Jump to content
IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 19: We Keep Track So They Don't Have To


Bethella

Recommended Posts

Whenever I hear the name Emma I immediately think of the Spice Girls. Emma Bunton = Baby Spice

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I was pregnant with my first, my husband pointed out a cute cat nearby for me to see because I love cats. It had a slight limp. I started bawling my eyes out because this random cat had a limp. Pregnancy is weird sometimes.

Even reading this brings tears to my eyes! Pregnancy is SO weird - I'm nauseous 80% of the day and feel like I'm starving 90% of the day. I'm so soooo tired yet I hardly manage to sleep through the night. I'm really lucky that I'm mostly working from home at the moment so I can plan my day around a nap.

Thank you for all your kind wishes - I'm deeply touched!

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also: who cares if a name is popular? If you like the name, you like the name, and that's what's important. 
My two best friends have the same name. Their name was extremely popular around the time they were born (there were at least 5 others of their name in our university class of 60 people). They are also friends. They don't care that they have the same name, or that there are a lot of women their age with their name. They are still unique individuals. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m an Emma, so your unborn daughter is in great company 😉 I know several other Emma’s ranging in age from 1 to 50 and at least one of the young children was named after her great-grandmother (I myself was apparently named after the Jane Austen heroine). There was a bit of an Emma surge here in Aus and in the UK in the late 2000s as well, but it seems less pronounced to me than the surges of Olivia and Sophia and Isabella, possibly because it had been a top 50 name for so many decades already. To me it’s a name that really does fit the definition of “classic” because if I got say an email from someone named Emma I would not be able to guess how old that person is based on their age. I get the impression that in the US there are fewer Emma’s my age (30s) and older so it seems more trendy?

  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me Emma is just asociated with the novel and it is classy and nice. Also is one of the few english names that is spelled the same in spanish, so i could actually use it in real life!

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, llucie said:

To me Emma is just asociated with the novel and it is classy and nice. Also is one of the few english names that is spelled the same in spanish, so i could actually use it in real life!

Ethnicity was a consideration for me as well. My family is Russian and it’s a name that translates well.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Bethany Wissmann Beasley had Felicity Anne Beasley this morning (Jan 28th)

It seems that "Felicity" is a fashion name in fundie families...... as "Jubilee", "Mercy" and the eternal "Grace"

The Duggars, Krahns, Kecklers, Maynards, ........

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, llucie said:

To me Emma is just asociated with the novel and it is classy and nice. Also is one of the few english names that is spelled the same in spanish, so i could actually use it in real life!

Our thinking as well!

I always loved the name because of Jane Austen and when I was dating my husband he told me his late grandmother's name was Emma (who was a feminist bad-ass lady) and she was his favorite person, so when we found out I was pregnant there was no question, if we had a girl, it was going to be Emma. Last week, we found out it's a girl 💜

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the Snark-World and the Facebook-World collide.... I got an Article on a German news site as a suggestion o FB. It was a "Stern-TV" Article taken from the Daily Mail about Courtney Rogers and her Brood. It says in the Artivle that she had an Emergency C-Section with Caris. 

  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

When the Snark-World and the Facebook-World collide.... I got an Article on a German news site as a suggestion o FB. It was a "Stern-TV" Article taken from the Daily Mail about Courtney Rogers and her Brood. It says in the Artivle that she had an Emergency C-Section with Caris. 

She said her doctor told her to wait if she wants to have a 12th child. So we can be sure Caris won’t be an Irish twin. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

When the Snark-World and the Facebook-World collide.... I got an Article on a German news site as a suggestion o FB. It was a "Stern-TV" Article taken from the Daily Mail about Courtney Rogers and her Brood. It says in the Artivle that she had an Emergency C-Section with Caris. 

I haven't heard that Courtney officially shared that information. Did they talk to Courtney?  I had speculated it was an emergency c-section, based on the description of the birth. (It sounded like the baby was stuck and needed to come out immediately.) But I hadn't heard that officially.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I haven't heard that Courtney officially shared that information. Did they talk to Courtney?  I had speculated it was an emergency c-section, based on the description of the birth. (It sounded like the baby was stuck and needed to come out immediately.) But I hadn't heard that officially.

It’s in the q + a saved in her ig story highlights 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

It’s in the q + a saved in her ig story highlights 

I was unable to see it. She did have a q and a story, but no mention of a c-section. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I was unable to see it. She did have a q and a story, but no mention of a c-section. 

Oh, sorry.. I thought you were talking about her doctor’s recommendation to wait to have baby #12 since that’s the post right above yours 🙈 She doesn’t mention a c-section

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Emma was popular here in the Scotland in the 80s and 90s but hasn't fallen completely out of use. A few years ago I wouldn't have considered names like Emma but now I love more classic names for girl and boys and so far we don't have any Emma's in my family, after having 10 John's on both sides of my family has made me not want to use any name that has already been used. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Natalie Cuidon (Coghlan, daughter of former “Life in a Shoe” blogger Kim Coghlan) and her husband Samuel are expecting a baby according to her dad’s (public) Facebook. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DonutWench said:

Natalie Cuidon (Coghlan, daughter of former “Life in a Shoe” blogger Kim Coghlan) and her husband Samuel are expecting a baby according to her dad’s (public) Facebook. 

I wonder if it's a honeymoon or a shotgun baby? They got married in late September and her ultrasound photos from early January show a pretty developed fetus.

Not that it matters, but considering Kim and Perry cut Deanna off once she got divorced and was "living in sin"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know that the Robertson’s aren’t typical fundies discussed so I’m sorry if this is off topic but I fell down an Instagram rabbit hole yesterday and Sadie Robertson.. Huff? Is having a girl and the hints she gave for the name is It’s a word  you see a lot but isn’t traditionally a name and it’s from the bible. So I imagine they’re having a virtue name (could the name be virtue?!) but a non common one? I think her nephews name is John Shepard so they could go pretty out there. Mostly I just have no where else to chat about this so. Thank you for indulging me.

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

I wonder if it's a honeymoon or a shotgun baby? They got married in late September and her ultrasound photos from early January show a pretty developed fetus.

Not that it matters, but considering Kim and Perry cut Deanna off once she got divorced and was "living in sin"...

I don’t think they’ve cut Deanna off as of right now. I think Deanna has 4 very small boys and I’m pretty sure Perry visits with them and posts pics. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Noquiver said:

I know that the Robertson’s aren’t typical fundies discussed so I’m sorry if this is off topic but I fell down an Instagram rabbit hole yesterday and Sadie Robertson.. Huff? Is having a girl and the hints she gave for the name is It’s a word  you see a lot but isn’t traditionally a name and it’s from the bible. So I imagine they’re having a virtue name (could the name be virtue?!) but a non common one? I think her nephews name is John Shepard so they could go pretty out there. Mostly I just have no where else to chat about this so. Thank you for indulging me.

There are a lot of possible names like that in the Bible. It may not even be a virtue name. Some Christians are pretty pretentious when it comes to naming. Like Doug Phillips. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Noquiver said:

I know that the Robertson’s aren’t typical fundies discussed so I’m sorry if this is off topic but I fell down an Instagram rabbit hole yesterday and Sadie Robertson.. Huff? Is having a girl and the hints she gave for the name is It’s a word  you see a lot but isn’t traditionally a name and it’s from the bible. So I imagine they’re having a virtue name (could the name be virtue?!) but a non common one? I think her nephews name is John Shepard so they could go pretty out there. Mostly I just have no where else to chat about this so. Thank you for indulging me.

Oh gosh, so many random words are popping into my head right now: Well, Spring, Clay, Lamb, Angel, Eden, Reed, Mercy, Sunday, Olive, Dove... I guess some of these sound like real names?

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think they’ve cut Deanna off as of right now. I think Deanna has 4 very small boys and I’m pretty sure Perry visits with them and posts pics. 

Yes, but she did post on here a few years ago before she got remarried and said she was being shunned at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Oh gosh, so many random words are popping into my head right now: Well, Spring, Clay, Lamb, Angel, Eden, Reed, Mercy, Sunday, Olive, Dove... I guess some of these sound like real names?

Most of those ARE real names.  I'm going with Cubit. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erin Bates announced today that she's had 3 surgeries for severe ovarian cysts in the past few months that have resulted in the complete removal of one ovary, and partial removal of a second. Obviously hoping she is doing well physically, but her future fertility has no doubt taken a hit. 

  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Bethella locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.