IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 8: Lawsuits, Qualified Biden Nominees, and a Pouty Toddler

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

So, Biden has won again (and again and again and again). Trump is pouting. The Trump Administration is frantically trying to blow up as much as possible on the way out. Rudy and his team are insane. Oh, and Biden's nominees who have been announced are, by and large, seasoned and reasonable people who are qualified for their jobs. What a refreshing change from the last four years.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 13

Has anyone noticed none of the Cabinet picks are named Hunter or Ashley Biden or Howard Krein (Ashley's husband)

• Upvote 27
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Hm his WH chief of staff is named Ronald Klain. It sounds suspiciously like Howard Krein was trying to pick himself a fake name.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19

Anyone else have this reaction to Emily's self serving letter - in particular the parts about how she wasn't pressured to hold off and was just doing her job?

smellslikebs.png.d07d57f3edfe206bac37df528289b17f.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

41 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Anyone else have this reaction to Emily's self serving letter - in particular the parts about how she wasn't pressured to hold off and was just doing her job?

Do you have a link to a text of the letter (rather than a photo of the letter itself, which I can't read on my laptop).  I've googled and can't find it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Do you have a link to a text of the letter (rather than a photo of the letter itself, which I can't read on my laptop).  I've googled and can't find it. 

It's on the CNN site:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/gsa-transition-letter/index.html

Here's the full letter:

Spoiler

Dear Mr. Biden: 

As the Administrator of the U.S. General Services Administration, I have the ability under the Presidential Transition Act of 1963, as amended, to make certain post-election resources and services available to assist in the event of a presidential transition.  See 3 U.S.C. § 102 note (the "Act").  I take this role seriously and, because of recent developments involving legal challenges and certifications of election results, am transmitting this letter today to make those resources and services available to you.

I have dedicated much of my adult life to public service, and I have always strived to do what is right.  Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts.  I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official—including those who work at the White House or GSA—with regard to the substance or timing of my decision.  To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination.  I did, however, receive threats online, by phone, and by mail directed at my safety, my family, my staff, and even my pets in an effort to coerce me into making this determination prematurely.  Even in the face of thousands of threats, I always remained committed to upholding the law.  

Contrary to media reports and insinuations, my decision was not made out of fear or favoritism.  Instead, I strongly believe that the statute requires that the GSA Administrator ascertain, not impose, the apparent president-elect.  Unfortunately, the statute provides no procedures or standards for this process, so I looked to precedent from prior elections involving legal challenges and incomplete counts.  GSA does not dictate the outcome of legal disputes and recounts, nor does it determine whether such proceedings are reasonable or justified.  These are issues that the Constitution, federal laws, and state laws leave to the election certification process and decisions by courts of competent jurisdiction.  I do not think that an agency charged with improving federal procurement and property management should place itself above the constitutionally-based election process.  I strongly urge Congress to consider amendments to the Act.

As you know, the GSA Administrator does not pick or certify the winner of a presidential election.  Instead, the GSA Administrator's role under the Act is extremely narrow: to make resources and services available in connection with a presidential transition.  As stated, because of recent developments involving legal challenges and certifications of election results, I have determined that you may access the post-election resources and services described in Section 3 of the Act upon request.  The actual winner of the presidential election will be determined by the electoral process detailed in the Constitution. 

Section 7 of the Act and Public Law 116-159, dated October 1, 2020, which provides continuing appropriations until December 11, 2020, makes $6,300,000 available to you to carry out the provisions of Section 3 of the Act.  In addition, $1,000,000 is authorized, pursuant to Public Law 116-159, to provide appointee orientation sessions and a transition directory.  I remind you that Section 6 of the Act imposes reporting requirements on you as a condition for receiving services and funds from GSA.

If there is anything we can do to assist you, please contact Ms. Mary D. Gibert, the Federal Transition Coordinator.

Sincerely,

Emily W. Murphy

Administrator

U.S. General Services Administration

Edited by Xan
  • Thank You 4

Numerous people have pointed out that, although she is competent at her job, she's also a hardened political operative and was definitely in place to address some issues of concern to Trump, like blocking moving the FBI to a new bldg.   Trump was afraid the aging existing  structure would be razed and a new hotel put onto that property, which could complete with the nearby Trump hotel. 

Don't buy into her "I didn't capitulate to political pressure" and "I was only following the pure letter of the narrowly written law."  She had her marching orders, when it was clear that Biden had won and Trump wouldn't accept it. 

And Emily?  You noxious twunt, f**k you every which way but Sunday for not addressing the letter to President Elect Biden.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 25
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

And Emily?  You noxious twunt, f**k you every which way but Sunday for not addressing the letter to President Elect Biden. 

I’m not as nice because I’d include Sunday 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Good catch. Either she was too afraid of Bonespur Buttplug’s reaction or the giant orange hemorrhoid told her not to refer to the President-Elect by his rightful title. 

Neither of which is a good look for her. 

• Upvote 15

Good little thread on why the military not being on Trump’s side has been crucial to democracy prevailing.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Dot gov

That’s a pretty big deal that the transition now has a dot gov site.  The TLD is run by the GSA and there’s some specific stuff they require - written authorizations, etc - to register a dot gov site.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

That’s a pretty big deal that the transition now has a dot gov site.  The TLD is run by the GSA and there’s some specific stuff they require - written authorizations, etc - to register a dot gov site.

Trump is not amused.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Isn't it great that the voters get to determine that?

Yeah

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Trump is not amused.

Neither do you Donnie Poo

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic