IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 8: Lawsuits, Qualified Biden Nominees, and a Pouty Toddler

GreyhoundFan

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I agree that it's an interesting read, and the theory it posits has its merits. But there is something fundamentally flawed in its premise: it assumes that Trump actually has the mental acuity to plan this and then execute it perfectly. I simply can't suspend my disbelief on that part. His querulous tantrums, his narcissistic need for adoration, is absolute corruption and abject stupidity and propensity to constantly undermine himself negate the notion that Trump planned this. Did someone whisper it in his ear? Maybe. Is someone who wants a behind the scenes grip on the GOP orchestrating this? I don't know. That's going a bit too far into the realm of conspiracy theories for me.

I agree that he doesn't have the smarts to plan and execute. However, he has a whole group of opportunist minions who want to curry favor with him, possibly for future jobs or elections. They may be skilled enough to put together a plan of sorts, but having Twitler in the middle of things almost guarantees the execution will fail. He can't attend a brief medal ceremony before wandering off, so sticking to a detailed plan is not in the cards for him. I'm sure those same minions whisper crap he wants to hear in his ear: "you REALLY won, boss", "the people love you, it's just crooked Hillary and Obama forcing the states to do their evil bidding", and so on.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

There is no need to be terrified. Simply ask yourself these questions:

Does Trump have the majority of popular votes?
No. He lost bigly, by more than 10 million votes.

Does Trump have the majority of the electoral votes?
No. He lost bigly, by an insurmountable amount.

Does Trump have any evidence of widespread voter/election fraud that would give him a majority of electoral votes? 
No. He’s lost bigly in the courts for lack of standing, laches and most importantly, lack of evidence.

Does Trump have the military on his side? 
No. The highest military commander has spoken out against him, as have countless others in the military.

Does Trump have SCOTUS on his side?No. They unanimously denied the first attempt at getting relieving a devastatingly short, sharp and shocking decision.

Does Trump have a snowball’s chance in hell of remaining in office?

No.

The only thing you should worry about is the damage Trump still has the power to do in the few weeks he has left in office. But leave he will.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

And 17 states agree with the idiot in Texas (including my state AG)

This...so much this:

image.png.955c041a311d4336ee1e21d59cdf9b5c.png

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9

Rudy has the most interesting friends.

Thanks to her bizarre, slurring testimony during an election hearing in Michigan last week, Rudy Giuliani’s “star witness” Mellissa Carone has become an internet sensation, but for all of the wrong reasons. While Carone’s over-the-top testimony has been a comedy gold mine for Saturday Night Live and Amy Schumer, it’s also shone a light on her personal life, which is starting to answer a whole lot of questions about how she ended up working with Giuliani. According to a new report, Carone used to work as a dancer at the Bada Bing strip club in Lincoln Park, Michigan, and yes, it got its name from The Sopranos. While there’s nothing wrong with being a stripper, like all things Carone, the story quickly takes a turn. Via Daily Mail:

Mellissa Carone, 33, used to dance at the venue in 2010, which has the same name as the infamous strip club featured in HBO’s hit show The Sopranos. The seedy joint even takes after the mobster strip club, having its own history of violence. It finally shuttered following a string of incidents, including an attack in 2010 where four men, including the manager, were arrested and charged with torturing a man in the basement, drilling through his hand with an electric drill.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

45 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This...so much this:

image.png.955c041a311d4336ee1e21d59cdf9b5c.png

Do all these Republican sticks of fuck even have standing to sue here? 

• Upvote 5

If there are still cases pending after Jan. 20th, perhaps Trump will claim that he's still entitled to the legal immunity of the presidency?  If so, I'd expect the BS to keep flowing for a long while.  Wouldn't matter what the courts said.

• Upvote 9

Any public official co-signing or otherwise supporting any of these legal stunts should be ashamed.  They grandstand at the risk of the republic.  I fear what future elections hold.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

14 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The only thing you should worry about is the damage Trump still has the power to do in the few weeks he has left in office. But leave he will.

Yes, Trump will skulk off to Mar-a-Lago at some point; Melania  "Fucking Chreestmas" Trump has begun the process of inventorying their possessions to move back to Florida.  Melania has also discovered that as EX-FLOTUS, she gets exactly zip/zero/nada funding for office/staff/projects. 

But the damage being done to erode/destroy trust in the election process among 10s of millions of credulous Trump supporters  is incalculable and it's nothing more than a cynical ploy to get more money for Trump's leadership PAC.  The damage being done to Democracy is incalculable.  This poison pill will keep on working long after Trump leaves office. 

Also, it doesn't matter if all 50 states, Trump, and God/Jesus/Holy Ghost join the lawsuit, it's ridiculously weak with no viable legal argument or merit and will probably get another single-sentence dismissal.  

On another note, don't forget that Meghan (DO YOU KNOW WHO MY FATHER IS?) McCain is married to Ben Domenech, publisher/founder of The Federalist.  I have to wonder if John McCain really liked his on-in-law's politics. 

Who Funds the Federalist? Finally, We Know.   Although not it's purpose, this article is a master class in why there needs to be 100% transparency in any type of political donation. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

He's going to need Lysol in the special 1,000 gallon economy size.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

43 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

And a brand new throne.

And new mattresses and bed linens.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I bet they will have to debug the White House too. I’m sure Russia placed all sorts of bugs when they came for visits. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Ha. 

From that article:

intent on setting a good example for the country and avoiding the dangerous and embarrassing outbreaks of Covid-19 that have infected dozens in President Donald Trump’s inner circle, most recently sickening his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

Usually when I see "sickening" in the same sentence as "Rudy Giuliani," it's being used as an adjective, not a verb.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

I bet the WH staff are marking off the days on the calendar until Trump is gone.  Many of them are being exposed daily to maskless morons, who were also morons before they were maskless.  

I expect Biden to receive a joyful reception when he and Dr. Jill take up residence. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

20 hours ago, fraurosena said:

There is no need to be terrified. Simply ask yourself these questions:

Does Trump have the majority of popular votes?
No. He lost bigly, by more than 10 million votes.

Does Trump have the majority of the electoral votes?
No. He lost bigly, by an insurmountable amount.

Does Trump have any evidence of widespread voter/election fraud that would give him a majority of electoral votes? 
No. He’s lost bigly in the courts for lack of standing, laches and most importantly, lack of evidence.

Does Trump have the military on his side? 
No. The highest military commander has spoken out against him, as have countless others in the military.

Does Trump have SCOTUS on his side?No. They unanimously denied the first attempt at getting relieving a devastatingly short, sharp and shocking decision.

Does Trump have a snowball’s chance in hell of remaining in office?

No.

I’m not terrified of Trump winning in court or getting enough electors to stay in power come Jan 20. I’m afraid of how his supporters will behave when he goes, and what it means for the union that a bunch of states are trying to get votes from a different bunch of states thrown out.

I don’t know. Maybe it will be fine and all that will happen is a bunch of gullible people will fund Trump’s palace in a country without extradition and then cry into their beers when they realise what he’s done to them. Maybe Trumpers will continue to tantrum like small children all the way to another landslide loss in 2024 and President Harris, and maybe their tantrums won’t kill anybody. We don’t know. But states battling each other in the courts about whether to overthrow democracy or not is pretty terrifying to see regardless of how unlikely they are to win.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 18

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic