IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

Interesting to hear that so many Americans are used to carpet everywhere.  I wonder which regions it's common in. Nowadays carpet has a very old fashioned feel to me.  When I lived on the West Coast in the 2000s carpet was still the norm in living rooms and bedrooms --- never in a dining room though, and never a rug under a dining room table either. In the last 10 years I've never seen any carpet at all in NYC or Russia, and in Germany I've only seen it at my husband's grandmother's house. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

There is this house for sale near where I live that has carpet òn the badtub

I wonder who thought that was a good idea.

I just had to look. Yep, that's definitely carpet on the sides of a bathtub!

Pics for anyone who doesn't want to click:

Spoiler

135_720.jpg.4c8c329f2e39e755e2b2112ff45c222d.jpg

141_720.jpg.8d4a088f1d5fb628402ebf388dc6254e.jpg

088_720.jpg.6924a35dd5f56aae156f73949c09e902.jpg

Wow! :pb_surprised:

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 8

Thanks for the pics. I thought you meant the inside of the tub. I was very confused. I need more tea.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

We are currently building a house (through a builder in a community, not the finding a lot and an architect way) and carpet was standard for all non-bath/laundry/kitchen areas with tile as standard for those wet areas. We decided to upgrade to laminate (wood looking) floors for our entire downstairs, but we kept the carpet in the bedrooms and loft on the second level (with tile for the bath/laundry room). We kept going back and forth on this, because we had both also felt that carpet was kind of dated. However, we are looking to have kids and thought having a soft surface upstairs where babies/young kids would be more likely to play may make more sense for us (and was obviously cheaper :) )

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

However, we are looking to have kids and thought having a soft surface upstairs where babies/young kids would be more likely to play may make more sense for us (and was obviously cheaper :) )

One other advantage of carpet with children, even older kids, is that things that are dropped on a carpet are just a bit less likely to break than things that are dropped on a hard floor. It's an especially helpful difference when it comes to electronics! (I still try to have my kids' devices in cases/holders to protect them, but a hard floor has been the "culprit" in a few devices my kids have broken.)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

When I was a young child we lived in a house with light-coloured carpets (almost) everywhere. During that time I was obsessed with inventing a very durable and very bright red hair-dye. So my parents ended up with a house with light-coloured carpets with lots of very durable, very bright, red stains. 

Edited by LancetteShing99
typo
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

My parents house in NJ had carpet in the entire upstairs (minus master bed & bath)....including the kid's bathroom. They've removed virtually all of it over the years...but the carpet in a bathroom definitely weird.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 1/30/2021 at 12:26 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think dining rooms are usually carpeted, unless you have hardwood floors, in which case most people would put a large rug under the table.

Quoting myself to admit that my dining room has a hardwood floor with no rug.

• Upvote 2

On 2/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, CarrotCake said:

There is this house for sale near where I live that has carpet òn the badtub

https://www.funda.nl/koop/den-bosch/huis-87581426-commissaris-bosch-van-drakesteinlaan-18/#foto-27

I wonder who thought that was a good idea.

OMG, that house was build in the 70's and they never changed a thing. My oma ( dutch for grandma) had a kitchen like  that. And the colours of the bathroom, the puke green .  Indeed a timecapsule as the realtor says in the ad.    

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Workingmom said:

OMG, that house was build in the 70's and they never changed a thing. My oma ( dutch for grandma) had a kitchen like  that. And the colours of the bathroom, the puke green .  Indeed a timecapsule as the realtor says in the ad.    

I seriously considered buying it because the price is quite good for the space you get and you can renovate it completely to your own taste.

But the neighborhood is not so nice so we continue looking...

Otherwise I could have made a whole video of me removing all the moldy carpet ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

I'm house hunting right now and the ones closest to my price range all have the ugliest 70's style carpets. Like this one, which will probably sell for over asking price.

2a52ec57ad9b63f18dfbaa902fbf7488-cc_ft_768.jpg.1e2a43e4904e374f8cb8b1c3aa54b61d.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

Kendra is due this month, but no word if it's the beginning or the end. Well we know at least she won't be born on Leap Day because there is none this year, lol. So, technically, she's due anytime.

• Upvote 4

On 2/8/2021 at 10:26 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

One other advantage of carpet with children, even older kids, is that things that are dropped on a carpet are just a bit less likely to break than things that are dropped on a hard floor.)

But then there is the disadvantage of cleaning food and beverage spills from carpet. And other liquids that kids and pets expel from various places on their bodies. 

29 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I'm house hunting right now and the ones closest to my price range all have the ugliest 70's style carpets. Like this one, which will probably sell for over asking price.

2a52ec57ad9b63f18dfbaa902fbf7488-cc_ft_768.jpg.1e2a43e4904e374f8cb8b1c3aa54b61d.jpg

Oh wow that is the 70s encapsulated.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

Oh wow that is the 70s encapsulated.

Can I send them my avocado colored bathtub, sink, and toilet? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

16 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Kendra is due this month, but no word if it's the beginning or the end. Well we know at least she won't be born on Leap Day because there is none this year, lol. So, technically, she's due anytime.

Duggar Data has narrowed it down to the 26th-28th.  But she could be early too! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

She posted on Instagram on Feb. 3 that she was 36 weeks, which means her due date has to be pretty close to the end of the month I'm assuming it was a generic "around 36 weeks" and not "I'm exactly 36 weeks." Wikipedia says Feb. 21, but there's no source listed, and she would've been more than 36 weeks on Feb. 3 if she were due on Feb. 21. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Can I send them my avocado colored bathtub, sink, and toilet? 

Send them to me! I have the 80s baby blue. I swear, some company sent all of their blue stuff up here and it was on a fire sale for a decade. Almost every home and apartment I've lived in had the blue bathrooms. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Send them to me! I have the 80s baby blue. I swear, some company sent all of their blue stuff up here and it was on a fire sale for a decade. Almost every home and apartment I've lived in had the blue bathrooms. 

My in-laws' house was a builder model in the early 80s and they haven't updated any of their sinks/tubs. Apparently the builder wanted to show off the variety of choices clients would have, so one bathroom has a baby blue sink/bathtub, one has mustard yellow, one has pastel pink and one has light tan. They've replaced the toilets in the intervening years, but I've been told those all used to match too ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

We had that same carpeting in our living room when I was a kid.  The house was redone in 1978 and that was what was chosen.   

• Upvote 4

The flat I'm renting in Germany was built in the 80s and his grandmother chose light brown for the bathroom fixtures. I like the tiles - tiny circles of different shades of light and dark brown, but I cannot understand the choice of brown sinks etc. The kitchen is still all 80s, but with nice ceramic floor tiles. We had the carpet pulled out, and have laminate floors right now. We are saving the hardwood for when we have our own home. Thing is, neither of us are really bothered about changing things up, although we might do the counter tops. Everything is still in good condition, and works fine, so we'd rather avoid the expense and the hassle.
The house I grew up in was built in the 70s, and we had the avocado green, with coordinating tiles. Each house in the row had different colours, so we got off lightly - out neighbours had purple or orange. My grandparents house from the 50s had pale pink.
One flat I rented in the UK had blue - with blue carpet in the bathroom, all up the side of the bath. The next house, fortunately, had lino in the bathroom, but the grey carpet was about my age, and directly on concrete. I have vowed to avoid carpet for the rest of my life thanks to that monstrosity. Though it did have the advantage that it was so awful that the owners allowed us to keep a cat, and we didn't get slapped with any "wear and tear" charges.

• Upvote 4

Well Kendra is on Instagram trying to earn a buck by shilling the dental tool that Jinger was advertising last week. She looks exhausted and really like she’d rather be doing anything else - which at that stage in pregnancy is sitting with her feet up while her husband takes care of the kids.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Well Kendra is on Instagram trying to earn a buck by shilling the dental tool that Jinger was advertising last week. She looks exhausted and really like she’d rather be doing anything else - which at that stage in pregnancy is sitting with her feet up while her husband takes care of the kids.

Yeah I really wish they’d stop making her do those...shes a nice girl but she’s not good at this (none of them are great at it but Kendra’s are an especially tough watch) She’s already doing her part by having a million kids, if they need more $ then Joe should sell a few more Honda Pilots or ask Dad for a raise.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Shilling a dental tool????? Now I'm going to have to read Jingers thread to see if anyone mentions it there. I can't imagine what kind of dental tool anyone would be shilling for!

• Upvote 2

Wow, that was painful to watch. Why does it seem that the ladies are always shilling the same items? Why would a company want more than 1 family member pushing the same item? Wouldn't it be more lucrative to have them all shilling different items? 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic