Jump to content
IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

LorEl

Guys, maybe I‘m being mean buuut to me these men walk like apes. In the video of the scavenger hunt and the christmas movie (in which the caldwell neighbor was saved) the men walk like apes. 
And Joe is like a volcano full of anger.

I understand if you want to give me downvotes but to me they will be „the ape-men“.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SassyPants

    38

  • Bluebirdbluebell

    22

  • AussieKrissy

    18

  • ophelia

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mother got a hysterectomy shortly after I found myself pregnant. Of course, she was 65 but you can never be too careful.

In my childfree opinion, she’s simply using resources available to her. I don’t understand why she’s getting castigated for it. 

Wow.   Not only is this some serious mom shaming, but also a dangerous message.   We should be encouraging young moms -- all moms -- to ask for help if they need it, not reinforcing the notion that th

Posted Images

Nothing if not critical
1 hour ago, LorEl said:

Guys, maybe I‘m being mean buuut to me these men walk like apes.

Maybe I'm even meaner, but to me, the poor apes don't deserve that comparison.

  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
BadMurphy

When I first started watching it I wondered why Kendra wasn’t participating bc she sure was giggling a lot...but then it became clear she knows her husband.  If he’s willing to knock over 2 year old Isaiah (who, doesn’t he have a spinal birth defect? Or did they successfully pray that away?) clearly he wouldn’t avoid knocking over a pregnant woman. 
 

Hopefully Kendra’s oldest brother has a growth spurt soon so he can start shoving back.

Edited by BadMurphy
  • WTF 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
2 hours ago, LorEl said:

Joe is like a volcano full of anger.

I don't watch the videos, so I didn't know that. I thought he was a quiet person. Not a nice guy exactly, but neutral. Reading how he competed against kids and now, reading your post makes me worried about Kendra and the children, especially because they are having a baby every single year!

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominionatrix

When Joken got married, I also recall maybe Jessa saying Joe is “the most tenderhearted of all the bros.” If this is how the thoughtful, sensitive one acts, I can only imagine how the others act. 

  • Upvote 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
SorenaJ
3 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

When Joken got married, I also recall maybe Jessa saying Joe is “the most tenderhearted of all the bros.” If this is how the thoughtful, sensitive one acts, I can only imagine how the others act. 

I could see that. We have a Labrador who is the sweetest, kindest dog, full of love, but extremely boisterous as young, knocks everything over, not aware of his own size at all. 
 

Joe is like a Labrador, except engineered to hold awful beliefs. The reduced brain size means that there is little room for anything else than awful beliefs, which is why the Duggars generally suck at most things they do (except breeding) - because they filled their brains with dangerous nonsense. 

  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
viii

Yeah, I don't think Joe is aggressive or malicious (in this regard). He was raised to be competitive and probably has zero idea how badly he comes across. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
22 minutes ago, viii said:

Yeah, I don't think Joe is aggressive or malicious (in this regard). He was raised to be competitive and probably has zero idea how badly he comes across. 

Well...I am tired of hearing poor parenting as an excuse for everything these now adult and parents to multiple kids do or say. This guy is 26 years old for lord’s sake. Someone needs to give him a heads up. I’m not sure who that someone is. Maybe Mr Caldwell? Dan Dillard? Chad Paine? Another church leader?  This is what happens when you do not treat your kids as individuals and match behavioral expectations to developmental age. 

Just now, SassyPants said:

Well...I am tired of hearing poor parenting as an excuse for everything these now adult and parents to multiple kids do or say. This guy is 26 years old for lord’s sake. Someone needs to give him a heads up. I’m not sure who that someone is. Maybe Mr Caldwell? Dan Dillard? Chad Paine? Another church leader?  This is what happens when you do not treat your kids as individuals and match behavioral expectations to developmental age. 

Also, quoting myself here. He was only raised to be competitive within his own family and mainly with his dad and his sibs in terms of gaining attention from his parents. The Duggars were never competitive outside the TTH (beyond reproduction). In fact, I think JB knew that on the whole, they weren’t really competitive at much so he isolated everyone away.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
BadMurphy
3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars were never competitive outside the TTH (beyond reproduction).

But what about Pecan Waller and Josh’s mud wrestling? 😏

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Haha 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia
1 hour ago, BadMurphy said:

But what about Pecan Waller and Josh’s mud wrestling? 😏

There was mud wrestling? Do I want to know more? Damn... I already have reallllly troubling images in my head right now.

  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
EmiSue
7 hours ago, artdecades said:

I’ve recently become obsessed with the Instagram @zillowgonewild and they featured the perfect house for joken if they ever move to Ohio (be sure to swipe all the way through)

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcoABbgEor/?igshid=13onmg1beudxz

That's actually close to the Rods too, less than an hour east of them. Can you imagine Jill living that close to a DUGGAR? 

  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
NoseyNellie
1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

That's actually close to the Rods too, less than an hour east of them. Can you imagine Jill living that close to a DUGGAR? 

OMG!!! That  *Giggles* house is less than 4 miles from me!  That is wild!!! 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia
On 1/16/2021 at 7:50 AM, artdecades said:

I’ve recently become obsessed with the Instagram @zillowgonewild and they featured the perfect house for joken if they ever move to Ohio (be sure to swipe all the way through)

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcoABbgEor/?igshid=13onmg1beudxz

I love this account!! Just the kind of positivity I need on my social media right now.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
lumpentheologie

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen carpet in a dining room before. Gross. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology
10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen carpet in a dining room before. Gross.

You made me go back and count, and of the past ten houses I've lived in (since 1965,) eight have had carpeted dining rooms, and one of those was an apartment! Two of those 8 had uncarpeted eating space in the kitchen with vinyl flooring, but we also ate in those carpeted dining rooms. Part of that time I had babies/toddlers/young children and in no case were any of the carpets gross like I would expect them to be. We were cautious and never had any disasters and I don't know how THAT happened. Now that I'm near 70 I would definitely spend my savings to rip out carpet and have tile put in, no second thoughts. In two of the houses we also had two carpeted bathrooms! Again, not gross, but today I'd rip it out, for sure. We just didn't have the money to bother with changing it in those days.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartsAFundie
14 hours ago, Bobology said:

You made me go back and count, and of the past ten houses I've lived in (since 1965,) eight have had carpeted dining rooms, and one of those was an apartment! Two of those 8 had uncarpeted eating space in the kitchen with vinyl flooring, but we also ate in those carpeted dining rooms. Part of that time I had babies/toddlers/young children and in no case were any of the carpets gross like I would expect them to be. We were cautious and never had any disasters and I don't know how THAT happened. Now that I'm near 70 I would definitely spend my savings to rip out carpet and have tile put in, no second thoughts. In two of the houses we also had two carpeted bathrooms! Again, not gross, but today I'd rip it out, for sure. We just didn't have the money to bother with changing it in those days.

My dining room is carpeted as well. In fact, now that I think about it, every house/apartment I ever lived in had carpeted dining rooms/dining areas.  I never really gave the matter much thought and actually accepted it as a normal thing.    

The house we currently live in is a finished cape built in 1994 with an semi-open floor plan downstairs so the dining room and living room all run together and have the same wall-to-wall carpeting.  It's higher-end commercial low pile carpeting so it takes a beating-we've had it for over 20 years and it still looks pretty good.   To be fair, we seldom eat in the dining room anyway.  Right now the dining room table has become the puzzle table!     

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology
1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Right now the dining room table has become the puzzle table!  

Our dining room tables have always been puzzle tables, usually during the winter.

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
QuiverFullofBooks

I think dining rooms are usually carpeted, unless you have hardwood floors, in which case most people would put a large rug under the table.

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
nvmbr02

Our dining room is tile, no rug. I am not a fan of rugs under tables even though my kids are older. We have plenty of adult company that seems to spill and it is easier to mop up without the rug. Our family room is also tile and we do have a large area rug there. The great room is carpeted as well as the stairs, halls and bedrooms and everything else is tile. I hate carpet but I don't think we will have this house long enough to make switching the flooring worth it since the carpet was brand new when we moved in a year ago. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think dining rooms are usually carpeted, unless you have hardwood floors, in which case most people would put a large rug under the table.

 This must be regional. I can't think of anyone I know here in southern Ontario with a carpeted dining room though I see them on realtor.ca in granny homes. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Baxter

We have carpet in our dining room. The dining room doesn't get used very often though. We mostly use our table in the breakfast nook. It has tile in it. When we redo our kitchen in a few years, we will likely replace the carpet and tile with laminate. I'd love real hardwood but the dogs will scratch it up. 

The only place where the carpet will stay on our main floor is the family room.  It's nice to have when I'm sitting on the floor playing with my kids. I also will only ever have carpet on stairs and in the bedrooms. Bedrooms with tile or hardwood seem cold to me. But I live in a cold place. I might feel differently if I lived in Hawaii.

  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway
21 minutes ago, Baxter said:

Bedrooms with tile or hardwood seem cold to me. But I live in a cold place. I might feel differently if I lived in Hawaii.

I live in Sweden. I don’t know anyone that has carpet in the bedroom, or any other room. The only carpeted bedroom I’ve slept in regularly is the one my husband grew up in in Australia. To be fair that one is colder then the ones I’ve slept in in Sweden though because we have way better heating. :)

I did once stay in a hotel in England that had carpet in the bathroom. I thought that was pretty weird. It went up right next to the shower. 

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814

My parents house is carpeted except for the kitchen & bathrooms. I had a client who’s house only had area rugs in every room. They recently sold their house & according to a friend of mine who lives across from their house. The first thing the new owners did was put carpet in every room. 

  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
wendy-sparkles
2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I live in Sweden. I don’t know anyone that has carpet in the bedroom, or any other room. The only carpeted bedroom I’ve slept in regularly is the one my husband grew up in in Australia. To be fair that one is colder then the ones I’ve slept in in Sweden though because we have way better heating. :) 

yeah I'm in NZ and I've never ever had a bedroom without carpet (and I've lived in a lot of houses). It's pretty standard to have every room carpeted except kitchens and bathrooms, with dining rooms/areas carpeted maybe 50/50? The houses here tend towards being poorly insulated/single glazing/ no central heating so I think that's one of the deciding factors. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      Earlier tonight, Mr. Cartmann99 and I were talking about playing this game when we were teenagers.
      You can play it at the Internet Archive if you're feeling nostalgic.
      If your score was above a certain level, they encouraged you to take a picture of the score on your television and send it to them as proof. When I finally reached that level, I used my mother's Polaroid to record the occasion.


      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      The local reich to lifers have a new billboard up about there being fingerprints 9 weeks after conception. 
      Yeah the smartass in me came out to ask that kid gee what’d you do, knock over an ATM?  
      · 1 reply
    • Kailash

      Kailash  »  HerNameIsBuffy

      I finished the first Cat Who book, The Cat Who Could Read Backwards.
      I thought it was cute and I’ll definitely keep reading the series. Thanks for mentioning it. I’m surprised that it was published in 1966, I never would have guessed it was from then. 
      · 12 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      For some strange reason spell check on my MacBook wanted to change pre-existing and one of the options it provided was pee-existing

      Of course I have a pee-existing condition.  Usually after drinking a couple cups of coffee.
      · 0 replies
    • mollysmom

      mollysmom  »  Karma

      I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you special this week. I know it's been a terrible year for you and this week is going to be tough. For what it's worth coming from an internet stranger, you've got this. You never cease to amaze me with your strength & amazing attitude. Just know that there is a whole team of us behind you who care and are there for you whatever you need. ♥️
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Ok if it wasn’t for the Seattle Police car I would g if Ave guessed this happened in Des Moines. 

      · 2 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy  »  Destiny

      Mini-B and I were talking about you today, could you feel it?
      We’ve been exploring crystals and reiki and sage cleansing...not at all in an appropriating way but embracing it and beginning to learn.  We went to a crystal shop and got some lovely things that are meaningful to us and also a sage and lavender bundle.  
       
      researching how to do a respectful cleansing.  
       
      really wish you lived local so we could have dragged you with us.    
      · 3 replies
    • petrushka

      petrushka

      Mr. P is home and doing well from our recent scare/GI bleed. Age and NSAIDs to blame.  Thanks everyone for your concern.
      · 2 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Imperfect Foods - have anyone tried them?  
      I'm getting my first box today.  I've never done a subscription box of any kind before, and I'm disproportionately excited.
      · 5 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      But it's still Friday so there's that!

      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.