IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 9: Biden Wins Again And Continues Building An Administration

GreyhoundFan

Looks like some people are about to have a head on collision with reality. 

President Donald Trump’s quest to overturn the results of the 2020 election have been rejected at every turn, resulting in an unprecedented string of court losses that have left the former “Apprentice” host and his supporters to pursue increasingly impractical efforts to remain in power. Chief among the latest exercises in futility is Trump imploring Vice President Mike Pence to prevent ratification of Joe Biden’s victory when the Senate counts the Electoral College votes next month.

Trump on Wednesday retweeted a theory from one of his supporters calling for Pence to reject the certificates of votes from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, falsely claiming those states did not “receive a constitutionally permissible slate of electors.”

Unfortunately for Trump, legal experts say Pence has absolutely no authority, constitutional or otherwise, to prevent ratification of the electoral college votes. The Constitution states that Pence “shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted.” The “shall” in the provision is an imperative command, unambiguously requiring the act be completed, making Pence’s role merely ceremonial.

Likewise, former Senate historian Donald Ritchie recently told the New York Times that there was simply “not much” Pence could do to help Trump’s efforts.

• Upvote 15

52 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It gets dumb and dumber:

Or Trump and Trumpier

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Effing A Josh Hawley.

I think, if the Repubs go there, the Democrats ought to ask for an investigation into ES&S voting machines.  There is very little oversight and the states with ES&S equipment mostly went heavily for Trump.  I still think he blames the Democrats for cheating because his own attempt at cheating didn't work for him.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I may have been thinking earlier today - he's positioning for 24.  And then a friend retweeted this.  So I'm not the only one who sees it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Only in the counties that Biden won...

image.png.0ab419254fa2b2ceb74710dc7aaea32e.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Effing A Josh Hawley.

I know it belongs in the memes thread, but I love this:

image.png.1ed1d5fd448045b80d484a61efe0762c.png

• Haha 15

Speaking of Hawley. 

In the middle of the I'm going to overturn democracy posts.  Walmart had a response.  Nope, not kidding.  And while I don't agree with a lot Hawley does - the Walmart tweet was rather out of line.  So now Walmart has had to do this:

Hawley's outing of Walmart (and a copy of the Walmart tweet that is now deleted - because someone in Hawley's office was intelligent enough to screen cap it for posterity.

Spoiler

Spoiler

image.png.0f48c65e558840a829f235d783537a30.png

Edited by clueliss
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 8

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Speaking of Hawley. 

In the middle of the I'm going to overturn democracy posts.  Walmart had a response.  Nope, not kidding.  And while I don't agree with a lot Hawley does - the Walmart tweet was rather out of line.  So now Walmart has had to do this:

Hawley's outing of Walmart (and a copy of the Walmart tweet that is now deleted - because someone in Hawley's office was intelligent enough to screen cap it for posterity.

Hide contents

Hide contents

image.png.0f48c65e558840a829f235d783537a30.png

I really shouldn't have laughed at that, and someone is totally getting fired... but seriously, burned by Wal-Mart. Heh. Also a pretty accurate tweet all things considered. 

• Upvote 10

Lin Wood is also attacking Chief Justice Roberts. Which, contrary to what you might think, is actually a sneaky smart move. You see, he’s attempting to goad Roberts into suing him for defamation. If Roberts were to be engaged in a lawsuit against Wood, he would have to recuse himself from Woods cases before the SC.

He doesn’t realize that taking Roberts out of the equation won’t tip the scales in his favor, as the justices have been unanimous in their dismissals of the election lawsuits put before them. But, this attack against Roberts is proof that despite popular belief, Wood is not a raving lunatic, but a calculating asshat instead.

• Thank You 11

Accusing judges of pedophilia? This one neat trick will make courts take your lawsuits more seriously. 

He needs an intervention. 

I imagine if Roberts wants to sue he could wait until after the lawsuits have been dealt with.

But it might be more trouble than what it's worth for him. It would just amplify the accusations.  

• Upvote 7

• Destiny locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic