IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

38 minutes ago, TF1 said:

I have it on good authority (Lisa herself), that she is a medical professional

Since when are dieticians considered "medical professionals"? It appears that in Lisa's world all it takes to call yourself a medical professional is to have worked in a hospital. By that standard a hospital janitor is a medical professional.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

35 minutes ago, TF1 said:

I have it on good authority (Lisa herself), that she is a medical professional studying for a degree in counseling. She mentioned it today several times in a thread to demonstrate her authority to speak on abuse in churches. 

Lisa has worked as a dietician, and she referred to that experience as part of her counseling expertise -- working with people whose abuse has led to eating disorders. I think she's just gotten started on her Liberty U counseling program.

She made one point I think is worth getting out there -- that it's not fair to judge an abuser's repentance by whether every single one of their victims feels satisfied with the apologies and restitution they received. I believe it's true that some folks fall in love with their victim status and aren't that interested in reintegrating their lives. But it's also true that whether or not an abuser has been forgiven -- by victims or by God -- has zippo to do with whether they should be back in a position of trust. That's the part she and RCJR and Tullian and more in what Wartburg Watch calls the Disgraced Pastor Conga Line keep ignoring. This whole "I'm a sinner, as are we all, and I've repented (just trust me on that) and God has forgiven me (trust me on that too), and stop bugging me and please send money" is ridiculous.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Yuck. This is from approx 9PM today — someone's been busy on Twitter today.

image.png.7ec12153a5895f86246765e49fe2bb50.png

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 3

13 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

She made one point I think is worth getting out there -- that it's not fair to judge an abuser's repentance by whether every single one of their victims feels satisfied with the apologies and restitution they received.

Lisa's point was that unless the victims have been raped, reported it to the police, and been examined, they're not victims (she made the point several times). She is still ranting at Julie Anne this morning btw. Julie Anne's point about TT's victims is that she has spoken to them and to TT's former wife and no, he has not repented to them at all.

Lisa also attacked Lori Anne Thompson, the first woman to come forward in the Ravi Zacharias abuse case, in the same Twitter thread. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.44.13 AM.png

12 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

Yuck. This is from approx 9PM today — someone's been busy on Twitter today.

image.png.7ec12153a5895f86246765e49fe2bb50.png

She's still going on Julie Anne's TL. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.50.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.53.08 AM.png

14 hours ago, Banyan said:

Since when are dieticians considered "medical professionals"? It appears that in Lisa's world all it takes to call yourself a medical professional is to have worked in a hospital. By that standard a hospital janitor is a medical professional.

She was attempting to portray herself as having expertise on abuse. She did the same with her counseling "training". Once it was pointed out she's a dietician, she stopped making the claim. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

14 hours ago, Banyan said:

Since when are dieticians considered "medical professionals"? It appears that in Lisa's world all it takes to call yourself a medical professional is to have worked in a hospital.

It depends.  If it's just employment within the dietary department, then nope.  If you're actually doing nutritional counseling, working with specialized dietary needs, working with patients with medical conditions to establish the best diets for their nutritional needs, working with people on weight loss, etc., then that's definitely considered part of the medical team.  

However, a favorite tactic of many within the broader medical field who want to appear as authorities is to say "I'm a medical professional" and then speak on something very different from their area of training/expertise.  It's a fallacious appeal to authority.  Like when chiropractors speak on vaccination, or when I saw an OR nurse being cited as someone qualified to speak on infection control.  Lisa appealed broadly to her experience as a medical professional working with victims of trauma.  Not how it works.  I also work with people who have experienced some pretty horrific trauma at times, but I'm not there for their mental health care.  I'm there for physical care.  If they need mental health, I recommend a psych referral to people who can make that referral.  Which is how responsible medical providers deal with things outside their scope of practice - a term it appears that Lisa would benefit from being reminded of.  

• Upvote 15

Hey Lisa, you are is you’re, not your. We all make grammar or spelling errors from time to time but if you’re going to be all up on your high horse about stupid shit you’ll look slightly less ridiculous if you brush up on your grammar. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, TF1 said:

I have it on good authority (Lisa herself), that she is a medical professional studying for a degree in counseling. She mentioned it today several times in a thread to demonstrate her authority to speak on abuse in churches. 

Oh LORD, is this Lisa...back on here? 
WELCOME BACK, LISA! 

A few comments for you:

1) Would you PLEASE get recent pics? I am tired of seeing the same pictures of you in the car, you with that obnoxious hat on, and you and your Boo Thang ...circa 2016. Also, stop using pics with Maili and Erin Claire in them...in a sad attempt to portray you were all “one big happy family”. Both girls left your house the DAY the turned 18 for a reason.

2) You are NOT a “medical professional”. YOU SELL MARY KAY, SISTER. If you stop proclaiming you are one, then I promise the next time I need lipstick, I promise to buy it from you....Deal?

3) Your idiotic comments about abuse. “The question remains— were these victims raped? Did they seek medical attention? Were police reports made?” This could be thrown back on YOU, when you publicly stated you were abused by your dad, stepdad.    Did YOU seek medical attention? Were police reports made?  YOU are NOT the arbitrator of what defines “REAL” abuse.

PLEASE just go away. Seriously. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, LydiaAnn said:

Oh LORD, is this Lisa...back on here? 
WELCOME BACK, LISA! 

A few comments for you:

1) Would you PLEASE get recent pics? I am tired of seeing the same pictures of you in the car, you with that obnoxious hat on, and you and your Boo Thang ...circa 2016. Also, stop using pics with Maili and Erin Claire in them...in a sad attempt to portray you were all “one big happy family”. Both girls left your house the DAY the turned 18 for a reason.

2) You are NOT a “medical professional”. YOU SELL MARY KAY, SISTER. If you stop proclaiming you are one, then I promise the next time I need lipstick, I promise to buy it from you....Deal?

3) Your idiotic comments about abuse. “The question remains— were these victims raped? Did they seek medical attention? Were police reports made?” This could be thrown back on YOU, when you publicly stated you were abused by your dad, stepdad.    Did YOU seek medical attention? Were police reports made?  YOU are NOT the arbitrator of what defines “REAL” abuse.

PLEASE just go away. Seriously. 

Hi, you may have missed the sarcasm in my comment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, TF1 said:

Hi, you may have missed the sarcasm in my comment. 

In which of your Twitter posts?

3 hours ago, TF1 said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.50.52 AM.png

LMAO - Lisa calling Julie Anne a "victimizer" is like MTG calling Democrats "Nazis" the other day.  

@TF1, I also missed your sarcasm and thought you might be Lisa, for which I apologize.  No one deserves to be mistaken for that monster.  She did come here a few times pretending to be an admirer of hers (dead giveaway, right?) and IIRC, she had a sock, too.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Julie Anne is highly regarded by many for good reason, while Lisa comes across like a mildly deranged Old Testament thug. "Feasting on evil" is quite the rhetorical flourish. Repent! indeed. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

RC Jr has joined the fray, distinguishes himself by immediately stepping on his own dick, at which point he's owned by Julie Ann. Sweet! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • Love 6

I bet Tullian has really appreciated all the Streisand-ing they've done for him in the past couple of days.  ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

LMAO - Lisa calling Julie Anne a "victimizer" is like MTG calling Democrats "Nazis" the other day.  

@TF1, I also missed your sarcasm and thought you might be Lisa, for which I apologize.  No one deserves to be mistaken for that monster.  She did come here a few times pretending to be an admirer of hers (dead giveaway, right?) and IIRC, she had a sock, too.

No worries. I should have made it clearer. OMG Lisa has gone on and on in Julie Anne's feed. I think she may still be going. There are a whole lot of advocates of victims of abuse who follow Julie Anne who are getting an education in the Sprouls these past couple of days and the Sprouls are doing it to themselves. 

9 hours ago, LydiaAnn said:

In which of your Twitter posts?

Me calling Lisa a professional because I had heard it from her was completely sarcastic. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.47.51 PM.png

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Wow, both Spanky and Lisa are tweeting some marvellous self-owns, and are completely unaware of how hypocritical every word is.

And the "she prevails against evil doers while promoting gospel truth"... ugh, that's a bulldozer of arrogance.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

In which Spanky and Lisa continue to show us who they really are..... 

Spanky's YouTube stuff, FB, Twitter and blog posts over the last week have been filled with anti-LGBTQI rhetoric, tiptoeing around the apocalypse (we're definitely in the last days apparently), pro-capital punishment and anti social distancing rubbish. I was going to screenshot a few bits and pieces from it, but it's all horrible and I think we've seen it all from him before. 

I really feel that Spanky and Lisa are descending further into the crazy. 

Spoiler

"It is true enough that there are plenty of reasons why Christians are called to object to some heterosexual marriages. Those unbiblically divorced are not in fact free to marry, and Christians should not attend such weddings either, for the same reasons. The argument isn’t that both parties are sinners, and therefore we shouldn’t go. All those who marry are sinners. The question is, is the wedding itself biblical?"

This was from Spanky's blog post where he was having an anti-LGBTQI rant. Bolding is mine. Soooooo....... does this mean Spanky didn't go to his wedding to Lisa?

He just published a blog post about going to church and it does not surprise me at all to see this in the first paragraph: 

"There was some reason for optimism, even in the darkest days of COVID. Pastors with whom I spoke (admittedly a small sample size) all affirmed two things. First, despite not meeting live and in person, giving did not go down."

Not "no-one died", "no-one's family suffered", "we all supported each other", but.... GIVING DID NOT GO DOWN!! Nice priorities, asshole. 

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 11

Re: dietician as a medical professional. I have a FB friend who is a registered dietician & nutritionist working at a NY hospital. Sadly, they were an integral part of the ICU medical team for COVID patients last year since they supervised the nutritional intake for ventilated & other critically ill patients. 

Queen Lisa does not that level of expertise or experience...In fact, her LinkedIn profile indicates that she hasn't finished her Bachelor of Science in Clinical Nutrition yet. She just has an Associate's Degree.911681734_QueenLisasEducation.thumb.png.df3ee6cc259966f31f2b7991515b4fa7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Pastors with whom I spoke (admittedly a small sample size)

so...Tullian?

8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Spanky's YouTube stuff, FB, Twitter and blog posts over the last week have been filled with anti-LGBTQI rhetoric, tiptoeing around the apocalypse (we're definitely in the last days apparently), pro-capital punishment and anti social distancing

I'm a little surprised. I had the impression that they stayed within the "We're so Jesus" confines. I didn't realize they were starting to branch out into hate and full-on cray.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Howl said:

so...Tullian?

I'm a little surprised. I had the impression that they stayed within the "We're so Jesus" confines. I didn't realize they were starting to branch out into hate and full-on cray.

I am too. He used to go on in that vein about abortion, but otherwise mostly stuck to lofty polysyllabic analogies about brides and churches, plus those Calvinist logical syllogisms that make them feel so smart. Now between him and Lisa we get "practicing perverts" and screeching demons. Lisa seems especially fond of the "Satan hates me because I'm Godly" line of thought, which is a great way to humble brag, at length and top volume.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Howl said:

so...Tullian?

It's not full on, but if you have a look at some of the more recent YouTube and blog stuff, he's starting down that road. Actually, it feels like he's dipping his toes in to see how people will react.

His failure to secure funding for his church/seminary, his sudden 'realisation' that mentorship is a better path to teaching ministry, his audience levels continuing to be poor in comparison to the high response he received from his SMUrF videos makes me think they're starting to branch out. The Only Real Victim™️ Lisa is just plain cray. If she continues to wail and gnash her teeth at her current pace, she's going to need dentures. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Talk about gaslighting and blame shifting!

Lisa now blames Vesta Sproul for not being in contact with her grandsons, Reilly and Donovan. Who was it who took away Reilly and Donovan's cell phones and internet access so they can't have any communication with anyone, including other family members?

1674853477_ScreenShot2021-06-06at6_48_17PM.thumb.jpg.341e3f7e0145f10d9a520843813f1a80.jpg

I love the irony in "Hope they get to her again soon." I'm sure they will the day they turn 18, just like Maili and Erin Claire did when they made their respective escapes from Sproul Detention Center.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

First, Lisa needs to be arrested immediately and sent to apostrophe reform school. 

Hey, Lisa, it's summer time! The boys are old enough to get vaccinated; then put them on a plane to see Vesta for a few weeks or a month. I bet she'd be thrilled to have them visit and be able to spend some time with their sister. 

• Upvote 12

22 hours ago, Banyan said:

Lisa now blames Vesta Sproul for not being in contact with her grandsons, Reilly and Donovan.

Lisa is piling on:

1466697978_SpankyLisadumponVesta.thumb.png.40bc40672279435a6e455d050701c70e.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 8

Whoa! Stop the presses! Spanky taking a stand against evil caused Vesta to cut him off? Didn't see that coming. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Whoa! Stop the presses! Spanky taking a stand against evil caused Vesta to cut him off? Didn't see that coming. 

It may have been his dancing.  I don't have kids, but would I disinherit one for dancing like this?  I mean, maybe...

Spoiler

Also, I don't know much about Vesta so I have to wonder if she would be more famous if she published inspirational messages across her cleavage.  Seems like a missed opportunity.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7ea1fcbcd7cb027b7a5e2d9b02f7aee4.png

And, finally, her prose — so purple.

Spoiler

image.png.92905d0058eaaa823f783f53194b69d4.png

• Haha 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic