IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

On 12/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, kmachete14 said:

@Nothing if not critical it’s not that the embryo is sinning, it’s that the c church thinks children should be conceived “naturally.” I truly wonder what they think should happen to all the stock piled embryos though !! 

I can sort of answer this. There is no official teaching yet on embryo adoption and my priest was 100% supportive of my decision. He viewed it as saving a little life. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Caldwell’s just announced they are having another girl. So not only two pregnancies together, they also have the same genders. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

Is there a Caldwell thread somewhere? I searched and found nothing. I saw on Reddit that some people noticed Lauren and Titus posts have all disappeared and her ring is off. Anyone have the scoop on this?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Ever said:

Is there a Caldwell thread somewhere? I searched and found nothing. I saw on Reddit that some people noticed Lauren and Titus posts have all disappeared and her ring is off. Anyone have the scoop on this?

No, both families are now acting like the engagement never happened...no public explanation why. I figured it was pretty salacious if they got to an engagement, set a date, and then...nothing.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Ever said:

We discussed it a while ago. (The Caldwells are usually discussed in the Joe/Kendra forum; they’re boring, so there’s plenty of room.) My theory is that they never spent much time together or talked seriously about the future until they got engaged, and then they spent Thanksgiving together, and discovered some issues. He might have expected her to move to Pennsylvania, and she might have realized that she didn’t want to leave Arkansas.

• Upvote 12

23 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

We discussed it a while ago. (The Caldwells are usually discussed in the Joe/Kendra forum; they’re boring, so there’s plenty of room.) My theory is that they never spent much time together or talked seriously about the future until they got engaged, and then they spent Thanksgiving together, and discovered some issues. He might have expected her to move to Pennsylvania, and she might have realized that she didn’t want to leave Arkansas.

I just don't think that's enough to break an engagement. A courtship yes, but an engagement? This is the sort of stuff you get figured out before you announce to the world that you're committing yourselves to one another. I think it's something much bigger but I think it's unlikely we will ever find out the true reason. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, viii said:

I just don't think that's enough to break an engagement. A courtship yes, but an engagement? This is the sort of stuff you get figured out before you announce to the world that you're committing yourselves to one another. I think it's something much bigger but I think it's unlikely we will ever find out the true reason. 

This is my thought as well. If it was a matter of not being on the same page, they could still go the ‘we had a long discussion and decided marriage is not where God is leading us’ route vs. complete radio silence on the matter.  Although that does beg the question, why did you get engaged in the first place?  But at least a reason is given for the breakup and it puts a blanket on rampant speculation. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Caldwell’s just announced they are having another girl. So not only two pregnancies together, they also have the same genders. 

I wonder if they'll do matchy names too. I don't remember the age gap between Garrett and Isaiah, but maybe those weren't matchy because Garrett is Joe's middle name and the Caldwells already picked Isaiah? Neither couple seems to use biblical names for the girls, so they might land on names that start with the same letter or something. I can't imagine doing that with my mom, but these two seem like the type. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

I could never have a big family. That video of the gender reveal made be anxious. All the running(knocking over a toddler...more noise), noise, mess upon mess in every room...multiple changing tables, why? Are the kids changing babies outside of the parents’ room? Even the parents’ room was messy. How do people function in such chaos?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

On 12/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, Daisy0322 said:

I just think K & J are going to be the next Jim bob and Michelle. They are having older sibling girls already that’ll be able to sister mom and she’s having babies at an insane rate.  This all seems like they are the poster children of the fundie world. Their personalities seem to naturally fit, the got married ASAP, had a boy first to be a “leader” now they are having their sister moms. All while living on the compound probably biding time until they can trade houses with Michelle and JB

Agreed. I used to think that Josh and Anna would get the big house (with poor Jana probably still living in it), but it could indeed be K&J. I hope Jana at least gets to move to Grandma's old 1st floor room.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

My comments on the video:

A child was trampled and injured during that mayhem 

Joe seems even more awkward than he does on Counting On. He constantly looks uncomfortable and has his hands stuffed into his pockets. Also, he needs to embrace the direction of his hairline and chop off that forehead tendril. 

They are bursting at the seams of that house. And seem to have no storage solutions except an exposed clothing rack with plastic laundry baskets underneath it in their living room. This family needs a trip to Ikea ASAP for some vertical closed storage.

Why is there nothing hanging on their walls? Their hallway looks like an asylum. Did they just move in?

Lauren’s hair is beautiful, but I can’t imagine how long it must take her to make it look like that. 

That spiral staircase and balcony look extremely treacherous for young children. I assume that’s pastor daddy’s “office”?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

Joe behaved terribly in that gender reveal scavenger hunt video. He shoves a small child aside at the top of a steep staircase so he can get to the next clue first, and then cheats to get to be the one to read another one (while competing against young children). I think it’s fine and even nice for adults to play alongside kids, but an adult father of three should know how to behave decently while doing so. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@Dominionatrix, that's truly terrible. It's shades of Jim Bob already. I could have seen JD doing this maybe but I expected better of Joe. 

They're all like that, just in varying degrees.  They've been brought up to believe they're a blessing to their followers just by showing their lives on TV.  It's no wonder they're selfish, entitled, and have an 'I'm gonna git mine' attitude.  They learned it from Daddy dearest. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
a word
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I may be wrong but I think a part of his acting is also because he wasn't allowed to play as a kid, he had to help mom and dad, he was expected to act like a grown boy and not disturb since mom was pregnant/just give birth and tired, plus probably Jb brought him to work to show him how a manly man was supposed to act, etc. I also believe they were constant encouraged to be the first to complete whatever task they were assigned just to have some attention from the parents and maybe a couple of more min of their time. The is not an excuse, he should know better know, but who was there to show him that you aren't at the same level of a young kid when play? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Joe behaved terribly in that gender reveal scavenger hunt video. He shoves a small child aside at the top of a steep staircase so he can get to the next clue first, and then cheats to get to be the one to read another one (while competing against young children). I think it’s fine and even nice for adults to play alongside kids, but an adult father of three should know how to behave decently while doing so. 

so he played like his father played with them? competitive? i guess it is all he knows, you got a work for climbing up in the pecking order in that family. 

• Upvote 14

4 hours ago, Sabine said:

so he played like his father played with them? competitive? i guess it is all he knows, you got a work for climbing up in the pecking order in that family. 

There was a 19kac episode where Boob was playing basketball with a teenage Law Bates.  Boob is physically rough, which Lawson can’t reciprocate since Boob is an adult and much larger physically, and then Boob pats himself on the back for beating a kid. Gil is laughing his ass off the entire time. 

This is Joe’s role model.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 13
  • Disgust 6
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 1/6/2021 at 3:08 AM, viii said:

It's all they know. 

Also - they’re all emotionally stunted because of repression, so they’re stuck in childhood mode. They behave like children because they haven’t been nurtured to develop into properly functioning adults. 

edit: can someone please post the link to the video?

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 1/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, EmiSue said:

I wonder if they'll do matchy names too. I don't remember the age gap between Garrett and Isaiah, but maybe those weren't matchy because Garrett is Joe's middle name and the Caldwells already picked Isaiah? Neither couple seems to use biblical names for the girls, so they might land on names that start with the same letter or something. I can't imagine doing that with my mom, but these two seem like the type. 

Garrett is Joe's middle name, but they chose the name after Michelle's father. Garrett David Duggar, oldest son of Joe, shares his first and middle name with paternal great-grandfather Garrett David Ruark. 

On 1/5/2021 at 8:04 PM, Dominionatrix said:

This reminds of PP with his sons or Trump skiing with Eric. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Late to the party and have just watched the video. Wow, Joe is an ass. I would be so embarrassed if I were Kendra. I wonder how she will cope with 4 children,  because he’s certainly not behaving like an adult. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Garrett is Joe's middle name, but they chose the name after Michelle's father. Garrett David Duggar, oldest son of Joe, shares his first and middle name with paternal great-grandfather Garrett David Ruark. 

This reminds of PP with his sons or Trump skiing with Eric. 

I can't believe I know this, but Michelle's father was Garrett Floyd Ruark, not Garrett David. 

• Upvote 3

I always assumed the David part of Garrett's name was to honor John David. Joe seemed to look up to him for years and probably still does.

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic