IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 9: Biden Wins Again And Continues Building An Administration

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

The electoral college is voting today to declare Biden the winner again. Trump is still threatening more lawsuits (I guess he's appealing to Judge Judy or Judge Box-o-Whine). The Supreme Court turned him down cold. He's also encouraging his crazed supporters, like the pants-less Proud Boys. Biden is building an administration of seasoned professionals, which is upsetting some folks.

More popcorn is needed.

20200714_popcorn.JPG

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 3

• GreyhoundFan pinned this topic

"Biden wins again" is possibly both the strangest and funniest thing about this election.

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh good, I hope they put their full names and addresses and are prosecuted. That'd be at federal level, right?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

Just now, Ozlsn said:

"Biden wins again" is possibly both the strangest and funniest thing about this election.

Groundhog Day II: Election Edition

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I agree. I considered adding "and again" for each lawsuit plus the actual election in November and today's electoral college vote, but figured that was overkill.

I remember Bush v. Gore. It dragged on, but the candidates were both adult about it.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I remember Bush v. Gore. It dragged on, but the candidates were both adult about it.

The weirdest thing about that election to me was that they called it for Bush when the number of votes still to be counted in Florida was more than the margin they called it by. Three out of four Australians watching together in San Francisco went "what?!?" and grabbed for laptops to try and find why - the other (my politically less engaged husband) went "has it finished yet?" and kept reading his magazine. And then we had months of hanging chads. If ever there was an election that should have been reheld with pen and paper... 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

A Michigan Republican lost his committee assignments. 

A Michigan state representative who suggested there was “going to be violence” at the Capitol in Lansing on Monday ahead of the state’s electors meeting to cast their votes for Joe Biden has lost his committee assignments for the rest of the year. The move against Rep. Gary Eisen comes after his comments during a Monday interview on WPHM, in which he said he couldn’t assure listeners it would be a safe day at the Michigan Capitol building. “I don’t know, because what we’re doing today is uncharted,” Eisen said. “It hasn’t been done. It’s not me doing it, it’s the Michigan House... it’s the Michigan party. I’m just a witness.”

“We have been consistent in our position on issues of violence and intimidation in politics—it is never appropriate and never acceptable,” Republican House Speaker Lee Chatfield and Republican Speaker-elect Jason Wentworth said in a statement. That applies to threats made toward public officials, and it must also apply when the public officials open the door to violent behavior and refuse to condemn it. We must do better.”

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Oh look! A rat leaving the sinking ship. 

I can't seem to make the letter larger and readable enough to put under a spoiler, so you'll have to click on it to read it in full.

Best paragraphs:

[...] It is unacceptable for political candidates to treat our election system as though we are a third-world nation and incite distrust of something as basic as the sanctity of our vote. Further, it is unacceptable for the president to attack the Supreme Court of the United States because its judges, both liberal and conservative, did not rule with his side or the "the Court failed him". It was our Founding Fathers objective to insulate the Supreme Court from such blatant political motivations.

If Republican leaders collectively all back and tolerate unfounded conspiracy theories and "stop the steal" rallies without speaking out for our electoral process, which the Department of Homeland Security said was "the most secure in American history" our nation will be damaged.  [...]

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 10

Normal people: good, that's done. Now can we get some much-needed work done in this country?

Trumpers: THE BALL'S IN OUR COURT! WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP? ONWARD! PUT ON YOUR YELLOW SKIRT AND MAGA HAT! AAAARRRRGHHHHH!

image.png.6568fef8c95db255c5247746c9b3e673.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

36 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Normal people: good, that's done. Now can we get some much-needed work done in this country?

Trumpers: THE BALL'S IN OUR COURT! WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP? ONWARD! PUT ON YOUR YELLOW SKIRT AND MAGA HAT! AAAARRRRGHHHHH!

image.png.6568fef8c95db255c5247746c9b3e673.png

But, but, but, Trump said if the electors choose Biden of course he would leave.

And I've never known him to lie... :pantsonfire:

• Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Did someone put something in Texas's water supply? They all seem to have gone a bit loopy.

I suspect Alex Jones has been dosing himself on his Super Male Vitality supplements and then urinating in Texan reservoirs. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll just drop it here.  Paul Behrends, the aide to Dana Rohrabacher died a couple of days ago.  He was said to be out walking and they suspect that he fell.  He died from "severe head trauma".

for those who don't remember, Rohrabacher was dubbed "Putin's congressman".  Behrends traveled to Russia with Rohrabacher and worked to try to get the sanctions against Russia lifted.  Rohrabacher was defeated in 2018 and did lobbying work after that.  Behrends lobbied with him.

Maybe he really did fall.  Or maybe, sensing that Trump is finally going to exit the presidency, Putin is tying up some loose ends.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

I know we've moved on from the WSJ article, but this quote:

"Many readers said Mr. Epstein’s use of “kiddo” is demeaning, but then Joe Biden is also fond of that locution. In his 2012 Democratic convention speech he even used it to refer to his wife in the context of his many proposals of marriage: “I don’t know what I would have done, kiddo, had you on that fifth time said no.” You can buy a T-shirt on the internet with Mr. Biden’s image pointing a finger saying “That’s where you’re wrong, kiddo!”"

Seriously? They think that's a valid argument? Just because I'm fine with my husband calling me his little snuggly-wuggly poo (just kidding, I'd kill him if he did) doesn't mean mean Mr Epstein can do it. ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I know we've moved on from the WSJ article, but this quote:

Seriously? They think that's a valid argument? Just because I'm fine with my husband calling me his little snuggly-wuggly poo (just kidding, I'd kill him if he did) doesn't mean mean Mr Epstein can do it. ?

Yeah, somehow I don't think they referred to Ronald Reagan as "Ronnie", even though his wife did.

• Upvote 12

yeah, I was looking for this article for the very same reason. It is an absolut ridiculous argument to say. Well, Joe Biden calls his wife kiddo, so everybody should call her kiddo?! seriously.. I mean, I call Donald Trump Dimwit, but no newsanchor does (at least not in public). Strange, isn't it. Maybe it's not comparable, I am not married to him. I mean, I have eyes, and a brain..

(I wanted to add something about Melania speaking for languages, and the similarity of slavic languages, but.. It sounded ranty)

• Upvote 6

Putin finally got with the program. 

Russian President Vladimir Putinhas congratulated U.S. President-elect Joe Biden on his election victory, one day after the electoral college confirmed that the former vice president won the 270 electoral votes required to unseat President Donald Trump.

Putin had refused to congratulate Biden until the electoral college had gathered to confirm the result, and was the only major world leader not to do so.

But according to Russia's state news agency Tass, the strongman president sent Biden a telegram Monday to offer his best wishes.

Tass cited a Kremlin press service statement that read: "The President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin sent a congratulatory telegram to Joseph Biden on the occasion of the victory in the presidential elections of the United States of America."

Awaiting the rage tweeting when fuckopotomus realizes his boss threw him under the bus.   Excuse me while I go arrange for today’s popcorn shipment. 

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

• Destiny locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic