party.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 7

On 6/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, Banyan said:

I made the mistake of listening to the latest Sacred Marriage. Just checking to see if they were done throwing their exes under the bus. They're not.

How does any of this qualify as a "Christian ministry"? To me it just looks like a pity party.

WTF is wrong with these two? Imagine tuning in to Spanky's videos as a newcomer, thinking you're going to get some kind of profound insight into Christian marriage and all you get is an earful of bitching about the exes.

Spanky is less knowledgeable, less personable and less successful than RC Snr. Lisa is a hysterical drama queen with some kind of weird martyrdom subplot. It's going to end badly. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

It's going to end badly. 

Yes, these two found each other and now amplify each other's most toxic traits.  

I feel for those two boys who are stuck with this train wreck 24-7. 

Also, when did Lisa go super duper ultra mega Jesus? Most of her adult life or is it a more recent thing?

The entire days of praying and beseeching god on RC's behalf seems a little over the top and by a "little over the top" I mean completely nuts. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 6/14/2021 at 4:52 PM, Banyan said:

Lisa's pathological projection disorder makes me think she's the real cheater

It seems I'm not the only one who thinks Lisa has a major case of cheater's projection:

You guys have said here and previously that Sproul gave up his ordination because his denomination wouldn't give their blessing on the marriage because none of Lisa's divorces were for biblical causes. IOW adultery by her husbands. If her husbands had cheated on her why didn't she make that claim back then so Sproul wouldn't have to turn in his ordination? Why wait until now to say it? I find it all really suspicious. Lisa waits until now to tell us she's a 3X victim of cheating husbands while she's also accusing Denise of adultery? I'm not buying any of it. What's probably going on here is called projection. IOW it's probably Lisa who's the cheater. She's projecting her own cheating onto Denise. Disgusting enough as it is. But Sproul goes along with it? Yup, the man has obviously lost his mind. They're both pathological liars too.

I'll take it a step further and say RC Jr also has a major case of cheater's projection too. Accusing his deceased wife of adultery a decade after her death from cancer is just so wrong on so many levels, especially in how it harms his own children to slander their beloved mother.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief, he's worse than Bro. John Shrader.  Except RC, Jr. skipped the chicken farm and library. 

• Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic