IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

Harry and Meghan will be old news in a year or Two as they are telling the world all their slights, grievances and oh,“hardships” they had to face in life right away and nobody wants to keep hearing all that endlessly ...but The Royal family will still be here carrying on as per usual and attracting attention as usual with probably more cute babies, adorable children, beautiful jewels , events and ceremony and Plenty of Royal causes and patronage’s which will keep the public absorbed and supporting them. 

The British Royal line  has survived plague, revolutions, wars and scandal a plenty for over a thousand years. A spoiled whining   Prince  with a chip on his shoulder and his wife ain’t shit 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

We won’t ever have definitive answers as to what really happened behind closed doors - maybe the accusations against Meghan are true, maybe they’re false, and maybe there are some aspects that are true and some that aren’t. We weren’t there and we cannot know for certain. I don’t envy their life in the public eye (and at least Harry never had even an ounce of a choice in this regard!)

So regardless of what happened, one should stop scrutinizing Meghan and Harry so viciously. Maybe they’re entirely innocent, maybe they aren’t, but whatever the case may be, they have the right to receive a little more respect. The constant bashing is going overboard IMO.

At the end of the day, all these royals (Kate, Sophie, the queen, etc.) have to do a certain job - show up for engagements, represent the UK, and so on. I’m not a fan of monarchies, constitutional or otherwise, so I wish the whole system would disappear, but as long as it’s still in place, none of these people deserve to be hunted and haunted by the media. Calling out people like Andrew is fair enough of course, but the rest... just let them live their lives, I’d say. We all should be aware that all these titles are nothing but empty words, they don’t make members of the royal family into better people, just more privileged ones. So we shouldn’t be overly disappointed when they have just as much drama as others. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

The Royal family will still be here carrying on as per usual and attracting attention as usual with probably more cute babies, adorable children, beautiful jewels , events and ceremony and Plenty of Royal causes and patronage’s which will keep the public absorbed and supporting them. 

The British Royal line  has survived plague, revolutions, wars and scandal a plenty for over a thousand years.

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Calling out people like Andrew is fair enough of course, but the rest... just let them live their lives

Actually, the fact that the current head of "The Firm" is actively protecting Andrew from the consequences of his own activities makes me think the BRF is a rotting & dying institution. 

A full and public investigation into Andrew's years-long association with Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell might be thing that finally brings down the monarchy. Chances are that a lot of other filth concerning the BRF will come to light in that process, IF it takes place.

• Upvote 16

After Diana and before Ms Markle upended them again the Windsor’s had a good Over 20 or so years of relative peace and high approval ratings.No serious scandal or drama marriages being content and babies  born They were living their lives as you say. Other than the Trash mags blaring  Camilla is a drunk murderess or the Queen is dying any day now or Charles hired Bosnian assassins to Kill his Ex and William is going to on a secret mission to hunt them all down ( my personal fav)  life was peaceful.

As for Andrew I still don’t know what more the Queen is supposed to do and exactly how she is “protecting” him as Scott Yard declined to investigate  and It does not appear they ever will. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

43 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Actually, the fact that the current head of "The Firm" is actively protecting Andrew from the consequences of his own activities makes me think the BRF is a rotting & dying institution. 

A full and public investigation into Andrew's years-long association with Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell might be thing that finally brings down the monarchy. Chances are that a lot of other filth concerning the BRF will come to light in that process, IF it takes place.

You’re right here, of course. I just wouldn’t blame (and thus harass) some members of the BRF who likely aren’t responsible for protecting Andrew. Many do their job and as far as I’m concerned, that should be the end of it. But yeah, I’m also not a monarchist so the whole system seems odd and unnecessary to me. While I don’t have any info to back my opinion up, I assume Kate, William, Sophie, Edward, Harry, and Meghan aren’t involved in shielding Andrew and might actually dislike what’s going on. Andrew’s daughters are innocent as well, I’m sure. So they don’t deserve as much shit as the people responsible. 

Also, I think it’s really necessary to point out that Andrew actually hurts the family’s reputation far more that Meghan and Harry do. 

@tabitha2 Respectfully, it’s not just some evil women who disturb the peace and quiet and “upend” the family. If I misinterpret your words, I apologize in advance, but your statement appears a little sexist. Women marrying into the BRF don’t just have to put up with a cheating husband (in Diana’s case) and a life neither she nor her husband appear to want (in Harry and Meghan’s case). Just marrying into a rich family doesn’t mean the family “owns” these women. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

If Meghan did not want that life why did she marry a senior Royal Prince?   It’s not sexist to say there are rules, expectations, policy’s and duties that go along with martyring into a Royal family esp. marrying a senior royal because that’s equally applies to both men and Women. I will always call Bull Shit on Meghan Markle not knowing this. Factually speaking controversy and drama started as almost soon as Harry married her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

The British Royal line  has survived plague, revolutions, wars and scandal a plenty for over a thousand years. A spoiled whining   Prince  with a chip on his shoulder and his wife ain’t shit 

Multiple British Royal lines because history has proven not every royal family survives revolutions and wars. 

15 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Factually speaking controversy and drama started as almost soon as Harry married her. 

Harry was known for his scandals YEARS before Meghan appeared on the scene. 

• Upvote 20

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

If Meghan did not want that life why did she marry a senior Royal Prince?   It’s not sexist to say there are rules, expectations, policy’s and duties that go along with martyring into a Royal family esp. marrying a senior royal because that’s equally applies to both men and Women. I will always call Bull Shit on Meghan Markle not knowing this. Factually speaking controversy and drama started as almost soon as Harry married her. 

I hope Meghan married Harry because she loves him. You can love someone but not care about the job this person does. 

And maybe both she and Harry knew that they wanted to live outside the UK. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
typo
  • Upvote 13

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I think that’s a pretty harsh assumption. Sounds a lot like victim shaming to me. Just because Meghan is biracial and has been a victim to bullying doesn’t mean she hasn’t overstepped that line as well. 

I read a comment, diminishing the old rumoured claims of her as a boss, as the staff being lazy, and that in US work ethic being 24/7 available is normal and shows ambition and so on. I go with this, as from what has been actually reported we have no idea what exactly Meghan supposedly has done. We have to old gossip and that is what the commented went on about. Thing is, if my boss would call or text me at 5am and actually expects a response- this would only happen twice. First I tell them what my working hours are, second time there will be an official complaint. I will not under no circumstances get screamed at by my boss. We pride ourselves in protecting employees rights and most companies have respective guidelines. Yes, it is abused but people speaking up should under no circumstances be called out as the black sheep. 

I find the resurfacing of this story rather unfortunate in the timeline. I am pretty sure all royals are a pain in the ass to work for, and I wouldn’t be surprised to if all of them are called bully by one or two employees. The BRF has always made sure to not make this public. The headline now, is definitely not helping either party. It does reflect bad on Meghan because the claims aren’t new exactly, but also at the BRF who was either neglectful then or is now starting a smear campaign.

The whole drama is made up as so much more then it is. I cannot wait till it’s over honestly. Neither will it end the monarchy, nor will someone drop dead over it. If I were the Queen I would order everyone to shut up about it. (and maybe urge Kate and Beatrice to get pregnant with girls ASAP.) Give it 6 weeks and no one cares anymore. H&M are already out, so whatever they have to say now, is basically kicking a dead horse. If you have read all their updates on their old website, you know they intended to very much stay working royals, but basically part time, with more focus on their own stuff. That’s what they started out with. Sorry, but this doesn’t read exactly as if they really had a problem with the BRF. All this came later, with every renewed statement when they were already away from the UK. They never implied the family itself was anything other the lovely till they lost the patronages and Harry the honorary titles.

I think they will lash out against the tabloids and maybe some departments in the FIRM, but only find praise for the family members. I mean, does anyone really think there will anything new to be revealed?

I don't think it's a harsh assumption when black women are consistently portrayed as aggressive and angry and upsetting white people by doing things that white people do all the time. 

It's not like it's a new phenomenon, and the very fact that there are so few details (and they often change*), just says so much. 

Frankly, I think Harry had rose colored glasses in regards to his family, and thought they'd embrace Meghan (thus his comment about her having a big family now). Things obviously changed quickly, whether because of things done family members or by courtiers. Whatever it was, it had to have been enough to make them want to leave, at least in some capacity.

I have no idea what they are going to say, but I do agree with you they won't throw most of the family members under the bus. I do think, though, that they will bring up the issues with the courtiers, and the I think they will point out crap that we do know happened by family, like that shit Princess Michael wearing that blackamoor pin. 

*speaking of details changing, apparently that whole thing with Meghan making Kate cry has changed again. It's no longer by the tights for the little girls, but Charlotte's dress not fitting. Seriously, whoever is bringing that up over and over needs to get the story straight. 

After Diana and before Ms Markle upended them again the Windsor’s had a good Over 20 or so years of relative peace and high approval ratings.No serious scandal or drama marriages being content and babies  born They were living their lives as you say. Other than the Trash mags blaring  Camilla is a drunk murderess or the Queen is dying any day now or Charles hired Bosnian assassins to Kill his Ex and William is going to on a secret mission to hunt them all down ( my personal fav)  life was peaceful.

As for Andrew I still don’t know what more the Queen is supposed to do and exactly how she is “protecting” him as Scott Yard declined to investigate  and It does not appear they ever will. 

Yeah, I'm sure nothing goes on behind the scenes between the Queen and the government regarding what she wants for her children. Nothing at all. /s

50 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Knowing something theoretically and living it are separate things. She may well have expected certain things, but thought that the reward (a life with Harry) was worth it. And as I said, Harry probably had rose-colored glasses about it all, and thought Meghan would be embraced. Obviously, she was not. 

• Upvote 17

Some of ya’ll way overestimate the Queens power mainly that she has any at all  LOL. If you really think the Queen is some puppet master and influences Police Investigations and government workings you do you I guess 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

While I don’t have any info to back my opinion up, I assume Kate, William, Sophie, Edward, Harry, and Meghan aren’t involved in shielding Andrew and might actually dislike what’s going on.

You could well be right. 

1 hour ago, viii said:

Multiple British Royal lines because history has proven not every royal family survives revolutions and wars. 

Yep. Which is how they ended up with a bunch of Germans on the British throne -- better a Protestant German than a Catholic Brit!

• Upvote 15

Re: the UK press & its institutionalized racism against Meghan:

ETA: some additional screenshots from that Twitter thread:

Spoiler

1289375326_RacistUKPress.thumb.png.9048d528c053a0db03c3140fbd0e3d5a.png

Spoiler

1065986938_MoreontheracistUKpress.thumb.jpg.3f348f61ee526d18f136f8d698b7627e.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

Some of ya’ll way overestimate the Queens power mainly that she has any at all  LOL. If you really think the Queen is some puppet master and influences Police Investigations and government workings you do you I guess 

Yeah, no, this is how the rich work and always have. No, the Queen isn't a puppet master, but I have no doubt she'd make sure there were discussions about protecting Andrew, because she likely believes he has done nothing wrong. What clout she has, she'd use for him, and I'm sure the government would be open to listening to her on a matter like this. 

I mean, Scotland Yard doesn't decline to investigate something with so much evidence in a vacuum, especially when the US has made repeated attempts to get evidence from Andrew. There's more than enough evidence from US agencies that you'd think the country we supposedly enjoy a special relationship with would take note of and investigate further. 

• Upvote 14

And this is fucking hilarious. These guys got four (4) Royal Experts™️ to comment on the Oprah interview, two days before it aired:

• Upvote 14

The reason given is the alleged events and accusations too place out of their Jurisdiction which is a valid point . All in all They have washed their hands of the matter long ago. 

“Explaining their decision not to re-open the case, the Met Police said: “Officers assessed the available evidence, interviewed the complainant and obtained early investigative advice from the Crown Prosecution Service.

“Following the legal advice, it was clear that any investigation into human trafficking would be largely focused on activities and relationships outside the UK.

“We therefore concluded that the MPS was not the appropriate authority to conduct enquiries in these circumstances and, in November 2016, a decision was made that this matter would not proceed to a full criminal investigation.

In August 2019, following the death of Jeffrey Epstein the MPS reviewed the decision making and our position remains unchanged.”

• Downvote 3

Baby girl Sussex!

This has been an interesting interview. Oprah is not holding back, which is not surprising. Meghan said Kate made her cry, but she also said Kate was a nice person and she's not upset about that; she's upset that they the Firm wouldn't correct the story. They both have positive things to say abou the Queen. 

But, I am very curious who made the comments about how dark Archie would be. And Charles stopped taking Harry's calls - yikes. 

They do seem to be blaming the press and the Institute. I found it interesting that they mentioned going to HR for help, given that there's now an HR investigation into her. 

And poor Meghan feeling suicidal. I've been there many times, including an actual attempt, so I know how terrifying those thoughts can be, especially when you feel like you have so much, of course you shouldn't feel bad.

Interesting, according to Harry, the RF is scared of the tabloids turning on them. That's not surprising. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 6

Wow! This interview is just a travesty! Meghan is lying through her teeth about so many things...And making insinuations that make no damn sense. 

Ok.. apparently they called the Archbishop of Canterbury married 3 days before the official wedding. Bull. Because that’s illegal. And the AB of C doesn’t play like that.

Let’s see... apparently Archie was denied Security because of his skin tone. More bull.None of the Queens other great grandchildren get security either And she know this very well. 

She had suicidal thoughts and was told she was not allowed to have psychiatric help... ok.  

They denied Archie a titled because they did not want a mixed race titled royal. Again. Nope. Does not work that way! 

Best of all she was Shocked! Harry’s Grandmother was the Queen. Really?!

Was basically a prisoner and not allowed any freedom. HMM. 

Now Meghan is comparing herself to the Little Mermaid... 

I hope Harry is self aware enough  to realize his relationship with family is officially ruined  No going back now.  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 12
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Love 1

Harry says his father and his brother are trapped. That's sad, because it doesn't have to be that way.

The stuff about the RF and the tabloids needing each other rings true, from lots of other stuff I've read over the years. 

It also doesn't surprise me that there was concern about Harry and Meghan shining too brightly. That's such an old story for the family, and they really, really are going to destroy themselves over it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

Fantastic interview. Oprah didn’t hold back, which was nice. I’m sure she is biased but she did a good job of remaining neutral for the most part. 

I really wish Harry had opened up about his racist family member but I understand why he didn’t. Curious that Harry spoke about his grandma, his father, his brother and even his cousins, but not his grandfather. Edited out in case he died this week or perhaps his silence confirms the question of who asked what the kids will look like.

I feel like overall Harry and Meghan were both respectful while sharing their truth.

I’m curious to see if the palace will issue a response. 

• Upvote 16

Harry and Meghan are ruining themselves with this salty ridiculous non science and The Royal family will ignore them and go about their lives  as is their policy.  But Harry will never be welcome back after this.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 8
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

Oprah revelations part one, and my reactions, FWIW:

- The Sussexes have rescue chickens. They’re cute. (Grandpa Charles also likes chickens.There’s something to chat about on Skype.)

- They were married three days before the big wedding, with just the Archbishop of Canterbury. (Oh Meg, that wouldn’t be legally binding without a witness. Sounds nice though, and I expect that he did give them an opportunity to read private vows privately.)

- Meghan was friendly with Eugenie before dating Harry, and she first met the Queen at a family Sunday gathering at Royal Lodge. On the way in, Harry told her she would have to curtsy to the Queen. She was surprised because she had assumed that the family did not bow and curtsy in private. It’s clear that Meghan socialized with Andrew and Fergie. (Sounds credible; interesting that she doesn’t try to distance herself from Andrew.)

- Meghan never looked Harry up online and barely knew anything about the Royal family. (I’m skeptical.)

- “I didn’t make Kale cry, she made me cry!” (I expect both of them did some crying. Going on about it now seems childish and trivial.)

- A female member of the Royal family told Meghan to “lay low” because there was too much publicity about her. She responded “I’ve left the house twice in four months.” (I’m inclined to mostly believe this, but I’m sure the fact checkers will be right on it.)

- Meghan and Harry were told that Archie would not have a title or security, even though he will be entitled to them once the Queen dies. She’s claiming that they changed the rules. (I don’t think it’s true that this was a rule change; it might have been a miscommunication about the meaning of “title.”)

- Meghan found out that some members of the Royal family were talking to Harry about the baby’s skin color before he was born, with the implication that darker skin would be a problem. (Probably true, and pretty awful.)

- Meghan expected the “Firm” to have the equivalent of an HR department. (They really got married too fast.)

- Meghan felt suicidal while she was pregnant. (No surprise there.)

- The Firm is “actively perpetuating falsehoods about us.” Meghan pretty much says she DGAF if they don’t like the interview.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 8

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s not sexist to say there are rules, expectations, policy’s and duties that go along with martyring into a Royal family esp. marrying a senior royal because that’s equally applies to both men and Women. 

I expect the bolded is just a typo, but given your stance, it comes across as a Freudian slip. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

My read of the security thing is that Meghan and Harry were expecting Archie to get the sort of security the Cambridge kids get, which I don't think is an out there expectation. But they were told no, he's not a prince, and we're not going to make him a prince, like the younger Cambridge kids were made, so he's not getting security. 

Which, I can understand being upset about that. There were some pretty awful things said in the members of the press about Archie before he was even bore, I can only imagine the type of crap that's been hurled towards him that we aren't aware of. Meghan did mention death threats, in general, at one point, and yeah, there are people low enough to threaten a baby. 

This is the sort of thing were, the rules need to be changed to deal with the complexity of the circumstances, but they weren't for....reasons? None was given, according to Meghan, so what other reason would there be beyond Archie's race? Especially in light of discussions about how dark he would be, what other conclusion could either Meghan or Harry come to.

By the way, for those that don't know, up until just before George was born, the rule was that the title of prince/princess was only given to 

1. Children of the monarch
2. Male line Grandchildren of the monarch
3. The eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales

But since the rules of succession were changed to allow a daughter to succeed before a brother, and because they didn't know if George was going to be a boy or girl before birth, the rule was changed so that all of the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales would be title prince/princess. Previously, if say Charlotte had been born before George, she would be Lady Charlotte and not Princess Charlotte, though George would be still be a prince, even though Charlotte would be above George in the Succession. That would have looked all sorts of wrong, so it was, rightfully, changed. 

Archie will be legally a prince when Charles becomes king. That's only a matter of time really, and given the risks he'd have, quibbling over whether he has the right title right now in order to get security is just ridiculous. Things can be changed when warrented, as they clearly were to provide for the possibility of a female heir apparent. 

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

The Cambridge children are on another level and are direct heirs. Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara, Peter, Louise and James don’t have official security payed for by the palace Because they are not working Royals.  Archie is no more special or entitled than them no matter what his parents seem to believe. 

Archie will be an HRH when Charles becomes King. Their is no logical reason to change the rules for the son of the second son of the Heir. Again, in terms of Rank he is not particularly important to the Royals institution 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic