IGNORED

Trump 51: The Lame Duck a l‘Orange

GreyhoundFan

Geezus 45 looks really unhealthy. So much for golf as exercise.

Most admired? Wtf for? I can't even.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

And fuck face has a sad over the House overriding his veto

President Donald Trump lashed out at congressional Republicans on Tuesday after the House easily voted to override his veto of a defense policy bill.

A total of 109 Republicans, including Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, a member of GOP leadership, joined with Democrats on Monday to approve the override, which would be the first of Trump’s presidency. The Senate is expected to consider the measure later this week.

Trump slammed GOP lawmakers on Twitter, charging that “Weak and tired Republican ‘leadership’ will allow the bad Defense Bill to pass.″

Trump called the override vote a “disgraceful act of cowardice and total submission by weak people to Big Tech. Negotiate a better Bill, or get better leaders, NOW! Senate should not approve NDAA until fixed!!!″

• Thank You 8

He's gonna have another sad because McConnell is blocking the Stimulus in the Senate because ole Mitch wants that defense bill. 

• Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Man dislikes wife's remodel.  (How many rage tweets has this one generated)

If he doesn't like his Malware a Tugjob quarters wait til he gets a load of his future accommodations

futurehouse.png.17056ee519151b12a39c0276353b8b0b.png

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

I'm going to try to answer your questions one by one as best I can. Because I'm far from an expert on the subject, I'm not always sure about the finer legal details, but I think you'll get the general idea of how things work here.

@fraurosenaFew more questions:

1.  Are there legal, vs. only financial, ramifications if it turns out that someone has been faking sick?

2.  Are the small business and self-employed insurance rates manageable?  Do they go up if claims are made?

3.  Who monitors the sickness claims of the self-employed?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

As one tweeter pointed out, this is the prelude for Trump to stop payment to contractors for work already completed.  Stiffing contractors is his signature move; he's done it on all of his construction projects. 

Interested in seeing if Trump goes back to DC. I think he will. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

@fraurosenaFew more questions:

1.  Are there legal, vs. only financial, ramifications if it turns out that someone has been faking sick?

2.  Are the small business and self-employed insurance rates manageable?  Do they go up if claims are made?

3.  Who monitors the sickness claims of the self-employed?

It’s late over here so my answers will be short.

1. Ramifications are primarily financial; I’m sure there will be legal consequences written in law but I’ve never heard of someone sentenced to anything other than financial.

2. Insurance rates are manageable and adjustable to your needs and means. I don’t know the ins and outs of it, so I can’t answer your question about rising payments after claims.

3. I suppose the insurance companies will have demands as to how claims can be verified but I don’t know specifics.

• Thank You 8

Trump is in deep shit. Expect rage tweets soon.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

She really is having fun I think seeing just how crazy he is becoming. No reason not to help his spin into madness get more out of control 

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

If he doesn't like his Malware a Tugjob quarters wait til he gets a load of his future accommodations

futurehouse.png.17056ee519151b12a39c0276353b8b0b.png

I’d say remove the TV for maximum pain 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

She really is having fun I think seeing just how crazy he is becoming. No reason not to help his spin into madness get more out of control 

I’d say remove the TV for maximum pain 

I'm thinking no phone and the TV is only set to MSNBC.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

That along with CNN and the NFL Network 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Or and endless loop Biden’s swearing in ceremony and Obama’s roast of Trump at the White House Correspondents Dinner 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Or and endless loop Biden’s swearing in ceremony and Obama’s roast of Trump at the White House Correspondents Dinner 

Stormy Daniels talking about Trump's disappointing performance in the bedroom. :pb_twisted:

• Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Stormy Daniels talking about Trump's disappointing performance in the bedroom. :pb_twisted:

You win FJ today 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

You're not naive, @church_of_dog. You simply don't have certain knowledge and are smart enough to ask for more information. :pb_wink:

I'm going to try to answer your questions one by one as best I can. Because I'm far from an expert on the subject, I'm not always sure about the finer legal details, but I think you'll get the general idea of how things work here.

It's under a spoiler because it became quite lengthy.

Reveal hidden contents

Who pays sick leave?
Your employer must pay your sick leave for a maximum period of two years. According to the law they must pay you 70% of your salary; however certain terms of employment may state that employers pay 100% during the first year, and then 70% in the second. An employer is mandated to pay you at least minimum wage, even if 70% of your salary puts your income below minimum wage during the first year. If your income falls below minimum wage in the second year, it can be supplemented by special governmental benefits.  However, employers are only mandated to pay 70% of the maximum day salary (a generalized number; currently it's 163 euro). If your salary is higher then you could receive only 70% of 3500 euro per month (unless your terms of employment differ).

Do employers get reimbursed from the government?
No. But they can insure themselves. This is especially important for small businesses, of course.

Who pays the costs for a self-employed person?
The self-employed person does. They too can insure themselves for this eventuality.

How does a government keep too many people from unnecessarily taking advantage of this setup?
The government doesn't; at least not directly. There are provisions in the law that tackle this eventuality though.
First of all, the first two days of illness aren't covered -- according to the law, an employer doesn't have to pay the first two days to prevent people from taking unnecessary advantage. In practice though, many if not most employers will pay from the very first day you call in sick.
Secondly, sick employees have rights, such as paid sick leave, but they also have obligations. You must call in sick on the first workday of your illness. During your illness, you must be available for check-ups. Check-ups are not done for short term illnesses (less than 14 days) and at first are simple telephone calls from your manager, asking how things are going and when you expect to be back (there are rules though, the manager cannot ask about the nature of your illness, for example, although you are free to tell them if you want). If your illness is more serious or lengthy, you can be asked to visit the company doctor. A company doctor is not, as my simple translation of the Dutch word implies, a doctor in the employ of a company, but a doctor who specializes in assisting employees in reintegrating back to work. This doctor will be contractually hired by a company to do this for their sick employees. The company doctor is bound by doctor-patient confidentiality, and will only report his prognosis of your return to work to your employer. If necessary, the company doctor will make a personalized plan with you to reintegrate (e.g. start off working half days, or fewer days per week, and gradually build up until you are completely well again).

Not a question you asked, but:
What happens if you are on unemployment benefits and you become ill?
You must call in sick with your unemployment officer. Your unemployment benefits are stopped and replaced by 'sick pay '. Just like unemployment benefits, 'sick pay' is funded by the government. Your obligations are the same as for employees, except you contact your unemployment officer. Just like companies, unemployment offices hire company doctors. During your illness, you are exempt from your mandatory job applications.

Another question you didn't ask:
What happens if you become permanently unable to work?
Your contract with your employer will be terminated and you will become eligible for disability benefits. It will depend on factors such as your age and the nature of your disability which benefits exactly you are eligible for. Before your employment is officially terminated, the process of getting your disability benefits will be started, to ensure a smooth transition without loss of income.

Thank you so much, @fraurosena.  What I'm trying to get at is -- what are the fundamental issues (aside from our current political ridiculousness) that prevent the US from having a working national healthcare system as it seems to work pretty well in Europe and Canada and other places.

Does it really boil down to a cultural tolerance for higher taxes in order to fund these programs?  Or is it more a matter of the government allocating existing funds differently?  Or something else entirely?

This question not aimed solely at @fraurosena but I would love to hear from anyone who understands this issue.

????

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 8

All the above suggestions on a continuous loop.  Along with continuous clips of Olbermann calling out Republicans.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

All the above suggestions on a continuous loop.  Along with continuous clips of Olbermann calling out Republicans.

Olberman my future husband 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Also clips of Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar kicking Brett Kavanaugh's ass.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I rather like the idea of his TV showing only showing news about other people, and his own name never being mentioned, except for fleeting references when discussing some stupid thing he did to our country that, it almost goes without saying, is being reversed now (c'mon, Georgia voters - help make my fantasy at least a little more likely!).

Sponsors should be Subaru, Modelo beer, anybody with same-sex couples in their ads, various inspiring charities. No Mike Lindell, of course.

Oh, and the toilet should be so powerful that it sprays all over him every time it flushes. Just a little "be careful what you wish for" karma.

• Haha 15

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Trump is in deep shit. Expect rage tweets soon.

Oooooh.  Sorry, I’m the bean counter geeking out over forensic accountants being brought in,

• Upvote 9

34 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Also clips of Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar kicking Brett Kavanaugh's ass.

And no hair dye, hairspray, or bronzer.

I'm thinking a steady diet of bologna sandwiches too.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

And no hair dye, hairspray, or bronzer.

I'm thinking a steady diet of bologna sandwiches too.

I think mostly kale, broccoli, and overcooked lima beans.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Oh, and the toilet should be so powerful that it sprays all over him every time it flushes.

This right here is why I can't quit this place. :worship:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic