IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

22 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Meanwhile, in the USA.

Political reasons most likely. Wait till it's all Biden's fault it's not being distributed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Yeah those two walking colonoscopes should be towards the absolute end of the line when it comes to getting vaccinated  

• Upvote 5

Josh Hawley (yes, I  know Republican but he was working with The Bern on stimulus so I'm giving him a break on that front) tweeted the list of government giveaways with the reminder that 'they couldn't find any more money to give people.' 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

welp - McConnell managed to kill employers need to not give sick leave to people for getting covid.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

welp - McConnell managed to kill employers need to not give sick leave to people for getting covid.

I am not fan of winter, but Canada becomes more and more appealing each day!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ali said:

I am not fan of winter, but Canada becomes more and more appealing each day!

Try NZ - warmer but still has snow. More isolated though. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I might look it up how to immigrate there again. 

I've checked out both countries, and it's a no go as long as the pandemic is in force, plus there's a sizable amount of money you need to have to support yourself, and other restrictions.  I'm stuck here unless I sneak in, but I'm not crafty enough to pull it off.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 12/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, Ozlsn said:

Hmm...how hard is it to learn how to drive on the other side of the road?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Hmm...how hard is it to learn how to drive on the other side of the road?

Speaking from experience - you get used to it pretty quickly, but any tired/absent-minded moments are fraught with danger.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

It's easy to see that Noem's planning a run for president in 2024 as a "true conservative."

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

51 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

It's easy to see that Noem's planning a run for president in 2024 as a "true conservative."

11%. That's 11% of the population has covid. It's a lot.

Still not high enough for herd immunity, by quite a long way.

• Upvote 7

Over in Galena they’re going to do outdoor dining again next year. 

Outdoor dining in downtown Galena will continue into 2021.

On Monday night, City Council members voted, 4-1, to allow outdoor dining on a portion of Main Street from May to October next year, with Mayor Terry Renner casting the lone dissenting vote. Council Member Robert Hahn was not in attendance.

Council members at their last meeting discussed such an extension, and some expressed concerns over how certain aspects would be handled, such as garbage collection. In response, city staff compiled a report detailing how the program could be implemented.

The city originally established the policy this spring and summer in order to assist downtown restaurants when indoor dining was not allowed as part of state efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19.

I’m glad they’re doing this. I’m of the opinion they should keep doing this even after the pandemic is over.  It was really nice last year.

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

#CovidKim and #CovidKristi are the two worst governors in the country. 

• Upvote 4

The US has the finest government money can buy. 

The race to vaccinate millions of Americans is off to a slower, messier start than public health officials and leaders of the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed had expected.

Overworked, underfunded state public health departments are scrambling to patch together plans for administering vaccines. Counties and hospitals have taken different approaches, leading to long lines, confusion, frustration and jammed phone lines. A multitude of logistical concerns have complicated the process of trying to beat back the scourge that has killed over 340,000 Americans.

Dr. Ashish Jha, a health policy researcher and dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, said the main problem is that states are not getting adequate financial or technical support from the federal government. Jha said the Trump administration, principally the Department of Health and Human Services, has set states up to fail.

• Thank You 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Good thing they can't spread it.

Oh FFS. They will have the exact same situation  that Singapore did - migrant worker outbreaks which spread to the general community. Where do they think these guys live? Shop? Go for recreation? Stupidly shortsighted decision, seriously.  I'd be fine with them turning around and requiring their employers to contribute to the cost (cheaper than them shutting down their plants due to outbreaks), but given that job is a known high risk occupation I would have thought they should be near the front of the queue as essential employees frankly.

• Upvote 7