IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’m pondering this security thing...did Princess Margaret’s children receive security? I’m pretty sure Lady Sarah Chatto no longer receives security and her position is where Archie and Baby Girl Sussex will eventually end up as cousins to the monarch if/when George becomes king. 
Also...why did Harry think he wouldn’t have to pay for security when he was no longer working for the monarchy? He has plenty of money. This is what makes me think he still has no idea what it is to be “normal” and have to scrimp and save to make ends meet. He, Meghan, and his children will never truly want for anything (unless he develops some sort of massive gambling addiction).

I think the situation is very different between Margaret's children and Archie (and soon his sister). Their skin color, their parents, their grandparents, the time's they live in. There are definitely far more risk to Archie and soon his sister than there were for David and Sarah. 

If no one said they were taking away security until the last minute, I can see Harry assume he'd continue to get it given just who he is. They were having conversations for months, according to Harry, so it should have been brought up by the palace. 

The worst I can say about Harry is that he was terribly naive. He expected his family to have his back, and they didn't. He should have known, but clearly he couldn't see things about his family and his life clearly. 

• Upvote 15

43 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

1. I think H&M asked for help because of racial abuse and they were scared for the baby. Help may have also meant security. They may have asked for safety from racial abuse and may have been told NO. This was a huge opportunity for the BRF to further modernize by leading a path forward out of their racist history. They really dropped the ball. 

2. Oprah confirmed on CBS this morning that it was NOT Phillip (or the Queen) having conversations regarding Archie's skin color.

I haven’t seen the interview yet, so can someone clarify...last night they mentioned family commenting on Archie’s skin color, then in an article on People it says that Harry says the conversation happened shortly after they started dating. Did both come up in the interview?

9 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I haven’t seen the interview yet, so can someone clarify...last night they mentioned family commenting on Archie’s skin color, then in an article on People it says that Harry says the conversation happened shortly after they started dating. Did both come up in the interview?

I watched the interview. I don't think anything was said about it while they were dating. However, a lot was discussed.

But -also-  because this interview was a conversation-style where the viewer felt they were eavesdropping in the same room like Gayle mentioned this morning- LOL- it may have been brought up as a point for clarity and not the explicit point that Harry was being asked about the likelihood of his future child (while wife was actually pregnant)'s skin color. They made it seem like the discussions happened when she was actually pregnant and not thought about prior to happening. If that makes sense?

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, kachuu said:

I watched the interview. I don't think anything was said about it while they were dating. However, a lot was discussed.

But -also-  because this interview was a conversation-style where the viewer felt they were eavesdropping in the same room like Gayle mentioned this morning- LOL- it may have been brought up as a point for clarity and not the explicit point that Harry was being asked about the likelihood of his future child (while wife was actually pregnant)'s skin color. They made it seem like the discussions happened when she was actually pregnant and not thought about prior to happening. If that makes sense?

Yes, that makes sense.

This was the article I was referring to, though, and the subtitle says “while she was pregnant” and at the end Harry says it happened “early on while dating.”

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-prince-harry-oprah-says-queen-prince-philip-not-make-archie-skin-color-comments/

I wonder if they each had their own experience they were referring to and didn’t realize the other was referring to a different occasion.

• Upvote 2

Its so interesting after watching the interview myself seeing the actual responses on twitter and the likes of Piers Morgan who continue to twist their words for the worst.

They started the interview with both Oprah and Meghan saying they were not getting paid for it. My husband goes, well I heard on the radio they were. I mean, how do you choose to believe a second hand report over "from the horses mouth" so to speak? I'm not saying that people don't spin stories to save face, but that would be a blatant lie and I feel like both Meghan and Harry showed vulnerability in the interview. I can't imagine being attacked on a world platform and not feeling suicidal.

• Upvote 9

I flat out don't get the Royal title thing.  Andrew and Edward are both male offspring of a monarch but only Andrew's daughter are princesses. Edward's kids do not go by Prince/Princess.   I'm assuming this was the choice of Edward?  

At the time, it seemed perfectly plausible to me that Archie's parents rejected the "Prince" for the same reasons Edward may have.  But as soon as Charles is king, Harry will be the male offspring of a monarch, putting Archie in the same position as Andrew's daughters.  Was the plan that Harry would have the option of a Prince title for Archie when Charles is king?  Makes no sense to me that he wouldn't, regardless of his skin tone.

Speaking of, Oprah said today that Harry confirmed that the close family member(s?) who made comments about the baby's skin color was neither of his grandparents.  Pretty much leaving Charles or William as the possibilities.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, viii said:

@tabitha2 your racism and hatred shows how ugly you are as a person. Discussing the royals here is supposed to be a fun, educating and lighthearted discussion. Your views disgust me. 

Example please? Unless me stating Meghan is Bi Racial is racist to you for some reason. I dislike Meghan because I see a lying manipulative narcissist and I would say the say the same if she was Apache or Mongolian or Latvian.  I have never mentioned her race in all my posts about her because i could not care less. You know it is actually possible to just loathe  people for who they are right? 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Example please? Unless me stating Meghan is Bi Racial is racist to you for some reason. 

If you want examples, read your previous posts. Everything you say towards Meghan is said through a racist-slant and I am done conversing with you. Your views make me sick. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Telepathy through Internet now? You are truly talented!

So you can say things but not actually back it up? I welcome examples my “racism” if  you can produce with them other wise your ranting against me is real weak and ignorant . 

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I flat out don't get the Royal title thing.  Andrew and Edward are both male offspring of a monarch but only Andrew's daughter are princesses. Edward's kids do not go by Prince/Princess.   I'm assuming this was the choice of Edward?  

At the time, it seemed perfectly plausible to me that Archie's parents rejected the "Prince" for the same reasons Edward may have.  But as soon as Charles is king, Harry will be the male offspring of a monarch, putting Archie in the same position as Andrew's daughters.  Was the plan that Harry would have the option of a Prince title for Archie when Charles is king?  Makes no sense to me that he wouldn't, regardless of his skin tone.

Speaking of, Oprah said today that Harry confirmed that the close family member(s?) who made comments about the baby's skin color was neither of his grandparents.  Pretty much leaving Charles or William as the possibilities.

Edward’s children are legally a Princess and a Prince but Edward and Sophie chose to style them as the children of an Earl, since Edward is Earl of Wessex. They were never going to have royal duties so E&S felt it would be better for them. 

Archie is the great-grandson of the monarch but since his Harry is the younger son of the Prince of Wales, Archie isn’t a Prince. When Charles becomes king Archie will presumably become a Prince. I say presumably because this has never happened before - a younger son of the Prince of Wales having children before they are eligible to be a Prince/Princess. I imagine Archie would be automatically upgraded but there’s no precedent to be certain.

Archie does have a title available if his parents wanted to use it. As the eldest son of a duke he can use his father’s next highest title. So Archie would be Earl of Dunbarton. His sister would be Lady N Mountbatten-Windsor if she’s born in QE2’s lifetime. Same principle as the Wessex kids, except they don’t use the Mountbatten- bit.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

Well in the end the security discussion is moot. Harry and Meghan need to man and woman up to pay for it if it’s so important to them just like other Royal parents of children not entitled to security do. 

• Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 1

Nah, not worth engaging anymore. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Nah, not worth engaging anymore. 

I feel ya.

Thank god for Tyler Perry stepping up. Now I fully expect a "Madea meets the Queen" screenplay next year. Can you imagine? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

@JenniferJuniper @TopazI didn't get that the title itself was what upset them. It was that there was no security because he didn't have the correct title of prince. They felt that their situation warranted it and didn't think it would be a problem to grant it.

Frankly, I agree, given all their unique circumstances. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

@JenniferJuniper @TopazI didn't get that the title itself was what upset them. It was that there was no security because he didn't have the correct title of prince. They felt that their situation warranted it and didn't think it would be a problem to grant it.

Frankly, I agree, given all their unique circumstances. 

If Queen can pull rank to keep Pedo Andrew in security, you’d think they could figure it out for her baby great grandson who was on the receiving end of racist death threats. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

Then they would have to do it for the rest. A line has to be drawn somewhere and unfortunately someone is always going to aggrieved when the line is not what they want.

• Downvote 1
  • WTF 1

One thing I've always related to Meghan was her situation with her half-sister. I also have a half-sister who I'm estranged from. She was only intermittently in my life growing up and for the most part, pretended I didn't exist. I haven't seen her in 10+ years. Yet occasionally people tell me that she blabs "all about" me in conversations. What could she possibly say? She hasn't seen me in a decade, she doesn't know me, and has never known me. So I definitely got a lump in my throat when I saw the clip of Meghan talking about her half-sister and father - and how her father felt like a betrayal but she barely has anything to say about her half-sister because they don't know each other and never see each other. 

I agree though, and I've said this from the beginning too, that I don't believe Meghan didn't know who they were. She definitely might have been a person who had 0 real interest in the royal family. Even people like my mom and I who do keep up with the royal family, have some books on them, like to look into their history every so often, we don't know nearly as much as the average Englishman seems to. It's a cultural divide. So I understand her ignorance in everything royal, but their faces are plastered on our tabloids too. Especially during the time when Prince Harry had his series of scandals years back, that was EVERYWHERE! She at least had to know what they looked like, what their names were, and some of the royals most notorious modern scandals. ? I wonder if she just doesn't want to admit that, "Yeah, I knew who Harry was, I saw his naked butt on the magazine racks back in the day!"

This guessing the skin-color of the baby thing makes me so uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of "guessing" a baby's skin color. I think it's rude. Especially putting the royals into context with their history of widespread colonization, it's gross that some of them dared speak of this. Clearly some of the royals need lessons on manners, but that seems so dumb to say because they probably have no concept of equality or true justice. 

• Upvote 13

12 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

If Queen can pull rank to keep Pedo Andrew in security, you’d think they could figure it out for her baby great grandson who was on the receiving end of racist death threats. 

You'd think.  But that's only if they valued all of their family members as people and not protect the lives of some over others based on artificial rank.

I mean why protect an innocent baby when you can protect a sexual predator? 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Then they would have to do it for the rest. A line has to be drawn somewhere and unfortunately someone is always going to aggrieved when the line is not what they want.

But she literally made an exception for Andrew already. So apparently that is a thing that can be done without expanding it for everyone. 

• Upvote 14

Just now, closetcagebaby said:

But she literally made an exception for Andrew already. So apparently that is a thing that can be done without expanding it for everyone. 

What? Andrew was for most of his life a senior working Royal who got government protection by right. His daughters had theirs taken away over his protests and now he pays for it privately But if you are saying Archie deserves perks but her other minor great children don’t that’s pretty awful in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

No no no, you don't understand. There is an ~*historical precedent*~ for protecting royal pedophiles. Mixed-race royals? You know what the precedent is...

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetcagebaby said:

Seriously, you'll save some stomach lining if you don't try to argue logic with her on this subject.  

They can do whatever the hell they want as has been proven.  

The one thing for which I'm grateful to the BRF is making my family seem as wholesome as an early season Brady Bunch episode.  

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

What? Andrew was for most of his life a senior working Royal who got government protection by right. His daughters had theirs taken away over his protests and now he pays for it privately But if you are saying Archie deserves perks but her other minor great children don’t that’s pretty awful in my opinion. 

If her other great grandchildren and their parents have gotten death threats and race based hatred then it's pretty awful they are not all being given security as being part of that family is the only reason they are targets in the first place.  

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Andrew was for most of his life a senior working Royal

You realize many, many of his meetings with Jeffrey Epstein were, by his own words, in the course of his duties as a "working royal."

You and Andrew seem to have a very different definition of what working entails than the rest of us.

• Upvote 22

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You’re a racist blathering idiot. And you’re also just dead wrong. Say you’re mad Harry married a Black woman, marinate in your racist trash stew, and fuck off. 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/prince-andrew-to-keep-taxpayer-funded-bodyguards-after-queens-intervention/UFYRV2DEE6NFLIQS3ZNKHBBAPQ/

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic