IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 9: Biden Wins Again And Continues Building An Administration

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

The Republican Party really needs to split and divide between the traditional GOP and the (moronic) populist/tea party mess that keeps trying to take over.  

The question is, what exactly is the traditional GOP? The party has been hollowed out and taken over by partisanship and rich donors for decades. It should have been shaken up when Nixon was ousted; instead the party set out on the current path that led to trumpism. This did not happen overnight -- it took them nearly 50 years to get to this point.

What should happen is that true conservative politicians-- those with integrity -- should form their own party. I think they would attract a lot of former republicans who do not feel at home with either the trumplicans or the mcconnellites. The new party can represent fiscal conservatism, like the GOP actually should have been doing, but hasn't been for almost half a century.

• Upvote 14

So Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz and 10 other senators/senators-elect are going to reject the electors from states that Biden won until there are audits in those states. From WaPo:

The senators contend they are not trying to reverse the election results, but rather give voice to those who don’t believe it was conducted fairly, despite no investigation nor court finding any evidence of wrongdoing.

WTAF? Haven't they been given their voice some 38 times already since the election and been told to STFU? They are accomplishing nothing at this point beyond inflaming the Trumpistas and pretty much guaranteeing a solid two weeks' worth of violence.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

37 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

WTAF? Haven't they been given their voice some 38 times already since the election and been told to STFU? They are accomplishing nothing at this point beyond inflaming the Trumpistas and pretty much guaranteeing a solid two weeks' worth of violence.

For Ted Cruz, this is all about getting Trump's fans on his side when he runs for president in 2024.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

And that will include the senator elect of Kansas

I kind of feel that any senators voting against that should be automatically agreeing to their own election being called null and void, and to a paper ballot only re-run of that race. You don't get to pick and choose whose election you feel is valid.

44 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

So Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz and 10 other senators/senators-elect are going to reject the electors from states that Biden won until there are audits in those states.

Why stop there? Do a full audit of all 50 states, all voting machines, all races. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Not only do I agree re Cruz pandering to the Trump faithful for 24, I said the same thing about Hawley who denies planning to run.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

45 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

For Ted Cruz, this is all about getting Trump's fans on his side when he runs for president in 2024.

At what cost, though? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

34 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

At what cost, though? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

If you told Cruz this whole thing would end in a bloody civil war with twelve people, eight chickens, five cows, three cats, two dogs, and a raccoon named Shirley being the only survivors, he'd start tailoring his message to win their votes.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

Good thread on the congressional seditionists:

Unrolled version here.

Another great thread from Steve Schmidt on the subject:

Unrolled version here.

I do wonder where in his list he puts McConnell...

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Yep, this about sums up their hypocrisy.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 1/1/2021 at 3:58 PM, Audrey2 said:

Up until the late '80s, as I recall, there was a law saying news hat to present both viewpoints. After the law was abolished, Rush Limbaugh and conservative talk radio started flooding airwaves, followed by Fox News. Since the news became heavily partisan, people's thoughts and opinions are informed by the personalities they hear. They repeat the be talking points until their listeners believe them and all other information is fake news. This also led to the villianization of the liberals. 

Yes, the FCC Fairness Doctrine was eliminated by the Reagan administration. That opened the door to the right wing nut jobs like Limbaugh and Jones, plus outlets like Faux, OAN, and Newsmax. I graduated from college that same year and remember many debates in classes about how it would impact the media landscape. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Did anyone need more confirmation why you shouldn't vote for Perdue?

(unless you're an incel white supremacist, of course)

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

If you told Cruz this whole thing would end in a bloody civil war with twelve people, eight chickens, five cows, three cats, two dogs, and a raccoon named Shirley being the only survivors, he'd start tailoring his message to win their votes.

He'd have his work cut out for him - I hear Shirley is not easy to win over.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

https://apple.news/Ahnl7g-KDTP2e3CE712Pj5w

In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 12,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”

He’s like Gollum, frantically tracking “his” ring, unable to believe he lost it. 

I’d say it’s flipping unbelievable, but oh no, it’s not...

• Upvote 14

30 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

https://apple.news/Ahnl7g-KDTP2e3CE712Pj5w

He’s like Gollum, frantically tracking “his” ring, unable to believe he lost it. 

I’d say it’s flipping unbelievable, but oh no, it’s not...

They've posted part of the telephone conversation on the Washington Post.  Holy shit.  Trump is leaning so hard on Raffensperger. Trump keeps telling Raffensperger that he would be "really respected" if he found 11,780 votes for Trump and managed to do that before the election on Tuesday.  Trump also keeps saying that Dominion has moved part of their "machinery" out and that that needs to stop.  Raffensperger's general counsel is also on the call and backs up everything that is said.  Trump dismisses him with something along the lines of "I'm sure he's a pretty good lawyer but..."  Trump implies that the Georgia people don't know what they're doing and that they could be prosecuted for crimes for not reporting election fraud.  The call apparently went on for an hour.

From WaPo:   The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

I think they ought to go ahead and impeach the SOB next week.  This is sedition.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 10

Raffensperger totally leaked that recording out. Trump sounds very desperate. He is trying all his usual tactics and nothing is working and he sounds a bit baffled.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

He'd have his work cut out for him - I hear Shirley is not easy to win over.

Rufus/Shirley 2024- It's not like we can screw things up any worse than the humans. ??

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic