IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 8: Lawsuits, Qualified Biden Nominees, and a Pouty Toddler

GreyhoundFan

9 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

@47of74 I tried to read it, I really did, but after the second mention of Bank robbery, which clearly is connected to the KKK and murder of people in New York, I just realised that Trump need to be president again, because there's a white bunny ?

I'm not sure if I should just laugh non stop or cry non stop.. Mixed feelings. help me?!

(i only got to page 4 and couldn't even comprehend half of it, because I feel like a lot repeats itself, also it makes NO F****** sense and also, english is not my first language. I strongly believe this is the smallest issue in this case though..)

I'm glad the dude who used to send harassing communications to half the city never got it in his head to start filing a bunch of lawsuits per se when he was still with us because I think the filing here is exactly what his filings would look like. 

Just occurred to me too that this whole things sounds kind of like the stuff sovereign citizens would do.  

• Upvote 8

Biden has hairline fractures in his foot that will require a walking boot for several weeks. When I heard about it, all I could think was that the repugs would start screaming about how old he is and how this is evidence he will die before the inauguration. George Takei has a better take:

image.png.4ce0a68f8cc1e6781397cb957994fba9.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

this whole things sounds kind of like the stuff sovereign citizens would do.  

Yes, exactly this. If it walks like a duck...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

And the grift goes on: "Trump’s campaign sent nearly as many emails in the three weeks after the election as the three weeks before"

One of the moments of relief that follows any political campaign is the sudden drop-off in volume of appeals from candidates. Television programming that days earlier had been a steady stream of people approving messages abruptly transition back into lists of possible drug side effects and litanies of financing details. Inboxes blizzarded with fundraising appeals suddenly ping far less often. It’s the calm that follows the storm, with all of the implications of needing to do cleanup that the analogy implies.

This year, though, there’s been an exception to this happy pattern. The days after the Nov. 3 election have been far from quiet, with President Trump’s campaign refusing to end as surely as the candidate himself has refused to acknowledge how it ended. There has been no aftermath for the campaign, since the campaign doesn’t consider the election concluded. It, following Trump’s lead, insists that there is still a fight to be fought, so it’s still making the same sorts of appeals that it did before Nov. 3.

We can quantify that. In the three weeks before Nov. 3, the Trump campaign sent out 365 emails, according to a database compiled by the Defending Democracy Together Institute. In the three weeks that followed, from Nov. 4 to Nov. 24, the campaign sent out 354. Amazingly, it sent out more emails in the week after the election than the week before.

image.png.e426884dc051fa00ccbb537310f5f342.png

The purported senders of those messages changed subtly during those two periods.

During each period, Trump himself was the most commonly identified sender, followed by a generic website-related address.

While 22 emails in the three weeks before the election came from the first lady, former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders or Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), none in the three weeks afterward did so. In the three weeks after, Republican National Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and Rudolph W. Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, sent a combined 11 emails after sending none in the three weeks before.

Vice President Pence was identified as the sender (sometimes alongside Trump) on nearly twice as many emails after the election as before. About as often, the emails that arrived in the three weeks after the election came from an entity specifically identified as seeking to defend the election results — an Orwellian identifier, given what the results showed.

Curious how this compares with the appeals from President-elect Joe Biden? In the four weeks before Election Day, his campaign sent out 163 emails. In the nearly four weeks since, it sent fewer than 30, again according to the Archive of Political Emails compiled by DDTI.

The rationale for the Trump requests is not mysterious. As has been noted, the focal point of the emails from the president’s campaign is that readers should make a contribution to help fight his loss. At the beginning, the money donated went not to legal challenges or recounts, but instead to retire campaign debt until a donor hit the federal contribution limit. Then money would go to the Republican Party. After this was publicly reported, the initial recipient was changed to a new political action committee formed by Trump.

In other words, the only thing that changed Nov. 3 was that the Trump campaign shifted its rationale for begging for money. Before Nov. 3, the spur was the need to win the election. After Nov. 3, the spur was to somehow not lose it. In each case, the money went to political committees.

The reason that campaign appeals tend to slow down after Election Day, of course, is that candidates understand that people aren’t going to be too excited to hand over cash to a campaign that’s over. For the low, low price of misleading supporters and reinforcing cynicism about the safety of American elections, the Trump campaign figured out a way to keep the tap open.

So they kept it open.

• Thank You 4

“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the AP.

The comments are especially direct coming from Barr, who has been one of the president's most ardent allies. Before the election, he had repeatedly raised the notion that mail-in voter fraud could be especially vulnerable to fraud during the coronavirus pandemic as Americans feared going to polls and instead chose to vote by mail.

So, Bill Barr has crawled out from under his rock to say this. He'd probably better crawl back under before he's added to DiGenova's hit list along with Krebs.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 6

39 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

So, Bill Barr has crawled out from under his rock to say this. He'd probably better crawl back under before he's added to DiGenova's hit list along with Krebs.

I wonder.  Could he possibly be trying to detach from the circus act or is this a distraction from an upcoming nightmare?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

6 of one...

38 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder.  Could he possibly be trying to detach from the circus act or is this a distraction from an upcoming nightmare?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I think it’s more of an attempt by Barr to keep his sorry ass out of the slammer and save his law license in the process. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

43 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I think it’s more of an attempt by Barr to keep his sorry ass out of the slammer and save his law license in the process. 

12:01 pm Jan 20 he needs to be standing in the unemployment line 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I don't know, but visually, it looks like he's ripped a dress and a bonnet off of some poor lady from second class waiting in line, pushed her aside, and jumped into one of the last remaining lifeboats.

These fuckers.  They cannot be allowed to get away with this. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

12:01 pm Jan 20 he needs to be standing in the unemployment line 

Quoting myself to say unemployment line or the chow line at a super max federal prison 

• Upvote 9

So  very true: "Trump won’t concede because it’s so profitable to keep the con going"

The end of the coronavirus pandemic is in sight, but the last stage is turning out to be the most virulent. The same might be said of the Trump presidency.

All six battleground states that President Trump was contesting have certified their election results. The results of the electoral college vote on Dec. 14 are a foregone conclusion. Even Attorney General William P. Barr says: “To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome.” But instead of graciously conceding, Trump and his cultists are becoming more venomous and unhinged as the end draws near.

Trump’s Twitter feed remains devoted to promoting outlandish conspiracy theories about how the election was supposedly stolen; he even retweeted a user named “Catturd” to make his case. His former lawyer Sidney Powell retweeted a demand that the president “use the Insurrection Act, Suspend the December Electoral College Vote, and set up Military Tribunals immediately.” One of his current lawyers, Joe diGenova, says that former cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs, who was fired by Trump for rebutting his claims of fraud, “should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot.”

The Trump revolution is now devouring its own children. The president is attacking supporters such as Gov. Doug Ducey of Arizona and Gov. Brian Kemp of Georgia because they will not toss out the election results in their states. Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, another loyal Republican, needs bodyguards because of all the death threats he and his family are getting. Even Georgia Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue — both of whom disgraced themselves by demanding that Raffensperger resign — haven’t gone far enough for some of the faithful. They are being accused of being “liberal DemoRats.”

Republicans are worried that some of their voters will not turn out in the Jan. 5 Georgia runoffs, which will determine control of the U.S. Senate, because they have been fed paranoid fantasies about ballot machines controlled by the ghost of Hugo Chávez. If so, it would serve the Republican Party right. This would be poetic justice for a party that has indulged its leader’s mad whims for so long.

“If Republicans don’t start condemning this stuff, then I think they’re really complicit in it,” Raffensperger told The Post. “It’s time to stand up and be counted. Are you going to stand for righteousness? Are you going to stand for integrity? Or are you going to stand for the wild mob?”

Raffensperger’s naivete is touching. Where has he been the past four years? Most Republicans are too terrified of the mob that Trump has mobilized to challenge anything that he does — even when he is mounting an unprecedented assault on the integrity of our electoral system.

The good news is that Trump will soon leave office. The bad news is that he will never admit that he lost to Biden by more than 6 million votes, and neither will his millions of devoted followers. (A new poll finds that less than a third of Trump voters express confidence in the election results.) He will continue claiming until the day he dies that he is a victim of a vast conspiracy encompassing both Republican and Democratic officials — a plot so fiendishly effective that no evidence of its machinations can be found.

Given that Trump cares nothing about the public weal, why should he ever admit defeat? Keeping the long con going not only offers a salve for his wounded ego but also possible salvation for his debt-riddled balance sheet. (Forbes reports that he owes at least $1 billion.)

Trump’s political operation has raised more than $170 million since Election Day with fraudulent claims of fraud. The campaign wasted $3 million on a recount in Wisconsin that expanded Biden’s lead in that state by 87 votes. It might as well have used donors’ money to light Donald Trump Jr.’s cigars — and it still might. As my colleague Philip Bump notes, contributions to Trump’s political action committee, Save America PAC, can be used “to fund basically anything,” including “memberships at golf clubs,” “travel,” “rallies,” “even payments directly to Trump himself, as long as he declares it as income.”

Trump claims to be an expert on winning. His actual area of expertise is how to profit from losing. He survived the bankruptcy of six of his businesses, and he will survive the moral bankruptcy of his presidency. He has now figured out how to monetize assaults on our democracy. He will keep going at least until 2024, and then either regain the Republican nomination for himself or hand it off to a favored sycophant.

A new McLaughlin/Newsmax poll of the 2024 Republican primary without Trump has Donald Trump Jr. tied for the lead with Vice President Pence at 20 percent. Ivanka Trump is at 4 percent. This isn’t the Republican Party. It’s the Trumplican Party. Support for the supreme leader trumps, so to speak, any devotion to democracy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

What a pathetic bunch of wimps these Republicans are!  Allowing themselves to be bullied and blackmailed by that orange turd with clown hair. 

Pathetic bunch of wimps indeed. But not because they’re bullied by Trump. They’re bullied by the tea-party pushers within their own party. They are the ones who stood behind Trump and held him afloat. And they are the ones who are signaling now that some may drop Trump.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Pathetic bunch of wimps indeed. But not because they’re bullied by Trump. They’re bullied by the tea-party pushers within their own party. They are the ones who stood behind Trump and held him afloat. And they are the ones who are signaling now that some may drop Trump.

As Sam Donaldson said on CNN last night, there is no way the next gen of Republican politicians are ultimately going to sit back and let Trump remain king of the hill.  Lil Marco Rubio and Lyin' Ted Cruz and their ilk will surely not continue to support him once he's out of office, and they'll eventually have the support of right wing media.  Fox is turning already. Trump's carcus is already starting to stink a little, and while this sideshow is lining his pockets, at the end of the day he'll still be a doddering old one termer who won't be a player in four years.  Humpty Trumpty will still have his rallies, but if only fringe media and Youtube cover them, he'll slowly fade away.   Thankfully he's old and loaded with fried chicken grease. 

• Upvote 13

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic