IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

Last time they were finding change, as in looking for it. 

I say they found it, so this one is Found Change (and not in your jeans pocket or between the car seats)

• Upvote 10

For the daughters: No Change Has Come, They're Under Steve's Thumb.

For the reversal sons: The Change Has Come, And Steve Must Be Glum.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 4

21 hours ago, Loveday said:

This place looks like a new build, inside and out, despite its age. And talk about immaculate. I picture Anna and Mary madly scrubbing cabinets and meticulously dusting ceiling fans before the house went on the market. I wish they'd come clean my house. I'm too lazy/tired/old to do it to the level of detail they put into the job.

There are few things I would let a Maxwell in my house for...but I really would like them to clean for me. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 15

On 9/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I’m in the midst of heavy edits but nearing the stage of less fewer edits. 

(Ed. Note: For countable things (the number of edits), use “fewer.”  For uncountable things (bean burrito filling), use “less.”)

This is my pet peeve. I scream the correct term at the TV when news reporters get this wrong.

I'm not so surprised when lay people get it wrong, but for some reasons, I am shocked (shocked, I tell you) when news reporters make this mistake. I don't know why.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

On 9/4/2020 at 2:29 PM, freejugar said:

Sara is not disclosing the book title yet. After summer/fall/winter/spring (days) with the moodys I don't know if she has any ideas left.

Garage Cleaning With the Moodys

Many Hands Make Light Work With the Moodys

The Moodys Cheer the Elderly

The Moodys Deny Corona-Virus

Homeschool With the Moodys

The Moodys go to Chuch

Gardening With The Moodys

The Moodys Make Burritos

The Moodys Help Grandma

The Moodys Are Managers of Their Homes

The Moodys Build Character

See? It's endless.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9

Instead of her parents “enabling and helping” her, I’d go with “limiting and crippling” her. Let’s keep it truthful, Sarah!

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Apparently Mary isn’t doing the illustrations in the book, just the front cover, “due to her not having time”.

Bull. Shit. 

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Apparently Mary isn’t doing the illustrations in the book, just the front cover, “due to her not having time”.

Bull. Shit. 

Mary dear, many people at your age are studying or working or both. Working takes in average 10 hours daily between job and commuting.

Are you busy 10 hours daily? Babysitting and working for your brothers? Then ask for a salary. My advice is for free.

• Upvote 26
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Spreading Mulch with the Moodys

Not just spreading it. Having a Mulch Party!

And, the LORD provided Abi for Sarah. Abi wasn't available, willing or offering to do illustrations; she wasn't asked. The LORD provided her. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Bull. Shit. 

Random, very not likely speculation that I’d like to be true: maybe Mary met a nice GYM at their new church they’re going to and is in a secret courtship that of course won’t be announced until they’re married. She’s so busy because he’s local and she spends all her time “fellowshipping” with him and his family in addition to the various children’s programs she seems to work with. If it isn’t that, I have no idea what has changed in her life that has now made it so that she’s too busy to do illustrations. Maybe helping Christopher and Anna with their kids is taking all her time? That would be sweet if she’s helping Anna. 

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

From your lips to Rufus ?. I SEVERLY hope you are right and she is in a super-secret getting to know you/courtship that makes her so busy that has no time left for helping Sarah with her book 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

I actually thought about a courtship too. Mary is 24, so a little old to be getting married in the fundie world but not as old as Sarah. Michael Bates Keilen got married at 25 but she’d been in a courtship for over a year before that. 
It was stated in Anna Marie’s latest update that she’s not seeing anyone outside her “immediate” family... it implied that Anna and Mary aren’t coming over to help. 

Edited by mango_fandango
riffle
  • Upvote 8

I don't know how Anna's sister Gracie manages 6 children. I mean Anna helps out but she's still recovering. According to the schedule Chris doesn't do much. I thought the aunts we still coming over to help.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I don't know how Anna's sister Gracie manages 6 children. I mean Anna helps out but she's still recovering. According to the schedule Chris doesn't do much. I thought the aunts we still coming over to help.

Is Anna’s sister still in Kansas. I thought she left after a week. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

This is my pet peeve. I scream the correct term at the TV when news reporters get this wrong.

I'm not so surprised when lay people get it wrong, but for some reasons, I am shocked (shocked, I tell you) when news reporters make this mistake. I don't know why.

They are hired for for looks, the ability to read quickly and a pleasant voice, not because they are smart.  We had a reporter for a while that could not pronounce even the most common words correctly, but his crowning glory was Mass-a-two-shits while doing a story about Boston.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18

1 minute ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

They are hired for for looks, the ability to read quickly and a pleasant voice, not because they are smart.  We had a reporter for a while that could not pronounce even the most common words correctly, but his crowning glory was Mass-a-two-shits while doing a story about Boston.  

A news announcer once reported that our governor was undergoing surgery for “colin pole-ups.” After the commercial, he carefully said, “Again, the governor is having surgery to remove colon polyps.” Someone must have cued him in during the break.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

16 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

The Moodys go to Chuch

The Moodys Make Burritos

The Moodys Help Grandma

See? It's endless.

Dad’s Special Lunch Meat

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

18 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

The Moodys go to Chuch

The Moodys Make Burritos

The Moodys Help Grandma

See? It's endless.

My title for the sequel is Finding Change with the Moodys. Knowing Sarah this next book series is the Moodys all over again the characters just have different names. I wonder if she is going to do a crossover book with the Moodys and this series.

• Upvote 8

It was interesting that both the siblings in Finding Change had names starting with E, and all the Moody kids had M names. Also, I believe there are only two siblings in Finding Change, and they are 10 and 8 years old. 

A crossover would probably be a bit beyond Sarah, in terms of imagination. After all, she's never read or seen anything where a crossover would happen, so I don't know if she's ever thought of the concept. 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Random, very not likely speculation that I’d like to be true: maybe Mary met a nice GYM at their new church they’re going to and is in a secret courtship that of course won’t be announced until they’re married.

If that happens can we please have something like "Escape of the Vestal Virgin" as a thread title?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

It was interesting that both the siblings in Finding Change had names starting with E, and all the Moody kids had M names. Also, I believe there are only two siblings in Finding Change, and they are 10 and 8 years old. 

A crossover would probably be a bit beyond Sarah, in terms of imagination. After all, she's never read or seen anything where a crossover would happen, so I don't know if she's ever thought of the concept. 

True, but from the response of her fundie fans she might resurrect the Moody family. The books seem to be a hit with them and, even though the family might be exaggerating, are asking for more Moody adventures. 

• Upvote 7

I’ve got it!

Finding Change

Funding Stasis

Steve & Teri really support that idea! Bring in the book money, Sarah, to ensure our isolated lifestyle! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic