IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 13: Sedition And Arrests

GreyhoundFan

I don’t think this has been posted here yet. It’s an inside perspective on the perifery of the insurrection as it happened on the day. Although you don’t see people inside the building itself, I find this to almost be as scary as the other images we have all seen already.

• Thank You 9

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Although you don’t see people inside the building itself, I find this to almost be as scary as the other images we have all seen already.

It's the organisation that concerns me. The guys - and in that clip I only saw men - with megaphones, shouting instructions... That people followed. Who are they? Where were they getting the megaphones from?  Who was directing this?

There were a lot more people present than I realised, and the vast majority don't seem to have broken in to the Capitol. But where did they go? Where are their heads at now - do they still believe, or are they starting to question?

On the "oh no! Ross and Carrie" podcast where they interviewed Joe Ondrack he mentioned that there is footage from when the woman was shot where you can see a protestor point their weapon in the direction the shots came from - and then hold fire. I haven't seen the footage he's talking about, but it is one of so many moments on Jan 6th where things could have gone very differently, and so much worse. On the one hand I'm glad that for so many people the institutions held. But it scares me a lot that they came so close.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but has anyone been listening to the "behind the insurrections" podcast? At times it gets annoying but as someone who didn't care much about history for a long time, it's both fascinating and terrifying to see the parallels.

• Thank You 3

45 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Proud Boys Conspiracy Charges

Getting more interesting by the minute. If these guys get bailed out, somebody better start following the money.   GoFundMe can't be used for legal fees, can it?  I'll do some idle speculation that this leads to the Oval Office, Bannon, Stone and others.  

I hope they stay in jail but home confinement with restrictions would also work. 

At least one Proud Boy was at the WH not long before the insurrection with a cover story of being on a tour.  Cue the Gilligan's Island theme song lyric..."a three-hour tourrrrrrr." 

• Upvote 9

More details - use of orange tape

also - 3 from Missouri - 2 from Arizona (not surprised by a Missouri connection)

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

11 hours ago, Smee said:

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but has anyone been listening to the "behind the insurrections" podcast? At times it gets annoying but as someone who didn't care much about history for a long time, it's both fascinating and terrifying to see the parallels.

I have, or rather, I still am, I’m up to the Franco episode. I find the two male presenters sometimes a little too-forcedly comical (there is a lot of „are you kidding me, man?“), but otherwise it is a very convincing presentation so far. I’m no expert on Mussolini or Franco, but I know quite a bit about Germany in the 1920s, and the segment on the Beer Hall Putsch was, IMHO well researched and soundly argued. 

One of the presenters (I forget the name) also did the It Could Happen Here podcast, which was done in 2019, and had some shockingly accurate predictions that came true in 2020 (minus the pandemic). It’s a very chilling thing to listen to.

• Upvote 6

Oath Keeper Leader says he waited on Trump's Signal per DOJ

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/politics/oath-keeper-justice-trump-capitol/index.html

Longer article and a video at the link. 

(CNN)The Justice Department is now making clear that a leader among the Oath Keepers paramilitary group -- who planned and led others in the US Capitol siege to attempt to stop the Biden presidency -- believed she was responding to the call from then-President Donald Trump himself.

"As the inauguration grew nearer, [Jessica] Watkins indicated that she was awaiting direction from President Trump," prosecutors wrote in a filing Thursday morning.

This is the most direct language yet from federal prosecutors linking Trump's requests for support in Washington, DC, to the most militant aspects of the insurrection.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

More details - use of orange tape

also - 3 from Missouri - 2 from Arizona (not surprised by a Missouri connection)

I'm not surprised by the Arizona, either. They really are Children of the Korn.

• Upvote 6

I was so impressed with DA Willis in this interview. I think the OFM needs to worry, she's very serious.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

That was a fantastic interview.  Also Loved Rachel's laying out the entire set of compromised agencies in Georgia necessitating the DA's taking this one on. 

• Upvote 5

Apparently the backup nuclear football kept near Pence was at risk of being taken by the traitors last month. 

Military officials overseeing the authorization process to launch nuclear weapons were unaware on January 6 that then-Vice President Mike Pence's military aide carrying the "nuclear football" was potentially in danger as rioters got close during the violent Capitol insurrection, according to a defense official. 

US Strategic Command became aware of the gravity of the incident after seeing a video played at the Senate impeachment trial Wednesday showing Pence, his Secret Service agents and a military officer carrying the briefcase with classified nuclear launch information running down a flight of stairs inside the Capitol to get to safety, the official said.

On January 6 the military officer was able to maintain control of the backup "football" at all times and the President was inside the White House, the official said. Even if the rioters had gotten hold of it, they could not have used any of the information because of the security controls on the system, the official said.

"The risk associated with the insurrectionists getting their hands on Pence's football wasn't that they could have initiated an unauthorized launch. But had they stolen the football and acquired its contents, which include pre-planned nuclear strike options, they could have shared the contents with the world," Kingston Reif, an expert on nuclear weapons policy at the nonpartisan Arms Control Association, told CNN

And these traitors probably would gave out the contents all over social media too and/or went running to the Russian embassy with the contents. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Disgusting piece of shit.

My guess is it wasn't bigger news because of COVID and the higher-level political abominations that were occurring at the time.

I've often wished that some of the Rs would get a pair.  Regarding this fella, I'd hope for the opposite.

• I Agree 9

I can't stand Meghan. It breaks my heart to see barbed wire and military forces in DC, but the threat from insane followers of the OFM is still very real.

image.png.3da90f9402529fea2de2de7ecf64aa36.png

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Disgusting piece of shit.

OK, from now on I'm assuming anyone publically proclaiming Qanon beliefs is actually talking about themselves. That seems to be how this works, doesn't it?

Trump claims election fraud in favor of Biden... all actual fraud discovered so far has been in favor of Trump. 

Trump and his base talk about democrats "stealing" the election, then proceed to attempt to literally steal the election by preventing the certification of votes.

Qanon believer proclaims Trump is fighting a cabal of pedophiles, turns out to be actual pedophile himself.

These people are living in opposite world.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were, in fact, lizard people. It might go a long way toward explaining how they can see things so completely opposite from those of us who are in fact human beings with compassion and consciences.

They are like the old schoolyard "I know you are but what am I?" come to life.

• Upvote 13

Re Barbed Wire - there's also a whole load of weirdness out there regarding the day March 4.  I heard this on CNN last week.  People claim/believe that the last 'real' US president was the 18th - when we went off the Gold Standard.  And that on March 4, OFM will become the 19th President. 

(Delusional!)

• Thank You 10

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Re Barbed Wire - there's also a whole load of weirdness out there regarding the day March 4.  I heard this on CNN last week.  People claim/believe that the last 'real' US president was the 18th - when we went off the Gold Standard.  And that on March 4, OFM will become the 19th President. 

So they're taking a page from sedevacantist Catholics? Frankly I should have seen this coming. Traditionalist Catholics love them a good conspiracy theory. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

This is not an easy read, but it really hit home. "Capitol rioters searched for Nancy Pelosi in a way that should make every woman’s skin crawl"

As rioters made their way through the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, some went looking for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. New footage of this was released at Wednesday’s session of the impeachment trial. The mob roamed hallways, searching for her office, and as they did, they called for her. “Oh, Nancy,” one man cried out, three syllables ricocheting off the walls. “Oh, Naaaaaaancy.”

If you cannot stomach reading an entire column about three syllables, you should stop here.

Oh, Naaaaaaancy is a very specific scene from a horror movie. Oh, Nancy is what the protagonist hears when she is hiding in a parking garage, or in a stairwell, or crouched under her desk, or pressed flat on the ground in a damp cornfield. Her terror is played out for entertainment, whether that means a narrow escape or a bloody death.

Oh, Naaaaaaancy is said in a singsongy voice. It is the same voice that a child would use to say, Come out, come out, wherever you arrrrre in a backyard game of hide-and-seek tag. It is playful. It is sinister. It says, I am planning to take my time, and it will not be pleasant, and it will not end well for you. The men looking for Pelosi in the Capitol were strolling, not running.

The “Nancy” part is intentional. Footage shows us that the rioters were also looking for male lawmakers; they were looking for Vice President Mike Pence. They referred to him as “Pence,” not “Mike.” They yelled his name instead of cooing it. They wanted to show they were angry with him. Her? They wanted to show she was their toy.

Some women — and I won’t say all, but I think it is closer to all than none — have heard their own first names called out in this singsong tone. Maybe a woman heard it when the front door clicked open, announcing the homecoming of the boyfriend who hits her sometimes. Or maybe she heard it intoned with flirtation and menace by the unnerving guest at a party; maybe she was hiding in the pantry at the time, concocting her excuse to leave. Or maybe she heard it while lying in bed, eyes wide-open, wishing she hadn’t told the pushy date he could sleep it off on the sofa.

Oh, Naaaaaaancy. A woman who hears it thinks of a specific kind of danger, and a man who says it thinks of that danger, too. That’s why he says it. To make clear that he is the hunter, and guess what you are?

After watching the newly released footage from the Capitol siege — a cornerstone of the House impeachment managers’ case against former president Donald Trump — it is hard to imagine there is a man, woman or nonbinary individual inside the Capitol who did not fear for their lives that day. But to be a woman in the Capitol then meant fearing for your safety in a specific way.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) spoke of this in an Instagram live stream last week: how she was acutely aware of her status as a minority woman as she rifled through staffers’ gym bags looking for sneakers to swap for her heels so she could run for her life. Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) spoke of it in an interview with New York Magazine: how when the breach began, her first reaction was to see whether any liberal female congresswomen were on the House floor. She was relieved to see that none were. She hoped that meant they were somewhere safe.

A HuffPost investigation into multiple people arrested on charges connected with their presence in the building revealed that, long before they stormed the Capitol, they had terrorized women. One had choked his wife until she nearly passed out, according to police reports. One was arrested after he allegedly pulled his sister’s door off its hinges so he could attack her. One allegedly lured his estranged wife to a hotel room, duct-taped her mouth and handcuffed her. One had allegedly harassed his ex with repeated texts: “Do the right thing and kill yourself already.”

Et cetera. Et cetera.

Mental health experts have recently begun to explore the connection between public acts of violence and misogyny, which is a connection many women already knew existed, and that is why their skin runs cold when they hear someone calling, Oh, Naaaaaaancy.

Oh, Naaaaaaancy is also self-aware. It knows it sounds like a horror movie. It is the sort of affectation a bad man might pick up after too many viewings of “The Shining.” It is what a man stalking a woman thinks a man stalking a woman should say.

He is performing a role.

He is reciting a line.

He is enacting a scene: The woman is hiding in the parking garage. The woman is hiding in the stairwell. The woman is hiding in her office. The woman is the speaker of the House of Representatives. For this scene, that doesn’t matter.

She’s not a powerful politician right now; she’s Nancy.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

Yeah good luck with that

A Republican donor who gave $2.5 million for a voter fraud investigation by a conservative nonprofit has come to regret his decision and doubt the conspiracy theories that fueled the effort, The Washington Post reported Monday. 

Court records and interviews conducted by the Post show donor Fred Eshelman has worked to get his millions back from True the Vote, a Texas-based group that vowed to expose voter fraud. 

Eshelman, who wasn't familiar with True the Vote before Election Day, had "thought about the range of possibilities around vote fraud" when he made his donations, according to the newspaper.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic