IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, LydiaAnn said:

Oh good grief..is Junior starting up a college?

Lisa’s Twitter and their FB page implied it?

Just NO.

Yep! He was trying to grift a property to build it on a while back. That fell through, and mysteriously, he’s realised that the best way to teach and lead is through mentoring (but still giving him ALL the money). He now believes book learnin’ and edumakation doesn’t make good a pasta. Strange conclusion for someone who is quite ostentatious in his wordiness to reach. 

• Upvote 7

On 6/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, forgetmenow said:

It may have been his dancing.  I don't have kids, but would I disinherit one for dancing like this?  I mean, maybe...

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I don't know much about Vesta so I have to wonder if she would be more famous if she published inspirational messages across her cleavage.  Seems like a missed opportunity.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.7ea1fcbcd7cb027b7a5e2d9b02f7aee4.png

And, finally, her prose — so purple.

Hide contents

image.png.92905d0058eaaa823f783f53194b69d4.png

So I know this is from a while ago, and I also know this is a little off topic, but I listened to the "Though You Slay Me' song by Shane & Shane featuring John Piper. It's a depressing song about even though God puts people through hard times, you will still praise God. It samples a sermon by John Piper about the same theme. In his sermon, Piper says suffering is always worth it and it's important to praise God. He gives a lot of depressing examples. 

Lisa said "Maybe this song is for you. It was my substance in song as I lamented through laborious tribulations..." 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Yep! He was trying to grift a property to build it on a while back. That fell through, and mysteriously, he’s realised that the best way to teach and lead is through mentoring (but still giving him ALL the money). He now believes book learnin’ and edumakation doesn’t make good a pasta. Strange conclusion for someone who is quite ostentatious in his wordiness to reach. 

https://shep.college/

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, LydiaAnn said:

If you don't want to click, this is the full content of the website.  All of it. 

THE ACADEMIC MODEL OF CHRIST IS DISCIPLESHIP.   How might the training of men for ministry be different if, instead of beginning with    an academic presupposition, we began looking at the qualities of an elder… if our goal was to train up men of godly character, rather than men of academic achievement?

This strikes me as so utterly craven.  He's looking for a vulnerable demographic -- the uneducated man or boy aspiring to become a preacher. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

He's looking for a vulnerable demographic -- the uneducated man or boy aspiring to become a preacher and who has lots of money to give Spanky & Queen Lisa.

There, fixed it for you!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I think it's sinister that you only get to see the home page with the message Howl posted, and to get any more information you need to give them your email and tell them why you're interested. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think it's sinister that you only get to see the home page with the message Howl posted, and to get any more information you need to give them your email and tell them why you're interested. 

Chances seem pretty good that by amazing coincidence Divine Providence, they have exactly the kind of training the respondent is interested in.

Perhaps we could come up with some course descriptions....

Edited by older than allosaurs
just had an idea
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

By Divine Providence,  each course will have Spanky's books on the required reading list!  Win, win, right?

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, Howl said:

By Divine Providence,  each course will have Spanky's books on the required reading list!  Win, win, right?

It does appear that Shepherd's College is just a retooled Highlands Ministries. But this time it has the word "college" added to give it an erudite air.

We've asked what they're studying and they'll usually say, "I get to read RC's books. He tells me to read a book, and then at the end of the week he'll get together with me and say, 'Do ya have any questions?' He doesn't ever have a lesson or lecture or anything like that, but I get to ask him questions. I had to come from many miles away to get here, but it's really worth it to get to ask RC questions about his books, and the best part is that I get to party with RC. I've really learned a lot... I guess."

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

RC will try to pass this off as a tutoring approach, like they do at fancy British universities, only you don't have to fly across the pond and deal with people who speak and spell English differently.  

Honestly, f**k this guy.  The only good part about it is watching them come up with ideas on how to make money with no effort, that obviously will not succeed. Like, literally, making no effort. That web page is pathetic. 

Maybe he should take lessons from Bro. Shrader and set up a non functional library and fail at chicken ranching before starting and failing to found a seminary. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

In which she explains just what this "college" is/does.  Jk, jk, she doesn't.

In related news, I'm starting my own "college."  Don't want to be more specific than that, but give me all your money and we can figure it out together. 

Spoiler

image.png.d62653e8ef01845677851dc78bd8164a.png

image.png.ff6456d5e5a87de83f3ed54a905d1000.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 2

Lisa's quoted tuition costs seem extremely high, but maybe not for a private bricks-and-mortar college/university.

Spanky has zero overhead. No faculty. It will be pure grift. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Valley of dry bones?  More like valley of dry drunks!

• Upvote 3

Sacred Marriage YouTube alert........

Notes for Spanky and Queen L:

a) If someone asks whether they should remain with a partner/spouse who has been diagnosed with Alzheimers or some other long term illness, then they're an asshole. Being a Xtian will not fix that. 

b) Do not pontificate about wedding vows being sacred and in sickness and in health. Pot. Kettle. Black. 

c) Refer to b. 

I just can't even with these two. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Wait, are they saying

a) it's OK to leave 

or

b) honor your vows and see your spouse through to the end

It says something about these two that I'm not sure which position they are advocating. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

this is so weird for so many reasons. wouldn't this bible school compete with reformation bible college? 

• Upvote 1

And BEC - Lisa looks...as my dear grandmother used to say, rode hard and put up wet.  LOTS of sun damage on that skin.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

They're giving James and Stacy McDonald a run for their money in the TMI department, but they're not quite there yet. I suggest some Seventies soft rock lyrics. Poco, perhaps? Toto? Then a few posts about slathering each other's genitals in essential oils. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

In which Spanky practices denying that right-wing terrorism is a thing. From YouTube video posted 20/07/2021.

Spoiler

00:46 that we would cover something that is

00:50 less of an ideology though often driven

00:52 by ideology

00:54 and more of a practice and that is what

00:58 we call terrorism t-e-r-r-o-r-i-s-m

01:06 terrorism terrorism has

01:10 been in the news of late as our

01:13 president has been suggesting that the

01:15 deepest

01:16 threat to uh american security and

01:19 well-being are

01:21 uh american uh nationalistic

01:25 terrorists though there seems to be

01:28 precious little evidence that such

01:30 things even exist i suppose that the

01:34 events of january 6

01:35 would be the closest thing that could be

01:38 trotted out

01:39 as evidence of this but i think it's

01:41 important as i've been

01:43 arguing all along that we actually be uh

01:45 pretty careful about

01:47 establishing uh what we mean when we use

01:50 a particular word

And a sprinkling of malice from The Queen.

Spoiler

1377643209_ScreenShot2021-07-23at1_23_04pm.thumb.png.60770c11ba32d1c60a21153a02146c3c.png

( Darby assures the world in her twitter that all of the Sproul Jr offspring are active practicing Christians.)

• Thank You 3

More of Lisa glorying in "the truth coming out."

728649035_ScreenShot2021-07-29at12_53_58PM.thumb.jpg.665ad791fff3b007a3ec25275d235a2a.jpg

If this is true it's very tragic and David Ringel's wife needs to get out of that relationship post haste. But why would Lisa publicly post something Mrs. Ringel "would not want to tell anyone"? There are many valid reasons why an abused spouse wouldn't want something like this out in public. Worst case scenario, Lisa may have just put Mrs. Ringel's life in greater danger. Does Lisa think by putting on public display her exes' wife it magically vindicates Lisa of allegations she herself has perpetrated acts of domestic violence?

We were contacted by a reader and informed of the following: Lisa has a long history of domestic violence. As far as we can determine from the public record she may have only ever been arrested once (sounds a lot like RC Jr who eye witnesses report routinely drove drunk for years, but was only arrested once). Lisa was arrested in December 2001 after punching her husband, David Ringel, in the mouth and splitting his lip, something which their children witnessed. Then she called 911 on her husband. Even though she was the one who called 911 the responding officers were obligated to arrest her since her husband was the one with the injuries. As she was being handcuffed she threatened David, "I'll kill you if you don't bail me out." At the earliest opportunity he did. Thoroughly intimidated by Lisa he refused to testify against her. So the court had no choice but to dismiss the case.

Van Wert, OH Municipal Court Docket
Van Wert, OH Municipal Court Case Information: CRB0100732

RC2.0 said...

@NewLife, we agree that Lisa is vicious. She's known to even be violent, with both her husbands and children. In one case she was even arrested for domestic violence.

RC 2.0 said...

Prior to Lisa reporting Dr. David Ringel to the feds she'd repeatedly tried to set him up on domestic violence charges. She'd call the cops and play the victim, claiming he'd hit or pushed her. In reality it is Lisa who is the aggressor and prone to acts of violence. The cops were usually quick to perceive it too. However, in one case of Lisa calling 911 and reporting her husband for allegedly pushing her, David Ringel was arrested and charged with Domestic Battery. The Ringel children witnessed their father being handcuffed and hauled off to jail, and they were greatly traumatized by the incident. David Ringel pleaded not guilty and demanded a jury trial. Soon thereafter the prosecutor motioned the court to drop the case, which the judge did. Everyone doubted Lisa's credibility. But rather than dissuading Lisa from trying to set her husband up on bogus charges, she became even more determined to see her husband sent to jail. There is little reason to believe Lisa is any less malicious today.

• Thank You 6

Yeah, either the abuse happened, in which case Lisa is vile for putting it out there like that (potentially endangering lives, not to mention violating trust/privacy), or Lisa fabricated this for attention, in which case Lisa is just fucking vile.

The bitch of it is, the people in Spanky's circle who take issue with his marrying a thrice divorced woman aren't going to change their tune, no matter how badly the two of them drag their former spouses through the mud. *Maybe* she could get away with the "Grace widow" route (aka the Stacy McDonald) if she'd had one previous marriage, but with three divorces? Fundies just aren't going to look past that, not matter how awful you claim your ex-husbands were. I disagree with it (I have many, many, many issues with Lisa, but that's the least of them), but fundies gonna fundy. And surely, Lisa had to have known that when she got involved with Spanky. Unless she just assumed she'd win everyone over with her sparkling personality. :?

I was just looking at Maili's Instagram. Seeing the photos from Darby's wedding, and of the younger Sproul kids with JT and Delaney during their engagement just makes my fucking blood boil that they weren't allowed to attend the latter's wedding. Moments like that you never get back, and all because Spanky and the Queen of the Tacky McMansion have less emotional maturity than most toddlers.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Yeah, either the abuse happened, in which case Lisa is vile for putting it out there like that (potentially endangering lives, not to mention violating trust/privacy), or Lisa fabricated this for attention, in which case Lisa is just fucking vile.

It wasn't hard for me to find the social media accounts for Dr. David Ringel, his wife and her son's accounts, as well as Dr. Ringel's medical practice Facebook (which his wife is a very supportive participant in). There's not the slightest hint from wife or her son (who lists Dr. Ringel as his father, even though he'd be step-father) that David Ringel ever, let alone recently, physically abused his wife, let alone put her in the hospital. From all appearances everything in the Ringel family is AOK. Not saying it didn't happen though. Just that there's no indication it did.

I have to question if Lisa fabricated this whole thing (we do know she has some history with that). But at the very least Lisa had no right to go public with a private family matter.

In keeping with that I'll respect the Ringel family's privacy and not mention here the names of Mrs. Ringel and her son.

Yes, Lisa is absolutely vile.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic