IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, meep said:

I may have missed it, but are there going to be any predictions for baby girl names?

Archie is so different, that it really could be anything. They might use Diana as a middle name. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, meep said:

I may have missed it, but are there going to be any predictions for baby girl names?

I am assuming they will honor Diana in some way. It's a little trickier since William and Kate already used it as a middle name, but there's no reason why they can't re-use it. They could also use Diana's middle name (Frances) but I know Diana had a tumultuous relationship with her mother and so they might refrain from using it. 

I hope they also honor Doria in some way, since she has been the majority of Meghan's support system. 

Archie Harrison was so out of left field though that it's tough to predict. They could go traditional (unlikely), they could go familial (like they did with Harrison) or they might go completely different. Who knows! I'm excited to see what they choose though, since Archie was SUCH a departure from what I thought they'd do. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 10

1 minute ago, viii said:

I am assuming they will honor Diana in some way. It's a little trickier since William and Kate already used it as a middle name, but there's no reason why they can't re-use it. They could also use Diana's middle name (Frances) but I know Diana had a tumultuous relationship with her mother and so they might refrain from using it. 

I hope they also honor Doria in some way, since she has been the majority of Meghan's support system. 

Archie Harrison was so out of left field though that it's tough to predict. They could go traditional (unlikely), they could go familial (like they did with Harrison) or they might go completely different. Who knows! I'm excited to see what they choose though, since Archie was SUCH a departure from what I thought they'd do. 

Ooh Frances Doria or Doria Frances has a good ring to it though.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, viii said:

There's a little wish in me that they do some type of combo name since Diana and Doria are sound close. Like maybe Dorian for a middle name. As @anjulibai pointed out, they already have an Archie, so really it's possible lol. 

• Upvote 5

I hope Harry and Meghan get their comeuppance for things they have said and done.I feel bad for Archie and his sibling though. He didn’t ask to be raised by spoiled entitled bitter fools. And with that I am out!  It’s been a trip as usual .

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 8
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 2

24 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The one thing for which I'm grateful to the BRF is making my family seem as wholesome as an early season Brady Bunch episode.  

When I think about the stuff that goes on in my family and Mr. No's, I look at the BRF and think I/we got the better deal in the family department.  Crowns, thrones, palaces and all the trappings of royalty does not ensure a functional / happy family.

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

The worst I can say about Harry is that he was terribly naive. He expected his family to have his back, and they didn't. He should have known, but clearly he couldn't see things about his family and his life clearly. 

He may have been naive because there is / has been a lot of dysfunction that's in full view (and perhaps would be noticed?) but in a way I can understand why he was.  IMHO it's a testament to their mom who tried to raise him and his brother in as normal a way as possible.  And while she certainly had her flaws, there was no question she was a very loving and involved mother, more that what was typical in the BRF.  

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I hope Harry and Meghan get their comeuppance for things they have said and done.I feel bad for Archie and his sibling though. He didn’t ask to be raised by spoiled entitled bitter fools. And with that I am out!  It’s been a trip as usual .

What in your mind have they done to deserve comeuppance?

• Upvote 6

@nokidsmom It's hard to recognize dysfunction when you are in the midst of it, and even when you do recognize that stuff isn't wrong, it can be so hard to see all of it. I'm still dissecting all the ways my family, both my mom's and my dad's sides, are dysfunctional and how it has affected me.

I think I feel sympathetic to Harry and Meghan because I can see so many parallels in their lives and with the Royal Family with my own. 

And yeah, those trappings don't make a happy, functional family. 

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

My guess is Something Doria Diana. 

I’d love to see Doria Something Diana. 

• Upvote 4

I think what this interview shows is that the royal family isn’t really a family. It is an outdated system of rich people using their money and power to force members to stay in line. In a family you can walk into a room and hug your husband’s grandmother, not bow. It needs to go. What justification is there for keeping it around?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

Okay, I looked on a baby name site (lol) and I saw some good names for my combo wish. 

• Doreen / Dorine
  • Dorina
  • Doriane (pronounced like Dorian)
  • Dorinda
  • Drina
Edited by meep
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I haven’t seen the interview yet, so can someone clarify...last night they mentioned family commenting on Archie’s skin color, then in an article on People it says that Harry says the conversation happened shortly after they started dating. Did both come up in the interview?

My understanding was that while they were dating, someone said “what will the children look like?” and then it came up again during the pregnancy. I think they are probably referring to the entire Royal family, so I don’t see Charles and William and their wives as the only possibilities. (Princess Michael of Kent, come on down! You’re the next contestant on “Who’s likely to be a racist?”!) I’m glad they cleared Philip’s name, since he was the obvious suspect.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think what this interview shows is that the royal family isn’t really a family. It is an outdated system of rich people using their money and power to force members to stay in line. In a family you can walk into a room and hug your husband’s grandmother, not bow. It needs to go. What justification is there for keeping it around?

Tradition and unity, along with tourism, I guess. 

I think it can work, it's just this particular family is soooo dysfunctional. I'm not sure you can fix that, unless they want to fix it. 

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My understanding was that while they were dating, someone said “what will the children look like?” and then it came up again during the pregnancy. I think they are probably referring to the entire Royal family, so I don’t see Charles and William and their wives as the only possibilities. (Princess Michael of Kent, come on down! You’re the next contestant on “Who’s likely to be a racist?”!) I’m glad they cleared Philip’s name, since he was the obvious suspect.

I don't think it was Princess Michael. She doesn't mean much to Harry, so I can't see him not naming her in order to protect her. 

Harry not wanting to talk about it beyond saying it happened suggests it was someone close. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Tradition and unity, along with tourism, I guess. 

I think it can work, it's just this particular family is soooo dysfunctional. I'm not sure you can fix that, unless they want to fix it. 

I don't think it was Princess Michael. She doesn't mean much to Harry, so I can't see him not naming her in order to protect her. 

Harry not wanting to talk about it beyond saying it happened suggests it was someone close. 

I see your point, but she has little or no security, and given the strong feelings involved, it would put her in real danger. That being said, it’s likely to have been William, considering how disproportionate the rift between the brothers became after William supposedly just advised Harry to take it slow. 

• Upvote 7

Just now, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I see your point, but she has little or no security, and given the strong feelings involved, it would put her in real danger. That being said, it’s likely to have been William, considering how disproportionate the rift between the brothers became after William supposedly just advised Harry to take it slow. 

Yeah I have a feeling it was William, too. It’s the only one that makes sense. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Re: security. I can see Harry being surprised by having his security detail ended, given that his uncle Prince Pedophile Andrew continued to receive it, after that criminally disastrous interview.

Re: BRF security in general. Andrew & Charles quarreled over taxpayer-funded security services for Eugenie & Beatrice in 2011. The queen agreed with Charles & the girls stopped getting government security & had to pay for their own. 

Re: BRF in general. IMO, generations of in-breeding, limited & distorted socialization, and having one's life controlled by hereditary courtiers (who may be the ultimate villains here) result in what we've seen. In the past, due to boot-licking press in lockstep with the courtiers, we just knew less about all of this. Now, it's in the open and pretty clear for anyone to see.

I say that the courtiers may be the ultimate villains because these folks control so much of what any RF member can do or say. Look at Empress Masako  of Japan -- by all accounts a brilliant, well-educated & high-achieving young woman when she married into the Japanese royal family. Reportedly, the courtiers of the royal household absolutely crushed her after the marriage which drove her into a tailspin of depression and anxiety for years.

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 18

Yeah, I have a feeling it was William, too. The rift seems so extreme between him and Harry, whereas he was open that while his relationship with Charles was hurt, they were working on repairing it. 

From the interview I got that Harry and Meghan don't have an issue with the Queen, Philip, Eugenie, Beatrice, Fergie (oddly enough) and Kate. 

That kind of leaves Charles and William as ones whose words could hurt the most. 

• Upvote 10

22 minutes ago, meep said:

Okay, I looked on a baby name site (lol) and I saw some good names for my combo wish. 

• Doreen / Dorine
  • Dorina
  • Dorinda
  • Drina

Doriana?

Will say though that I find combo-names often a bit cringe. Renesmee anyone?

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, meep said:

• Doreen / Dorine
  • Dorina
  • Dorinda
  • Drina

The new Renesmee!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Rachel Doriana was my guess.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Doriana?

Will say though that I find combo-names often a bit cringe. Renesmee anyone?

Haha, I see we had the same thought...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah, I have a feeling it was William, too. The rift seems so extreme between him and Harry, whereas he was open that while his relationship with Charles was hurt, they were working on repairing it. 

Thanks for explaining. I wondered why people were saying William rather than Charles. That makes sense. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic