IGNORED

Trump 51: The Lame Duck a l‘Orange

GreyhoundFan

I'm just going to put this here. 

I notice a lot of liberals are calming down and being more forgiving since Biden won the election. I'm still angry at Trump and the Republicans. It's very frustrating to me. We're going to be dealing with the consequences of having this man as our president for a long time. 

I'm not ready for unity yet. Neither are the Trump supporters judging by the flags and signs still up. Two houses have Trump in a Santa hat (one house he's on the lawn and another house he's in the window). 

I'm nervous for my country, because too many people still like Trump. This has been an awful year and it's seems like we haven't hit rock bottom yet (due to how people are still defending Trump, McConnell, etc.) 

• I Agree 20

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm just going to put this here. 

I notice a lot of liberals are calming down and being more forgiving since Biden won the election. I'm still angry at Trump and the Republicans. It's very frustrating to me. We're going to be dealing with the consequences of having this man as our president for a long time. 

I'm not ready for unity yet. Neither are the Trump supporters judging by the flags and signs still up. Two houses have Trump in a Santa hat (one house he's on the lawn and another house he's in the window). 

I'm nervous for my country, because too many people still like Trump. This has been an awful year and it's seems like we haven't hit rock bottom yet (due to how people are still defending Trump, McConnell, etc.) 

Anyone who thinks I’m calming down needs to go check the temperature in hell first. Personally.  I’ll never forgive Fuckmuppet and his groupies for the damage they’ve done and are continuing to do. And I won’t stand for milquetoast types who want to do this reaching across the aisle bullshit. 

Also it looks like one thing went well for Fuckmuppet this week. He’s no longer the person loser.com redirects to. That now goes to Fuckmuppet’s buddy Narendra Modi. Of course depending on the level of temper tantrums thrown that may change again  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

6.35 minute recap of Trump's stint in the Oval. 

[sound not needed]

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 6

Anybody have the over/under on whether Trump is actually going to Mar a Lago for XMas?  He's scheduled to be there Dec 23 - Jan 3. 

If Trump decides to stay in DC, I'd be starting to get concerned that he will try to stay in the WH on Jan 20. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Apparently both Flynn and Trump asked about deploying the military?

Dude is really fucking around with some serious shit. Treason (or at least sedition) charges are no joke. 

This isn't like grabbing 'em by the pussy or calling McCain a loser. Those comments were not actually illegal or unConstitutional. 

Talking about involving the military in basically overturning the election results is a coup. Someone needs to take his phone away for five minutes and explain real slowly the actual, real-life consequences of these actions. He is about to lose presidential immunity in 33 days and counting. 

He is also rapidly losing any remaining military support he had, and doesn't seem to understand that those around him see the writing on the wall. If he does try to declare martial law I think the executive branch is basically going to crumble into chaos.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Apparently both Flynn and Trump asked about deploying the military?

Dude is really fucking around with some serious shit. Treason (or at least sedition) charges are no joke. 

I'm curious as to what threshold would need to be crossed for sedition charges to be laid. Directly ordering the military to seize control is pretty obviously past the line, but talking or asking about it is a lot greyer.  Unless they show their hand directly I can't see them being charged.

• Upvote 7

Someone needs to take his phone away for five minutes and explain real slowly the actual, real-life consequences of these actions. He is about to lose presidential immunity in 33 days and counting. 

This won’t help, even if someone had the gumption to do it. Trump simply won’t listen. He is desperate, and fighting for his life (both figuratively and literally) and  desperately stupid as well. He will only listen to people who tell him what he wants to hear. Anyone else is perceived as being against him, and despised as weak and giving up, instead of fighting for him.

He is scared out of his mind and incredibly dangerous as long as his instinct to fight is still going strong. He will attempt increasingly mad and hair-brained schemes to cling to power. There’s no doubt in my mind that he will attempt to install martial law (why else is Flynn publicly speaking about it), but I seriously doubt that it will work.

His time is up. He simply refuses to acknowledge that fact, let alone accept it. No matter what anyone says.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

He's been tweeting a storm... Links to fake news stories and trying to blame everything on China. 

And John Bolton is one of the dumbest people in Washington. Which means our stable genius here  hired him.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201220-113533__01.thumb.jpg.5206f7fd2714dfa8db98cc1b0daaeb4e.jpgScreenshot_20201220-113602__01.thumb.jpg.e03667bfe8818a9e38b17c143c39a990.jpg

Screenshot_20201220-113421__01.jpg

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

He will be having a big rally for Perdue and Loeffler on January 4, he says in one of those tweets that @AmazonGrace posted above. Which is really good for Ossoff and Warnock's chances of winning. We all know he's going to make that rally into a pity party for himself again and make everything about him, him, him.

• Upvote 13

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm curious as to what threshold would need to be crossed for sedition charges to be laid. Directly ordering the military to seize control is pretty obviously past the line, but talking or asking about it is a lot greyer.  Unless they show their hand directly I can't see them being charged.

I agree that asking about it isn't illegal and can't lead to charges (as disturbing as it is), but considering how desperate he is, I don't know if it will stop there. 

Honestly, I don't put anything past him. The only things that calm me are 1. He is deeply lacking in physical courage, and 2.  I think nearly everyone in positions of power outside of his sycophantic inner circle see him for what he is and know he is on the way out. No one is going to follow wildly divisive, potentially illegal orders of a lame duck POTUS with one month left. 

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

This won’t help, even if someone had the gumption to do it. Trump simply won’t listen. He is desperate, and fighting for his life (both figuratively and literally) and  desperately stupid as well. He will only listen to people who tell him what he wants to hear. Anyone else is perceived as being against him, and despised as weak and giving up, instead of fighting for him.

Oh, agree. A lot of what we see are the effects of a leader who only wants to be surrounded by yes-men. Even something as stupid as that photo op at the tiny desk. A competent inner circle would have pointed out that the desk would look stupid and needed to be replaced. But everyone just has to nod and tell him every idea he has is inspired genius. 

But we've also seen that the military and the Supreme Court are not his toadies. And I think if push comes to shove, most Republicans in Congress aren't going to walk over hot coals for him. 

• Upvote 17

Oh, agree. A lot of what we see are the effects of a leader who only wants to be surrounded by yes-men. Even something as stupid as that photo op at the tiny desk. A competent inner circle would have pointed out that the desk would look stupid and needed to be replaced. But everyone just has to nod and tell him every idea he has is inspired genius.

I won't be surprised if it's some Republicans who bring the most potent charges against him as soon as he leaves office.  I also won't be surprised if Trump isn't in the US on Inauguration Day.  They may not be willing or able to save their souls, assuming that ever really mattered to them, but I believe they want to save their Party.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

but I believe they want to save their Party.

What party?

There is no Republican Party anymore. It’s death started with the tea party and the freedom caucuses being allowed so much sway over the party. That paved the way for Trump, when many of them sided with him wholeheartedly, and the rest stood idly by and watched it happen. All of them stayed silent and were actively or passively complicit.

There is nothing left of the original ideals and values. There is nothing left to save.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

What party?

There is no Republican Party anymore. It’s death started with the tea party and the freedom caucuses being allowed so much sway over the party. That paved the way for Trump, when many of them sided with him wholeheartedly, and the rest stood idly by and watched it happen. All of them stayed silent and were actively or passively complicit.

There is nothing left of the original ideals and values. There is nothing left to save.

Agree the Republican Party isn't much at the moment but I believe, or at least want to believe, that there are some Republican patriots around who will try to rebrand.  While it feels like an eternity, the last four years plus the ugly lead-up could fade - somewhat - in collective memory within the context of the past few hundred years.  There are a lot of Republican voters and I'm pretty sure they don't all feel the same irresistible sway from the ultra-right wingers.  Many are complicit...and/or delusional and/or just plain stupid, etc...but I expect that more than an irrelevant few would be happy to get their original ideals and values once again represented and advocated for.  The question (to me) is whether there is a powerful enough "moderate underground" to allow this to happen.

• Upvote 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic