IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 9: Biden Wins Again And Continues Building An Administration

GreyhoundFan

What surprises me is that Senators Joni Breadbags McCutyernutzoff Ernst hasn’t signed on with the other Senators in Cruz’s group of seditionists yet. 

• Upvote 5

It's  like they're trying to lose these cases on technicalities so they can keep telling the magats that no court has heard the evidence yet.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Most of the ones who don't support the coup are being vewwy vewwy quiet. Susan Collins, how about you at least voice your concern? Apparently you are still in the green zone.

collinsscale.thumb.jpg.6db24258ff4cf92fadb4d77965a9d331.jpg

In Missouri I have a tale of two senators.  Hawley is yammering on social media (and the legit media) non stop.  Blunt?  Not. a. peep. 

• Upvote 6

I've been really busy and have only just gotten round to reading the whole WaPo transcript of Trump's call with Raffensperger. This part particularly jumped out at me:

[...] that there was no way that they beat me in the election, that the people came out, in fact, they were expecting to lose, and then they ended up winning by a lot because of the coattails. And they said there’s no way, that they’ve done many polls prior to the election, that there was no way that they won.

This comment, and others like it during the call, reads like Trump knew there was some sort of fix in the elections for him, and he is utterly dumbfounded as to why it didn't work. There is no way, no way that they won... you only say that if you are somehow very sure that you were going to win. 

All the mail in and absentee ballots obliterated the chances of his fix working, and it completely blindsided him. 

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

All the mail in and absentee ballots obliterated the chances of his fix working, and it completely blindsided him. 

Hand marked paper ballots are the gold standard. Un-hackable. 

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'll keep track of this, but don't mistake Raffensperger for a wonderful guy.  He's, and I can't emphasize this enough, an extremely hard core Republican who voted for Trump TWICE. 

He had no intention of releasing the tape unless Trump mischaracterized Raffensperger's role in the conversation.  Trump did that in a tweet and Raffensperfer released the tape.  

I was listening to Raffensperger make a statement and he referred to the "Democrat Party," which is a condescending term used by right-wing Republicans to project how much they despise the Democratic Party. 

Re: election litigation

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hints at a possibility of disciplinary action.

Please, please. 

Which lawyers filed? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Which lawyers filed? 

Erick G. Kaardal (WI0031

)Special Counsel for Amistad Project of Thomas More Society

Mohrman, Kaardal & Erickson, P.A.

TMS seem to be pro-life critters and the Amistad Project "is under the direction of former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline, whose law licensed has been suspended" (source: their wiki page)

https://www.startribune.com/erick-kaardal-has-made-suing-the-government-a-quixotic-legal-quest/566465782/

What did Trump ask him to do?

• Thank You 7

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'll keep track of this, but don't mistake Raffensperger for a wonderful guy.  He's, and I can't emphasize this enough, an extremely hard core Republican who voted for Trump TWICE. 

He had no intention of releasing the tape unless Trump mischaracterized Raffensperger's role in the conversation.  Trump did that in a tweet and Raffensperfer released the tape.  

I was listening to Raffensperger make a statement and he referred to the "Democrat Party," which is a condescending term used by right-wing Republicans to project how much they despise the Democratic Party. 

Re: election litigation

Please, please. 

Which lawyers filed? 

Either saving his own ass or Trump’s goons got to him 

• I Agree 5

Whoah, did anyone watch that press conference by Raffensperger's office? I don't know the name of the guy who was speaking, but holy dooly, did he ever throw Trump and his team under the bus! He made no bones about how Trump is  lying and "spreading disinformation" (his term, not mine). He literally debunked every single false claim about election fraud that has come out of the administration, one by one by one. 

Calling out Trump and his cronies was great to hear, of course. However, the actual reason for this press co was simply to get Republicans to go out and vote. At the end he practically begged them to please, please vote tomorrow... and refused to answer questions about purging POC from voter rolls.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Whoah, did anyone watch that press conference by Raffensperger's office? I don't know the name of the guy who was speaking, but holy dooly, did he ever throw Trump and his team under the bus! He made no bones about how Trump is  lying and "spreading disinformation" (his term, not mine). He literally debunked every single false claim about election fraud that has come out of the administration, one by one by one. 

Calling out Trump and his cronies was great to hear, of course. However, the actual reason for this press co was simply to get Republicans to go out and vote. At the end he practically begged them to please, please vote tomorrow... and refused to answer questions about purging POC from voter rolls.

That was Gabriel Sterling.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

44 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yep. About a decade ago, we changed over to voting machines. Turned out, they were easily hackable, and no alternative machines were trustworthy enough either. And with Putin renowned for his hacking, we quickly went back to paper ballots and red pencils. Tallying votes takes longer, and we're back to humongous paper ballots. With a teeny tiny font (7pt or thereabouts)-- and they're double sided. But everyone agrees it's worth it to safeguard democratic and safe elections.

And no, I am really not exaggerating when I say they are humongous. This was the actual ballot for the 2017 national elections:

image.png.4c941f6afa8bb45a1b3e7b1ff7ea3192.png 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

So, yesterday I posted about the letter published on the WaPo website signed by all living ex-Secretaries of Defense stressing the illegality of military intervention to resolve election issues and potential criminal consequences for those who do.  Pretty straightforward, but I began thinking about it today.  

I'm speculating that there is concern about  potential rogue elements in the upper echelons of the military or civilians in the Dept of Defense who are fanatically loyal to Trump, and this is a warning to them.  Think along the lines of a Michael Flynn still in uniform or embedded as a civilian at the Pentagon. 

Don't forget that several Trump loyalists were installed at DoD in November. NOVEMBER!  Ezra Cohen-Watnick and one other guy, plus acting Sec Def Miller. 

I honestly expect an actual coup attempt by Trump. It won't be successful but Trump isn't even close to giving up on remaining in office. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

8 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yep. About a decade ago, we changed over to voting machines. Turned out, they were easily hackable, and no alternative machines were trustworthy enough either. And with Putin renowned for his hacking, we quickly went back to paper ballots and red pencils. Tallying votes takes longer, and we're back to humongous paper ballots. With a teeny tiny font (7pt or thereabouts)-- and they're double sided. But everyone agrees it's worth it to safeguard democratic and safe elections.

And no, I am really not exaggerating when I say they are humongous. This was the actual ballot for the 2017 national elections:

image.png.4c941f6afa8bb45a1b3e7b1ff7ea3192.png 

That's crazy huge. In my state, we have hand marked ballots that are then scanned. Here is an example of the district adjacent to mine.

• Upvote 5

I liked Gabriel Sterling's righteous anger debunking all the BS. (but he's superscared that dems will win the runoff).

Our ballots look like this

kuva.png.3effe5837926e1459780770bd98d7c15.png

There is a plane going to Scotland on the 19th and speculation that Trump is planning to be on it.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18984381.donald-trump-could-ditch-inauguration-turnberry-trip/

• Upvote 7

Cleta MItchell was in the WH and part of the call to Raffensperger: 

Firm Response to Reports of Partner Cleta Mitchell’s Involvement in Post-Election Challenges

("Firm" refers to the law firm Foley and Lardner LLP, rather than the relative strength of their response.)

Foley & Lardner LLP is not representing any parties seeking to contest the results of the presidential election. In November, the firm made a policy decision not to take on any representation of any party in connection with matters related to the presidential election results. Our policy did allow our attorneys to participate in observing election recounts and similar actions on a voluntary basis in their individual capacity as private citizens so long as they did not act as legal advisers.

Bye, Cleta, and don't forget #ETTD (Everything Trump Touches Dies)

We are aware of, and are concerned by, Ms. Mitchell’s participation in the January 2 conference call and are working to understand her involvement more thoroughly.

Is this the legal version of a burn notice?

WIKI: A "burn notice" is an official statement issued by an intelligence agency to other agencies. It states that an asset or intelligence source is unreliable for one or several reasons, often fabrication, and must be officially disavowed.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That's crazy huge. In my state, we have hand marked ballots that are then scanned. Here is an example of the district adjacent to mine.

The difference is that you guys vote for a party, not necessarily a person. Over here, we vote for people who are listed per party. Lists differ in length according to the size of a party, And we have a lot of political parties. Hence the need for such big ballots. It looks like the ballot for this year (March 17) is going to be just as big, of not bigger than the one pictured in my earlier post, as there are more eligible parties than ever this year. A total number of 39 parties are actually eligible to be on the ballot, but it could be even more as 89 (yes, you read that right eighty nine!) parties have been registered. 

Apart from the 13 more 'normal' political parties (mainstream left, right and centrist) who are currently part of the Second Chamber there are all manner of weird and wonderful political parties. These are literal translations of their names-- you may guess for yourself what they stand for :pb_wink:.

• JESUS LIVES (yes, in all caps)
  • Child Party
  • Nexit
  • Party with no name
  • Young
  • Code Orange
  • The Pirate Party

• Upvote 5

I don't vote 'for a party.'  I vote for someone typically affiliated with a party who is running for a particular office.  And, I don't belong to a party because I'm an intentionally unaffiliated voter. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• Destiny locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic