IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

Sarah continues to discuss how much editing she’s doing on her tiny little, terribly written children’s book. You’d think she was working on the new edition of the OED with the way she talks.

Don't forget the 5 part series "how to write a book" that spanned a year!

• Upvote 10

We had an Atari in the early 80's. It was a hand-me-down so not exactly new in  1981 / 1982.  I was what some might call addicted to Circus Atari. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

TIL that it’s officially called a Cozy Coupe.  I’ve just always referred to it as a “Little Tikes car.”

Same.  I came into this thread yesterday and had to google what it was cause I had never heard that name and as soon as I saw the picture I was like "ooooooooooooohhhh...so that's what they're called. fascinating." lol

• Upvote 8

32 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Does anyone recognize the China pattern in the birthday recap post? I’m a little in love. 

Couldn't tell you the exact pattern, but that's gotta be Noritake.

• Upvote 5

I spotted a pizza cutter on the counter in the picture of the Sunday meal....... Wonder if it was used for a salad, a burrito, a pizza?  So many questions. ???

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11

1. "For me, days blur together in a whirlwind of editing." Each 15 minute segment per day is that taxing? Come on, Sarah!!

2. Climbing a chain link fence is a "just a little bit of creativity to try to fetch a toy." Moronic or just over-sheltered?

3. "Simon Peter is quite a chunk."  Really? How so?

4. "There’s such a lot of cuteness packed in this girl!" I don't know which one it is but that head-wrap thing is a crime against humanity.

Then there's more of those plastic scooper bibs! UGH

• Upvote 17
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Does anyone recognize the China pattern in the birthday recap post? I’m a little in love. 

It looks like Noritake, Sweet Leilani.

A759E04D-7DF1-421E-8445-BCD91613F3C0.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Sarah went with Nate and Mel's family mini golfing, isn't that considered to be a sport?

Chris and AM should do more than just throw a thank you party for everyone that has helped them this year.

Don’t worry. We didn’t start it.  Well I would think not you dumbass!

Why do you call a baby a chunk?

So the "girls" had dinner at John and Chelsy's while Steve and Teri were gone.  Does this really mean John was their headship during that time?

Steve is looking more gaunt by the day.

Friday, Mom, Anna, and Mary watched Nathan and Melanie’s kids so they could have an evening out.  Fixed that for ya Sarah.  Cuz we all know Teri can't watch six kids on her own.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 12
  • Confused 1

IMG_7784.jpg

Sarah captioned this photo “Sunday family lunch, lots of happy times!”

I think I spy John and Nathan’s crews, but that’s it. We know Christopher and Anna Marie are (wisely) isolating for health reasons, but Jesse and Joseph’s families are noticeably absent. 

Has the Sunday’s bean burrito’s terrible reign come to an end?

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Did anybody else do a double-take on the picture of the Christopher/Anna Marie thank-you party where it looks like Anna is wearing capris?

Steve is looking so frail, it looks like his wedding ring could easily slide right off his finger in the book reprints picture.

I'm still watching Mel's belly with curiosity. In the mini golf picture she doesn't look at all pregnant but how old is that picture? Doesn't Sarah do these "random life" things two months at a time? In other pictures it seems like they're doing a really effective job of keeping something or someone in front of her midsection at all times.

From all the mini golfing and "evenings out" it would appear our speculations about the mothership having no clue about social distancing are correct. For Anna Marie's sake, I'm happy to see that their interactions with other families on the compound seem to be truly socially distant and outdoors. At the same time, I can only guess how hard that is for all of them.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Sarah:  "One Friday afternoon, I took an editing break and spend several hours with Nathan and Melanie’s family mini-golfing and then out for dinner. It was refreshing (and warm! :))."

I have never thought of mini-golf as refreshing. I have thought of it was fun, enjoyable, relaxing, but never refreshing.  

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Sarah:  "One Friday afternoon, I took an editing break and spend several hours with Nathan and Melanie’s family mini-golfing and then out for dinner. It was refreshing (and warm! :))."

I have never thought of mini-golf as refreshing. I have thought of it was fun, enjoyable, relaxing, but never refreshing.  

I could see it being refreshing if I were in the middle of something seriously mentally taxing - which, for Sarah, these everlasting edits undoubtedly are.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

We didn't start the washer!

No we didn't spin it, cos the cat was in it.

The post told us very little.  "Dad and Mom had an amazing time in the mountains. We’re happy they had a time of refreshment and enjoying God’s creation." - yes we knew this already.  "August came to a close with full schedules, and we welcomed September." surprising no one :P "Last week, we experienced several days of cold and rain–breaking a temperature record from the early 1900s." - what record and by how much?  Give us details!  It's the weather, not some deep personal secret.

"For me, days blur together in a whirlwind of editing."  That's actually some great descriptive imagery, except that I think it's complete hyperbole.  "This is my final week before the book goes to the copyeditor."  Actually, 'copy editor' is recommended.  "My to do list is growing for after it’s off."  The phrasing here is rather awkward, and I think 'to-do list' is preferred.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Are there not restrictions on socializing in Kansas anymore? I am just looking at the photos from the latest round up in disbelief. 

Not in Kansas, but SC and we had a birthday party for one of my daughters on Saturday.  It was only 11 of us. One of my granddaughters was masked most of the time and everyone except my husband is really good at social distancing. Yeah, I'm married to an idiot.  That group of the Maxwells might be acceptable;  health officials don't want large groups to congregate.  

• Upvote 8

According to property records the house Joe and Elissa bought is 4 bedrooms 3.5 baths and a little over 4000 sq ft.  It was listed at 405k, but I'm not sure if that was the final price they paid for the home.  The house is very nice, and no updating is needed other than cosmetic to make it their own.  If I was a gambler, I would be willing to bet he has a mortage, and Steve is fuming!

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 15

12 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

hop

Sarah captioned this photo “Sunday family lunch, lots of happy times!”

I think I spy John and Nathan’s crews, but that’s it. We know Christopher and Anna Marie are (wisely) isolating for health reasons, but Jesse and Joseph’s families are noticeably absent. 

Has the Sunday’s bean burrito’s terrible reign come to an end?

I hope Anna 3.0 asked Jesse not to go as often, no one wants to spend Sunday afternoon eating bland bean mush, hearing about where you will go when you die and having to put up with grandkids being little shits to you.

Edited by freejugar
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

16 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

2. Climbing a chain link fence is a "just a little bit of creativity to try to fetch a toy." Moronic or just over-sheltered?

Exactly my thoughts. Really Sarah? You've never seen anyone climb a chain link fence before?  [Of course its a lot more difficult when you are condemned to wear long denim skirts until doomsday]

• Upvote 18

15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Sarah went with Nate and Mel's family mini golfing, isn't that considered to be a sport?

Nathan went to a regular gym years ago. With, you know, ordinary people. I wonder how he reacted to the secular music gyms use to have. I'm sure he didn't use the showers! But it only proves that Maxwells  sons make all the changes they want. If they don't change more is not because they fear Steve, is just because they are fine having their wifes stuck at home and their children lacking social life.

16 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Friday, Mom, Anna, and Mary watched Nathan and Melanie’s kids so they could have an evening out.  Fixed that for ya Sarah.  Cuz we all know Teri can't watch six kids on her own

To be fair, I wouldn't babysit 6 kids in a million years!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, ripples72801 said:

According to property records the house Joe and Elissa bought is 4 bedrooms 3.5 baths and a little over 4000 sq ft.  It was listed at 405k, but I'm not sure if that was the final price they paid for the home.  The house is very nice, and no updating is needed other than cosmetic to make it their own.  If I was a gambler, I would be willing to bet he has a mortage, and Steve is fuming!

How do you find property records? I'm such a Google novice, apparently.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

We didn't start the washer!

No we didn't spin it, cos the cat was in it.

The post told us very little.  "Dad and Mom had an amazing time in the mountains. We’re happy they had a time of refreshment and enjoying God’s creation." - yes we knew this already.  "August came to a close with full schedules, and we welcomed September." surprising no one :P "Last week, we experienced several days of cold and rain–breaking a temperature record from the early 1900s." - what record and by how much?  Give us details!  It's the weather, not some deep personal secret.

"For me, days blur together in a whirlwind of editing."  That's actually some great descriptive imagery, except that I think it's complete hyperbole.  "This is my final week before the book goes to the copyeditor."  Actually, 'copy editor' is recommended.  "My to do list is growing for after it’s off."  The phrasing here is rather awkward, and I think 'to-do list' is preferred.

@CyborgKin, I shrieked with laughter at your first two lines!

And yes, yes, yes about Sarah’s awkward writing. It’s the equivalent of learning a foreign language from an outdated textbook but never having real conversations with native speakers.

• Upvote 13

The thing with the Maxwells and the Cozy Coupe thing is that they think it’s all either/or. They hear stuff about kids and screentime and think that that’s ALL kids do. I’m sure most kids do a combination of screentime and outside play (depending on what kind of garden they have, if at all). And not all screentime is inherently bad. There are plenty of educational apps and videos etc. 

• Upvote 16

14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Sarah the professional writer also mixed her verb tenses.  "[she] took an evening and spent..."  Alternatively, she could have gone in a different direction with this:  "[she] took an evening to spend..."

18 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Friday, Mom, Anna, and Mary watched Nathan and Melanie’s kids so they could have an evening out. 

This is also awkward.  Sarah has done this before; it's probably just how she speaks, but it translates poorly to writing.  She should have said "On Friday, Mom....."  Her version makes "Friday" look like part of the list of people who looked after the kids.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Mini golf would be refreshing if your life consists of writing a dull book, 15 minute blocks, the same bland food every week, no hobbies, no tv, no social life, working only at home for family, babysitting and chores. Which is Sarah’s life. So I’m sure mini golf was actually an extremely refreshing change from the norm.

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic