IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 13: Sedition And Arrests

GreyhoundFan

"A federal grand jury indicted Scott Fairlamb (New Jersey gym owner with a brother in the Secret Service) on 12 charges in connection with the Capitol attack: "https://justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1367306/download"

Um, I wonder how his brother might have somehow been involved, if only as a cheerleader for Scott and their Mama. And could such a Secret Service agent be trusted ever again to defend the current first family?

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You know what they say about a fool and his money...

Either he is so rich that he really won't miss that much money or his dementia is so advanced(which is not particularly advanced at all; inability to handle money is one of the earliest symptoms) that he doesn't miss it but his kids are concerned. . .

• Upvote 5

Fuck you, Ron "Sen. Ron Johnson plays down Capitol riots: ‘This didn’t seem like an armed insurrection to me’"

As a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol last month, rioters battered police with a multitude of weapons: metal flagpoles, baseball bats, wrenches and clubs. Many soaked police in caustic bear spray. One officer died in the Jan. 6 melee along with four civilians.

But Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) on Monday argued that it’s wrong to describe the group as “armed” and accused Democrats of “selectively” editing videos to exaggerate the threat posed by a mob that came within feet of Vice President Mike Pence and other elected officials.

“This didn’t seem like an armed insurrection to me,” Johnson said on WISN. “When you hear the word ‘armed,’ don’t you think of firearms? Here’s the questions I would have liked to ask: How many firearms were confiscated? How many shots were fired?”

Johnson added, “If that was a planned armed insurrection, man, you had really a bunch of idiots.”

In court filings, officials have said that guns, bombs, stun guns and other weapons were seized from rioters, the Associated Press reported. Fourteen people face charges related to bringing weapons to the riots, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, including an Alabama man who allegedly had an arsenal in his truck and a Maryland man who police say stormed the Capitol with a gun, multiple magazines and a bulletproof vest. Federal prosecutors have also accused extremist groups of coordinating the deadly attack.

Johnson’s attempts to play down the Capitol riots come as the GOP fractures over its response to the insurrection after its Saturday vote not to convict former president Donald Trump in a Senate impeachment trial that featured hours of graphic video of the attacks.

As some state parties moved this weekend to censure the seven Republican senators who voted to convict Trump, Johnson went further by also attacking Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who voted against convicting the former president but also described him as “practically and morally responsible” for the riots.

“I would like to see Leader McConnell zip his lips. This is not helpful,” Johnson said on WTAQ.

Johnson, who has long been one of Trump’s most steadfast backers in the Senate, said in interviews on multiple conservative talk radio shows on Monday that he was shocked by previously unseen videos aired in the Senate last week, which showed the mob getting perilously close to lawmakers and viciously attacking Capitol police officers.

“The racial slurs, the attack on police officers, the injuries and the loss of life — no one condones that. We all condemn that,” he said.

But Johnson accused Democrats of playing up the violence and argued that most of the Trump supporters who came to D.C. on Jan. 6 were peaceful.

“To call that an armed insurrection, it was the most pitiful armed insurrection anyone could possibly imagine,” he said on WTAQ.

Johnson also seemingly ridiculed the idea that rioters might seek to kidnap lawmakers, a concern echoed by investigations into two men seen in the Capitol carrying plastic zip ties, which can be used as hand restraints.

“That one guy in the Senate chamber had plastic wrist ties. What was he supposed to do, go up to Mike Pence and capture him? It’s absurd,” he said.

The senator from Wisconsin also said that he was “literally never afraid” during the riots, and questioned whether lawmakers should have feared the mob.

“An armed insurrection? No,” he said on WTAQ. “This was a breach.”

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He must be smoking the same crap Joni and Chuck here in Iowa do.  He really is a piece of work.  I hope he decides to honor his original promise not to run again in 2022.  Of course he'll probably forget all about his promise then. 

And yes, indeed.  Fuck you, Ron.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

What they should do is build a two bedroom supermax cell and put zip tie guy and his mother in it for the next 20 years.  I bet after a while the shine would come off being able to spend time with mother.      

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

And then, boom, this guy ignites a bomb under the false flag narrative. :pb_lol:

• WTF 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Johnson added, “If that was a planned armed insurrection, man, you had really a bunch of idiots.”

Spoiler

1475039279_BroGarywhynotboth.jpg.a3082c8494c8020b7318baf5b7bde842.jpg

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I bet after a while the shine would come off being able to spend time with mother.

And vice versa!

Edited by thoughtful
spoiler ended up inside quote
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

And then, boom, this guy ignites a bomb under the false flag narrative. :pb_lol:

Ah yes, state's exhibit A right there.

The prosecutors have upgraded the charges against that douche cannon from Des Moines

Prosecutors have upgraded charges against an Iowa man who led a crowd of insurgents in taunting a police officer up several flights of stairs inside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 attack.

An updated indictment filed in federal court in Washington D.C. now includes dangerous weapons charges to reflect that Jensen carried a knife in his pocket during the attack.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

Jeez, the insurrection was not 'insurrectionist enough' for him (I know, not a word, but you know what i mean)

Maybe they should've brought their ARs, would he feel 'better' about the word then? Dear god, some people really are stupid. Especially, considering that carring arms is not permitted in DC, as far as I know?

out of curiosity, I looked up the definition of armed, as well as the antonyms

armed(adj)

(used of persons or the military) characterized by having or bearing arms

"armed robbery"

Antonyms:
clean, armless, unarmed, weaponless, defenceless, defenseless, spineless, thornless, barehanded

Were the poor insurrectionsts weaponless, defenseless, barehanded??

I think they were, just like the Republicans, merely spineless. so I guess they were 'unarmed', in a moral or mental way..

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I think they were, just like the Republicans, merely spineless. so I guess they were 'unarmed', in a moral or mental way..

I think "unbrained" might be more accurate, though that's not a real word. 

I hope history remembers them as the spineless entitled unintelligent criminal douchewaffles they are. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

Mother/son sticks of fuck have been nailed for participating in the terrorist attack now

A Des Moines-area mother and son have been arrested by the F.B.I. for participating in the January 6th riot at the Capitol building in Washington D.C.

According to the F.B.I.’s Omaha Field Office, Deborah Sandoval, of Des Moines, and Salvador Sandoval Jr., 23, of Ankeny, were arrested on federal warrants by special agents on Friday.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

On 2/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

TIL that I once agreed with something Ron Johnson said. He's still not quite at the broken clock level.

• Upvote 7

The next big-deal day is March 4, I think.  My vague understanding is that this is the day that Trump will REALLY be inaugurated, because historical inauguration date or something.  

I'm not seeing a large gathering happening, but maybe it will be only the hardest of the hard core.  It isn't lost on them that so many people at the insurrection are facing serious legal charges, losing jobs and everything else. 

It's quite a fall to go from lecturing everybody about your 1A and 2A rights to being read your rights, then trying to raise bond, finding a lawyer and facing a possible stay in the gray bar hotel, not to mention the possibility of being held in jail if you can't raise bond or if the judge things you are too much of a violent wingnut to be allowed back out on the streets. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Just saw this about how the MeinPillow guy is begging to be sued.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

The #MeinPillow Guy got sued!

Dominion Voting Systems sued both pillow company MyPillow and its CEO Mike Lindell on Monday, after he spread baseless claims that Dominion's voting machines helped rig the 2020 US presidential election.

Dominion is seeking more than $1.3 billion in damages. Lindell is a staunch ally of former president Donald Trump and a major GOP donor. He has repeatedly supported Trump's claims challenging the integrity of the election.

In December, Lindell said that "the biggest fraud is the Dominion machines." The conspiracy theory that Dominion's technology switched votes from Trump to President Joe Biden has been thoroughly debunked.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Scalise is such a tool:

It's time the news outlets stop airing these liars. Just stop them from spreading their deceptive and incisive lies. Stop giving them oxygen. 

It's not in the interest of fairness to let them speak. They do not deserve to be heard. They are dangerous, and they are actively seeking to kill democracy.

So they need to stop aiding and abetting them.

Now.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

Not for the first time and unfortunately not the last, I yell at the clouds, "what the fuck is wrong with people?!?!?"

Pro-Trump Florida doctor charged with hate crime in alleged attack on Hispanic man on Inauguration Day: ‘This is my America’

From fervently posting on Facebook to setting up Halloween displays falsely accusing the Biden family of running a crime empire, Jennifer Susan Wright was known around her South Florida community for her fanatical support of former president Donald Trump. On Jan. 20, the same day Trump left the White House, police say the doctor took her frustrations out on a Hispanic man in a Publix parking lot.

The man was loading his groceries into his car on Inauguration Day outside the Hialeah, Fla., grocery store when Wright, who is White, allegedly stormed up to him, vandalized his car, spewed racist slurs and assaulted him.

“This is not going to be Biden’s America, this is my America,” said Wright, an anesthesiologist at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, according to an arrest report obtained over the weekend by the Miami Herald. “We should have burned it all.”

Wright, 58, was arrested Friday and charged with tampering with a victim, criminal mischief and battery with prejudice, which is classified as a hate crime, according to arrest records.

<snip> Before the alleged attack in the Hialeah parking lot, police said the man, who has not been identified, was standing in front of Wright while in line to pay for his groceries. When he noticed Wright was standing close to him, the man asked her in Spanish to remain socially distant, according to the Herald.

Wright ignored the man, prompting him to repeat the request in English. Wright then allegedly “mumbled bad words” in response, the newspaper reported.

Once in the parking lot, Wright allegedly walked up to the man and stood within one foot of his face. The man asked her to step back, police said, which enraged her even more.

The arrest report said Wright called him a slur for Hispanic people. She also allegedly said, “We should have gotten rid of you when we could.”

Then the doctor used her keys to scratch and “stab the victim’s vehicle while saying he needed to go back to his country,” the Herald reported. When the man took out his phone and attempted to call the police, Wright allegedly punched him. When the phone dropped to the ground, Wright stomped on it and kicked the man, police said.

After the alleged assault, Wright drove away in her Jeep Wrangler. On Friday, one month later, she was arrested outside her home in Miami Springs, Fla.

It gets worse, of course. . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/22/florida-doctor-trump-hate-crime/

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 3

This doctor is an anesthesiologist and responsible for maintaining the correct amount of drugs used. I really hope she didn’t screw around with her non white patients but I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic