IGNORED

Trump 51: The Lame Duck a l‘Orange

GreyhoundFan

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

What party?

There is no Republican Party anymore. It’s death started with the tea party and the freedom caucuses being allowed so much sway over the party. That paved the way for Trump, when many of them sided with him wholeheartedly, and the rest stood idly by and watched it happen. All of them stayed silent and were actively or passively complicit.

There is nothing left of the original ideals and values. There is nothing left to save.

The so-called group of "pro-lifers" in the end got exactly what they wanted the supreme court packed. Look round millions of these losers are going to still vote Republican no matter what. 

Other than the pro-life movement, they may not have anything left ideologically, but they have millions and millions of suckers who voted them and a profit to be made. 

If the GOP was really over, the senate would have had a big turnover. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The so-called group of "pro-lifers" in the end got exactly what they wanted the supreme court packed. Look round millions of these losers are going to still vote Republican no matter what. 

Other than the pro-life movement, they may not have anything left ideologically, but they have millions and millions of suckers who voted them and a profit to be made. 

If the GOP was really over, the senate would have had a big turnover. 

I agree, except they are not pro-life, they're pro-fetus. They couldn't give a flying fuck about said fetus once it exits the birth canal. They also are pro-death penalty, which makes them utter hypocrites.

The repuglicans also have one other ideological push -- they are against using the government to help the poor and middle class. They only want to prop up the wealthy.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I hope in a year or two the Wikipedia article for Dennis Hastert goes like this; 

John Dennis Hastert (/ˈhæstərt/; born January 2, 1942) is an American former politician and convicted felon...Until the conviction and imprisonment of former President Donald Trump, Hastert was the highest-ranking elected official in U.S. history to have served a prison sentence.

And we have just over 718 hours until there’s an adult in the White House again. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And we have just over 718 hours until there’s an adult in the White House again. 

Trivia I read somewhere (probably facebook) - if you buy/start an advent calendar on 12/26 - it will count you down to the Inauguration.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

How many scaramuccis?

2.7.  The Scaramucci has become one of my favorite units of measurement, along with the Smoot and furlongs per fortnight. Just as accurate as anything, but also completely useless.

A convenient countdown clock (alas, it's in normal units of time, not Scaramuccis): https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/vote?iso=20210120T12&p0=263&msg=Biden+Inauguration&font=hand

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Trump wants an airport named after him and just came out with this important EO:

A tiny mushroom-shaped airport near a prison, maybe?

• Haha 9

kuva.thumb.png.d09d93e4bf15ba4acd52d190ab047f13.png

Seems like a rather trumpy thing to go attacking judges but I don't believe he wrote "One thing has nothing to do with another". Everything is about him so everything has to do with everything

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

HA - his face says it all.

Wallace has no more fucks to give

EF0615A8-DE7A-42D9-A19D-9188EA0B1D84.jpeg

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 13

39 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I use the app called DayCount 

s

1169A3DD-986D-40B6-B1C9-ACBD225D0FAD.png

Thank you!  I had to download it too. 
D9E87C96-31AE-4648-B61F-FDD4ED1C4709.thumb.jpeg.031832414840381c829cfd1bae6bc0a9.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I agree, except they are not pro-life, they're pro-fetus. They couldn't give a flying fuck about said fetus once it exits the birth canal. They also are pro-death penalty, which makes them utter hypocrites.

The repuglicans also have one other ideological push -- they are against using the government to help the poor and middle class. They only want to prop up the wealthy.

That's why I referred to them as the so-called pro-lifers. I agree with completely about the pro-life movement. 

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

That's why I referred to them as the so-called pro-lifers. I agree with completely about the pro-life movement. 

Yeah I just call them anti-choicers. There’s nothing pro life about these people. Hell some of the bowel movement’s leadership doesn’t even believe or practice what they preach. That’s why they support the orange serial liar and sociopath.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

Trivia I read somewhere (probably facebook) - if you buy/start an advent calendar on 12/26 - it will count you down to the Inauguration.

And they'll be half priced by then!

• Upvote 3

I couldn't quite put my finger on what vibe the videos from tpusa were pushing.  When I saw this response, I realized they do look like MLM scams.

Maybe Plexus is the beverage of choice there.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

This is a good piece from the WaPo's Margaret Sullivan: "Journalists, it’s time for a cold-turkey breakup with Trump"

Long before he glided down that golden escalator at Trump Tower in 2015 to announce his presidential candidacy, Donald Trump was an object of media fascination. He could never actually become president, of course — that was unthinkable — but he captivated us all the same.

Once he was elected, the media’s fascination turned to utter obsession. Newscasts, front pages, opinion columns — whatever the form, we couldn’t seem to tear our gaze away.

The relationship was bumpy, sometimes abusive — “scum,” he called us early on — but Trump commanded attention nearly every hour of every day.

What new insult? What new outrageous policy? What new threat to democracy?

And the paradoxical reality couldn’t be denied: Although he trashed us, he also helped us. Cable ratings skyrocketed, newspaper subscriptions soared, and podcasters never had to scrounge for topics. (Media columnists were busy, too.) There was even an inside-the-industry name for this audience increase: the Trump Bump.

Stand-up comic Michelle Wolf hit the bull’s eye at the 2018 White House Correspondents’ Association dinner: “You act like you hate him, but I think you really love him,” she accused the reporters, editors and publishers in the room. And then she went for the journalistic jugular: “You helped create this monster, and now you’re profiting off of him.”

But soon, very soon, the party needs to end. It’s late, everyone’s had too much to drink, and it’s time to head home and sleep it off.

Take inspiration where it can be found: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell managed a hollow smile Tuesday as he acknowledged that Joe Biden is the president-elect and Kamala Harris the vice president-elect. Now the news media needs to do something every bit as challenging: Go cold turkey on Trump.

Yes, breaking up is hard to do. And this one is going to hurt more than most.

Because Biden — though he has the definite advantage of not being a constant threat to democracy — is no ball of fire. He stays on script. He rarely goes on the attack. And he seems interested in bringing citizens together, not driving them apart.

“The most boring human being I’ve ever seen,” as the current Oval Office occupant put it in his usual tactful way.

Some of the attention, of course, will shift by itself. And that reality appears to be much on Trump’s mind. “He will be astounded at how irrelevant a president becomes after losing reelection,” the presidential historian Michael Beschloss told Politico. “Ask Jimmy Carter. Ask George H.W. Bush.”

But then again, those former presidents were not all that captivating to begin with. Trump is already maneuvering to keep the spotlight shining exactly where he likes it by broadly hinting at his 2024 presidential run.

But so what? The media should — for once — decline to take the bait.

Don’t allow him to become a self-styled president in exile, the golf-cart version of Napoleon on Elba.

Do not set up a Mar-a-Lago bureau.

Don’t have entire reporting beats dedicated to what he and his family members are up to.

And for God’s sake, stop writing about his unhinged tweets.

There are sure to be temptations in that realm, like, for instance, Trump’s retweet of attorney Lin Wood’s view that Georgia’s Republican governor and secretary of state “will soon be going to jail” because they didn’t do the president’s bidding to try to overturn the election.

How can you not cover that? Here’s how: You just don’t. It may not be easy, but you have a thoughtful, predetermined policy, and then you stand by it.

I’m not suggesting that the name Trump never appear in a headline again. A former president’s legal troubles — should they arise, as seems inevitable — will be worth some ink.

If he starts volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, a la Jimmy Carter, I’d cover that.

But the rest of it? The preening, the insults, the efforts to take down the lawfully elected president, the constant, straight-up lies?

Let’s give it a good long rest, shall we?

We’ve all had our fill. And then some.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I feel sorry for all the people that work in the White House. The regular employees not the political ones. Imagine trying to do your job in this atmosphere of lunacy. I know they’re bound by confidentiality agreements but I would love to read an article about the stuff they’ve seen and heard.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah man baby is mad at almost everyone. Pence, Mitch McFuckstick, and so on.  I wish Pence would have the intestinal fortitude to invoke the 25A right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

On 12/21/2020 at 8:45 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

While they deify single moms who work three jobs and rarely see their kids, all in the name of “she never took a penny of welfare.”

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I feel sorry for all the people that work in the White House. The regular employees not the political ones. Imagine trying to do your job in this atmosphere of lunacy. I know they’re bound by confidentiality agreements but I would love to read an article about the stuff they’ve seen and heard.

Plus I doubt anyone cares enough to wear masks around them. Imagine the relief on January 20th when masks become the norm in the White House.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, Ali said:

Plus I doubt anyone cares enough to wear masks around them. Imagine the relief on January 20th when masks become the norm in the White House.

Too late for the director of WH security. He's already lost one leg and part of the other foot due to complications of COVID. I wonder how many other WH employees' lives have been upturned or destroyed by the cavalier attitudes in the West and East wing?

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic