IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Can you imagine having to say "let's take a family photo, oh sorry I mean only the siblings and a few of the kids, other ways we won't fit in the frame!"

I have to say I am fascinated by Esther family you have the older girls who still dress modest and conservative with headcovers and all and then you have the youngers who are all shorts modern dress and even kids out of wedlock, all seems to be in good term (except for Leah now) with each other and with the parents 

I think they are all in the picture but instagram cut it off. Instagram doesn't do landscape photos well.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 10/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I guess a son from a family of 19 marrying a daughter from a family in 14 makes for a crowded group shot. Poor Kelton got cropped out. Also no Tiffany and Lawson, deliberate crop because they aren't officially engaged? And Warden is so smarmy.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20211025-214229.thumb.png.a1a6a3c19986eed21b27cfa117075c8b.png

From what I can tell, family members missing in this photo are Lawson & Tiffany, Kelton's cropped out, Alyssa/John/Maci, I actually don't see Jackson Bates or Kade Smith, Leah Keyes Taylor and her hubby of course, Aaron Keyes and his gf and baby, and Matt & Madison Keyes and their daughters. I see all the other Bates, and I think all the other Keyes siblings?

Fundie family photos sound like a fucking nightmare. 😅😅😅

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Trace seems to already be dating Lydia Romeike. I feel like if it works out, he will be married by the end of 2022. Next up is Jackson, but I feel like he will be a few years. Although, the way the girls are going, Addallee will likely have a special friend as soon as she turns 18.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Trace seems to already be dating Lydia Romeike. I feel like if it works out, he will be married by the end of 2022. Next up is Jackson, but I feel like he will be a few years. Although, the way the girls are going, Addallee will likely have a special friend as soon as she turns 18.

Jackson's trying to go into the Marines but he has to wait til he gets the metal out of his arm from breaking so he can go to bootcamp. So I think Warden will be next but it will probably be a few year. Nathan and Lawson are both in their later twenties before getting married and trace would be like 23 or 24?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Jackson's trying to go into the Marines but he has to wait til he gets the metal out of his arm from breaking so he can go to bootcamp. So I think Warden will be next but it will probably be a few year. Nathan and Lawson are both in their later twenties before getting married and trace would be like 23 or 24?

Yep. And Addallee will likely be married in the next 3-6 years. given that all the sisters but Mikayla were 22 or under when they married and Addallee will be 16 in February. So she will likely marry before Warden or Jackson. 

• Upvote 4

Wasn’t there pics of Jackson (???) close to a mystery girl at the yearly camp last year? Does anyone know if anything came of that? 
Is Chaney seeing anyone now that Trace has “moved on?”

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Wasn’t there pics of Jackson (???) close to a mystery girl at the yearly camp last year? Does anyone know if anything came of that? 

It was Warden. And they recently implied he maybe has a special someone in a instagram story. They were doing a small Q&A and that was one of two questions and he didnt reply.

Edited by llucie
corrections
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Remember the Bates boys tend to get dumped by their first girlfriend. So if Warden has a girl, I don’t expect it to last. This is Trace’s second girlfriend so it might last.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember the Bates boys tend to get dumped by their first girlfriend. So if Warden has a girl, I don’t expect it to last. This is Trace’s second girlfriend so it might last.

He is super young too so hopefully it doesnt last. But i dont think there is going to be a 3 years lapse without weddings because the tvshow would be out of content. They will push for the middle boys to marry sooner than their older brothers.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, llucie said:

It was Warden. And they recently implied he maybe has a special someone in a instagram story. They were doing a small Q&A and that was one of two questions and he didnt reply.

During a Q&A with Katie, Warden said he wasn't saying anyone currently buy the question was "did you" and Isaiah called him on it and then Katie turned the camera off before he answered..I think he was seeing someone but it ended . 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

I have lost track of their age how old are the middle boys now? Who will be the next to turn 18 or the younger kids? Crazy to think that in 3 years or so Addie will likely be engaged or already married 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, llucie said:

The IBLP Family Camp pic was last year and we spotted Warden next to one of the middle Andregg daughters - I think someone on FJ or Tumblr spotted Warden in one of the daughters' VSCO acct as well? lol. Then for awhile the only single girl he was following on IG was called Emma Langdon, not sure if he still follows here. Most recently he was in FL with Alyssa and Alyssa's "friends" including a young adult woman - I speculate that Warden is playing the field xD

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

The IBLP Family Camp pic was last year and we spotted Warden next to one of the middle Andregg daughters - I think someone on FJ or Tumblr spotted Warden in one of the daughters' VSCO acct as well? lol. Then for awhile the only single girl he was following on IG was called Emma Langdon, not sure if he still follows here. Most recently he was in FL with Alyssa and Alyssa's "friends" including a young adult woman - I speculate that Warden is playing the field xD

And he should be! That’s what young people do to figure out what they want and like in a mate. He’s way too young to be married. He should just be hanging out with girls and friends getting to know people. Teen marriage is not a good thing. Ps: I know you aren’t saying this. I’m saying this about fundie culture and young marriage.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, G33kywife said:

Did Esther’s sister ever do the video she discussed explaining her absence?

Not that I know of. I can't decide if she realizes how immature and silly the entire thing comes out or if she is waiting for some reason. Or maybe she has spoken with her family and someone had told her to quit 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 3

On 10/29/2021 at 5:54 AM, raayx01 said:

Jackson's trying to go into the Marines but he has to wait til he gets the metal out of his arm from breaking so he can go to bootcamp.

I'll believe that when he actually joins the Marines. Kelly says all kinds of things to deflect from the truth, and they walk a fine line between claiming they respect and admire the military but never allow their kids to actually serve. They get sent to ALERT instead. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I'll believe that when he actually joins the Marines. Kelly says all kinds of things to deflect from the truth, and they walk a fine line between claiming they respect and admire the military but never allow their kids to actually serve. They get sent to ALERT instead. 

Just imagine a Duggar or Bates going into the military. The parents no longer have control of their adult child. The son is now far away doing things they likely wouldn’t approve of. They meet a lot of non religious people. They become friends with people that aren’t fundie. Fundie parents would hate this. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have to point something else out about the Duggars. They idolize Grandpa Ruark because he was in the military. Yet none of their 10 sons have ever gone into the military. They have so many Duggar pilots yet no one has gone into the Air Force? We all know why they would turn down being paid to learn how to fly a plane instead of paying big bucks to learn independently. It’s just so hypocritical in my opinion. 

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have to point something else out about the Duggars. They idolize Grandpa Ruark because he was in the military. Yet none of their 10 sons have ever gone into the military. They have so many Duggar pilots yet no one has gone into the Air Force? We all know why they would turn down being paid to learn how to fly a plane instead of paying big bucks to learn independently. It’s just so hypocritical in my opinion. 

Typically, in the Air Force (and all branches of service) you must be an Officer in order to become a pilot.  In most cases, this means the Duggar or Bates kid would be required to have a 4 year college degree, then go through Officer Candidate School, and then be accepted into an pilot training programs.  Due to their specific homeschooling backgrounds it's extremely unlikely that any one of them would have the education or the self-discipline skills in order to actually achieve this.  If you can afford it, it's much, much easier to get your pilot license privately.  I doubt they'd even be able to handle the requirements to get a commercial pilots license and fly for a major airline, since those typically require bachelor's degrees these days.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Melbelle said:

Typically, in the Air Force (and all branches of service) you must be an Officer in order to become a pilot.  In most cases, this means the Duggar or Bates kid would be required to have a 4 year college degree, then go through Officer Candidate School, and then be accepted into an pilot training programs.  Due to their specific homeschooling backgrounds it's extremely unlikely that any one of them would have the education or the self-discipline skills in order to actually achieve this.  If you can afford it, it's much, much easier to get your pilot license privately.  I doubt they'd even be able to handle the requirements to get a commercial pilots license and fly for a major airline, since those typically require bachelor's degrees these days.  

I think that since JB seems to have so much money to throw around, they could afford private tutoring. I think some of them have been able to get their GEDs. I think that many of the fundies we talk about have horrible homeschooled educations. But the Duggars have the money for private lessons and tutoring. Out of all the fundie families, I would say the Duggar boys have a better chance than others because of their finances. But JB would never do that. Again because he would lose control. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that since JB seems to have so much money to throw around, they could afford private tutoring. I think some of them have been able to get their GEDs. I think that many of the fundies we talk about have horrible homeschooled educations. But the Duggars have the money for private lessons and tutoring. Out of all the fundie families, I would say the Duggar boys have a better chance than others because of their finances. But JB would never do that. Again because he would lose control. 

Yeah, JB is definitely not wasting money on a private tutor that might provide his children with access to better skills and broader opportunities.  It's much easier to put that same money into paying for those private lessons.  Not to mention, a much, much quicker turnaround on the investment since they can complete the private license pretty quickly and to become a commercial pilot is quite involved, and to become a military pilot is very, very complicated.

Edited by Melbelle
typos
  • Upvote 7

54 minutes ago, Melbelle said:

Yeah, JB is definitely not wasting money on a private tutor that might provide his children with access to better skills and broader opportunities.  It's much easier to put that same money into paying for those private lessons.  Not to mention, a much, much quicker turnaround on the investment since they can complete the private license pretty quickly and to become a commercial pilot is quite involved, and to become a military pilot is very, very complicated.

I totally agree JB wouldn’t spend the money. But with money comes many more opportunities for young adults. And it’s ridiculous to me that JB purposely limits his children when he has the money to provide them so many opportunities. 

• Upvote 2

I’m assuming Air Force wouldn’t be able to post many pics to social media because of security reasons. That In itself would kill any fundies cause if they aren’t showing it off on Insta did it really even happen? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic