IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

How does this bozo still have a following?

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

In case you're interested in Spanky's and Queen Lisa's love story. Warning: anti-nausea meds recommended.

1731231847_PukeworthymemoriesfromSpankyQueenLisa.thumb.png.540ff13da126c44d81e0022a72dd8ffd.png

Much more at the link, if you can stand it.

• Disgust 8
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Thank You 3

So one of the questions they are answering is who is the better driver??? The answer is Lisa, but are you kidding me?? Spanky drove drunk with his kids on the backseat!! Wow. These folks are just beyond me.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

So one of the questions they are answering is who is the better driver??? The answer is Lisa, but are you kidding me?? Spanky drove drunk with his kids on the backseat!! Wow. These folks are just beyond me.

It's OK, it's all part of God's design apparently. At least, I'm pretty sure this was the gist of something the Queen wrote not that long ago. They are God's Speshul Blossoms. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Well apparently God gave Lisa a vision of RC and 21 years later he showed. 

Other Highlights:

❤️Most sensitive: We are both tender macaronis

❤️Who sings better?: I sing. But RC has a nice voice also, especially when singing Prince.

I'm not used to fundies making pop culture references. Which Prince song is RC singing to Lisa?

❤️Where is the furthest you have traveled together? Florida for me, Indiana for RC.

This answer confuses me. 

I'm not entirely sure who these people are. (I know they are ex-Vision Forum people.) For some reason, I'm laughing reading this. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm not used to fundies making pop culture references. Which Prince song is RC singing to Lisa?

Raspberry Beret? In honor of hot babes with head coverings...

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, bea said:

He lurked behind her as she got onto an elevator.
How..... romantic. Not creepy at all.

In absolutely no way stalker-ish. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

In Spanky's latest video he discusses disgraced pastors (bolding mine, text taken directly from YouTube transcript). He does not, as far as I can tell, address his own contribution to the "come back" conga line.

"when we see a spiritual pile up a christian celebrity train wreck we tune in and we task tsk have you ever wondered this is it possible that the reason we're interested in the grievous sins and moral failings of celebrity christians is because it distracts us from our own isn't it possible that even though he's actually guilty and even though he has actual victims that we have in a manner of speaking chosen ravi or carl lentz or James mcdonald as our scapegoat they get sent out from the camp they get canceled they become the pariah"

I recall there was a bit of dust-up between James McDonald and Spanky/Queenie a while back after S/Q started on their mission to trash Denise Sproule's reputation. Does anyone know what James McDonald is accused of? I know very little about him. 

• Thank You 4

29 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I recall there was a bit of dust-up between James McDonald and Spanky/Queenie a while back after S/Q started on their mission to trash Denise Sproule's reputation. Does anyone know what James McDonald is accused of? I know very little about him. 

Both James McDonald and his wife Stacy rebuked Spanky & the Queen for trashing Denise Sproul's memory and reputation last fall: 

James McDonald Spanks Spanky & the Queen.png

That may be what the Spanky Sprouls are referring to although James was an RPC pastor for some years until he left the ministry under a cloud

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Both James McDonald and his wife Stacy rebuked Spanky & the Queen for trashing Denise Sproul's memory and reputation last fall: 

I remember that and that's what I was referring to. I was confused though because in the context of the YouTube video, Spanky appears to be including McDonald in with disgraced pastors like Carl Lentz and Ravi Zacharias. This suggests to me that McDonald has committed the grave sin of being caught out. I was wondering what he'd done to warrant the inclusion, or is it just Spanky being a petulant child?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Katzchen24 said:

This suggests to me that McDonald has committed the grave sin of being caught out. I was wondering what he'd done to warrant the inclusion, or is it just Spanky being a petulant child?

There is another James MacDonald, disgraced mega-church pastor. Note the spelling of "MacDonald." It's possible Spanky & the Queen are referring to him but just spelled the name wrong.

Given the McDonalds' public chastising of Spanky & the Queen, it's also quite possible their anger & remarks are in fact directed at that James.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

There is another James MacDonald, disgraced mega-church pastor. Note the spelling of "MacDonald." It's possible Spanky & the Queen are referring to him but just spelled the name wrong.

Given the McDonalds' public chastising of Spanky & the Queen, it's also quite possible their anger & remarks are in fact directed at that James.

Ah that makes sense. Thankyou ?

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

In Spanky's latest video he discusses disgraced pastors (bolding mine, text taken directly from YouTube transcript). He does not, as far as I can tell, address his own contribution to the "come back" conga line.

Seeing your comment prompted me to listen (why oh why do I do this to myself?). You're right. He doesn't even come close to addressing his own "contribution." Make that plural "contributions" (too many to keep track of). I've got to just stop listening to his hogswallop. It just makes me mad. Not good for my blood pressure. At least sometimes people post thoughtful comments. If I'm lucky enough to catch them before Lisa deletes them it sometimes helps to bring the blood pressure back down.

1257807608_ScreenShot2021-02-15at3_20_33PM.thumb.jpg.f89296fbe5a3812a37e07a42f76b75be.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Am I allowed to use an eye roll reaction on my own post?

From a publicly available FB post.

Spoiler

1488264989_ScreenShot2021-02-17at7_47_03pm.thumb.png.5dabcf67eb53387159b8af5db6a2e763.png

Does she actually read what she writes, because from where I'm sitting she's contributing hard to the attack on godly marriage with her three divorces. Or doesn't it count because none of it was her fault? Is there a Get Out of Marriage Free card in the bible somewhere? If she's married three ungodly men in a row, then maybe she ought to be looking a bit harder at #4's qualifications.......

On 2/16/2021 at 7:58 AM, Banyan said:

Seeing your comment prompted me to listen (why oh why do I do this to myself?). 

I NEVER listen to them because it makes me ragey. I always go straight to the transcript and read their rubbish instead. It turns out that if there is a part I want to listen to, clicking on that section in the transcript takes you straight to it in the video. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

February 17 Facebook:

Oh Lisa, you just can't help yourself, can you. She starts out with prayers for family peace (and "God's imploding grace") and ends up trashing her kids and RC's.

I pray our family will be a testimony of God's imploding grace. Our home a refuge for the hurting, a place of safety for brken hearts.

I cry out for miracles today. Move upon the hearts of those in our bloodline far from You. Their words pretend. They manifest wickedness and sit among scoffers. Their actions are divisive, vain, and void of Your Word. Expose truth- that no man can hide behind another. For You are a God who sees. El Roi. We thank You for all You are doing in our midst, and that which we cannot see. I praise Your name and declare victory over the enemy. In Jesus name, Amen!”

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

El Roi ???

i think Big Daddy JB smoked some of those cigars.

I remember some really...exuberant prayers that included Old Testament names of God. El Shaddai, Jehovah-Jireh, Adonai, Yahweh...  I hadn't heard El Roi before. (You know, except for The Jetsons :pb_wink: )

So, being a curious sort, I Googled. I found a site that lists "Over 100 Names of God".

https://urbanareas.net/info/100-biblical-names-god/

Here's the pertinent one:

1112362470_Screenshot_20210217-211406_SamsungInternet.jpg.f30f349c1b65e1bc8515bf7d9a1afdb2.jpg

I kind of remembered Hagar, but followed through and looked up the verse.

Genesis 16:13
New International Version
13 She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

Queen Lisa still has at least 99 names left. I wonder how long until she uses them all? :think:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Queen Lisa still has at least 99 names left. I wonder how long until she uses them all? :think:

“We keep track so they don’t have to” ?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I remember some really...exuberant prayers that included Old Testament names of God. El Shaddai, Jehovah-Jireh, Adonai, Yahweh...  I hadn't heard El Roi before. (You know, except for The Jetsons :pb_wink: )

So, being a curious sort, I Googled. I found a site that lists "Over 100 Names of God".

https://urbanareas.net/info/100-biblical-names-god/

Here's the pertinent one:

1112362470_Screenshot_20210217-211406_SamsungInternet.jpg.f30f349c1b65e1bc8515bf7d9a1afdb2.jpg

I kind of remembered Hagar, but followed through and looked up the verse.

You searched so I didn’t have to! Thank you!  Guess it’s not surprising that Her Majesty used an actual name — but Elroy Jetson? That gave me such a laugh the dogs woke up!

Seriously, the use of the name in connection with Hagar is confusing. Sarah sent Hagar away (wrongly IMHO). If any parallels are drawn with HRM QL and the late, first Mrs. Sproul, Jr., it’s Lisa who’s sending Denise’s memory away, along with a stupid attempt to ruin her name.  
Woman makes no sense, but at least she’s consistent.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

OK, but El Roi ("the God who sees me") is used by Hagar in the context of deep injustice against her - it's saying "God, you see this injustice that is being done to me, and you will avenge me."  

Using *that* name of God in this prayer is essentially saying "God, you see the [alleged] evil that these kids are doing against us.  Judge them for us."

It's way worse than it looks unless you know.  And I don't buy for a minute that she (or he) did that by accident.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Just popping in for some aural assistance. Even when I saw the transliteration "El Roi" I thought of the pronunciation that sounds like the Jetsons' son, or "the king" in Spanish. That's not any name for God that I've ever heard.

Then I realized what it was. A better transliteration would be "Ail Ro-ee" - three syllables. The first one means God, the second means sees, and the third means me.

More under spoiler for anyone who likes language stuff.

Spoiler

The first and second syllables are hard to transliterate for English speakers, because Hebrew, like many other languages, doesn't have all of the diphthongs that English does.

So neither "ail" or "el" really conveys that first vowel sound perfectly. It's a long "A" sound without the "ee" at the end that English speakers usually add.

Same with the second syllable - a pure "o," not the English diphthong (or, as in some parts of Canada and the area from southern New Jersey to Baltimore, a triphthong - ay-o-u ? ).

The "El" in the names of lots of synagogues means God. The two words often transliterated as "Bethel" or "Beth El" mean house of God. Again, in Hebrew, the e would be closer to an English "ai," the th is essentially a t, not really a th. More like "bait ail" then "bethel."

The "Eli, Eli" in Matthew 27:46 is "Ail-ee," not like the man's name or a person who went to Yale. From what I've heard, a lot of people who don't otherwise speak Hebrew already know how to pronounce it in that context.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

21 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I pray our family will be a testimony of God's imploding grace.

Reminds me of that wonderful old hymn:

Imploding grace,
How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost,
But now imploded,
Twas blind, but now I see.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic