IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think the Bates are upset. Lawson is Kelly's favorite. She thinks no one is good enough for the son who financially supported them for years. At this point most women deserve better than Lawson. 

He admitted once in an interview that he sometimes helped out with groceries or tuition. That's different from supporting a family of 21 for years. Lawson was about 19 at the time, there's no way he could've done that with a little landscaping business. There's enough to criticize this family about without exagerating.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The reality is the 99.99% of the population have never heard of the Bates family. This is the most national attention the family will ever receive. I think UP will ultimately either cancel the show or make sure Lawson and Trace are never shown on it again like Josh Duggar. This is only going to get worse as the anger over what happens seems to only be rising, as it should. 

Wasn’t Lawson the one posting Blue Lives Matter while the BLM protests were going on? Well, now a Capitol police office is dead by being hit over the head with a fire extinguisher by one of the domestic terrorists storming the Capitol, 60 officers are injured and 15 were hospitalized. So, does he still believe Blue Lives Matter when attacked by domestic terrorist trumpers? I only mention the officers because I don’t believe he, or any of the trumpers, actually care about anyone else other than their leader trump. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, socalrules said:

The reality is the 99.99% of the population have never heard of the Bates family. This is the most national attention the family will ever receive. I think UP will ultimately either cancel the show or make sure Lawson and Trace are never shown on it again like Josh Duggar. This is only going to get worse as the anger over what happens seems to only be rising, as it should. 

Wasn’t Lawson the one posting Blue Lives Matter while the BLM protests were going on? Well, now a Capitol police office is dead by being hit over the head with a fire extinguisher by one of the domestic terrorists storming the Capitol, 60 officers are injured and 15 were hospitalized. So, does he still believe Blue Lives Matter when attacked by domestic terrorist trumpers? I only mention the officers because I don’t believe he, or any of the trumpers, actually care about anyone else other than their leader trump. 

I’m sure Lawson is blaming Antifa for all the police officers harmed or killed. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 7

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad. People need to know they were there. Even if they didn’t participate in the violence, they still chose to go to this ridiculous “protest.” 

Bingo.  If they were so against the message and violence, then why would they even show up in the first place....even if the only reason for them not to was to protect the family brand and stay out of the limelight?  That's just looking for trouble.  How stupid can they get?  Don't they realize by now that in this world the Internet never forgets and someone always knows or is able to find out something?  

Yet another example of the wonderful critical thinking skills fostered and brought to you by the SOTDRT.  

• Upvote 9

Here's what kills me, back in 2016 he posted this on insta:

IMG_0115.thumb.jpg.be364c273fa1a5bb8c07a41498adf31c.jpg

"Character matters" and "past performance is always the best predictor of future behavior" And now here he is four years later at a Proud Boys rally. Maybe he didn't storm the capitol but he clearly does and will continue to support Trump. All of the Bates are trash. 

• Upvote 26
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

Why was Lawson at the rally? It seems to protest democracy and to strip the votes from people he doesn't agree with.  So even if he didn't storm the capital he was there to cause damage to our country.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

Since Lawson's been deleting tweets (those claiming antifa was behind the attack are gone now), I'm saving this one for posterity:

552600747_ScreenShot2021-01-08at10_53_17AM.thumb.png.b93ed2fcbcdf58bf84adabc65bc342e9.png

According to Lawson bates, there is no difference between burning down businesses and breaking into and desecrating our nation's capital, trying to kill elected officials, and trying to overthrow a democracy.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 7
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

He admitted once in an interview that he sometimes helped out with groceries or tuition. That's different from supporting a family of 21 for years. Lawson was about 19 at the time, there's no way he could've done that with a little landscaping business. There's enough to criticize this family about without exagerating.

Except their only other form of income was grifting. I think he was younger when he started working at that landscaping business. Lawson may have been lying, because he was trying to cover for his parents and make them look good. 

• Upvote 4

Gil had the tree business.  What was said was that Lawson loaned them money or bought groceries to help tide them over when tree customers were late paying.  He also loaned his siblings money for school.  They never said that Lawson was supporting the entire family.  

Do I think Lawson was ever fully repaid?  I kind of doubt it, but I won't ever think he was the sole financial support either.

• Upvote 7

45 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Gil had the tree business.  What was said was that Lawson loaned them money or bought groceries to help tide them over when tree customers were late paying.  He also loaned his siblings money for school.  They never said that Lawson was supporting the entire family.  

Do I think Lawson was ever fully repaid?  I kind of doubt it, but I won't ever think he was the sole financial support either.

My memory was Lawson and the boys were doing most of the work with the tree service, because Gil was older. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

My memory was Lawson and the boys were doing most of the work with the tree service, because Gil was older. 

Later in the show that was true.  However, at the time Lawson was running the lawn service, Gil was running the tree service and was even filmed up in the trees.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Lawson covered in a litter of puppies wouldn't be cute enough to erase this. Damage control would have been acknowledging you were there for a peaceful protest but were horrified by the actions taken and condemn it. Not deleting and pretending it never happened.

Kelly must be beside herself that her golden boy didn't inherit her natural savvy ability to put a positive spin on things.

I don't understand why they aren't doing this as it seems like the obvious damage control. They may well have only been at the rally before it hit the capitol, but the deleting just makes everything look suspicious even if they were nowhere near it

ETA - seems like they did deny it

8 hours ago, BennettLeland said:

Here's what kills me, back in 2016 he posted this on insta:

IMG_0115.thumb.jpg.be364c273fa1a5bb8c07a41498adf31c.jpg

"Character matters" and "past performance is always the best predictor of future behavior" And now here he is four years later at a Proud Boys rally. Maybe he didn't storm the capitol but he clearly does and will continue to support Trump. All of the Bates are trash. 

I wish more people have stuck to this position and remembered it

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Lawson retweeted an anti Disney tweet. Wonder how Tiffany feels about him going after her main source of income. 

She works for Disney?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Lawson retweeted an anti Disney tweet. Wonder how Tiffany feels about him going after her main source of income. 

Oh no he didn’t!!!! Disney is the bomb!!!! What was it? I don’t have Twitter. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

2 hours ago, meep said:

Yes, how do we find this out? 

We need to find this out. People on reddit have posted responses from Up saying they weren't part of the violence ?. Much like TLC, we can't count on them to make the moral decision. 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Bates boys worked from.early teen ages. Lawson was 13 and practically working full time.between his little.business and working for Gil. There is a video showing 13 (14?) years old Lawson shopping food for the family and Gil and Kelly explaining he feed the family often. It could have been fake, but who fakes that? It left Gil as a pathetic provider.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Bates boys worked from.early teen ages. Lawson was 13 and practically working full time.between his little.business and working for Gil. There is a video showing 13 (14?) years old Lawson shopping food for the family and Gil and Kelly explaining he feed the family often. It could have been fake, but who fakes that? It left Gil as a pathetic provider.

He also gave Erin the money for Clown College. Let's not forget that. He was welllll supporting the family when he was a teenager, and we all know K&G take advantage of everyone, it's naive to think Lawson was buying groceries "sometimes".

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I look at his twitter and it's the perfect window into the minds of people who think this attack was ok.

And they're doubling down on the free speech/cancel culture stuff.

Twitter's a private platform and he did violate their TOS. They are within their rights to ban him. However, it is disconcerting that a small number of companies hold this much unregulated power to arbitrarily influence what is bossted in the public sphere (see also: the FaceBook algorithm) This is the only thing I've ever semi-agreed with Lawson Bates on, although I don't think he's coming from a well-reasoned or sincere place at *all*. It's not the public good he's thinking of, but the endless manufactured grievance

Ultimately it's for the best that Trump is no longer on Twitter

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I like to believe I'm not vindictive but I wouldn't cry if Tiffany's association with Lawsin found its way to Disney and both of them were no longer employed or ever hired anywhere. I don't want this asshole to get more of a following/his celebrity dreams come true and if she is just as bad as him one less fundie making money off the public works for me. It also wouldn't bother me if the relationship went south because suddenly she realizes his toxic beliefs negatively impact her career. Then again I'm guessing she has the same toxic beliefs so I'm okay with her not getting a higher public profile as well. I'm over these fundies getting away with shit.The only way these networks will care is/if it hurts their bottom line.

• Upvote 11

On 1/8/2021 at 7:59 PM, TuringMachine said:

According to Lawson bates, there is no difference between burning down businesses and breaking into and desecrating our nation's capital, trying to kill elected officials, and trying to overthrow a democracy.

A lot of fundies and right-wingers are making this false equivalence. They actually think destroying businesses is worse, because they're convinced that private property, not democratic government, is the hallmark of American freedom. Which is super scary. 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I like to believe I'm not vindictive but I wouldn't cry if Tiffany's association with Lawsin found its way to Disney and both of them were no longer employed or ever hired anywhere. I don't want this asshole to get more of a following/his celebrity dreams come true and if she is just as bad as him one less fundie making money off the public works for me. It also wouldn't bother me if the relationship went south because suddenly she realizes his toxic beliefs negatively impact her career. Then again I'm guessing she has the same toxic beliefs so I'm okay with her not getting a higher public profile as well. I'm over these fundies getting away with shit.The only way these networks will care is/if it hurts their bottom line.

Duggar data asked yesterday for proof that Lawson and Tiffany are together. I thought I had found pictures of them together, but it turns the photos were of her and her brother. 

Both Lawson and Trace deserve consequences and maybe Kelly and Gil. I don't really think that should to  extend Tiffany. Either she is dating a man and may not know him that well or they're not even dating. Say what you will about Liberty, it's an accredited college. She has a real college degree; she may not want to date a man with few prospects and may expect her to pop out a quiver. 

I'd feel differently if they were married, but I'm not sure they're really involved. Lawson has taken pictures with lots of pretty young things, who would never get involved. 

On the other hand, a lot of her acting credits are old. Who knows if she even has current gig?

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic