IGNORED

Bates 29: Marrying Off the Sons

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

at least he won't be singing and seems to have a real job unlike Lawson

Lawson had a real job at his age! Remember he did lawn care. That’s when he was lending his parents and siblings money. 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

at least he won't be singing and seems to have a real job unlike Lawson

All the middle boys seem to be hardworking. I personally think it is unfortunate they are giving up an education to start working in construction at 14, but who knows maybe having those skills is better for their future that any education crown college would give them. I just hope that this is truly what they want and not being pushed by their parents because they dont really want to support their sons themselves.

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, llucie said:

All the middle boys seem to be hardworking. I personally think it is unfortunate they are giving up an education to start working in construction at 14, but who knows maybe having those skills is better for their future that any education crown college would give them. I just hope that this is truly what they want and not being pushed by their parents because they dont really want to support their sons themselves.

a lot of times those types of jobs can make more money than some 4 year degree. I really want to know what what made Nathan and Lawson so Lazy, entitled and lack of work ethic and the middle boys actually some what hardworking. I don't know if Jackson is going to join the military, but it's a lot more impressive than running a fake non profit and dead end country music career. I really hope the youngest two boys of the family don't become spoiled.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am SO sorry!  I was troubleshooting your tech support question and temp logged in as you to see why the settings weren't saving and commented from the wrong window.  

It was my comment.

I hope people know I do not mess around with people's accounts and wouldn't post as someone else intentionally, none of us would.  

Thank you so much. It was so wacky and unexpected, but at least I didn't say anything I really disagreed with!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I really want to know what what made Nathan and Lawson so Lazy, entitled and lack of work ethic

Probably the fact that they had to work hard at a very young age. They were Gil's slaves (AKA employees for free who are beaten if disobey) in the tree business, apart from Lawson lawn business. While they worked hard, they were poor and food was scarce. I doubt Kelly took an effort homeschooling the boys, because they were needed at the tree business.

Then, TV appeared and they discovered the easy money. They were still young and immature, so they just looked around to see fast food restaurants, cars and "fans" and quickly got the lazy way. 

I can't stand Lawson and Nathan. But they hadn't a normal childhood. 

The 3 middle boys have had better food but still, have been expected to work since a very young age. And Kelly's homeschool involvement has decreased, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson, Warden and Isaiah are even less academic than Lawson and Nathan.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, llucie said:

I am sure they justify it because he needs to be away for his job. He showed up on Katie stories in NJ with his boss.

He also put an appearance in jesses video with the house remodel helping Jason Duggar out.

• Upvote 4

Did anyone else see the US magazine article about the Bates being canceled? UpTV decided to not air new season in February. Not a Bates fan but I hope they still get paid for footage that has already been filmed.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 6

I want to know what is about to hit the news! Hopefully the planned documentary made the lawyers advise the network that any association with ATI and IBLP is not a good thing, shiny christians or not!

Edited by Mrs Ms
Forgot a letter
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Good. Now they can stop reproducing at breakneck speed and selling children; get real jobs that reflect their education and skill levels.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

They did Erin real dirty with not waiting a day to announce this. Now all their pages are going to be deluged with comments about the show instead of Finley. Carlin would have flipped a table.

• Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3

Something definitely happened. If they filmed and are now not playing the footage, that’s a lot of wasted money and work. 

The crazy thing is that there are multiple possibilities. Racism? Duggars? IBLP documentary? I bet Nathan and Esther will be so salty their big ridiculous wedding won’t be aired. 

• Upvote 37
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I hope this means that they are for real dropped and it isn’t going to be a Counting On situation where they still have a television platform to normalize a racist family that is brimming with hatred. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I hope this means that they are for real dropped and it isn’t going to be a Counting On situation where they still have a television platform to normalize a racist family that is brimming with hatred. 

If UP really is going to focus more on movies, I wonder if Tiffany will be in those wholesome family movies. 

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Nathan and Esther will be so salty their big ridiculous wedding won’t be aired

If they are for real canceled Lawson is probably in full meltdown mode. He was going to be the star of the show.

I can’t wait to find out what caused this. We knew they were terrible people, but UP viewers tend to turn a blind eye to that. Something big happened if UP decided to not even show the rest of the footage. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 2

Ads for the new BuB season are still playing - just saw one 10 minutes ago.

So this is definitely a sudden turn of events 

• Upvote 11
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 22

29 minutes ago, Shecantcomplain said:

They did Erin real dirty with not waiting a day to announce this. Now all their pages are going to be deluged with comments about the show instead of Finley. Carlin would have flipped a table.

I think they Erin (and the rest of the fam) already knew that it was coming today because she posted the picture in the hospital waiting for Finley to be born. They had previously waited to announce the births through magazine exclusives.

When she posted that pic I immediately assumed something was up, but I thought that Erin had left the show, not that it had gotten canceled. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 2

I wonder how much notice they had. How will Carlin sell Crew Stew’s picture to US Weekly? The uptick in their YouTube’s does make me think they had some kind of warning.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lawson and Tiff are getting married May 12th. 

I couldn't get on his website. It must be bare bones.

• Upvote 1

The Batesessess response to the cancelation is in this US article. God's perfect timing, blah, blah, blah....

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bringing-up-bates-season-11-dropped-by-uptv-read-statement/

It also made People Magazine https://people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-season-11-will-not-air-as-planned/

Like others, I also wonder if something else happened.

Edited by WiseGirl
add text
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic