IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 19: We Keep Track So They Don't Have To

Bethella

My mom is a twin and to be honest given my age I would love to have twins if boyfriend and I decide to start a family. I always knew I wanted more than one kid so they would have at least each other since there are no cousins around. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Not a thread but she was discussed in this topic back in December when she announced her 7th pregnancy. They're Romanian Orthodox. And I believe they conceived the triplets without any fertility treatment which is incredibly rare! 

Is this the family? If so, they are actually evangelical/ fundie. https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/education/2017/07/04/grateful-opportunity-sprawling-romanian-family-praises-ozarks-otc/399961001/

• Thank You 4

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Is this the family? If so, they are actually evangelical/ fundie. https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/education/2017/07/04/grateful-opportunity-sprawling-romanian-family-praises-ozarks-otc/399961001/

I don’t think that’s the same family. Googled earlier today (I’m in Europe) and found the same article but it’s not the same parents and I don’t think any of the boys in that family is the father in the other Grandinariu family. Correct me if I’m wrong.

• I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

I don’t think that’s the same family. Googled earlier today (I’m in Europe) and found the same article but it’s not the same parents and I don’t think any of the boys in that family is the father in the other Grandinariu family. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I don't know if it's their parents but they are definitely related somehow. On their instagram they post some pics with the orchard tagged and in one they mention that it's owned by family.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

I didn't know they were fundie....I must admit to a bit of rabbit-holing last week with the Grads (just too easy on a slow day working from home!) and watched one of their videos. Thought they were just trying to make money off their social media presence.

Though they are clearly going for as many kids as they can.

And I got a bit too involved with multiple birth probability...

Did you know the chance of having twins again if you already have a set (fraternal) are 1 in 12? So Michelle Duggar was spot on the odds! And that means Courtney Rogers and Dorothy Sanders have the same odds, though they probably won't have the number of pregnancies to bear it out.

Also: Jana has a 1 in 17 chance of twins, and all her sisters (and Abbie Duggar) have a 1 in 60 chance. 

For the general population, the chance of twins is 1 in 285. Luckily the 'twin gene' can't be expressed by males, so Kendra Duggar doesn't have an increased chance (though their daughters may). But you just know she would be the 1 in 285!

Why is Jana's chance higher than her sisters? There shouldn't be anything different about her genetically from her sisters even though she's from a twin pregnancy. 

My cousin had 2 sets of fraternal twins from 8 pregnancies. She's got 9 kids (one pregnancy was 2nd trimester miscarriage), and we've wonder if 1) she'll have more and 2) if she'll have more twins. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Why is Jana's chance higher than her sisters? There shouldn't be anything different about her genetically from her sisters even though she's from a twin pregnancy. 

My cousin had 2 sets of fraternal twins from 8 pregnancies. She's got 9 kids (one pregnancy was 2nd trimester miscarriage), and we've wonder if 1) she'll have more and 2) if she'll have more twins. 

Well from what I read, if you are a twin (and female), your chances are higher than if your mother or sister has twins. I'm not sure why that would be though.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Well from what I read, if you are a twin (and female), your chances are higher than if your mother or sister has twins. I'm not sure why that would be though.

I know someone who has twins. Her mother has a twin brother. So it skipped a generation & she had twins. 

• Upvote 2

Not sure if we're following them but Jeremiah Willis and his wife Lexi are expecting baby #2. He didn't say when but looks like may be this summer.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

When my mum was pregnant with me, Triplet 1 and Triplet 2 she was quoted the odds of triplets’ natural conception as being 1/10,000! She hadn’t had any fertility treatment and what’s more, there wasn’t any history of multiples on either side of the family either (other than I think one of my grandad’s siblings had had a twin which died in utero).

I just wish I could have inherited my mother’s fertility (I’m going through IVF treatment at the moment) but that’s another topic! I’d be really happy to have twins or higher order multiples, as long as it didn’t affect the babies’ health in the womb.

Wow, those are tiny odds. I have a friend who has triplets, also conceived without fertility treatment and with no family history of multiples. All fraternal too, so who knows what was going on with her body to release 3 eggs that cycle. 

Are the Grad triplets identical? They look it, but maybe they’re just often dressed matchy. 

I did always think I wanted twins, especially in my final pregnancy (I always wanted 4 kids but Mr Smee did not). In reality, parenting one kid at a time was hard enough.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I know someone who has twins. Her mother has a twin brother. So it skipped a generation & she had twins. 

Both of my grandmothers had sets of fraternal twins and my paternal grandfather was a fraternal twin. I've always had a strong feeling that I'd have twins myself and been completely terrified by that prospect but the older I get, the less terrifying that idea seems considering my child bearing years are becoming fewer and I'd like a minimum of two kids (preferably 3 or 4).

• Upvote 4

I believe this was discussed way back but Lundyn Smith(sister of Logan “flying4jesus”Smith) who had her child out of wedlock with one of the Wilson boys (Jake I think?) has a public instagram again and he seems to be scrubbed from it. He’s private so I’m not sure but she doesn’t mention being engaged in her bio and I thought there was an engagement post and some other shout outs to him before. If this is being discussed somewhere else please let me know!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Wow, those are tiny odds. I have a friend who has triplets, also conceived without fertility treatment and with no family history of multiples. All fraternal too, so who knows what was going on with her body to release 3 eggs that cycle. 

That’s what happened to one of my new dog clients. She had triplets in 1974 (1 girl & 2 boys). The boys are not identical. I have seen photos of her kids they don’t even look like siblings let alone triplets. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

That’s what happened to one of my new dog clients. She had triplets in 1974 (1 girl & 2 boys). The boys are not identical. I have seen photos of her kids they don’t even look like siblings let alone triplets. 

I thought you meant the dog and was pretty confused!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

@Triplet3 Were you Baby C? I'm just guessing based on your username.

Yes, I was pushed to the back of the womb so had to come out last (we were born caesarean). My sisters could have come out in either order.

They are genetically identical and I’m fraternal (though I actually look so much like them I get mistaken for them sometimes), so our mother only released two eggs. I do occasionally wonder what life would have been like if my egg had split as well, i.e. if we’d been quadruplets formed of two identical pairs, but ultimately who knows? Anyway, I’m really glad to be a triplet and I know that my sisters and I wouldn’t change it for the world!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 21

I had my twins when my oldest was 2y9m.  My heart is breaking for that mama in those photos.. So exhausted.. so void of emotion.. I don't know their story but I worry for the c/s trauma, the peri natal and post natal depression.. I feel for her!!!

My twins are in high school and their class has SO FREAKING MANY multiples.. we have done a year book spread on them!  lol one of the sets of triplets are identical and their mom was 19 when she had them. 

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Noquiver said:

I believe this was discussed way back but Lundyn Smith(sister of Logan “flying4jesus”Smith) who had her child out of wedlock with one of the Wilson boys (Jake I think?) has a public instagram again and he seems to be scrubbed from it. He’s private so I’m not sure but she doesn’t mention being engaged in her bio and I thought there was an engagement post and some other shout outs to him before. If this is being discussed somewhere else please let me know!

I’m sure they’ve split. I said they wouldn’t last back when she was pregnant. She got pregnant only a few months into their relationship. And he’s a very angry young man. All that put together means it probably won’t last. 

My guess for the future? She needs help from her parents so she will go back to being fundie-ish and live with her parents for the next few years. Maybe she will find some guy to marry so she isn’t pitied and talked about amongst all the “good Christians” around her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe she will find some guy to marry so she isn’t pitied and talked about amongst all the “good Christians” around her. 

The "good Christians" will still talk about her and the "big sacrifice" the husband brought by marrying a non-virgin with a child...

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

40 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

The "good Christians" will still talk about her and the "big sacrifice" the husband brought by marrying a non-virgin with a child...

I often wonder how Kelly Brown (former Bradrick, don't know her family name nowadays) feel about her and treat her. She once was a poster girl for the whole SAHD movement, but then her marriage failed and she was on her own with 5 or 6 kiddos and remarried a few years later. Does her community value her new husband like kind of a saint for "taking her"? Or do her beauty and fertility still make a her a fundie trophy wife?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

I often wonder how Kelly Brown (former Bradrick, don't know her family name nowadays) feel about her and treat her. She once was a poster girl for the whole SAHD movement, but then her marriage failed and she was on her own with 5 or 6 kiddos and remarried a few years later. Does her community value her new husband like kind of a saint for "taking her"? Or do her beauty and fertility still make a her a fundie trophy wife?

Good questions. Kelly married Robert Ziegler in 2018, a year or so after returning to her parents' home in NC when her marriage to Peter collapsed. Ziegler seems to be a fundie patriarse, like her father, Scott Brown. While I'd love to think that Kelly's choice prevailed in her remarriage, given the milieu they all live in and Scott Brown's endless mantras about Daddy-controlled courtships, etc., I'd be surprised if the marriage wasn't semi-arranged.

That said, a possible good side is that if Scott Brown arranged Kelly's marriage to Ziegler, nobody in their community is going to "gossip" openly about the failure of Kelly's first marriage.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure they’ve split. I said they wouldn’t last back when she was pregnant. She got pregnant only a few months into their relationship. And he’s a very angry young man. All that put together means it probably won’t last. 

My guess for the future? She needs help from her parents so she will go back to being fundie-ish and live with her parents for the next few years. Maybe she will find some guy to marry so she isn’t pitied and talked about amongst all the “good Christians” around her. 

What are guesses for his future? I hope he's single for a while. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What are guesses for his future? I hope he's single for a while. 

He seems so angry and unhappy that I think it’s possible he will be single for a few years. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He seems so angry and unhappy that I think it’s possible he will be single for a few years. 

Do you think his anger/unhappiness is related to his dad’s death? 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Do you think his anger/unhappiness is related to his dad’s death? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. They all seemed to love their dad. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic